• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Before Wario entered the Arena?

Ace55

Smash Lord
Seeing that Wario had to wait so long for his well deserved place in smasbros, those who main Wario now will have had a different main in Melee (or the original SSB). So who would that be?
My main used to be Ganondorf which doesn't really explain why I'm drawn to Wario's playstyle (ranged, slow). But my favorite secondary was Jigglypuff and seeing that she's Wario's closest relative (gameplaywise) it makes sense that Wario felt comfortable from the start.
So I'm wondering where the other Wario mains roots lie? Did we all have a secret love for Jigglypuff or did you have to start with Wario from scratch?

P.S. I never played enough SSB to get good at it (didn't own it). As far as I can remember I used to use Link the most, which proves my first point (I wasn't very good at it).

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
In the Original I played Kirby, in the next one I played Falco the most (though I really used to use everyone) from the start (but wasn't good at all... too lazy to learn wavedashing), in this game I play about 6 characters really well, many fairly average, and maybe 4 or 5 abysmally. I use Wario cuz I've always loved him and chosen him in almost every game, lol.

Doctor Destructo

Smash Journeyman
I used to main Captain Falcon and, ironically enough, Doctor Mario, with the occasional Pikachu. I dunno why Wario felt so right when I first picked him up (I knew he was going to be my main since he was confirmed for Brawl), but I'm certainly glad things worked out for me and the big guy.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
I mained Mario in SSB64 and I main Fox in Melee. I loved the idea of Wario being in Brawl when it came out because I always pick Wario in all the Mario Party games, Mario Kart games, Mario Tennis, Mario Strikers etc. that he's in. Nothing like beating people with the most annoying character (although Waluigi is kind of taking that spot in some games.)

To be honest I'm using Wario as a secondary because he's doing well in the rankings and is generally a good character all around. I main Lucas and needed a character to counter some of his tougher matchups. It's all about the win.

Stalfoe

Smash Apprentice
Link in SSB, Ganondorf in Melee. I don't main Wario now but I use him a lot.

~The Koopa King~

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3169-5182-0524
Link In Melee(Used Bowser And Young Link A Bit Too)

i just find wario to be a fun and out of control character
currently he's sort of my secondary so not really my main but that could change over time
i like to use wario in the kart games(except MKWii where i use waluigi...but wario is seen a lot less)mario party and mario strikers charged

Reckon

Smash Apprentice
My main melee monstrosity was the maniacal dark mage, Ganondorf!
Kirby was my killer of choice in 64, then again I rarely did much outside of his rock. (lol@the skills of an 11 year old)
Wario has been my favorite SMB character since his introduction in Super Mario Land 2, his greed stole my heart, since then, Ive made it a point to play him whenever possible in any game this rotund rascal appears.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I played as G&W, Falco, and Dr. Mario (just a lil bit for the doctor.) I think it's weird how a lot of people that main Wario played as Dr. Mario in Melee. Destructo and I both just wanna be doctors, is that too much to ask for? :p

coolbananas

Smash Cadet
Teh Valley of Justified Bemusement, Norway
I main hopped a lot in melee. Started out Zelda/shiek, then hit up Marth after watching some sick Ken vids. Stayed like that for maybe 3 years, then i rapidly went thru captain falcon, G and W, Mario, Ganondorf, Jigglypuff, falco, yoshi and finally fell on Luigi, whom is my secondary in Brawl. So not really any paterns of who plays wario. Just the people that love quirks and the ability to KO by farting.

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
Back in the first Smash Bros, I mained Captain Falcon. Then in Melee I mained Ganondorf (that's where the name Warlock*G comes from), with Falcon as my 2nd, and Marth as a third guy/gal.

Now in Brawl I main Wario. His playstyle's totally different from those three's, but he's my fav Nintendo character... and I must admit playing him in Brawl is a blast.

My 2nd man/girl is now Marth, since they ruined both G-Dorf and Falcon. :(

Bjay

Smash Lord
Used Peach/Dr. Mario in Melee.

Ironically, I choose white Peach, white Dr. Mario, and white Wario xD

Ace55

Smash Lord
So it seems that I'm on of the only Wario's that had an extensive flirt with Jigglypuff. I would have expected half the Wario mains to come straight from the Jiggly board:laugh:. But Dr. Mario & Ganondorf seem logical too. Seeing that the first has disapeared and the second has been nerfed.

Neo M.J

Smash Apprentice
In th first Kirby, melee Luigi, Ganon, and sometimes Jigs, Kirby, and Bowser.

Ace55

Smash Lord
i like Wario because of every thing he stands for... greed,farting,throwing bombs etc..and plus he hates mario
Indeed, but that was the "Properly kissing Wario's ***" thread. This is the "Before Wario entered the Arena" thread where you are asked what your previous mains were.

Agent 1337

Smash Apprentice
I "mained" DK in Melee, but then again I wasn't really good at all with the game until the very end of Melee's life cycle. Before that I main hopped a lot, so I guess I practically have no main at Melee.

Top Bottom