• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Beating donkey kong?

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
Yeah knee of justice. He's a huge target and it's fun to knee him around. Or use lots of Nairs. That works well then follow up to gimping (or attempting to) with you Uair. Actually scratch that, that wouldn't work. Just knee him.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
What is your problem anyway? It helps to know what your experiences are.

But anyway I can tell you at least DK is one of those really huge characters you can N-air consistently...

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
I don't think people realize how good DK is now, he is definitely a big threat, he can basically spike you at any angle, hard to kill has ridiculously fast attacks (Bair anyone?)

making him approach you is your best option from there spot dodge and counter with Nair, you should be able to SFFL it a bit into a knee, and Spikes are super effective against his recovery

Iwan

Smash Ace
Spike his recovery, for sure....just make sure you go in above him or his recovery will hit you instead of you spiking him.

And also, like A2ZOMG said, you can nair the hell out of DK.

DK is a tough matchup (one of the many) for falcon, especially if the DK camps (which if they're a DK main...they will). Watch out for his stupid, ridiculous grabs, his reach (his tilts have such ridiculous reach), his oversmash...which'll kill you really really early...and watch out for his spikes during your recovery (falcon dive).

Basically i hate DK, because i play a good one all the time. Frustrating. But use the same strategy you would use for most other characters, but keep in mind that DK can be Naired to death...which is useful.

Top Bottom