• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BBOY's Vids ~ Need Help ~ NEW VIDS UP! 8-29-09

Ballistaboy

Smash Journeyman

SYGUC August 29th

BBOY (Diddy) vs. King Yoshi ( Pika, MK) Rds. 1 & 2
BBOY (Diddy) vs. Jokey (R.O.B.) Rds 1 & 2 - He pissed me off b4 the match and it kinda showed... Rd. 2 I didnt play diddy..

I wish I got my matches vs. Blue Rogue (Wario) recorded because I played really well against him.

POOL POOLZ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3TzoSUVUkQ&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRppekdjUig&feature=related

I will be updating this thread with more videos when they come out.

I am most concerned about the matches that I lost 1st and 3rd... I think I just played lousy that day and made lots of mistakes critique and tips are extremely welcome

win_ftw

Smash Cadet
just watched part one.

you got into like a banana duel with him at the beginning, which i wouldnt want to do because sonics raw speed means one trip, punishment for you.

that stage spike with the spring was brutal. im sorry that happened to you.

spot dodging was nice, and you picked it up toward the end.

look out for spin dahses! :)

Ballistaboy

Smash Journeyman
I used to know the matchup really well but he changed up how he played a ton! and lots of sonics aerials have little lag...

Like I said I think I was just playing off that day and not reacting well.. ill take him "back to school" if we play at that tourney in august :p

Count

Smash Champion
I watched this set yesterday. When I get back to work I will rewatch it and give you some critique.

ITT has altered how he plays this matchup, now its time for you to alter how you play the matchup. You were way too aggressive though, a smart sonic against diddy can own us if we're too aggreessive.

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
omggggggggggg

stop making individual video threads, it's so **** annoying...I'm not even interested in watching these anymore...i probably will another time. xD

but seriously, getting ridiculous.

Dekar173

Justice Man
Ignore 4RCE he doesn't even give Kansas any Diddy match-up experience.

You should tech chase more after a failed banana throw (failed meaning they shield it)

if they spot dodge, run past and pivot grab, if they roll, find out where they're more likely to roll and capitalize!

Another thing you should work on is not using roll dodge as your main form of movement. Diddy's got quick ground speed, and awesome spacing techniques (dribbling, Diddy Hump, anyone?!) that would really up your game if you'd implement them a bit more when you're in close proximity to your opponent.

Otherwise, keep it up, you can only improve if you try!

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
Ignore 4RCE he doesn't even give Kansas any Diddy match-up experience.

Really? This is mature. Before you talk like you know what goes on get your information straight; out of the four people that went to Colorado I only play one of them on a weekly basis, that being Steeler. Fino lives three hours out and Domo and KY normally don't come to smashfests until they're out of work which is when I'm out of the smashfest. Don't go taking away from my credibility because of your misguided assumptions.

Bellioes

Smash Lord
I think you need to work on your recovery. Whenever he got you offstage, you lost a stock except for like one time if I remember correctly. You didnt even try to air dodge or Fair when he jumped out at you (ie. your 1st stock in the 3 game) You also got gimped by his spring a lot. Instead of trying to UpB from directly under the edge, do it from further out at an angle. He cant touch you with his spring making it a lot harder for you to get edgeguarded (only Sonics Bair can hit through your Barrels when your moving)

Also, you seemed to always follow up your banana trips with throws at higher percents. I think you could have gotten a lot of earlier kills if you smashed instead of throwing after a trip at high percents (especially when he kept rushing at you with his spin dash) I did like your AD to Dsmash on Luigis Mansion. That was a good mixup.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
bboy you need to be...faster.

Also dash attack out prioritizes spin dash, so throw out dash attacks anytime he starts spinning.
Usmash also beats his dair completely, so after you see him spring you can probably try to dash > usmash.

GooseMainsDiddy

Smash Ace
Lol Sonic is way to easy. Banana beats almost every approach. All you have to worry about would be creative use of his side special and his down special.

Ballistaboy

Smash Journeyman
bboy you need to be...faster.

Also dash attack out prioritizes spin dash, so throw out dash attacks anytime he starts spinning.
Usmash also beats his dair completely, so after you see him spring you can probably try to dash > usmash.
thanks to every1, i know what u mean... i just don't play a lot :S ive been working on ATs haha

are you going back to school?

ChocoNaner

Smash Journeyman
I don't know if I should comment on the first vids at all. The one vs. the Pika and the MK. The player either lacked a large amount of exp. on the MU(he/she did not know what to do with the naners) or was just bad... ._.

Though I could point out that you are overly aggressive. The whole gt a naner forward > gt the other naner forward strat is old, and it shouldn't work against MK that well, at all. No offense. And the most common habit of all, rolling. It's not the only thing, you also decay your smashes, also pointing out that your opponent had bad DI.

As for the second part, the match vs. the Rob I can again, point out that you were being aggressive, but so was the Rob. The problem here is that you should have switched to defensive, kept your distance and punished during openings. The other problem here is you seemed to be going for flashy-ness? Almost every time Rob was off-stage you went for the spike, the funny part here is that when you could have landed it, you didn't. Your opponent, again, didn't help. He/she made a lot of mistakes, instead of taking opportunities to punish/KO/stage spike you. And....again....you decayed smashes.

For your rolling habit, I advise you to dash and brake with your shield, so you don't risk being pivot grabbed or punished with a strong attack. For your aggressive habit, fight a defensive player, someone whose strat will make you learn to be more, patient(?). For your smash decaying habit, I would recommend to decay Fsmash, and KO with Dsmash, reason for this: Fsmash is DI'able, Dsmash isn't, you're going to suffer trying to kill with Fsmash if your opponent knows how to DI it, specifically the floaty characters

So yeah....scrubby advice but still advice right? :]

Top Bottom