• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Bayonetta Technique Compendium and Q&A

Zult

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zultie
Yes it does cover more distance (the distance of the beginning of your jump). Zack has one of the best mobility among Bayonetta players.
:196:
So basically there's no reason not to do it. I learned a lot of new Bayo things this past week. Back to the lab.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
The best reason not to do it is to mix up your recovery and actually being able to snap the ledge, or add an attack with the second jump and still recover with a Witch Twist.
To me it simply is an option that adds a lot of flexibility to your movement.

Funbot28

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AlwaysDOMINATE
Do any Zero to Death's from a Witch Time actually exist regardless of DI and SDI? I usually try to perform the 9B Combo by killing off the side with dual Witch Twist and Fair strings, but I have never been able to execute it against real opponents. How are you guys consistently performing her zero to deaths?

Last edited:

Flamegeyser

Smash Journeyman
Regardless? Dunno about that, but you CAN get guaranteed damage, or put them in a bad spot no matter what.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
What's the best followup I can get when people are SDI'ing down and away? I've been teaching myself mostly, but I can't figure out what best to do about this one.

KirbCider

Smash Ace
Seems like no one's posted in this Thread in awhile, but I have a quick question:

I'm trying to work on Bayonettas Auto-Cancelling but have been having slight difficulties with it. Which move would be the best move for Auto-Cancelling, and which one would be considered the easiest? Also, are there any vids, guides, or anything that specifically mentions her Auto-Cancelling? I seem to be able to do it, but not consistently due to me just guessing the position I need.

Zethoro

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zethor
Seems like no one's posted in this Thread in awhile, but I have a quick question:

I'm trying to work on Bayonettas Auto-Cancelling but have been having slight difficulties with it. Which move would be the best move for Auto-Cancelling, and which one would be considered the easiest? Also, are there any vids, guides, or anything that specifically mentions her Auto-Cancelling? I seem to be able to do it, but not consistently due to me just guessing the position I need.
Bayonetta is far less reliant on autocancels than many other characters. Her best aerials, NAir and BAir, have pretty poor autocancel windows and very low landing lag, and as thus really don't need to autocancel. In fact, due to this they're safer when they aren't; Back Air in particular is plus on block but only if you land right after hitting someone's shield.

Sorry for the late response, but hopefully this helped.

Heracr055

Smash Ace
Hello Bayo players!
How well do swordies other than Toon Link and Link do against her? I wanted to get a feel of how the remaining sword characters fare against her. (I realize I already asked about Toon Link before)

Last edited:

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Marthcina do decently, they can do very well (their counter is very good at edgeguarding her) as long as they don't get overzealous and fall on a Witch Time.

Flamegeyser

Smash Journeyman
Swordies in general lose to bayo since they mostly have to approach. Tink and Link are the exception but I still think they lose for different reasons (a bad time recovering and susceptibility to combos). Corrin does the best of all swordies in my opinion thanks to having the fewest defensive openings in general and Ike does the worst for having the most openings as well as struggling to both land and recover.

Faceless

Smash Rookie
I'm playing with this Defensive Ryu and camping him is not working as well as it used to.
Uptilt to Shoryu is killing me early and once he takes the lead I cannot bait him to approach.
Any suggestions?

Also. I barely used spot dodge. Not only with bayo but with any other characters.
I wonder if there are any tips to develop this habit?

Thanks

Flamegeyser

Smash Journeyman
I'm playing with this Defensive Ryu and camping him is not working as well as it used to.
Uptilt to Shoryu is killing me early and once he takes the lead I cannot bait him to approach.
Any suggestions?

Also. I barely used spot dodge. Not only with bayo but with any other characters.
I wonder if there are any tips to develop this habit?

Thanks
Neutral b beats hadouken and catches far jumps. Any other BA can hit him while he's in the air if you're diligent. Don't be so blindingly obvious as to whiff right in front of his face or land obviously for the utilt. Abuse focus beating moves (wtw, BA nair, BA uair, fair, grab) and anti air him if he tries to approach from there with utilt or BA nair/uair. That's the best I can tell you. Spotdodging is asking to get ****ed, so don't worry too much about it here.

Top Bottom