• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Belgian Smash Tourney*Smash Dreamland*25/26/27 July (CHECK 1ST POST 4 IMPORTANT INFO)

Banana_Dragon

Smash Journeyman
IMPORTANT NOTICE:
The activation e-mail has a tendency to show up in your junk mail or unwanted mail folder.
Be sure that you do not forget to click the activation link or you will not count as registered!

A page where you can edit your submitted information, as well as a login page that gives you access to this feature will be up next week (along with normally online payment and the god#@!* time schedule that keeps getting delayed -_- (my bad, I know))

PHP hates programming-n00bs like me :p

Jeffz0r

Smash Champion
Lol, goed dat je et ff zegt. Bij mij is ie ook in m'n junkmail gekomen.
Sta ik nu wel op de lijst? Want ik kan geen deelnemerslijst vinden op de site...

Banana_Dragon

Smash Journeyman
Je staat er op hoor, maar idd de lijst staat nog niet online.
Ik zal'm zo meteen ff online plaatsen.

(en me volgende week ook eens bezig houden met iedereen die hier ge-preregistreerd staat een pm of mail te sturen dat ze via de site moeten registreren, want ik denk dat sommige deze thread al vergeten zijn :p)

EDIT: List online (but only 6 smashers! Come on guys, don't forget it! :p)

Banana_Dragon

Smash Journeyman
Working on the login and edit page right now but having some programming troubles, hope to finish it either this evening or tomorrow.

Looks like more people have used to the site to register now, good ^-^

Also, don't hesitate to tell/contact other people about this tournament!

Time schedule hopefully up this evening (way too busy days for me lately O.o)

Banana_Dragon

Smash Journeyman
Just keeping you all up to date, the time schedule isn't up yet (big surprise) but I've finished the log-in page (not online yet) and am currently working on an edit page where you can, well, edit your information (after logging in of course). Also fixed some typo's and did a few minor layout changes here and there.
A page listing the formed teams will also be added at a later time.

Also, for those who care, there will probably be a Nintendo 64 at the tournament with a copy of the original Super Smash Bros for your entertainment!

And, again, for those who can bring either a TV and/or a console with SSBM, please contact me!

That is all, for now.

EDIT: some more layout changes, there's a footer now to make clear when the pages end better, and switched around the route page so people actually see there's a route description instead of just a map :p

And yay! 14 official registrations already! Keep 'em coming!

Jarri

Smash Journeyman
Hehe, looks good. If you're interested you can link with my website - affiliates, that is - (http://excessiveforce.sytes.net) and I'll make an announcement about the tournament.

I'm not sure - yet - if I shall be there, but I'll let you know in time ^_^

Banana_Dragon

Smash Journeyman
There! I've put up a links page and linked to your site, Jarri :) (as well as to Smash World of course)

EDIT: there has a occured a bit of a layout-bug with the registration form (the form itself is still fully operational though) but I'll work that out tomorrow.
I apologize for any inconvenience

Banana_Dragon

Smash Journeyman
I don't have an affiliate button as of yet but I could make one sometime this week, no problem.
And thanks!

Also, the login and update page are coming along quite nicely, just having some small session-troubles here and there. The login and edit pages should be up before the weekend :)

The payment info probably this weekend (depending on how fast the bank decides to co-operate with me)

EDIT: fixed the aforementioned layout bug

Banana_Dragon

Smash Journeyman
You can now update your submitted information!
Granted, it's a bit primitive and your log-in info doesn't get saved yet but will fixed that. For now, the 'update your profile' page works. And only you should be able to access your own info (of course) thanks to the log-in page that goes before it.

By the way, where did bornfidelity.com go? :p

EDIT: Time schedule finally online (under the 'info' section), about time, I know :p

Banana_Dragon

Smash Journeyman
Hey people! long time no hear! I know, been awfully busy with a new job lately.
Anyway, come on! Keep registering! Keep telling friends!

Online payment should "f i n a l l y" be up this week. And the more who register/the more who pay beforehand the better!
Because else, if we don't have enoug money/players beforehand, it's just to risky to let the tournament happen and we might have to cancel it... and we wouldn't want that, would we? :p

Should not enough interest be the reason though, perhaps we can find a smaller and cheaper venue for a smaller size tournament later on.

Though, I still have hope for this, so come on! Keep those registrations on the site coming!

Jarri

Smash Journeyman
Neem me maar van de lijst, ik dacht dat het hier om Brawl ging. Sorry.

Banana_Dragon

Smash Journeyman
PEOPLE!!
Yes, I know, I seemed to have dissapeared of the face of the planet for a while.
Good news! You all probably won't need to pay online beforehand!

I finally found a financial supporter and a huge one at that!

So, this means = prize money will be bigger!

I had almost cancelled the tournament, but no, it will happen! Keep registering people!

I'll post more details and update the official website this weekend! don't hesitate to PM me with any questions!

$hYne

Smash Ace
Germany, but i dont use this account anymore, my n
Yeah sorry for that.
We tried to explain why in the Smash Royale thread.
But i dont think there should be a problem because the people in the north will go to your tournament and the ones from the south to our tournament, so we do not steel attendants from each other.

Yomi-no-Kuni

Smash Lord
lol Shyne you idiot, how about you let Madnexx come online and set things straight himselfO.o

well, i talked to madnexx yesterday (first time in a while) and he said his sponsor backed out and he is considering to cancel the event...

but dont trust me until madnexx says so himself :)

thorismud

Smash Rookie
canceled (for now)

yes this tournament is canceled

due the higt cost of our venue and the few registrations we had to cancel the whole thing
also we had brawl comming out this month and so there was not much interest in a melee tournament.

but
we ll try to set up a brawl tournament in a cheaper an probably smaller venue

if we have more information we ll keep you informed.

Banana_Dragon

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, loooooong time no hear, I know.

1) New job (but finally things are getting less busy
2) A few weeks ago an acquaintance/somewhat friend of mine commited suicide... we weren't too close anymore, but still, it sucked.
3) the main issue: our sponsor backed out, and the venue owners were being royal jerks towards us.

I'm really sorry for all the people we've let down and hoped on this to happen.
We are still planning on organizing a tournament, but it won't be until a few months.
The venue will be smaller, the entrance fee lower (the attendant number lower as well of course) and the venue owners probably not such jerks :p

Again, we're truly sorry, but, on the bright side:
I'm back! With Brawl out, expect to see me show up on tournaments again (dang, Epita seems so long ago >_<)

Top Bottom