• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

being a better kirby

ark-angel

Smash Cadet
hullo all kirby player i am a new kirby player and kind of know how to short hop,edge hog kirbycide and the throws and stuff also the b-moves and a-tilts and arials but i would realy like some help to up my game with kirby i heard about this jab block thing and othere good kirby moves. so umm please help me! thankyou in advance :)

SmileyStation

Smash Journeyman
do you play online? Cause i may help you a bit if you have any questions. My AIM is SmileyStation if youd like to try me out sometime. Other than that, just look at some recent kirby vids and read a few of the threads.

ark-angel

Smash Cadet
yes i do i said that lol well as long as u live in us so there not much lag lol but i mean i read all the guides and stuff but mabye you couyld help me learn or sumthin?

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
Spacing is really important. Against chars with longer range, you have to lure them into a situation where you can punish them, such as after using a laggy attack. Never leave yourself in a situation where the enemy can hit you and you can't hit them.

ark-angel

Smash Cadet
well this wasent that helpful can you like give me the moves i need to do and when to do and some stratigies?

Pink murder

Smash Ace
Yea. And some mindgames work really well fight-application wise. Like, if you get pink, yellow and blue kirby's to all hi! at the same time, the fourth player automatically gets camera KO'd. Unless they're also kirby (red).
lmao, i actually believed you till about half way :p

well this wasent that helpful can you like give me the moves i need to do and when to do and some stratigies?
Moves for mindgames you mean? Well there are a TON of mindgames you can play with your opponent.. But here a few that i like to use.

(I like to use this one at high %'s, because it works great as a killing move.)
Grab, Dthrow, then dash into a reverse hammer. Your opponent will most likely try to hit you from below, but since you dashed out of their way, you can use those landing frames to K.O them with hammer. Its not 100% of course, because some people simply like to jump out of it, so your reverse hammer wont hit them. You can also use this as a finish for a combo. IF i do feel like using it at the beginning of one of thier stocks, i usually grab, jab, jab, Fthrow, Utilt, grab, jab, jab, Dthrow, Utilt, then dash into the reverse hammer. You feel really neat if you pull it off ^^.

Stone is another move for great mindgames. I like to use it when they're trying to recover. As they're floating back, jump a little outside the edge and transform. If your timing and jump distance is right, you'll most likely hit and kill them. If not they will try to air dodge out of it, but it often leads into a SD because the lagg that the air dodge produces would have taken them to far under to recover. This is of course at high percentages, to ensure a K.O. Otherwise it would be pretty useless considering that now your below your opponent, and that isnt very good >.>. (Especially if your opponent can spike) I wouldnt use it too often though, because it is pretty easy to predict, and doesnt always work.

The mindgame stated above also works if they're higher than you. Most people will try to reach the stage in a diagonal path. Predict where they will land, and jump vertically, (Again the timing and jump distance needs to be just [.b] right.) and transform. If you did time it right, you would have met their diagonal path with your vertical one. Some people try to airdodge, which is useless because it cancels out as soon as they hit the ground. Again its pretty easilly predicted, and it doesnt always work, so use it cautiously and dont spam it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qf8X238i-gc
This video shows some of my mindgames, the ones stated above, and others that i cant explain well >.>

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Learn to utilize Kirby's lolgrabs, like that weird Pink murder person.
You'll win every time.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Excuse me, Pinky, but do I know you?
Fft, right. :3 Skill.

DFat2

Smash Journeyman
Dont forget about mindgames ^^
Mindgames are essential.. well at least in my moveset :p

Yea. And some mindgames work really well fight-application wise. Like, if you get pink, yellow and blue kirby's to all hi! at the same time, the fourth player automatically gets camera KO'd. Unless they're also kirby (red).
These are very good pieces of advice, but I'm sure that if you explain to him what are mind games, he will understand much better.

ark-angel

Smash Cadet
well if olny my friend was not marth lol when i try to play the mind games and fake roll and he down

smash it go boltht ways lol so when he turn around and i getting side-b lol it comes back and hit me lol

wel that startigie works on alto of other ppl thanks for the help!

Top Bottom