• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bear with me, I need to rage a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

revengeska

Smash Apprentice
So I just got finished with this tournament. A decent number of entrants, a lot of newbies. I got up to winner's semis and lost to Triple R, no shame in that. The first game was extremely close but with some practice I can manage. But then I go to loser's semis, and I face none other than a Rosalina & Luma main.

This particular Rosalina main just got done beating Minnesota's #10 ranked player 2-0 his previous match, including a 3 stock on the last game. I proceeded to get 3 stocked twice in a row, both using Ness and then Fox. I'm at a complete loss right now, when Rosa mains play other characters I can remain competitive or even beat them. But then they play Rosa and I have trouble even making it competitive. I have decent tournament caliber mains with Pac-Man, Ness, and Fox, but none of them are good matchups. If the Rosa player sucks I can win, but against a player that knows what they're doing I can't find any weaknesses whatsoever.

I've looked all over trying to find a counter to Rosa, but I can't find any. I'm pretty much at a loss on how to approach this character, and it's ruining the game for me. I feel like I'm going to have to learn how to play Rosa just to play dittos so I have a chance against a competent player. Is anyone else finding success against high level Rosa players? I would ask for advice and strategies on how to beat her, but unless I can play against a good Rosa to practice, it doesn't seem like it's going to help much.

Demon-oni

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Thanatos-Demon
3DS FC
0147-1152-7184
I'd say Meta Knight has some decent success against Rosa. If she doesn't like to seperate, up throw can usually insta kill Luma pretty easy, and if she throws her star everywhere, dash attack is safe to throw out, clashes with most Luma moves, and works pretty well getting him off stage. Half of the Rosa match up is dealing with Luma. Once you kill that, That's your 13 second cue to go ham. Rosa without Luma is pretty terrible, and is only good against characters that can't keep up with her movement wise and a vertical approach. Don't have any high level Rosa play to go off of in my area, but I usually 2 stock any I find with MK with relative ease.

AvengerV

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AvengerV
Rosalina and Luma is a great Pac Man counter. If I were you I would just watch some of Abadango's gameplay against Rosalina and see what he did. Good Luck!

clydeaker

Smash Journeyman
I usually main Peach and surprisingly Peach is a fair match up against Rosalina and Luma IMO. It seems a lot of people agree with me after I checked Event Hub on the subject. Keep in mind I do not think event hubs tier list is the most accurate, but being able to see what people vote on specific match ups I find it to be one of the better tools for Smash 4 players behind Smash Boards. Here's a link to Rosalina's page on event hub: http://www.eventhubs.com/tiers/ssb4/character/rosalina/.
Notice that Rosalina and luma's least favorable and most even match ups (at the moment) are:
1. Yoshi 4.8
2. Peach 4.9
3. Jigglypuff 5.0
4. Pikachu 5.0
5. Sonic 5.1
6. Shiek 5.1
7. Zero Suit Samus 5.1
What do all of these characters have in common? I'm no Smash expert but I would answer by saying: They are all somewhat fast paced and floaty/ air combat oriented. Rosalina relies on Luma to be a top tier. Luma can only be cast out horizontally. If you can easily get around Luma by quickly floating or jumping over her and going strait for Rosalina you may have a slight advantage.

Another thing to note is that Horizontal and ground combat oriented characters like Little Mac, Pac-Man, Charizard, Olimar, and Samus are not the best match ups against Rosalina. although if you are good enough with a character like Abadango is with Pac-Man than you could beat Rosalina if you practice hard enough. I won't be be easy though.

Last edited by a moderator:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'd actually pick a power character.

:4charizard::4bowser::4dk::4dedede::4ganondorf::4charizard:

They tear through Luma. They outrange Luma and they can survive quite a bit of abuse.

Zionaze

Smash Ace
I agree with the Meta knight counter pick.
He's fast enough to chase down Rosy and Up-throw is a Luma killer. Rosy is weak against juggles and Meta is a juggle overlord.
Try picking up a pocket metaknight if it clicks with you.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
So I just got finished with this tournament. A decent number of entrants, a lot of newbies. I got up to winner's semis and lost to Triple R, no shame in that. The first game was extremely close but with some practice I can manage. But then I go to loser's semis, and I face none other than a Rosalina & Luma main.

This particular Rosalina main just got done beating Minnesota's #10 ranked player 2-0 his previous match, including a 3 stock on the last game. I proceeded to get 3 stocked twice in a row, both using Ness and then Fox. I'm at a complete loss right now, when Rosa mains play other characters I can remain competitive or even beat them. But then they play Rosa and I have trouble even making it competitive. I have decent tournament caliber mains with Pac-Man, Ness, and Fox, but none of them are good matchups. If the Rosa player sucks I can win, but against a player that knows what they're doing I can't find any weaknesses whatsoever.

I've looked all over trying to find a counter to Rosa, but I can't find any. I'm pretty much at a loss on how to approach this character, and it's ruining the game for me. I feel like I'm going to have to learn how to play Rosa just to play dittos so I have a chance against a competent player. Is anyone else finding success against high level Rosa players? I would ask for advice and strategies on how to beat her, but unless I can play against a good Rosa to practice, it doesn't seem like it's going to help much.
Its mainly imo because she has the most bull* hitboxes on her moves out of every on the cast and probly the most priority too...

She is my #1 most hated char to face too.

PS: i think the guy above me is right pick a heavy character.
I main Ganondorf but i suggest you learn bowser.
Use Bowser against rosa.
Show her who the daddy is my son.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

They tear through Luma. They outrange Luma and they can survive quite a bit of abuse.
Rosalina can easily KO Bowser as low as 60%, without Luma, with a simple U-air juggle. She has many other similarly early KO options in general.

That's the heaviest character in the game.

I absolutely advise STRONGLY against using any large character against her (even Mewtwo). They are Rosalina's absolute favourite opponents. Getting them caught in a simple jab combo between Rosalina and Luma easily does over 40%. And it's not like it's hard at all for Rosalina to get in. Not only that, but this even works on big heavy guys when they are at high percent, and Rosalina AND Luma's Jab Finishers are both reliable KO moves.

I also have a lot of experience fighting a Bowser player who competes in and wins tournaments and practices pretty much every day, and I still have way more wins on him in Smash 4 online, despite the fact I don't play nearly as much. As he puts it, Rosalina is Bowser's "Final Boss", and that pretty much applies to the rest of the heavy/large characters.

---------------

As far as counters go, she really doesn't have any per se, it really just depends on whether or not the Rosalina player uses a very specific playstyle (such as a defense oriented one - the fact that Dabuz plays her like this has created the misconception that she is a defensive character). Overly defensive Rosalinas have trouble against speedy characters like Sheik and Sonic, I've noticed, for example.

If you're fighting a Rosalina who plays as a "paradigm shifter" (this is how I play), then there is no definite counter for her, she will have the advantage at all times if she can switch her paradigms up efficiently. At that point, it comes down to the player using her. Either you outplay her or lose.

That being said, Shulk, Sheik, and Pac-Man are the best characters to use against her in general, IMO. They're pretty close to even match ups at least.

Also I strongly advise against learning to play Rosalina "just to counter Rosalina mains". Most competitive Rosalina players haven't even tapped into her full potential yet because of the "I have to play her defensively" misconception as it is. And in general, a Rosalina ditto comes down to "who's better at protecting Luma?". Using her just to beat other Rosalinas is more work than it's worth, and it probably won't help you unless you really commit to the character. She doesn't have a very low skill floor.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Am i the only one who thinks pac man gets slaughtered by rosalina?
He really doesn't. He's at a disadvantage, but much less than most other characters in the game.

Rosalina's a master of stage control, and Pac-Man is literally the only character who rivals her in that aspect.

Purin a.k.a. José

Smash Lord
NNID
purinsmash
3DS FC
1418-7121-0144
When killing Luma, you tone down 50% of Rosalina's advantage. However, this does not mean she is less poweful: She just has less stage control. So, I would recomend to get Luma as early as possible when it's open so that you beat Rosalina harder. And, enjoy the maximum amount of time Rosalina has no Luma, since it's quite quick.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
When killing Luma, you tone down 50% of Rosalina's advantage. However, this does not mean she is less poweful: She just has less stage control. So, I would recomend to get Luma as early as possible when it's open so that you beat Rosalina harder. And, enjoy the maximum amount of time Rosalina has no Luma, since it's quite quick.
I think 50% is a bit of an exaggeration there.

Also going straight for Luma isn't always the best option. Damage dealt to Luma is not damage dealt to Rosalina, and focusing on Luma makes it possible for her to punish you for it, if not Luma himself (if the Rosalina understands how to move Luma as fluidly as a normal character - there are surprisingly few people who can do this).

I've had plenty of matches where I notice people just going for Luma, so I use him as bait and just keep punishing everything. Even if Luma get KO'd, I've taken no damage, I've piled tons on my opponent, and I can still hold my own with just Rosalina and Luma only takes a few seconds to come back. Meaning my opponent is royally screwed at that point.

Fathom778

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PEPSICANEX2
Take out Luma first. Get rid of the sidekick, and Rosa isn't TOO hard to deal with. Just space and punish. When the Luma respawns, stop, and I can not stress this enough, EVERYTHING and kill Luma again.

UNLESS it is a Rosa that doesn't use Luma too much. Make Luma a side project with them.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Again, as I already said, focusing squarely on Luma isn't always the best idea. Especially since it's a predictable pattern, meaning you're essentially playing into Rosalina's hands if she is perceptive to what you are doing. Not to mention it's possible to outright protect Luma.

revengeska

Smash Apprentice
I had a really difficult time killing Luma. I know that's the general idea, but I'd end up taking a lot of damage for my efforts since Luma has some good range with starbits, etc. I normally play Pac-man, but Rosa is easily his worst matchup, probably 65-35. One of the main problems is in addition to the range that Rosa has with Luma, she has this insane move called Gravity Pull that instantly renders any projectiles useless. She has answers to anything and everything that Pac-man has, Pac-man is forced to approach, but doesn't have the range to fight Rosa close up. So I counted out that possibility.

Metaknight is an interesting idea, but I don't see any stats or indication other than player theory that this is decent for MK. If I had that, I'd be more inclined to try it out. I've heard Yoshi, got conflicting opinions about it but it might be worth trying out. Otherwise, I'm going to have no choice but to adopt Rosalina. If I end up having to learn Rosalina, it's quite possible that I will use her in other matchups as well. I don't really want to, but when her matchups in this metagame are as strong as Metaknight's in Brawl, I'm not really sure what choice I have.

Purin a.k.a. José

Smash Lord
NNID
purinsmash
3DS FC
1418-7121-0144
I think 50% is a bit of an exaggeration there.

Also going straight for Luma isn't always the best option. Damage dealt to Luma is not damage dealt to Rosalina, and focusing on Luma makes it possible for her to punish you for it, if not Luma himself (if the Rosalina understands how to move Luma as fluidly as a normal character - there are surprisingly few people who can do this).

I've had plenty of matches where I notice people just going for Luma, so I use him as bait and just keep punishing everything. Even if Luma get KO'd, I've taken no damage, I've piled tons on my opponent, and I can still hold my own with just Rosalina and Luma only takes a few seconds to come back. Meaning my opponent is royally screwed at that point.
Sorry, I'm a little hyperbolic. I also said going for Luma when its guard is "open", but going straightly for Luma might really be a problem as you said. Since it takes little time to come back, the Rosalina's opponent must try to be the most effective possible and go for the best option. What I meant by "advantage", I actually meant Rosalina's Stage Control with Luma as some kind of "alive puppet".
I hope this does not sound like I am understimating Rosalina's strength, because I had hard times with her.

Zionaze

Smash Ace
@ ChikoLad ChikoLad I feel like your overestimating her capabilities without Luma. And the objective isn't really to kill Luma but to separate them, hence the Meta knight Up-throw.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I had a really difficult time killing Luma. I know that's the general idea, but I'd end up taking a lot of damage for my efforts since Luma has some good range with starbits, etc. I normally play Pac-man, but Rosa is easily his worst matchup, probably 65-35. One of the main problems is in addition to the range that Rosa has with Luma, she has this insane move called Gravity Pull that instantly renders any projectiles useless. She has answers to anything and everything that Pac-man has, Pac-man is forced to approach, but doesn't have the range to fight Rosa close up. So I counted out that possibility.

Metaknight is an interesting idea, but I don't see any stats or indication other than player theory that this is decent for MK. If I had that, I'd be more inclined to try it out. I've heard Yoshi, got conflicting opinions about it but it might be worth trying out. Otherwise, I'm going to have no choice but to adopt Rosalina. If I end up having to learn Rosalina, it's quite possible that I will use her in other matchups as well. I don't really want to, but when her matchups in this metagame are as strong as Metaknight's in Brawl, I'm not really sure what choice I have.
Pac-Man is not 65-35, he's no higher than 60-40. And I fight a Pac-Man main all of the time (he's one of my best friends, actually has an account here).

Gravitational Pull is intimidating (and certainly shuts down some characters - Villager is screwed if a Rosalina is on point with it, literally half of his attacks can be GP'd, even his dash attack). But it's not impenetrable. With Pac-Man, the key is to always have something on stage to obstruct her play with Luma. Luma actually cannot pass through the hydrant, so sometimes he can get caught behind it while being called back, for example.

@ ChikoLad ChikoLad I feel like your overestimating her capabilities without Luma. And the objective isn't really to kill Luma but to separate them, hence the Meta knight Up-throw.
How am I overestimating it when I've had experience with the character since day one?

A lot of Rosalina mains neglect SoRo because they are afraid of fighting without Luma since they have defensive playstyles, but Rosalina still outranges a lot of the cast without Luma, still has some combo potential (mainly from grabs and SHFF F-airs), still has some amazing KO potential and a U-Smash with partial invincibility, still has one of the best N-airs in the game that doubles as a dodge maneuver, still has a U-air that KO's Bowser as early as 60%, still has powerful throws that all do above or around 10%, still dominates in the air and can still edgeguard personally, and also, her D-air spike is actually EASIER to use without Luma. That's just a few things off the top of my head.

Heck, one tactic I often pull is shooting Luma off stage to hang around there for a while, as I take people on as SoRo. Nobody expects Rosalina mains to do this, and it's effective, as it diverts attention away from Luma and makes him last longer, plus you can potentially knock them into Luma for a finisher. And he's ready to go if you really need him for something. Everything in moderation, as they say.

Also why would merely separating them be your objective? I intentionally spend a lot of time in my matches separated from Luma. When you know Luma's movement controls and master them, there is a LOT of reasons for me to separate myself from him, as I can set up finishers, use "tag team" tactics, etc.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
Being a main of Kirby and Ness, these two have a hard time against Rosa. So, I use Palutena (primary main for Smash 4) and do well against Rosa. But like someone said above, go with power characters.

Blade Knight

Smash Ace
Wait...

You can grab Luma?
No, but Meta Knight has a pretty strong hitbox when he's diving back down to the ground after an up throw, unlike Kirby and Charizard's upthrows. If he lands on Luma it'll launch it a very long distance.

Last edited:

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
Ness is actually not as bad as people claim that he is against Rosalina, but it requires a lot of knowledge on how to abuse his PKT.

Ness can get rid of Luma pretty easily with his PSI spells, and leave Rosalina in a solitary state for a good portion of the match. The issue of course is if she manages to get you off the stage, you more or less only have your DJ to get back, because any half decent Rosalina is going to make sure PKT2 never happens. Your best bet if you get stuck in this situation is to try to ensure that PKT still hits you because she will be close to you when you use PKT BEFORE Rosalina pulls out GP, as the hit-box for PKT will still be active in this scenario because of the tail. What this means is that you can be flinch-hit with the tail (because Rosalina will now claim ownership of PKT, making it her attack) and get a 2nd chance to use PKT and hopefully graduate it into PKT2. In this scenario, Rosalina is in danger as well if she gets hit.

F-Air is still decent, but don't expect to win against Rosalina with every trade, because a lot of Rosalina's aerials have some disjointed hit-boxes to them that may out-prioritise you.

If Rosalina uses Luma Shot on you, you can either try to Barry Bonds that ***** back, or let it pass by and burn it to death with PSI Fire spam while Rosalina is too far away, or use the time to go in on Rosalina directly before he gets back. Try to get a grab especially, since Luma often functions as an anti-pummel mechanic.

Don't underestimate N-Air. Ness' N-Air out-prioritises a lot of approaches and skills. The same applies to Rosalina, as she may try to dash attack.

Ness ideally doesn't want to be seen off-stage against Rosalina too often, but this is also true for Rosalina herself. She is susceptible to N-Air and F-Air if she tries to recover low, and she is susceptible to PKT if she comes from afar, because her Launch Star causes no damage and sends her into a very predictable arc.

It is by no means an easy match-up for Ness, but I don't feel it's as bad as it's panned out to be, either.

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Rosaluma isn't that much of an issue, no more than any other character in the hands of a capable player. She's just got a very tricky toolkit and forces you to think at multiple angles.

It sounds to me like you're a very accomplished and knowledgeable player, but you suffer from a nasty case of psyching yourself out. I know exactly how that feels: you get this sense into your head that you're outmatched by default and you can't beat your opponent, and it ultimately sabotages your whole game plan. I think you need to get over that mental block first before trying to grind out the matchup any further - if it's just one particular character that you have this much trouble with, then you ought to start by overcoming your Rosaphobia. I wouldn't worry too much about the hyperbole surrounded her. Just get over your nerves and remind yourself that you can definitely do it, and you'll have as good a starting step as any!

clydeaker

Smash Journeyman
He really doesn't. He's at a disadvantage, but much less than most other characters in the game.

Rosalina's a master of stage control, and Pac-Man is literally the only character who rivals her in that aspect.
I disagree Pac-Man dose not control the stage very well. Unless however your better than Abadango himself.
I feel like people assume that if they are Pac-Man against Rosalina the match will look just like the first game of this matchup:
When I watch this I see the worlds best Pac-Man player loose 2 out of 3 games against a fairly good Rosalina player.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I disagree Pac-Man dose not control the stage very well. Unless however your better than Abadango himself.
I feel like people assume that if they are Pac-Man against Rosalina the match will look just like the first game of this matchup:
I see the worlds best Pac-Man player loose 2 out of 3 games against a fairly good Rosalina player.
With the new tech that's recently been discovered for Pac-Man, I think he has a lot of potential for solid stage control and management. Maybe he won't do as well on Battlefield, but FD gives him more of a chance to lay his traps.

That being said Rosalina has a lot of tech that people aren't aware of, which I feel is part of why some people underrate her or think she isn't "all that". Even as we speak, new tech is being developed for her. Though I think it doesn't change much for Pac-Man.

clydeaker

Smash Journeyman

If I were you I wouldn't give up with Pac-Man as your main. Pac-Mas is viable against Rosalina but you have to work really hard at it. maybe have Peach, Yoshi, or Meta Knight as a secondary/ backup character if you loose your first match against a Rosalina in a tournament.

Last edited:

clydeaker

Smash Journeyman
With the new tech that's recently been discovered for Pac-Man, I think he has a lot of potential for solid stage control and management. Maybe he won't do as well on Battlefield, but FD gives him more of a chance to lay his traps.

That being said Rosalina has a lot of tech that people aren't aware of, which I feel is part of why some people underrate her or think she isn't "all that". Even as we speak, new tech is being developed for her. Though I think it doesn't change much for Pac-Man.
Good point. I still feel Pac-Man is a bad match-up against Rosalina, but if your know what your doing while playing as Pac-Man and work hard enough you can beat Rosalina.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Is it a negative match up for Pac-Man? Definitely.

Is he not viable? I'd say he is. More so than the majority of the cast at high level play (VS Rosalina).

Like I said, I think the three characters who have it the fairest are Pac-Man, Shulk, and Sheik. Maybe Toon Link too, though he doesn't get enough use right now.

Last edited:

revengeska

Smash Apprentice
I suppose I'll have to revisit the Pac-man/Rosalina matchup. In addition to this thread, there are people on the Pac-man boards saying that it's equal or even a plus matchup for Pac-man. There's a good chance they're just drinking the kool-aid again, but I'll have to at least take a look. As far as customs go, there probably isn't anything game-changing, but maybe a few that will help a bit.

Rosaluma isn't that much of an issue, no more than any other character in the hands of a capable player. She's just got a very tricky toolkit and forces you to think at multiple angles.

It sounds to me like you're a very accomplished and knowledgeable player, but you suffer from a nasty case of psyching yourself out. I know exactly how that feels: you get this sense into your head that you're outmatched by default and you can't beat your opponent, and it ultimately sabotages your whole game plan. I think you need to get over that mental block first before trying to grind out the matchup any further - if it's just one particular character that you have this much trouble with, then you ought to start by overcoming your Rosaphobia. I wouldn't worry too much about the hyperbole surrounded her. Just get over your nerves and remind yourself that you can definitely do it, and you'll have as good a starting step as any!
I may have become discouraged during the match, but I wasn't that way to begin with. I watched this dude 3 stock the Ness of the #10 player in MN and still immediately went right to Ness for game 1, because on the previous day I actually played his Rosa in a friendly once with Ness and beat him. So confidence wasn't the issue to start, but game 1 felt so incredibly different from the previous day, it felt as if I was trying to breach an impenetrable fortress. So much so that I managed to deal 39% on Rosa THE ENTIRE GAME. You bet I was rattled. It can't happen again, I can't take that.

StarshipGroove

Smash Journeyman
Warning Received
sonicbrawler182 is an obsessed Rosalina fanboy. He absolutely refused to believe that Rosalina was a lightweight on the basis that he felt Rosalina should be godly and fought people over it. Also he met Jesus yesterday. Don't listen to him

Godzillionaire

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Crit-Hit
3DS FC
3797-7329-5972

This so much. Whenever I fight Rosalina for the most part I knockout the Luma so quickly that I'm pretty much just fighting Rosalina and no Luma.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Rosie can be a massive pain - I usually play very methodic, and pretty defensive style against her as BJr & Koopalings. The Koopa Kids hit hard when I play well and can get Rosalina off to space nicely. But only when played really well.

Anyway, Luma is not who you have to concentrate on, really. Instead, you have to PRESSURE getting Luma hurt in times when you try to grab momentum from Rosie's grasp. Usually leave chip damage if the situation is opened, otherwise:

Just fight against both at the same time, not one of the other. At the end, it's Rosalina AND Luma.

While both are a powerhouse together, it's also twice as risky for both if you can avoid their attacks and land hits on both. So you'll be whittling off Luma gradually if you try to get used to fighting both at the same time. You'll also be able to deal with RoSolona better as she isn't a slouch with Luma (High priority aerials and dashes + defensive tactics are still there buddy)

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
sonicbrawler182 is an obsessed Rosalina fanboy. He absolutely refused to believe that Rosalina was a lightweight on the basis that he felt Rosalina should be godly and fought people over it. Also he met Jesus yesterday. Don't listen to him
Uuuuuh, what?

I thought Rosalina was an average weight character at first because most people who played the game whom I spoke to before it came out said as much. How is that "absolutely refusing she is lightweight?" I realised she was lightweight as soon as more videos came out.

I don't see that as "obsessed". Plus, if you actually read this thread, you'd see I'm trying to help people fight against her better.

Last edited:

Zionaze

Smash Ace
I believe many rosalina mains including sonic were convinced she was a heavy weight because of mario kart logic but this is smash :V

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I believe many rosalina mains including sonic were convinced she was a heavy weight because of mario kart logic but this is smash :V
I thought she was an average weight in Smash due to actual player claims from E3 to launch.

I knew she was lighter than in Mario Kart already due to a particular Miiverse post from Sakurai, I just didn't suspect outright lightweight.

Not that I mind though, she ends up not getting KO'd that early anyway due to her amazing defensive and evasive abilities. I often survive up to around 200% with her, so she may as well be a heavyweight, as I rarely see even Bowser surviving to that percent.

Roukiske

Smash Journeyman
I'm sure the Rosalina forums don't mind sharing their matchup knowledge with you. You'd probably find better answers there as well as it being the more appropriate place for this thread.

Edit: Eh, here's my 2 cents anyways. If I'm confident in my abilities against my opponent I will gladly trade to get rid of Luma. Some tactics I do with Falcon is to dash attack or jab combo. The hits are hard enough to knock Luma around. I can get punished for these, but depending on your situation it could still be advantageous to do so.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom