• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Besides Nair?

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
Hey, guys. I recently picked up Yoshi and have been wanting to ask a question: besides nair, what is a good finishing aerial? I mean, Dsmash and Fsmash are good onthe ground, but nothing really works besides nair unless you are near the edge of the stage. Then you could probably use fair, and uair only works at really high percents.

Mind Trick

Smash Ace
There is none, you pretty much explained it yourself xD
Nair is still good on ff's, upair is still good on floaties though for finishing.
But if you can, work your smashes and dtilt gimp stuff.

Almost forgot, if you land a dair and at the end of it they are above... 90% or so, it stuns enough to follow up with dsmash.

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
Ya, but the problem is, it doesn't really kill them unless they are at very high percents. Anyone that can DI won't DI until over 100$, or unless I grab ledge and hang on tight.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Well, it's Yoshi's best killing aerial.

So neutral air is where it's at.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Because you can play Fox, who has lots of potential and is infinitely better.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: I didn't say he wasn't those things.

I was just saying why people don't play him.

Velox

Smash Ace
depending you could hit them out of the air with bair and finish with a dsmash << lol

also uair is surprises me when it kills sometimes..

oh, and believe it or not, down 'b' can be a pretty good aerial killer if the opportunity presents itself.

there's really not A LOT of killing opportunities with Yoshi (though still quite a bit imo), you have to be a beast yourself and make opportunities, this isn't Fox Sheik Peach Falcon etc..

like you could get gutsy, something that almost always works is if you hit someone in the air, stand directly below them and don't do ****, instead of hitting them with a nair just stand there and neutral b, a move without much lag but seems like it has a lot, then when your opponent double jumps at you with a dair or something, wavedash away and fsmash them as they land (though I personally use dash away to pivot fsmash). These are some of the mysterious mindgames I'm told this game has <<

Mind Trick

Smash Ace
depending you could hit them out of the air with bair and finish with a dsmash << lol
this is really good against ff's that stand on a platform, just full hop bair, and dsmash immediately, not many people react in time to DI it correctly. Same goes for uptilt to dsmash at the edge.

I totally forgot, but fair has so much hit stun, you have a lot of time to follow it up with (even) double jump upair, lots of different % for different chars.

Lastly, weak nair sometimes leads to fsmash/dsmash, but cc ***** it.

YOSHIDO

Smash Ace
I play yoshi intournies when i have a chance. Like vs peach and floaties. My yoshi has done pretty good. But say fox. Theres no chance in heck an equal lv fox should loose to a yoshi. I'm not saying its imposible but it's close too it. Thats why i picked up a secondary as falco. He does okay. Im also looking at peach too.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
Nair is well-rounded.

Reverse-jump->DJC Bair->Pivot FTilt can set up for combos. The fun thing about Bair is it's multi-hit, but doesn't just tickle, and with Yoshi DJCing, you can end it when they start to DI out of it.

Top Bottom