• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Beating a good shiek

PDOT

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4871-5506-0357
i'm havin trouble beating a friend. he plays with shiek and is pretty good with her.

troubles im having:
i cant cape her slap or air dodge it becaus im still stunned from her previous attack. she moves too fast
I cant fair her, she is way too fast and easily dodges them and punishes me
I don’t know how to edge guard her, her recovery game is too good.

i jus want tips on how to beat her in general.

peace

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
i've been updating my doc guide, and its almost complete. I recently redid my fox, falco, sheik, marth, and peach Vs. matchup strategies (going to continue working of the rest of them soon, too)
so if you want..go check out what i have to say about Doc Vs. Sheik. Hope its useful to you. peace.

FOB

Smash Ace
ok I'm going to copy what I wrote in the other Doc VS. Sheik thread. A lot of the things I said were specifiacally for the guy so it might not make sense to you. You should really search these up..

Does he grab a lot? The main problem about most sheiks is their hellish grab that acts as a backbone for combos and racking up damage.

Either way, when he dashs in for the dash attack you should try and sheild grab or WD backwards into fsmash.

If you get hit by his dash attack you have two choices.
1.) If you are at a high percent you can probably get away by spamming nair immediatly after you get hit. If it helps you can move the control stick left-right-left right over and over again to reduce tumbling.

2.) You can DI behind him. This avoids gettting slapped, but still leaves you with a bair.

The second one is a lot easier. The only real difference is who gets around 10%.

For the rolling and occasional spot dodges it depends on where you are.

If you are close up you can either try to predict when he is going to roll and pull off a smash during his roll lag.
Or you can just down smash which should hit him when he rolls around you.

You should try to get a distance away from him just because you have better choices.

When he is spaced from you however you can either try poping pills from a distance and then following them depending on where he goes:

1.) If he gets hit, you hit him with a SHFFLD fair.(Or whatever you feel like using)
2.)If he jumps you meet him in the air with a nair.
3.) If he sheilds it, then run in for a JC grab.

OR

You can do a WD (Dash works descent) to build up momentum then do a SHLD nair to cover the area where he can roll and where he stands. (Doesn't work as well, but does lead to good combo opportunities.

Sheik is one of my favriote matches because my friend plays him.

Bleh... I don't like posting long posts..... Hope this helps!

PERSONAL PROBLEMS!!

Fair only in combos or follow up with a jab (use dsmash or a WD fsmash)

nair the slap or dI behind her

Recovery.. THIS IS VERY EASY IF YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO!!
If sheik lands on a platform with her up+B then she has a large amount of lag. (fsmash)
If she goes for the ledge (will usually happen) then there is like a split second where she finishes her up+b before she grabs on to the ledge. CAPE IT!!!

Duckles

Smash Cadet
This may be DI'able, i'm not sure, but I saw it in eighteenspikes'(i think?) video and I can pull usually pull it off at around 60-80%. Try up throwing, following their DI and forward airing(assuming they don't land on a platform or something). Can someone verify if that works all the time or will it only work against sloppy sheiks?

Other than that, do what these other guys say :p

ashestoashes500

Smash Cadet
In the long run everyone has there disadvantages and advantages. In one way or the other, it depends on how well u handle the person you use. Try timing and attacks over and over & you see the difference in speed and strengh

PDOT

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4871-5506-0357
i've been updating my doc guide, and its almost complete. I recently redid my fox, falco, sheik, marth, and peach Vs. matchup strategies (going to continue working of the rest of them soon, too)
so if you want..go check out what i have to say about Doc Vs. Sheik. Hope its useful to you. peace.
Alright, where could I find this guide?

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
It's worth noting that Doc's sex kick is heftily useful fighting Shieks.

CraZy

Smash Rookie
ok, i can try to help out but when im playing vs shiek my friends use this character and they are not all very good... im using back kick and its doin a nice job...

Dice

Smash Lord
Downthrow chaingrabbing and either finish it with a forward smash (if they don't DI) or fair if they do DI.

FOB

Smash Ace
It's worth noting that Doc's sex kick is heftily useful fighting Shieks.
Gotta note that its extremely dangerous; too easily sheild grabed unless you land behind their sheild or you don't use it without an opening

EDIT:
silly fools, YOU CANT BEAT A GOOD SHIEK MUWHAHAHAHAHAH YOU MUST ONLY WAIT FOR THEM TO SCREW UP TERRIBLY.
I'd like to disagree to that. Doc doesn't do horribly against sheik if you play cautiously and get good combos. Note:playing cautiously to CAUSE screw ups

Edit again: lol : and p makes :p

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
if you man'd up then you would no how to beat the sheik i know im sick and you can't beat me but did u need to make a thread about me lol. kinda gay

P.S MAN UP MAN UP MAN UP

PDOT

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4871-5506-0357
if you man'd up then you would no how to beat the sheik i know im sick and you can't beat me but did u need to make a thread about me lol. kinda gay

P.S MAN UP MAN UP MAN UP
Lol, look at the date I made this thread. You hardly use shiek anymore and when you do...my doc usually wins.

how about you man up and get a better shiek.

and stop bringin back old topics, sheesh..i see you done it in the ylink forums aswell. :newbie:

ye25

Smash Journeyman
Just a quick fact question, is shiek a guy or a girl? couldnt help noticing you calling him/her a girl

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
sheik is actually an asexual cephalapod-like alien with hermaphrodite-like features. duh.

$ick

Smash Lord
I didn't read those big ol' guides (even though I should) but to answer your question about how to stop Sheiks recovery; go onto the ledge, wait for her to have to land on the stage, fair/grab/whatever you want. D throw to Fsmash is your friend too. :)

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
Someone said you can cape sheik's upB. I know you can do this normally but I thought you couldn't do it to the upB if it's properly sweetspotted to the ledge.

Top Bottom