• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best Bowser Strategies/Moves

HotshotScott0007

Smash Cadet
im no pro at brawl but im decent and my main charcter is bowser i love his sheer force this post is for me and others to possibly learn some new techniques and ideas to improve our game all input would be greatly appreciated

the real silvers

Smash Rookie
there are a few tactics i like to do...

standing there and just tapping A on it's own makes bowser do some nice swipes which are quite fast. so i do them and then press upB and when it's initiated move forward with it. so you'll spin in to them, and ideally through them. from there you should be close to them so you can either grab them, do the aa upB process again, or if they are about to attack... shield and then down b them to spike their head.

bowser is slow but he makes up for it with his power. obviously breathe fire on them when you have good opportunities. when i play online against 3 others i use his downb a lot cos you can just jump in on someone who is getting beaten up and knock them out after someone has done most of your work for you. stealing peoples kills is a great tactic with a bowser.

gojira345

Smash Apprentice
Bowser's grounded down b- not useless. Use as a dash counter or smash counter. Must read opponent well.
Can also edgehog/gaurd.

Up b out of sheild- if you have tap up to jump off, just slide over y to b while holding up.

Flamegaurd- shorthop, if they DI down, blast fire up then rake them down, and if they waste all their jumps then up b let go. Works on MK and Jiggs on rare occasions.

Claw return- koopa slam someone trying to gimp you. You'll either take the stock or both of you will DI towards the stage so hard you will recover.

Dtilt spacing- back up while crawling if they smash then crawl in and dtilt. Dangerous, but works.

Crouch spacing- on BF Bowser is so big he can be hit from above through platforms. Crouch to cancle this. from here you can

Grounded down b to double hit them.

Switch to utilt or uair or usmash as they miss. Even fsmash works! They have to be in front.

Dsmash hogging- on the tiny BF platforms, or on Luigi's mansion, if they jump on the platforms and you dsmash they have nowhere to go, and no matter how long their roll or spotdodge is, they get caught.

Firebaiting- People love to attack through the BF platforms. If they run to get under you, just shoot fire straight down, then follow their DI.

Bair wop- Whom needs Jigglypuff's wop when you can bair them ONCE offstage and return.

Fortress hog- facing away from the stage, up b to the edge and catch it.

Projectile cancel- dtilt, jab, ftilt, and fortess cancel projectiles well.

Roll punish with ftilt in the opposite direction, or a turnaround flame.

That is everything I can think of......

Nils!

Smash Rookie
Hmm... out of curiousity, since I'm new to the competetive team myself, I'm rather curious what the terms "Punish" and "Counterpic" actually mean?

Liquid Gen

Smash Ace
Hmm... out of curiousity, since I'm new to the competetive team myself, I'm rather curious what the terms "Punish" and "Counterpic" actually mean?
Punish - Attacking someone after they initiate a laggy move, leaving them open.

Counterpick - A stage or a character chosen to counter your opponent's.

Nils!

Smash Rookie
Gotcha. Thank you very much for keeping me up with the terminology. XD

Shade487z

Smash Cadet
On the subject of unknown smash terms, anyone mind telling me what the term "broken" means?

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Broken is an overused term but basically it means something that is really really good

though the true meaning is literally meant to be uncounterable, such as Akuma in streetfighter

Top Bottom