• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Because Kazushige Nojima is working on brawl do you think......

del-boy

Smash Journeyman
Because Kazushige Nojima is working on brawl do you think there will be lots of bosses like there are in the FF games and if so how many do you think there will be and who.

I think there will be about 44 bosses(from Nintendo games not new bosses) in the SE.

Subspace Emissary bosses
Mario series:

1. Petey Piranha
2. King Calamari
3. King boo
4. Giant Wiggler
5. Dimentio
6. Koopalings

The Legend of Zelda series:
7. Bellum
8. Zant
9. Agahnim
10. DethI(the Wind Fish's Nightmares, changes forms to playable characters but they are stronger and faster)
11. Twinrova

Donkey Kong series:
12. KAOS
13. Ghastly King
14. Sumo Kong

Kirby series:
15. Dark Matter
16. Nightmare
17. Dyna Blade

Metroid series:
18. Mother Brain
19. Kraid
20. Metroid Prime

Star Fox series:
21. Andrew Oikonny
22. General Scales(finally we get to fight him)
23. Star Wolf(Wolf O'Donnell, Leon Powalski and Panther Caruso)

Fire Emblem series:
24. Ashnard
25. Garnef
26. Ashera

Kid Icarus series:
27. Medusa

EarthBound/Mother series:
28. The Pig King (Pokey Minch)
29. Masked Man

Sonic series:
30. Dr. Robotnik
31. Eggman Nega

Metal Gear series:
32. Liquid Snake and Metal Gear REX
33. Psycho Mantis

Pokemon series:
34. Dialga
35. Rayquaza
36. Palkia
37. Giovanni
38. Miror B.

Pikmin series:
39. Emperor Bulblax

Golden Sun series:
40. Saturos and Menardi

Final Fantasy Franchise:
41. Garland
42. Chaos

F-Zero Franchise:
43. Deathborn

Custom Robo Franchise:
44. Evil

TheDuplexDuo

Smash Journeyman
44 bosses the force tell you hmmmm? Seems a little high for my likings...

I expect around 8/9 in total. One per francise. Plus a bonus random beast or robotput in there somewhere.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
What makes you think Final Fantasy is getting bosses? Let alone even getting a rep?

Eggman Nega, Sumo Kong, Ghastly King? WTF?

Pandanda

Smash Cadet
There'll probably be more than one boss for each series but...

That list is overkill. I seriously doubt there'll be that many bosses in the game, regardless Nojima's influence over the design.

del-boy

Smash Journeyman
What makes you think Final Fantasy is getting bosses? Let alone even getting a rep?

Eggman Nega, Sumo Kong, Ghastly King? WTF?
because alot of people that have work on FF games are working on brawl and Nintendo and SE have agood friendship.

Also I could not find any better donkey kong bosses for brawl them and Eggman Nega, has had a big part in the last two sonic ds games.

Mess

Smash Cadet
Some of the bosses will probably be playable characters, but in a "boss battle" setting. Also, I honestly doubt Giovanni and Miror B will be bosses.

blayde_axel

Smash Master
because alot of people that have work on FF games are working on brawl and Nintendo and SE have agood friendship.
Still, what makes you think they have the rights to the characters? lol.

I seriously doubt we're getting a Final Fantasy character, dude. First off, it'll be kind of hard to find a character that will fully rep the series. No, Cloud doesn't count. Being a summon on a GBA game doesn't make him valid.

ANYWAY, that list is beastly. Maybe... a little too beastly.

del-boy

Smash Journeyman
Still, what makes you think they have the rights to the characters? lol.

I seriously doubt we're getting a Final Fantasy character, dude. First off, it'll be kind of hard to find a character that will fully rep the series. No, Cloud doesn't count. Being a summon on a GBA game doesn't make him valid.

ANYWAY, that list is beastly. Maybe... a little too beastly.
I was not think of Cloud, I was think of Black Mage who would rep most of the series(apart from FF7, FF8 and FF12).

EatChildren

Smash Cadet
You mention Metroid, yet not Ridley, and Donkey Kong, but not King K Rool?

Each of those is far more memorable and classic than every other listen character from those seires.

Pandanda

Smash Cadet

Each of those is far more memorable and classic than every other listen character from those seires.
I think it's based on a hopefull assumption that those characters would be playable.

Ares And Enyo

Smash Apprentice
just because they are a boss doesn't mean they aren't playable ... who was the boss of melee's adventure mode? Bowser? You could still play him...

EatChildren

Smash Cadet
I think it's based on a hopefull assumption that those characters would be playable.
Even so, they would be perfect as playable bosses unlocked by defeating them.

I'd be very angry if DK had a bunch of bosses, yet they excluded King K Rool. Same for Ridley.

Might as well take out Bowser while you're at it.

Pandanda

Smash Cadet
Even so, they would be perfect as playable bosses unlocked by defeating them.

I'd be very angry if DK had a bunch of bosses, yet they excluded King K Rool. Same for Ridley.

Might as well take out Bowser while you're at it.
Depends on whether or not there'll be playable characters in boss form. I always imagined that if that were the case, said characters would be "sub-bosses" that act as important battles, but still play like a regular match.

Regardless, characters like Ridley and K.Rool would be musts if they plan on representing the series' in some way.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493

Er... were talking bosses here... those two have much higher chances, at least K. Rool does, of being a playable character.

All of the DK bosses he mentioned sound good to me. But I think Karate Kong would be better than Sumo Kong.

@ Ares & Enyo - Melee's Adventure mode wasnt truly an Adventure mode, unlike this. Bowser was able to fulfill the role of final boss in that game well, but this one, no.

Bosses will be very different and are very different from characters in Brawl.

i.e. Petey Phirana and Rayquaza.

EatChildren

Smash Cadet
Er... were talking bosses here... those two have much higher chances, at least K. Rool does, of being a playable character.
.Aaand why cant they be bosses which, once defeated, become unlocked as playable characters?

Playable or not, those two characters should be fightable bosses in the SSE.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999

Also I could not find any better donkey kong bosses for brawl them and Eggman Nega, has had a big part in the last two sonic ds games.
Square is still Sony's ***** and gives Nintendo their less than stellar titles

And most of people who worked on FF are freelancers now.

Top Bottom