• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bayonetta's Jab is very interesting....

_Ne0N_

Smash Cadet
So, my friend was playing Sm4sh the other day. He found this out that makes Bayonetta broken AF.

(Uploaded on his YouTube channel)

What do you guys think? Broken or nah?

D

Deleted member

:4lucario:'s Aura Sphere, and most rapid jabs can do this (:4diddy::4falcon::4fox:, etc.)

Due to the changes to shield, rapid jabs can break shields if you don't SDI the correct way.

_Ne0N_

Smash Cadet
:4lucario:'s Aura Sphere, and most rapid jabs can do this (:4diddy::4falcon::4fox:, etc.)

Due to the changes to shield, rapid jabs can break shields if you don't SDI the correct way.
Oh, ok, but I think that Diddy, Falcon, and Fox's jabs get canceled in the middle of the jab, allowing you to escape.

My bad if I'm wrong on the explanation, but this is just my experience.

D

Deleted member

Oh, ok, but I think that Diddy, Falcon, and Fox's jabs get canceled in the middle of the jab, allowing you to escape.

My bad if I'm wrong on the explanation, but this is just my experience.
When you are next to the ledge, and shield a multi jab/hitting move, you get locked (Shields can be dropped in Frame 3, but Frame 2 moves locks the shield for you to not drop it). Basically, any Frame 2-3 multi-jab can indeed lock a shield besides the ledge.

Last edited by a moderator:

_Ne0N_

Smash Cadet
When you are next to the ledge, and shield a multi jab/hitting move, you get locked (Shields can be dropped in Frame 3, but Frame 2 moves locks the shield for you to not drop it). Basically, any Frame 2-3 multi-jab can indeed lock a shield besides the ledge.
Oh, ok. I haven't had that experience because I was never shield pressured near the ledge. Thank you for explaining.

Sonicninja115

Experiment. Innovate. Improve.
Oh, ok. I haven't had that experience because I was never shield pressured near the ledge. Thank you for explaining.
Could you repost this in the Metagame thread? I would like to add this and look into it more.

DisidisiD

Smash Journeyman
Actually, I believe that this is escapable. At least bullets art part is. The shield stun on those bullets isn't long enough to keep the opponent in shield and unshielding only means they get hit by a few bullets. Nothing much.

_Ne0N_

Smash Cadet
Actually, I believe that this is escapable. At least bullets art part is. The shield stun on those bullets isn't long enough to keep the opponent in shield and unshielding only means they get hit by a few bullets. Nothing much.
Huh, I didn't think about that, I forgot the bullets don't do much hitstun.

D

Deleted member

Bullets do insane shield damage, I'm not sure if the Bullets lock the shield, but I'm definitely sure that her rapid jab does.

BlackCephie

Smash Journeyman
BA dont shield lock, but they do pretty significant shield damage for sure.

Pika!

Smash Rookie
NNID
ObviouslyKorean
Probably just felt really pressured and didn't really know what was going on lmaooo.

Either way once the BA's started he could've went on the offensive. Bayo's Jab is decent along with a slow startup.

many37

Smash Journeyman
NNID
many37
3DS FC
2423-4448-6030
Nah. The other person using Cloud in the video could have grabbed the Bayo user before his shield could have broken (specially since Bayo's pistols do not make the opponent flinch if used after a move; the Neutral B move is another story).

Regardless, imo i think even if Bayo's jab could break shields easily I wouldn't necessarily call her jab broken, since to break someone's shield is a very situational chain of events for the most part.

Top Bottom