• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Benghazi: A Conspiracy That Will Not Die

NNID
Budget_Player
Speaking of Benghazi, as we were a page or so ago:

*sigh* I don't believe it's appropriate for you to play off of Benghazi where four Americans were left to die by the US government. Hopefully a mod will infract you for your offensive post and change the name of the thread.
On the off chance you didn't just make that statement in an attempt to piss some people off, care to expound on the whole "four Americans left to die" thing? To my knowledge, numerous independent investigations, including one by the US House of Representatives (a republican-led endeavor), found that there was no wrongdoing. Care to explain what you're talking about?

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Speaking of Benghazi, as we were a page or so ago:

On the off chance you didn't just make that statement in an attempt to piss some people off, care to expound on the whole "four Americans left to die" thing? To my knowledge, numerous independent investigations, including one by the US House of Representatives (a republican-led endeavor), found that there was no wrongdoing. Care to explain what you're talking about?
It's a cover up man. Not to sound like a conspiracy theorist but it's true. A helicopter full of service men were ready to go in bug were told to stand down. The ambassador also was in fear for his safety. Then you have to ask yourself this if their was nothing wrong. Why did they lie about things? What was Obama doing for those ten hours?

NNID
Budget_Player
It's a cover up man. Not to sound like a conspiracy theorist but it's true. A helicopter full of service men were ready to go in bug were told to stand down. The ambassador also was in fear for his safety. Then you have to ask yourself this if their was nothing wrong. Why did they lie about things? What was Obama doing for those ten hours?
Citation needed on that helicopter; looking through google I'm finding nothing. And neither did the house intelligence commission, apparently.

See, the interesting thing is that the republicans in the house of representatives (you know, the ones banging on and on about this being a coverup and a conspiracy) were among those to say, "No evidence of a coverup could be found". So that's where I'm sort of lost. Did they not want to hurt the democrats? This coverup makes no sense whatsoever. It's like if the Patriots were accused of cheating in the 2014 Super Bowl, and the Seahawks investigated and found no evidence, and you claimed it was a coverup - what possible motivation could the Seahawks have? They'd love to see the Patriots dragged over hot coals for that! It just makes no sense.

See, while motives are nice and all, it's considerably more important to first determine if they lied. And I'm not sure where this is coming from. If there was anything to find there, why would the republicans cover it up? There have been countless investigations into Benghazi, and none of them have turned up any evidence of wrongdoing or a coverup. Maybe you can provide some evidence?

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Citation needed on that helicopter; looking through google I'm finding nothing. And neither did the house intelligence commission, apparently.

See, the interesting thing is that the republicans in the house of representatives (you know, the ones banging on and on about this being a coverup and a conspiracy) were among those to say, "No evidence of a coverup could be found". So that's where I'm sort of lost. Did they not want to hurt the democrats? This coverup makes no sense whatsoever. It's like if the Patriots were accused of cheating in the 2014 Super Bowl, and the Seahawks investigated and found no evidence, and you claimed it was a coverup - what possible motivation could the Seahawks have? They'd love to see the Patriots dragged over hot coals for that! It just makes no sense.

See, while motives are nice and all, it's considerably more important to first determine if they lied. And I'm not sure where this is coming from. If there was anything to find there, why would the republicans cover it up? There have been countless investigations into Benghazi, and none of them have turned up any evidence of wrongdoing or a coverup. Maybe you can provide some evidence?
http://investigations.nbcnews.com/_...asnt-allowed-to-fly-to-benghazi-during-attack

If you remember the Benghazi talking points where that it was a spontaneous riot that lead to these guys death. In response to a video they even arrested a man because of it. Now the sole guy who was arrested for the terrorist attack on our consulate was out doing interviews and crap while the administration didn't do a damn thing. Also Hilary Clinton did not keep proper email revords as Secretary of state. She didn't use a government email and has wiped her server clean.

Please stop with the blind defense of Benghazi. I know what the media has said. What I want from you is to actually understand something. 4 people were killed bye terrorist nothing was done to stop it and when it happened they lied about it.

NNID
Budget_Player
Okay, but that's one lousy stand down order:

U.S. military officials confirmed Hicks' account late Monday, but said the team was reviewing security measures at the Embassy and was not equipped for combat.

The Special Forces soldiers would have been the second group of U.S. government personnel to travel to Benghazi. Earlier, six Americans flew from Tripoli to Benghazi to attempt to aid the embattled personnel at the diplomatic mission.

Sources told NBC News that Hicks told investigators that the team that was denied permission to fly to Benghazi consisted of just four Special Operations soldiers and that the flight did not arrive in time for their presence to have had an impact in the fighting. Two Americans, including U.S. Ambassador Christopher Stevens, were killed in the initial attack on the Benghazi consulate, which began just before 10 p.m. on Sept. 11. Two former Navy SEALs died in a mortar attack on a nearby U.S. diplomatic annex early on Sept. 12, shortly before the flight from Tripoli arrived.
So they didn't send a group that was underequipped and wouldn't have made a difference in the first place. Again, this is interesting, but did the House Intelligence Report miss it? I strongly recommend you look at at least the first few pages of this report.

If you remember the Benghazi talking points where that it was a spontaneous riot that lead to these guys death.
Yes, and this wasn't true. Did they know this wasn't true at the time? The House Intelligence Report maintains that no, they didn't. The information was murky, and Susan Rice was working off the information she had available at the time. Remember, this is the opposition's report. This isn't the democrats covering their own asses, this is the republicans trying (and failing) to rip them a new one over this. That this was wrong didn't come out until later.

In response to a video they even arrested a man because of it.
Now this just straight up isn't true. The filmmaker in question was not arrested because of Benghazi. He was arrested for explicitly violating the terms of his parole (including lying to his parole officer). All those people saying "this guy was arrested for criticizing Islam" are lying to you. So, you know, business as usual for FOX, Infowars, WND, and the like.

Now the sole guy who was arrested for the terrorist attack on our consulate was out doing interviews and crap while the administration didn't do a damn thing. Also Hilary Clinton did not keep proper email revords as Secretary of state. She didn't use a government email and has wiped her server clean.
The email issue is a bit questionable, I will admit that. I'd like to see some actual evidence of a coverup, but this is at least fishy.

Please stop with the blind defense of Benghazi. I know what the media has said. What I want from you is to actually understand something. 4 people were killed bye terrorist nothing was done to stop it and when it happened they lied about it.
"Nothing was done to stop it"? From your own cite:

The only U.S. defenders who arrived in time to battle the insurgents was a small group of men who chartered a plane in Tripoli after the initial assault on the Benghazi consulate and arrived in Benghazi by 1:30 a.m. on Sept. 12, in time to help set up a defense at the diplomatic annex. Ex-SEALs Glen Doherty and Tyrone Woods, were killed in a mortar attack on the compound between 5 and 6 a.m.

A Libyan C-130 transport plane that would’ve carried the second group of U.S. Special Forces operatives from Tripoli to Benghazi ultimately left Tripoli for Benghazi between 6 and 6:30 a.m., after Doherty and Woods were dead. It later evacuated survivors from the attack.

Two separate U.S. Special Forces teams from elsewhere in Europe were ultimately authorized to respond to the attacks, but did not arrive at staging bases until the evening of Sept. 12, more than 12 hours after the fighting had ended.
There was quite a bit done. Look, it's extremely easy to look at the facts after the event and say, "Oh, they could have done X better, they could have done Y better" - after we have all the details that they did not have at the time. I keep hearing things like "stand down order". Maybe, just maybe, it was people not wanting to throw people into a death trap? Again, information was incomplete during that time. We weren't sure what was going on there. Explicitly we (us two) do not have all the information on which they based their decision-making. Which is why I keep coming back to the House Intelligence Committee Report - a comprehensive report on the subject from a source biased towards finding wrongdoing which does have access to a lot of information that we probably don't. And they didn't find a stand-down order. They didn't find any evidence of wrongdoing. They found that the procedure for creating the talking points was flawed, but as far as wrongdoing goes, that's pretty damn small potatoes.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Okay, but that's one lousy stand down order:

So they didn't send a group that was underequipped and wouldn't have made a difference in the first place. Again, this is interesting, but did the House Intelligence Report miss it? I strongly recommend you look at at least the first few pages of this report.

Yes, and this wasn't true. Did they know this wasn't true at the time? The House Intelligence Report maintains that no, they didn't. The information was murky, and Susan Rice was working off the information she had available at the time. Remember, this is the opposition's report. This isn't the democrats covering their own *****, this is the republicans trying (and failing) to rip them a new one over this. That this was wrong didn't come out until later.

Now this just straight up isn't true. The filmmaker in question was not arrested because of Benghazi. He was arrested for explicitly violating the terms of his parole (including lying to his parole officer). All those people saying "this guy was arrested for criticizing Islam" are lying to you. So, you know, business as usual for FOX, Infowars, WND, and the like.

http://smashboards.com/threads/deba...n-current-events.257678/page-11#post-19018155
The email issue is a bit questionable, I will admit that. I'd like to see some actual evidence of a coverup, but this is at least fishy.

"Nothing was done to stop it"? From your own cite:

There was quite a bit done. Look, it's extremely easy to look at the facts after the event and say, "Oh, they could have done X better, they could have done Y better" - after we have all the details that they did not have at the time. I keep hearing things like "stand down order". Maybe, just maybe, it was people not wanting to throw people into a death trap? Again, information was incomplete during that time. We weren't sure what was going on there. Explicitly we (us two) do not have all the information on which they based their decision-making. Which is why I keep coming back to the House Intelligence Committee Report - a comprehensive report on the subject from a source biased towards finding wrongdoing which does have access to a lot of information that we probably don't. And they didn't find a stand-down order. They didn't find any evidence of wrongdoing. They found that the procedure for creating the talking points was flawed, but as far as wrongdoing goes, that's pretty damn small potatoes.
The reason why I don't respond to you pumping that house report is because there's still an on going investigation into Benghazi. The problem that I have with the things you're saying is that you make it seems as though it was business as usual when however that simple isn't the case. The way this was handled was bad. Four Americans were left for dead. They blamed some guy's video. That guy's history I never knew but I've seen enough from this administration to know how they operate. That guy was a scapegoat they used his video as an attempt to blame him for what happened. They basically wouldn't call it a terrorist attack. One thing you should understand about our embassies is that's American soil. While it's on foreign land it's still considered American soil. When someone attacks our embassies that's a declaration of war on America. So for them to drag their feet on Benghazi is ridiculous like I pointed out before. The guy who lead the attack was out giving interviews while the US government couldn't find him......but they figured out who made that video pretty quickly and locked him up.

So you say there's no cover up and the stand down order didn't happen, Be careful in your trust of the media and your belief in government. These people are corrupt I don't care if you're on the left or right. You should ask more questions about everything instead of blindly championing a side. Some of these websites are funded by the government. The whole goal is to manipulate if you look at Benghazi you can see it. Start at the beginning and just ask yourself why did they blame the video? Why didn't they call it terrorism ? Why didn't they respond to ambassador Stevens request for more security ? Why was nothing done to save those Americans that day ?

http://www.judicialwatch.org/press-...ghazi-documents-point-white-house-misleading- to talking-points/

http://www.breitbart.com/national-security/2015/01/28/another-benghazi-cover-up/

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...pecial-forces-team-ordered-to-stand-down.html

http://www.breitbart.com/national-s...azi-survivors-remained-gagged-by-federal-law/

This late source is kinda an all in one source. It shows how little the media covered Benghazi and brings ups a lot of different points. It also addresses some of the things you said. So check it out and let me know what you think. EDIT : this link is being censored for some reason.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/geoffr...-big-three-networks-have-censored-or-spun-oba

How can i forget this lady? No cover up? These people have been out there spinning everything. Reside Obama is a habitual liar. I don't think I need to post any more.

http://m.cnsnews.com/mrctv-blog/bar...evens-wasnt-murdered-he-died-smoke-inhalation

Last edited:
NNID
Budget_Player
The reason why I don't respond to you pumping that house report is because there's still an on going investigation into Benghazi.
This is like saying "there's still an ongoing investigation into 9/11" - technically, you're not wrong; realistically, it's a farce that we should have closed the book on years ago, and the fact that Richard Gage won't shut up about it says more about his bias than anything else. See, no matter how many investigations come up with nothing (and let's be clear now - there have been seven thus far, all coming back with pretty much the same "we can't find any dirt"), the Republicans won't drop this. Why should they? They can spend taxpayer money to continue to use this as a campaign attack dog, and the moment they give it up, they lose a powerful tool in their arsenal. The fact that they've commissioned an eighth investigation into this issue after the last seven found nothing is not evidence that there's dirt to be dug up, it's evidence that they have a vested interest in making us believe there's dirt to be dug up.

Or, to put it another way: there are still ongoing investigations into Obama's birth certificate.

The problem that I have with the things you're saying is that you make it seems as though it was business as usual when however that simple isn't the case. The way this was handled was bad.
See, speaking of things that simply aren't the case...

Four Americans were left for dead.
Again, every single one of the seven investigations into the subject (including at least two led by republicans) found that this simply is not true. To quote CBS News:

Debunking a series of persistent allegations hinting at dark conspiracies, the two-year investigation of the politically charged incident determined that there was no intelligence failure, no delay in sending a CIA rescue team, no missed opportunity for a military rescue, and no evidence the CIA was covertly shipping arms from Libya to Syria.
So if you want to claim that they were "left for dead", I'd like to see some actual evidence. The fact that they didn't send every available air support within 1000 kilometers (and keep in mind, Tripoli, the closest available military base, was, in fact, about a thousand kilometers away) is not evidence that they were left for dead. The people with the actual authority to investigate the chain of command and classified decisions made that day seem to be under the distinct impression that the response was timely and that no opportunity for a military rescue was missed.

They blamed some guy's video.
And investigation after investigation has shown that Susan Rice was going off of what the CIA told her, which was (again, information was sparse on the ground) what they knew at the time.

That guy's history I never knew but I've seen enough from this administration to know how they operate. That guy was a scapegoat they used his video as an attempt to blame him for what happened.
Except that as numerous investigations have discovered, this is what the CIA believed at the time. The information was faulty, but the information-gathering process was not. It just needed more time. Oh, and as previously stated: he was not jailed for making the movie. He was jailed for violating his parole. You realize "that guy" was a career criminal and fraudster with a record heading out the door, right? In fact, in his actual trial, he struck a plea bargain that completely dropped every charge related to the film, which most people would not have had but he had on account of, again, his parole conditions. Turns out lying to your parole officer is kind of a no-no (read: felony).

They basically wouldn't call it a terrorist attack.
Politifact rates this "half true". I find that incredibly charitable to Romney. And also, keep in mind that the actual intel on the ground was still sparse. Did Obama know at that point whether or not it was a terrorist attack? I have no idea.

One thing you should understand about our embassies is that's American soil. While it's on foreign land it's still considered American soil. When someone attacks our embassies that's a declaration of war on America. So for them to drag their feet on Benghazi is ridiculous like I pointed out before.
Yes, we should have immediately declared war on the responsible parties and sent out troops to capture them. Because, you know, the last time this happened (oddly enough on the exact same date), it ended so well for America. And of course, there's a pretty clear and obvious difference between an attack on mainland America and an attack on an embassy. Sure, it's technically American soil, but if you can't see any substantial differences, then maybe you should look harder.

So you say there's no cover up and the stand down order didn't happen, Be careful in your trust of the media and your belief in government. These people are corrupt I don't care if you're on the left or right.
You're right, I agree. The government is corrupt in a lot of ways. But when we're talking about corruption, it's important to consider the bigger picture. What possible motive could the Republicans have to cover the Democrats' asses? It makes no sense. If there was anything to find, the House Intelligence Commission would have touted it to the world. They would have shouted from the rooftops, "LOOK! HILLARY CLINTON ****ED UP!" You know, because that would really hurt her in the 2016 election, and at this point it's something the Republicans desperately need. But they didn't. They quietly released a report which said the same thing as all the other investigations: "nothing to see here, move along". The only way that even begins to make sense is if, well, they couldn't find anything.

You should ask more questions about everything instead of blindly championing a side. Some of these websites are funded by the government. The whole goal is to manipulate if you look at Benghazi you can see it.
No. If you assume that the whole goal is to manipulate, then look at Benghazi, you start seeing all kinds of neat little threads. But if you don't assume that, and look at the available evidence, what comes out is an extremely typical story of a wartime encounter with very limited information. You want me to ask all these questions, as if they're rhetorical bombshells; the problem is, we have answers to those questions already.

Start at the beginning and just ask yourself why did they blame the video?
Bad intel. The CIA documents circulated around the time of Susan Rice's infamous press conference say pretty much the same things she said on TV. But even if this wasn't the case, I would still mirror Clinton's (eternally taken-out-of-context) response: "What difference does it make?"

Why didn't they call it terrorism ?
They did. On september 12th, Obama got up in the Rose Garden and said:

"No acts of terror will ever shake the resolve of this great nation, alter that character, or eclipse the light of the values that we stand for. Today we mourn four more Americans who represent the very best of the United States of America. We will not waver in our commitment to see that justice is done for this terrible act. And make no mistake, justice will be done."​

After that, though, the intel became murky, and what exactly had happened was unclear. Is it any wonder that they held back on making public statements, lest they make an ass of themselves right before election day?

Why didn't they respond to ambassador Stevens request for more security ?
I'm not sure. Maybe it wasn't in the budget (it had recently been cut); maybe they didn't consider it a high-priority target; maybe Stevens had previously turned them down; maybe Stevens' letter was simply too late. I don't know why; there are numerous possible explanations. Maybe you can help me out there; why do you think they didn't buff up Libyan security?

Why was nothing done to save those Americans that day ?
Did you read the post you quoted? Or the news article you cited? Here, once more, with feeling:

Earlier, six Americans flew from Tripoli to Benghazi to attempt to aid the embattled personnel at the diplomatic mission.​

But even if they hadn't, here's a proposal: they had incomplete, lacking intel and didn't want to throw military personnell into a meat grinder. Seriously, they weren't sure what was going on there. What if they had sent a squad of guys there, and it had turned out to be a small army with artillery support? Congratulations, you've just tripled your body count. Now, I'm not 100% sure on what intel they actually had as the event was unfolding. I'll have to look into that. But given what I've heard from the numerous reports (including the two reports by a hostile faction in congress), this makes a hell of a lot more sense than "they just sat on their asses and let them die (for no apparent reason)".

None of these questions lead down the path you want them to, I'm afraid.

It's perhaps worth noting that I really don't give a **** whether or not the Obama administration lied about the exact events or the cause of the events. It doesn't matter. It's totally meaningless. Oh wow, they lied in a campaign season about something which barely even matters (oh, a diplomacy got attacked? Yeah, that only happened 13 times under Bush, with at least 60 dead) - exactly how the attack happened. Your point was that they "left them for dead". This is simply not true.

Last edited:

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
This is like saying "there's still an ongoing investigation into 9/11" - technically, you're not wrong; realistically, it's a farce that we should have closed the book on years ago, and the fact that Richard Gage won't shut up about it says more about his bias than anything else. See, no matter how many investigations come up with nothing (and let's be clear now - there have been seven thus far, all coming back with pretty much the same "we can't find any dirt"), the Republicans won't drop this. Why should they? They can spend taxpayer money to continue to use this as a campaign attack dog, and the moment they give it up, they lose a powerful tool in their arsenal. The fact that they've commissioned an eighth investigation into this issue after the last seven found nothing is not evidence that there's dirt to be dug up, it's evidence that they have a vested interest in making us believe there's dirt to be dug up.

Or, to put it another way: there are still ongoing investigations into Obama's birth certificate.

See, speaking of things that simply aren't the case...

Again, every single one of the seven investigations into the subject (including at least two led by republicans) found that this simply is not true. To quote CBS News:

So if you want to claim that they were "left for dead", I'd like to see some actual evidence. The fact that they didn't send every available air support within 1000 kilometers (and keep in mind, Tripoli, the closest available military base, was, in fact, about a thousand kilometers away) is not evidence that they were left for dead. The people with the actual authority to investigate the chain of command and classified decisions made that day seem to be under the distinct impression that the response was timely and that no opportunity for a military rescue was missed.

And investigation after investigation has shown that Susan Rice was going off of what the CIA told her, which was (again, information was sparse on the ground) what they knew at the time.

Except that as numerous investigations have discovered, this is what the CIA believed at the time. The information was faulty, but the information-gathering process was not. It just needed more time. Oh, and as previously stated: he was not jailed for making the movie. He was jailed for violating his parole. You realize "that guy" was a career criminal and fraudster with a record heading out the door, right? In fact, in his actual trial, he struck a plea bargain that completely dropped every charge related to the film, which most people would not have had but he had on account of, again, his parole conditions. Turns out lying to your parole officer is kind of a no-no (read: felony).

Politifact rates this "half true". I find that incredibly charitable to Romney. And also, keep in mind that the actual intel on the ground was still sparse. Did Obama know at that point whether or not it was a terrorist attack? I have no idea.

Yes, we should have immediately declared war on the responsible parties and sent out troops to capture them. Because, you know, the last time this happened (oddly enough on the exact same date), it ended so well for America. And of course, there's a pretty clear and obvious difference between an attack on mainland America and an attack on an embassy. Sure, it's technically American soil, but if you can't see any substantial differences, then maybe you should look harder.

You're right, I agree. The government is corrupt in a lot of ways. But when we're talking about corruption, it's important to consider the bigger picture. What possible motive could the Republicans have to cover the Democrats' *****? It makes no sense. If there was anything to find, the House Intelligence Commission would have touted it to the world. They would have shouted from the rooftops, "LOOK! HILLARY CLINTON ****ED UP!" You know, because that would really hurt her in the 2016 election, and at this point it's something the Republicans desperately need. But they didn't. They quietly released a report which said the same thing as all the other investigations: "nothing to see here, move along". The only way that even begins to make sense is if, well, they couldn't find anything.

No. If you assume that the whole goal is to manipulate, then look at Benghazi, you start seeing all kinds of neat little threads. But if you don't assume that, and look at the available evidence, what comes out is an extremely typical story of a wartime encounter with very limited information. You want me to ask all these questions, as if they're rhetorical bombshells; the problem is, we have answers to those questions already.

Bad intel. The CIA documents circulated around the time of Susan Rice's infamous press conference say pretty much the same things she said on TV. But even if this wasn't the case, I would still mirror Clinton's (eternally taken-out-of-context) response: "What difference does it make?"

They did. On september 12th, Obama got up in the Rose Garden and said:

"No acts of terror will ever shake the resolve of this great nation, alter that character, or eclipse the light of the values that we stand for. Today we mourn four more Americans who represent the very best of the United States of America. We will not waver in our commitment to see that justice is done for this terrible act. And make no mistake, justice will be done."​

After that, though, the intel became murky, and what exactly had happened was unclear. Is it any wonder that they held back on making public statements, lest they make an *** of themselves right before election day?

I'm not sure. Maybe it wasn't in the budget (it had recently been cut); maybe they didn't consider it a high-priority target; maybe Stevens had previously turned them down; maybe Stevens' letter was simply too late. I don't know why; there are numerous possible explanations. Maybe you can help me out there; why do you think they didn't buff up Libyan security?

Did you read the post you quoted? Or the news article you cited? Here, once more, with feeling:

Earlier, six Americans flew from Tripoli to Benghazi to attempt to aid the embattled personnel at the diplomatic mission.​

But even if they hadn't, here's a proposal: they had incomplete, lacking intel and didn't want to throw military personnell into a meat grinder. Seriously, they weren't sure what was going on there. What if they had sent a squad of guys there, and it had turned out to be a small army with artillery support? Congratulations, you've just tripled your body count. Now, I'm not 100% sure on what intel they actually had as the event was unfolding. I'll have to look into that. But given what I've heard from the numerous reports (including the two reports by a hostile faction in congress), this makes a hell of a lot more sense than "they just sat on their ***** and let them die (for no apparent reason)".

None of these questions lead down the path you want them to, I'm afraid.

It's perhaps worth noting that I really don't give a **** whether or not the Obama administration lied about the exact events or the cause of the events. It doesn't matter. It's totally meaningless. Oh wow, they lied in a campaign season about something which barely even matters (oh, a diplomacy got attacked? Yeah, that only happened 13 times under Bush, with at least 60 dead) - exactly how the attack happened. Your point was that they "left them for dead". This is simply not true.
*sigh* I'm not going to continue this man. The difference is how you respond to what happened. An organized planned terrorist attack is different than a spontaneous attack in response to a video. It would have shown just how poor the Obama/Clinton policy is. I don't really trust any of the investigations. That includes the current one being led bye Trey Gowdy. It's interesting there's been 7 investigations and we hust learned in December about Hilary's emails. Does that not strike you as odd?

They were left for dead. Explain the gag order? You can't. Explain why some demokkkrat said stevens died from smoke inhalation. But yeah I'm done manall my proof is in those links.

NNID
Budget_Player
*sigh* I'm not going to continue this man. The difference is how you respond to what happened. An organized planned terrorist attack is different than a spontaneous attack in response to a video. It would have shown just how poor the Obama/Clinton policy is.
Why? Why would it have done that? Because embassies never get attacked? Dude, it's not just that this isn't the first time a US embassy got attacked, this was neither the first nor the last attack on a US embassy in Obama's term. And that's the norm. Look through that list, and you'll see slightly better (Clinton, Reagan) and slightly worse (Bush Jr.), but nothing that indicates an abnormal spread. And the fact that they might have lied about it for a week or so after the fact, when intel was still scant on the ground... What does that even have to do with foreign policy?

I don't really trust any of the investigations. That includes the current one being led bye Trey Gowdy.
Of course you don't, "Free thinkers" have this way of not trusting reputable sources with the ability to find all the details. I have no idea why you consider the republican-led (and therefore hostile) investigations insufficient; my best guess is that it's because they don't agree with you.

It's interesting there's been 7 investigations and we hust learned in December about Hilary's emails. Does that not strike you as odd?
Not particularly. Then again, by the time that "bombshell" rolled around I was suffering from an extreme case of manufactroversy fatigue, so I wrote it off as yet another case of the right wing trying their best to smear the opposition with bull****. I haven't looked into it, just like I didn't look too hard into Obama's "islamic" ring.

They were left for dead. Explain the gag order?
I literally cannot find a source more reputable than Breitbart on this, so you'll have to excuse me if I just call "bull****" and call it a day. And even they are calling it an "alleged" (read: "we have no proof that this is the case") gag order. But if there actually was one, here's an idea: military secrets? Not wanting the whole ****ing world (including the terrorists) to know how the USA combats terrorism? Some basic veil of military secrecy? Take your ****ing pick! But don't tell me that I "can't", just because you immediately took that and jumped to the conclusion that there was some huge coverup.

Explain why some demokkkrat said stevens died from smoke inhalation.
Why some random-ass columnist said something stupid? Sure thing! She was an idiot!

But yeah I'm done manall my proof is in those links.
I strongly recommend you stop getting all of your news from Murdoch and Breitbart. They're completely full of ****.

NNID
Budget_Player
@ Sucumbio Sucumbio wanted me to make this thread so that it stops clogging up the Current Events thread, but to a certain degree, I'm not sure I want to. "Benghazigate", as it's so affectionately been come to be called, is a trumped-up witch hunt by the republican party fishing for something, anything, to use as a cudgel against Obama, Clinton, and the rest of the democrats.

We've had 7 investigations thus far
- several from the openly hostile House of Representatives. Not a single one has turned up or cited any damning evidence. In fact, the latest one, from the House Intelligence Commission, was perhaps the most damning, providing very strong evidence that every conspiracy claim touted by the right wing has been dead wrong.

Indeed, the real scandal here is not that anyone was left for dead (they weren't), not that Susan Rice lied about the talking points (she didn't; she was working from the information the CIA had given her; also, even if this were true it doesn't freakin' matter), not any alleged gag orders (evidence for which I could not find, and by the way, the investigations had access to these people's testimonies anyways and still came to the conclusion that nothing wrong had happened).

No, the scandal is that for the last three years, a major cable network has based a massive part of its coverage on an asinine conspiracy theory and witch hunt, that a terrorist attack that killed 4 US citizens has become politicized like this, and that we're spending even more taxpayer dollars investigating this further.

I strongly recommend everyone to spend a little time perusing the house intelligence report. It is phenomenally telling that they released this on a friday right before a major national holidy.

Last edited:
Top Bottom