• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bermudian Smashers -Fox Vids-NEW VID INSIDE

Miggz

Pancake Sandwiches
Hey all, my name is Miguel, but most people call me Miggz. I'm a pretty solid smasher from Bermuda and I have been playing the game with advanced techs for about a year. My main is Marth, and I have gotten very skilled with him, HOWEVER, this is a Fox forum, and I bring you vids of my Fox! Keep in mind that I have only been playing with Fox for 2 months...and my friends think I am picking him up rather quickly. I play pretty well in the three matches I am about to share with you. If there is anything that you can point out about my Fox that can help me out...it would be great. :D :D

Oh and I wouldn't mind youtube comments/rating as well, or you can chose not to do either. lolz. Either way is cool by me. Enjoy.

Update: Hey all, Bermudian smasher Miggz here. I managed to get my Fox recorded again, its only mone vid though, for now anyway. lol. I feel as though I have indeed gotten better. Mainly in speed and playing a bit smarter. I hope you guys watch this vid for me and tell me how much you think. I still understand I have more things to smooth out, so I know I'll have i down. Looking forward to the comments!

[OLD VIDS]

Miggz(Fox) V.S. ROK (C.Falcon) - FD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NErGkdO68to

Miggz(Fox) V.S. ROK (C.Falcon) Round 2 - PS
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIRW7NK8BMo&mode=related&search=

Miggz(Fox) V.S. ROK (C.Falcon) Round 3 - YS (My favorite)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8sLyHiaFv4&mode=related&search=

[New Vid]

Miggz(Fox) V.S. ROK (C.Falcon) - FD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Dkeoxghde8

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Chill out. You posted in one of the less active times of the boards, and then again only a few hours later.

Don't ever dthrow against Falcon. Uthrow>whatever.

Your combo game needs improvement. Just start messing around with your friend or against lvl 1 cpus to figure out some combos. For starters (against CF),
uthrow>usmash/uair
waveshine>waveshine
waveshine>dsmash
nair>grab / nair>jab>grab.

You also could stand to play a bit faster:
make sure you FF your shffls
Dash Dance more, and try longer length DDs
try shl instead of shdl.

Hope this helps!

Oskurito

Smash Lord
d-throw is ok if you're good at tech chasing but if you're not then I suggest you avoid using it, basicly every time you want to use d-throw use up-throw instead, is better(versatile) all of scotu's advice on combos are ok try drillshine repetitions if you're enough good to do those and my advice on combo: waveshine>upthrow>waveshine>upthrow... if they DI then chase with waveshine and repeat ^^

brawlpro

Smash Master
Florissant, St. Louis, MO Tech Skill: Over 9000

SCOTU

Smash Hero
d-throw is ok if you're good at tech chasing but if you're not then I suggest you avoid using it, basicly every time you want to use d-throw use up-throw instead, is better(versatile) all of scotu's advice on combos are ok try drillshine repetitions if you're enough good to do those and my advice on combo: waveshine>upthrow>waveshine>upthrow... if they DI then chase with waveshine and repeat ^^
They can DI the shine up and jump/ air dodge out.

Oskurito

Smash Lord
They can DI the shine up and jump/ air dodge out.
You can still chase lol, and that has happen to me already I'm gonna search the vid where it happens to upload it(not sure where it was I have like 200 vids and none of them has names just numbers)

goateeguy

Smash Ace
for fox: i can't say much, ur just about as good as me. for falcon: dair a little less and knee a little more. that's all i can say. sry for lack of help :p

Miggz

Pancake Sandwiches
Chill out. You posted in one of the less active times of the boards, and then again only a few hours later.

Don't ever dthrow against Falcon. Uthrow>whatever.

Your combo game needs improvement. Just start messing around with your friend or against lvl 1 cpus to figure out some combos. For starters (against CF),
uthrow>usmash/uair
waveshine>waveshine
waveshine>dsmash
nair>grab / nair>jab>grab.

You also could stand to play a bit faster:
make sure you FF your shffls
Dash Dance more, and try longer length DDs
try shl instead of shdl.

Hope this helps!
Hey there, thanks for the combo tips! They do indeed help me out big time. Yeah my waveshining game does need to get a bit better. Not to mention I have a hard time getting in a dair/shine. I can do them, just don't know when to apply them to well. lol. Oh and sorry I got a little impatient. ^^;

Miggz

Pancake Sandwiches
Yeah I dunno why, I just had the urge to mix up my throws at times. I seem to be pretty gifted at tech chasing, and not just against ROK, but it happens often when I fight others too. But yeah I will keep in mind that up throw is a better option. :D

goateeguy

Smash Ace
Hey there, thanks for the combo tips! They do indeed help me out big time. Yeah my waveshining game does need to get a bit better. Not to mention I have a hard time getting in a dair/shine. I can do them, just don't know when to apply them to well. lol. Oh and sorry I got a little impatient. ^^;
in that case ur already ahead of me. are these vids new or have they been out for a few weeks?

Oskurito

Smash Lord
MIGGZ!!! NEW VIDZ OF ME ARE JUST RECORDED, THEY ARE A LITTLE BLURRY BUT THEY STILL AITE, CHECK EM OUT L8R IN THE EVENING....u can also catch my roy and my n00bish ice climbers as well.(2 new fox vids, a roy vid, and my suckish ic vid :p)
LOL I want to see your noobish chars too :) and I'll record my low tier chars this weekend ^^

darkshy

Smash Ace
Your grab game and combos need a little work. Use those upthrows to Uair combos they really help. Also move alot faster around courses faster that's what's good about fox.

Miggz

Pancake Sandwiches
Awesome bro...I will indeed check them out! I am so leaving a comment.

Oh and you can tell yah friend edge that he can subscribe to my youtube profile if he wants (you can too ^^to pick up on some marth tips, I'll be more then happy to help him out.

brawlpro

Smash Master
Florissant, St. Louis, MO Tech Skill: Over 9000
ok, but hey also post on my thread if you haven't already done so(y'know to go to one place fo advice ;)) and lol edge will prolly be like "phfft" when he reads your post knowin him lol, jk, scotu, thnx, i'll go to google fo those other vidz then :) pce outz

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
****it Miggz. I'm guna be harsh here.

NEEDS MORE WAVESHINE. Waveshine grabs. Waveshine usmashes. Waveshine across stages to dsmash and edge-guard. Watch how M2k ***** PC Chris' Falcon. You'll pick up a lot of good tactics. Otherwise, good shiet. You're improving.

Miggz

Pancake Sandwiches
Lol. XD

Yeah thanks for the tips. I dunno why I didn't pull of some of my waveshine combos. How odd of me. But yeah the next time I post a vid of my Fox...I'll make up for it. ^^

Thanks man. See ya!

Miggz

Pancake Sandwiches
Oh yes, I shall. I'll have more in a few weeks time. Not to mention I'll post more then one this time. I have loads of vids of my Marth, so I figured its about time my Fox gets the same amount of attention. XD

See yah on messanger some time.

Top Bottom