• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Beastly Laguz for Brawl(lots of pics)!

RBinator

Smash Journeyman
I was gonna get into the argument about "lying to the games", but others basically took care of that nicely for me.

As for a playable Laguz, first off, it couldn't just be any random character. Sure I know at least a couple of them are popular, but not to the same extent as the lords. Either way, simply being popular and well known doesn't seem to be the only way to get in Brawl, but rather how unique and fresh the character is. A Laguz seems like a fresh concept to me, with the transformation and having an actual beast character on all fours to play. The difference between the Zelda-Sheik transformation from Melee and the known Samus-Zamus transformation is that the former two still remain human through both forms.

I was thinking about as I read this topic how the transformations of a Laguz could work. One idea is simply remaining in beast form the whole battle and only transforming to taunt and pose on the victory screen, kinda like how we only see Ganondorf holding a sword at that point. Another idea is transformation based on how it is in the games, a meter building up over time and from taking hits. In the case of Smash however, they could still [somewhat] fight in human form, despite having not done it in the games. This could however lead to a problem of running away if transformation was time based.

And as a final comment...

Bump for the new Laguz race the Wolf Laguz and their manish Queen Nike.
If only her face was shown instead of the rest of her body, I would have honestly thought she was a man.

Enlong

Smash Journeyman
Actually, in Goddess of Dawn, the Laguz can fight in Beorcish mode, but transforming doubles their stats. So perhaps the Laguz could fight normally, perhaps with a cool feral fighting style, and can momentarially transform for certain attacks (the purple smoke thing doesn't take too long)

Gokuballz

Smash Cadet
Sorry, but well they already announced Ike as a brawl character, so I don't think they will have any other Fire Emblem characters.

PhantomEdge

Smash Journeyman
Assist Trophies solve the Laguz problem nicely! A character like Lethe would appear in human form, transform, and then attack. They're perfect for those items!
yeah ur right! if they don't make it in(which is probable), they could still be included as assist trophies

PhantomEdge

Smash Journeyman
Sorry, but well they already announced Ike as a brawl character, so I don't think they will have any other Fire Emblem characters.
a series with countless main characters who are very interesting and diverse like fire emblem is probably not going to just have only 1 character in smash, just look at melee!

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
:: casts raise on Laguz topic ::

:x ok so anyway. Now that we know that there will be Fire Emblem AT's I think adding a few Laguz AT's would spice up alot of things. They're my favorite overall unit with:

http://eaichu250.superbusnet.com/feartwork/FE9-9/lay.png

being my absolute favorite.

I'd rather not see anymore lord hopefuls get turned into AT's it almost seems disrespectful.

Oh and side topic, who's your favorite Laguz unit?

-Knight

smashbot226

Smash Master
My fanboyism and part of my sensibility is screaming at me for thinking no.

It is a very interesting concpet, the Laguz... But i think only the Beast Trib would work for this kind of gameplay.

I have a feeling we'll be seeing Ena on the buisness end of the fist/blade/etc.

By which I mean as a boss.

Mr. Who

Smash Cadet
I have not played a single Fire Emblem game, but I am no stranger to this, or any other series in Smash Bros. The one thing I can tell you is........... THEY ROCK!!!!!!!

But in humanoid form they would probably be a very bad character, thay have only one move in FE, Strike. And that's in Radiant Dawn, which I don't think has been released here.

So due to lack of moves, they have about a 65% chance I'd say. But I'm not good with character suggestion percents, so I'll leave it to the wonderful people on this forum, for now.

You haveth been warned. I will be back.

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
I have not played a single Fire Emblem game, but I am no stranger to this, or any other series in Smash Bros. The one thing I can tell you is........... THEY ROCK!!!!!!!

But in humanoid form they would probably be a very bad character, thay have only one move in FE, Strike. And that's in Radiant Dawn, which I don't think has been released here.

So due to lack of moves, they have about a 65% chance I'd say. But I'm not good with character suggestion percents, so I'll leave it to the wonderful people on this forum, for now.

You haveth been warned. I will be back.
Well most likely if they did show up they would appear in their humanoid form than transform and attack. I don't see having one attack command holding them back from lack of moveset since Sakurai could base them off of real life animals so I don't think that's a problem.

At the very least it would be entirely unique with the many Laguz classes to choose from.

-Knight

Top Bottom