• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Beam sword with items off cheap?

DiasFlac

Smash Journeyman
I'm just wondering what you think on this. I don't think its cheap myself. Drawing a beam sword and using it even tho items are turned off.

I mean Peach has been nerfed pretty badly. x.x

What are your thoughts on the matter?

Lag

Smash Journeyman
This is also true with Game and Watch's Judgement hammer with number 7. He gets food if you didn't know.

omega17

Smash Cadet
No, pulling the beam sword is part of the character. It is also pulled with a specific crappy moveset and you have to drop it and pick it back up to get the good moveset (which is dumb imo).

PeachFan

Smash Cadet
NNID
DelphinusV
3DS FC
2595-0710-4989
What about pulling a bob-omb? They are a heck of a lot more deadly than the sword, but no, I don't think it's cheap, it's one of the perks to playing Peach.

RickRIGHTEOUS

Smash Cadet
Well, Peach has to discard her beam sword and pick at up at least once, or else she'll end up with a crappy sword style - Peach has two movesets with the beam sword - and the crappy one is activated if she pulls it from the ground. So, in order to get the better style, you have to switch styles via drop/throw and pick up- and it is likely that a good opponenent can steal the beam sword at this time. Therefore, I believe getting the sword with items off is fair - there is some risk involved.

Looper

Smash Journeyman
Can anyone make a video with Peach's moveset with the "crappy" moveset and with her Melee moveset to compare?
when you first draw the beamsword, she holds it unusually. she attacks the same, but the sword seems to be pointing the wrong direction when attacking. it looks glitched, but it fixes itself if you drop it and pick it up again

AAP

Smash Journeyman
yea pulling a beam sword is far from cheap, its not like its something you can spam, just a bit of royal luck

thats cool about the dropping the sword thing i did not know that, could you throw it up jump and catch it instead of dropping and risking it being stolen or does it have to hit the ground??

Top Bottom