• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Beastly Laguz for Brawl(lots of pics)!

PhantomEdge

Smash Journeyman

Dragon Laguz

Hawk Laguz

King of the Hawk Laguz

Cat Laguz

The King of the Raven laguz

Hey guys wouldn't laguz from fire emblem be great. they would make a an awesome moveset and be totally fun to use. all of those characters pictured above are in their human bi-pedal form except for the blue tiger and the orange cat, who are the beast forms of Mordecai and Lethe. They could maybe transform as they do in the game, and could use hand-to-hand techniques in their human forms. So what do you say? Agree or Disagree?

Mordecai

Lethe

PhantomEdge

Smash Journeyman
yeah it would be great but if any of them could get in and it had to be one , which one would it be? id have to say Naesala The raven simply because hes is godlike fast and is simply awesome.

darkwolfx24678

Smash Rookie
I agree! The hawk dude would be awesome to play with, but for the moveset you can't let them transform. It'll be like the sheik and zelda issue

PhantomEdge

Smash Journeyman
I agree! The hawk dude would be awesome to play with, but for the moveset you can't let them transform. It'll be like the sheik and zelda issue
in the fire emblem game in which they are featured( the gamecube one) all of these characters are unable too fight in their "human" form, but can still dodge and stuff. so probably for all of the specials would be in their animal form and a lot of the moves for lets say Ulki( the first pictured hawk) would be in his hawk form. but he could have a few human movesa like with kicks and stuff like that. Laguz also swore not to use manmade weapons either so it would have to be hand-to-hand combat.

FireBomb

Smash Lord
Path of Radience said that "Laguz refuse to fight in their human form". Even if you can transform during battle, their human forms would be useless, forcing you to fight as a laguz animal the whole time. During conversations, they're shown in their human form, their most recognizable state. Forcing yourself to fight as a laguz the whole time wouldn't feel the same. Plus, it goes against the story and would make either Brawl or PoR look like they lied about them.

There are other characters from Fire Emblem that should be put in first.

PhantomEdge

Smash Journeyman
Path of Radience said that "Laguz refuse to fight in their human form". Even if you can transform during battle, their human forms would be useless, forcing you to fight as a laguz animal the whole time. During conversations, they're shown in their human form, their most recognizable state. Forcing yourself to fight as a laguz the whole time wouldn't feel the same. Plus, it goes against the story and would make either Brawl or PoR look like they lied about them.

i dont know but i think they could figure something out. They would still be awesome to fight as though.

Cos.

Smash Journeyman
I feel like stirring up the topic here.
I've found a little something that might prove interesting for this thread:

http://gonintendo.com/wp-content/photos/fire3.jpg

It's quite an interesting picture, which shows that things on Tellius might have changed the past three years since PoR (that sure does like Muarim, doesn't it?)
So Laguz might have chances after all. Though those remain small, since Laguz aren't that important in FE as a whole series (but there would be a lot of cool choices :) )

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Hey, something diferent from fire emblem than "Guy who has an axe/spear/lance/javlin"

I'd play em.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Yay! Ranulf FTW!

Reyson - the guy in the middle - can't fight though; his ability is to give the other units a second turn and to heal them if they're standing next to him at the beginning of the player's turn.

PhantomEdge

Smash Journeyman
i just though of a great way for laguz to fight in brawl without alienating their human form. While running (or hovering in the winged laguz case) they are in their human like form, but as soon you press an attack button, they transform very quickly and performing the scripted atack, then extremely quickly transforming back.

FireBomb

Smash Lord
That idea wouldn't work as well...if they transform every 2 seconds I'd get too distracted. Plus, it seems like something that would end up lagging the game.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Did you ask every DK and DKC fan their opinion to get your sig?
DKC fans are pretty much only found at the DKU and they all hate Jungle Beat, DK fans at gamefaqs seem to hate DKC and call it Linear and a Mario rip off so I feel it's pretty accurate although I should ask a few more DK fans.

On Topic: Having not played Fire Emblem PoR I don't know much about the Laguz but they look awsome and would be a better villain than Black Knight IMO.

PhantomEdge

Smash Journeyman
DKC fans are pretty much only found at the DKU and they all hate Jungle Beat, DK fans at gamefaqs seem to hate DKC and call it Linear and a Mario rip off so I feel it's pretty accurate although I should ask a few more DK fans.

On Topic: Having not played Fire Emblem PoR I don't know much about the Laguz but they look awsome and would be a better villain than Black Knight IMO.
I agree with you on everly level, but its important to know that none of the main laguz are evil. all the evil ones are grunts and enemy bosses. (although Naesala is borderline evil lol.)

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Bump for the new Laguz race the Wolf Laguz and their manish Queen Nike.

Also for Caineghis' nephew Schriml.
-looking for picture-

Also the other Heron Laguz royalty!
-also looking for picture

Aesir

Smash Master
Ya know, I've been playing this game recently and thought never dawned on me, it would be a really good idea imo. Though how to make it work is the hard part. Remember in their respected games when they're in their human forms they're really just shields >_>

xianfeng

Smash Hero
The first thing I saw were her marks all over her, like tatoos and only stupid men and ugly and stupid women get tatoos. Plus her feet are huge.

I've played FE9 now, Lethe FTW!

Majora Vaati

Smash Rookie
This is just my opinion but yea...

people who say they cant fight in their human forms because PoR said so need to think for a minute...

when did Adult Link in OoT EVER use a boomerang?

when did Young Link in OoT EVER use a bow? with flaming arrows while we're at it...and that Kokiri Sword he had...is longer in SSBM...in OoT it was a frikin dagger...yet they called it a sword...w/e

when did Captain Falcon EVER use any of his attacks BEFORE the anime(since the anime came after SSB)

when did Fox/Falco EVER use an of his attacks

when did Ganondorf use any of his attacks in OoT

when did Zelda/Sheik use their attacks in OoT

when did Yoshi use the Egg Roll attack?

how come regular Mario can shoot Fireballs when only Fire Mario can do that?

in Earthbound...we only saw Ness and his friends on the overworld...you never saw him during fights you only saw your enemies and your health box thingy...along with the battle options...but in Smash you see his attacks...ALSO...he never used PK Thunder and PK Fire...so yea(I think he didnt use those...I still havent beaten the police officers yet...so Im not very far in EarthBound...)

....I think you get what I'm saying

just because their respective games allow them to do one thing doesnt mean they cant do it in Smash...I personally support a Laguz from either 3-D Fire Emblems...but they should turn into their animal form when they use their specials...

again this is all my opinion...

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca

and the other fire emblem games must lie too then implying that marth is kind, whereas in melee he's trying to kill heroes that save the world. and pokemon must be lying too cause they say a rest attack makes you recover health, where in melee it causes death. and dont forget the mario games, that all have mario trying to save peach, but omg in melee he wants nothing more than to toss her off a cliff to die!

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
what about the lion king and giffca? D:

Giffca was the coolest unit EVER...
anyway... laguz would be cool... but i think lords would have a better chance of making it in...

PhantomEdge

Smash Journeyman
what about the lion king and giffca? D:

Giffca was the coolest unit EVER...
anyway... laguz would be cool... but i think lords would have a better chance of making it in...
naesala was way cooler than giffca in my opinion.. but i guess ur right they dont have a huge chance but mn it would be frickin awesome to play!

ssbmaster2007

Smash Journeyman
I agree. I've played through all of Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance, enjoyed it very much.

I think it'd be cool for there to be one of the Laguz from it in SSBB. Mordecai is my favourite of them.

jb254

Smash Apprentice
Assist Trophies solve the Laguz problem nicely! A character like Lethe would appear in human form, transform, and then attack. They're perfect for those items!

Jopaan

Smash Journeyman
Why is this page giving me a message that says "enter username and password for o_0 at feplanet.net"? Is anybody else getting that?

jb254

Smash Apprentice
Why is this page giving me a message that says "enter username and password for o_0 at feplanet.net"? Is anybody else getting that?
I got it once before.... it seems to have stopped afterwards.

skullkidd

Smash Ace
these characters are really cool, but I don't think they stand a chance to be in brawl, along with the other 52345789 Fire Emblem characters..
my favorite is the raven one, Naesala.

Fire Emblem is the trickiest franchise to predict at this point, there are so many characters to choose from. Ike is an exception, who will probably become a playable character, imo.

Top Bottom