• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bermudian Mario

Miggz

Pancake Sandwiches
Hey all, my name is Miguel but my friends call me Miggz. I am a skilled smasher from Bermuda and I come with vids for you to check out. One of my crew members, Janos aka Boochie plays Mario and he is really good. I would really appreciate if you took the time to watch a match or two if you wish and rate/critique his Mario. Positive criticism is greatly appreciated. Oh and yes, I am the Marth in these vids. XD

Miggz [Marth] V.S. Boochie [Mario] PS
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLrlIQDyd7E&feature=related

Miggz [Marth] V.S. Boochie [Mario] KJ -(my personal favorite)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyrjQ2VM3d0&feature=related

Miggz [Marth] V.S. Boochie [Mario] FD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZW3WZGn86g&feature=related

Gea

Smash Master
Wow, I'll let the Marth boards handle you, but for starts Boochie needs to start fastfalling.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Firstly, he does need to FF to speed himself up. That Mario wasn't necessarily bad, but he needs more movement, that is his only defense against Marth. Alternation between DD and WD is Mario's main movement, and it can be used to get inside of Marth's range, which is key. If you are constantly moving, Marth will not only have a harder time hitting you, but it will open up more possibilities if Marth takes a big swing (Fsmash, Ftilt, Dair) and misses, allowing you to punish him. I think you know what cto do when you get close, but you have to be faster in order to do it consistantly, and consequently, win.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
First video:

You used too much Dash attack. Marth's dash attack isn't particularly good. It has range, priority, and some setup, but it has rather bad startup and not so forgiving ending lag, and a relatively short hitbox duration for a dash attack despite all the lag in it. There were times it seemed to give your friend an opportunity to get a hit in. I believe that you should also have used more F-tilt. Marth's F-tilt doesn't quite have the knockback of the F-smash, but it is a lot faster, an sweetspotted still has tons of knockback. It's a move that I personally hate having to deal with, being a Mario user myself. There's not really much that I can say about your friend's gameplay though. It was pretty well done throughout this match as far as I can see. If there's anything I'm guessing he could use more, maybe it would be the Cape somewhere. Probably just for ledgeguarding though. =/

2nd match:

I liked the way your friend used the stage to his advantage, but then again, the Super Jump Punch is a fairly laggy move at the end, so I just caution against making a habit out of using it like that. I dunno if it is just me, but I think your friend should try the Jab->Dsmash combo instead of the Jab->Jab->Kick combo sometimes since the kick has unforgiving lag if the knockback doesn't space an enemy far away enough. Now about you, I noticed that you throw forwards a lot. Mix it up a little. In fact, if I were Marth, I'd throw upwards sometimes. Marth's aerial game is very powerful and outranges pretty much everything else Mario has, and I noticed that your friend had some trouble dealing with you when he was above you. Get Mario into an aerial combo, there is little he can really do unless you miss him completely. And less dash attack again please since IMO Marth generally has better options. Another thing I think you may have overlooked is the Dancing Blade, which is a relatively easy combo to use that's fast and has relatively low lag.

Wow, I'll let the Marth boards handle you, but for starts Boochie needs to start fastfalling.
Eh? I thought I saw Boochie fast fall enough times. Those U-air blinds in particular didn't come from just nowhere. =/

Anyway, you two keep up the good work. ^^

Gea

Smash Master
Eh? I thought I saw Boochie fast fall enough times. Those U-air blinds in particular didn't come from just nowhere. =/

Anyway, you two keep up the good work. ^^
No wai. Boochie spent waaaay too much time just driiifting through the air. Watch him nair.

He also needs to learn how to sweetspot, not double jump when near the edge (though the Marth phails at punishing it), step up his jab game and waveland/wavedash more in general.

Top Bottom