• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Been on The Ness boards for 3 years. Now im posting Videos!

The_NZA

Smash Lord
Hey guys! I used to play ness in melee and I got really good, and after experimenting with characters in Brawl, I finally ended up back at my roots with Ness. I went to my second brawl tourney last weekend and I got some replays. I ended up placing 5th/21 there and there were some good people there. Here are some of my videos. You guys can look at them, comment, criticize, etc.
p.s. You might notice I play a defensive ness. I'm deathly scared of the MK and Marth range.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kXjFCE6AtU&feature=channel_page
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5bd0bMxLyM&feature=channel_page

These are the only two that have been uploaded so far. Enjoy.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
1:31 of MK vid:

OMG H4X

Needs more taunt. :p
Thanks for the vids. Videos are always a plus.

I like how you're ballsy against the MK. I didn't like your naive aerial chases, though. Against Marth, you want to wait until he commits before doing something in the air - he's supposed to be weak in that position, but if he knows you come after him, he gains dair, fair, and of course fastfall air dodge.

Against MK, I just thought there were a couple fairs that could have been uairs. I think as a collective we should try to find when something else can stand in for fair, because we want that power and knockback to be full for its most important jobs, like recovery and ledge wake up.

*thumbsup*

Uffe

Smash Hero
Nice kills on the first match. Looks like Marth didn't bother using his Pedo Grip on you. Also, Regarding to what PK-ow! mentioned about MK not getting knocked back when you baired him, I hate phantom hits. Good matches anyway.

The_NZA

Smash Lord
Thanks guys! I definately agree about subbing in uair instead of fair sometimes. I think there was a time when I could have killed marth when I faired instead. Also...wierd how Marth scraped his up b and had to do it again.

FireKirby7

Smash Lord
Are you trying to momentum cancel with uair? Dont do that, IIRC, it's worse than airdodging. You would've survived at 1:34.
Use nair. A lot.

I dair against dsmash happy MKs.

The_NZA

Smash Lord
Yeah that was an accident. I haven't quite gotten used to hitting nair but im getting there. I sometimes do fair to momentum cancel but nair is definitely the best.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Ness vs Marth match was excellently played. Well done.
Eh, all I can say is less PKF, especially against Marth. It's note safe.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Tell banks that he's not playing melee Marth lol.

Pkt juggle more. D-throw is bad against smart people. F-throw and u-throw are better (they also set up for pkt juggle).

Try out the up-smash.

The_NZA

Smash Lord
I find against marth I get punished for usmash. Also, lol, he does play melee marth. He mk'd me for the next 2 rounds, and I won the last one by a small amount.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
I know banks plays melee, he was a pretty well known player lol.

You always get punished for u-smash if you don't hit with hit.

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
That wasn't a phantom hit at 1:31 of the second video, MK was just still invincible :/
Use PKT more when he's above you. Also listen to thesage.

Banks

Smash Hero
how does i barlw? =(

edit - btw that metaknight is me, not boxman he labelled it wrong. I'm not good at this game yet *argh*

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Barlwing is easy with mk. Hit them with a move once with MK and then jump away for the rest of the match. It works, but everybody will HATE you and force you to pick up Ness.

Dekar173

Justice Man
Alright Banks since that MK was you, all I can say is play more aggressively against Ness. You can really pressure the crap out of Ness. Also, floating above a Ness who's PKT1ing to recover, you can just float above him and dair and kill the thunder (or just hit Ness out of range of the edge =P)

Ness, more PK jump!!! :D

The_NZA

Smash Lord
pk jumping vs metaknight doesn't seem that good. He is so freakin evasive he'll just punish the ish out of you.

Banks

Smash Hero
hrmm well see that's my problem, I really hadn't played brawl much as I still play melee competitively, and I was actually told to stop playing so aggressively and meleeish by people because I kept getting punished seeing as brawl is a bit more defensive. But actually that advice probably doesn't apply completely to metaknight so I see what you mean LOL...

anyhow, I'm going to massachusetts to play with a bunch of people in melee and brawl at the end of this month, and I'll probly be a lot better afterwards. I just need some practice at it, i was stubborn and didn't play it for a long time =p

PMKNG

Smash Ace
NNID
GalickGon
Yea there isnt that much you can do except just get used to brawl after playing melee, and the same goes for when reverting back. It's two different play styles to get used to so just give it time.

_clinton

Smash Master
The fun thing about PK Thunder is the simple fact that the move is a god sent in this game when people are playing way too defensive vs. you...you know...staying just out of reach of your other attacks so that they can punish you like *****es

The move screws with the mind set of Brawl is what I'm saying...

Top Bottom