• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Bayonetta Technique Compendium and Q&A

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Placeholder title and placeholder body.

I'll add links to relevant posts later.

Accepting suggestions ♥

:196:

Last edited:

Not_Indigo

Smash Rookie
NNID
Same as username
I was in training and noticed that if you double jump and immediately use up B, you can jump again for a total of 3 jumps and 2 up B's. Here are links to two gfycats comparing the height of double jump into up B and the regular up B, since I don't know how to get embedding to work:

https://gfycat.com/PlushTerrificEasternglasslizard
https://gfycat.com/BouncyMediumHanumanmonkey

The double jump rings under her feet in the first gfy give an idea of its timing. You can do this twice in one jump, which lets you double jump, up B, double jump, up B, double jump, then side B to recover.

Last edited:

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
This is actually amazing.
A reminder that chances are that this is not the last patch.

link-a-link

Smash Cadet
NNID
Linkaden
wow that actually works! how to apply it mid-battle optimally remains to be seen. Cool find non the less.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If you do F-Air 1-2, wait a bit,F-Air 1-2...until you get to the blast zone then F-Air 1-2-3 you will most likely kill them.

Tried on FD,vs. Sheik at 85% near the edge [Training Mode]

Shin Kaizoku

Smash Journeyman
Very cool find. Bit of practice is needed for the timing, at least for me. But this should come in handy for sure. Enjoy it now in case it gets patched boys.

Frido19

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4914-4153-7940
Switch FC
SW-4000-0450-7654
In order for Bayonetta to use a second Up-B in the air she must first double jump, but you can cancel the double jump right before it makes any nosie while still retaining your double jump.

So you can pull things off like Up-B, Side-B, DJC Up-B, double jump U-Air. Thats just me theory crafting. I'm not too sure if that'll combo, but it seems like a good recovery option.

Side note: Fast Fall F-Air is a good poke because it auto cancels, and can be a good zoning option if you hold it to get one bullet out. Although it does 1% it can still auto cancel.

Frido19

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4914-4153-7940
Switch FC
SW-4000-0450-7654
Sounds a bit reminiscent of RosaLuma's old Jab infinite

SameOldG

Smash Rookie
Been testing it out and getting it consistently with an input similar to Ryu's Hadoken (with b of course)! EDIT: and you can do another one right after it hits (up or down) + up special for example

Last edited:

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Just tested her out and had lots of trouble using it, but I'll lab it tonight. Thanks!

Got4n

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dalil50
Any tips? My friend plays Ness for example, I can't manage to approach small characters without getting punished as hell :p

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
I've had success using bullet arts and bullet climax to force an approach from the enemy

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Placeholder title with placeholder text, I just want to get rid of so many individual threads by having the whole info in the same place.

Accepting suggestions.

Last edited:

SameOldG

Smash Rookie
Crazy offstage potential being able to up special twice! So its possible to for example short hop dair off stage to up special to jump to side special/up special. Is it possible to b reverse the downward afterburner kick? Been trying but can't get it. EDIT: got it, its b reversible

Last edited:

A Lucky Person

Smash Journeyman
NNID
aLuckyPerson
3DS FC
4914-3160-6884
To add to her insane jumping, if you do a wall-stall (dunno what it's called, but Diddy and Sheik do it too) you're able to do a jump out of it that doesn't take your double jump. It's not the same as a wall jump, and the jump you get out of the wall-stall is just as big as her double jump.

So you could go off-stage without having used your second jump, up-b, wall-stall jump, second jump, wall-stall jump, up-b, wall-stall jump, side-b. Or almost any other combination of these moves. This works best on omega stages that half completely vertical, infinite walls (like Onett) as well as Duck Hunt.

This woman is a terror off-stage.

Last edited:

Got4n

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dalil50
To add to her insane jumping, if you do a wall-stall (dunno what it's called, but Diddy and Sheik do it too) you're able to do a jump out of it that doesn't take your double jump. It's not the same as a wall jump, and the jump you get out of the wall-stall is just as big as her double jump.

So you could go off-stage, up-b, wall-stall jump, double jump, wall-stall jump, up-b, wall-stall jump, side-b. Or almost any other combination of these moves. This works best on omega stages that half completely vertical, infinite walls (like Onett) as well as Duck Hunt.

This woman is a terror off-stage.
wait, double jumping offstage?

XFaZeLiNkX

Smash Rookie
How the hell do you do the downward dive kick in the air? I've tried a bunch of times but it keeps coming out inconsistently...

A Lucky Person

Smash Journeyman
NNID
aLuckyPerson
3DS FC
4914-3160-6884
How the hell do you do the downward dive kick in the air? I've tried a bunch of times but it keeps coming out inconsistently...
I'm not sure how you're supposed to do it, but I give it the Street Fighter and quarter-circle from down to either left or right (depending on where you want to go) and then press B. Can confirm that it works every time this way.

Last edited:

naimbot

Smash Rookie
You need to be fastfalling when you input the kick. If Witch Time comes out instead, you're pressing the B button too early, when the analog stick is still directed down to input the fastfall.

JosePollo

Smash Journeyman
Question.

Since fair 1 and bair auto-cancel from a short hop, is it possible to short hop, shoot a bullet or two, then land for the auto-cancel? Does that mean she can short-hop laser?

Killager

Smash Rookie
I'm not sure how you're supposed to do it, but I give it the Street Fighter and quarter-circle from down to either left or right (depending on where you want to go) and then press B. Can confirm that it works every time this way.
THANK YOU. I've been trying to figure out how to do it for the past hour since I kept randomly throwing it out.

The move always sends them on an upward angle, would be amazing if it could spike.

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
Question.

Since fair 1 and bair auto-cancel from a short hop, is it possible to short hop, shoot a bullet or two, then land for the auto-cancel? Does that mean she can short-hop laser?
Yes she can, but do it with nAir. You can jump all over the place and get 1-2 bullets in on every SH.

zblaqk

Smash Apprentice
Her forward air is excellent to gimp people with lesser recoveries lol

Ghidorah14

Smash Ace
Upair kills off the top
Bair kills near the ledge
Dair can spike/kill near the ledge
Fthrow kills near the ledge

And of course, smash attacks and witch time. Percentage varies from character to character, but usually 120-140% is where you want them to be.

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
We seem to have kill combos up to high percent, but at very high percent most combos don't work anymore.
Our bAir is a solid kill option at ~130%, as is our dAir.
Our fThrow can kill too. Also landing uAir > uAir combos even very late and can easily kill on a platform.
Also WITCHU TAIMU
TAUNT
FSMASH
TAUNT
SPIN ON VICTORY SCREEN
which easily kills below 100%

Last edited:

Theosmeo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LastOfTheM
3DS FC
0576-7286-5643
Bayo killing is cool, don't be too obvious tho or theyll know when u witch time

BlackCephie

Smash Journeyman
Yeah her smash attacks kill as low as like %80, possibly lower for some characters. You should focus on landing them outside of witchu taimu. Just rack up the damage. Bayonetta has a pretty easy time evading and building damage since she has so many ways to deal it from so many ranges.

Beetle Juice

Smash Journeyman
Other than witch time set up you can combo them to death. I've heard that she can zero to death but I haven't saw any video. However, I can confirm that you can start combo'ing to kill as all low as 30 percent on medium weight characters. Its a little difficult being a new character but once you get the hang of it will be second nature.

So far my kill combo is:

Grounded Side B (hold B)
Up B (jump first)
Side B (remember it is always towards the direction you're facing)
Second jump up B (they will be facing behind you so DI that way)
Up B
Side B ( time it to the IASA frames of Up B, before it ends)
Up Air

When done correctly, it is a 18 hit combo doing 46 percent damage.
You can also ignore the first Up B if your opponent is in the air and continue combo to kill (off the top of the map). This is much simpler if you are baiting the air dodge and can punish accordingly since Up B is a multi hit and lingers.

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
her OoS DAir (the Landing DAir to be precise) is an excellent killmove at ledge. it kills king dedede at ledge at 90% with no DI and dedede is heavy as ****.

Her DAir also spike as you drag them down with you (only the sweetspot is spike similiar to sonic and ZSS). if you do it the same height as the ledge, you can UpB -> DJ -> UpB to recover as DAir has a pretty fast recover.
if you Jump from the ledge and do DAir: DJ and UpB is enough

Last edited:

Fruitalicious

Smash Rookie
NNID
Fruitalicious
Other than witch time set up you can combo them to death. I've heard that she can zero to death but I haven't saw any video. However, I can confirm that you can start combo'ing to kill as all low as 30 percent on medium weight characters. Its a little difficult being a new character but once you get the hang of it will be second nature.

So far my kill combo is:

Grounded Side B (hold B)
Up B (jump first)
Side B (remember it is always towards the direction you're facing)
Second jump up B (they will be facing behind you so DI that way)
Up B
Side B ( time it to the IASA frames of Up B, before it ends)
Up Air

When done correctly, it is a 18 hit combo doing 46 percent damage.
You can also ignore the first Up B if your opponent is in the air and continue combo to kill (off the top of the map). This is much simpler if you are baiting the air dodge and can punish accordingly since Up B is a multi hit and lingers.
How do you Up-B twice in a row? I know about the doublejump cancel up b to jump to up b trick, but that isnt two witch twists in a row, and you also did three witch twists in one jump. Could you explain?

Last edited:

XFaZeLiNkX

Smash Rookie
Thanks! That seems to work now!

FernGully

Smash Rookie
NNID
Nemosinevitioest
I've done this about 2-3 times in training mode. Can anyone confirm?

Also, can someone confirm if her Heel Slide bypasses other counters, as well?

DC

Smash Cadet
Can anyone test this? If you hit Bayo with a projectile during Witch Time she does the animation but if you're not close enough it doesn't catch you/slow you down. Can it catch other opponents?

Aka can you have your doubles partner throw a projectile at your while you're near opponents and catch them with Witch Time?

MysteriousSilver

Smash Ace
Can anyone test this? If you hit Bayo with a projectile during Witch Time she does the animation but if you're not close enough it doesn't catch you/slow you down. Can it catch other opponents?

Aka can you have your doubles partner throw a projectile at your while you're near opponents and catch them with Witch Time?
No, WT doesn't work like that.

It slows down the thing that "hit" her and nothing else. If it's a projectile, it doesn't to anything but briefly stall it. It will only activate properly when a hitbox that's connected to a character hits it.

Top Bottom