• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bayonetta Summons the Climax! Updated OT. - (Old Bayonetta Support Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Wasn't he announced at E 4 All?

That was big back then.
Hm... Maybe. Probably an event I didn't heard of then (you know, from France...). I tried to look for it but I didn't found informations.

Guess I'll go back to search more!

Edit: I suppose it was not during the E4All. On the Brawl Dojo, Sonic was revealed on October 10th, and the E4All happened on the 18th to 21st.

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
Wow, this was hard to find! Well I'm glad I found it so I can support my 6th most wanted newcomer, Bayonetta! The trailers make me hyped to play as her every time. That moveset is something I really want to see.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Wow, this was hard to find! Well I'm glad I found it so I can support my 6th most wanted newcomer, Bayonetta! The trailers make me hyped to play as her every time. That moveset is something I really want to see.
"That moveset", you mean the one I did a while ago?

Even if you don't talk about that one, I'm rather proud of it :awesome:

andimidna

Smash Master
"That moveset", you mean the one I did a while ago?

Even if you don't talk about that one, I'm rather proud of it :awesome:
Sorry, I meant in general :p
Just watched that tutorial, and I have to say, I can't think of a character I could see adapting to the controls of Smash Bros and having a moveset that fits Smash Bros more easily than Bayonetta.
When watching the video, I found myself saying "that would definitely be her side tilt" "that would be her standard A attack" "side smash, definitely" and things like that.
A moveset could easily be made for her that would only take moves from her games, hell, you could make one without anything from Bayonetta 2 and have moves left over.
I think Bayonetta 2 is going to be a big deal simply because the series is so popular with people that don't generally buy Nintendo stuff.
The game sales won't be crazy, but the amount of Wii Us that will be bought for it? I'm betting it will be higher than what any 2013 game did.

Ixbran

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
4549 - 7836 - 2775
I can see them making a special Bayonetta 2 + Wii U Bundle when the game is released, that would make the desire to purchase a Wii U more tempting since they will be buying the system and the game at once, rather than having to save up for and purchasing them both individually.

A Bundle will, hands down, end up convincing most, if not all, the so called Bayonetta "Fans" demanding a system port of the game.

solitonmedic

Potassium, potassium
NNID
Dantel
Wouldn't Bayo's appearance wreck Smash's chances in getting a T rating from ESRB?

Looking back at her games, her moves are a bit... out there. Her final smash is what worries me the most, but then again Zero Suit Samus came in without much of a problem. Hm..

andimidna

Smash Master
Wouldn't Bayo's appearance wreck Smash's chances in getting a T rating from ESRB?

Looking back at her games, her moves are a bit... out there. Her final smash is what worries me the most, but then again Zero Suit Samus came in without much of a problem. Hm..
They'd just need to keep her clothes on, and then everything would be fine.
Snake didn't affect the rating of Brawl. So I don't see her doing such a thing.

Ixbran

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
4549 - 7836 - 2775
Her final smash would likely be based on the Umbran Climax from Bayo2.
As for "toning her down", they could easily do to her what they did in anarchy reigns, just make it so her clothes don't disappear when using her very powerful attacks. Just have her hair shawl disappear, or even make it function like her alt costumes in Bayo1 did, where nothing disappears at all. She doesn't swear all that much, only like 15% of the time, so there would be no need to cencor any of her catch-phrases.

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
Her final smash would likely be based on the Umbran Climax from Bayo2.
As for "toning her down", they could easily do to her what they did in anarchy reigns, just make it so her clothes don't disappear when using her very powerful attacks. Just have her hair shawl disappear, or even make it function like her alt costumes in Bayo1 did, where nothing disappears at all. She doesn't swear all that much, only like 15% of the time.
This.
I don't understand why people get so hung up on this.
It's not like she'd get ported completely from one of her games.
They'd need to specifically implement anything she does, so this is all they need to implement. They're not going to have her swear in a taunt, or at all. And that is not a problem at all.
Dang, I really want to see her fighting in Smash Bros. Everytime I try to picture it...

solitonmedic

Potassium, potassium
NNID
Dantel
And that is not a problem at all.
Dang, I really want to see her fighting in Smash Bros. Everytime I try to picture it...
Let's hope when Bayonetta 2 comes around with that bundle, it'll convince big N enough to give her a spot in Smash. :D

Ixbran

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
4549 - 7836 - 2775
This.
I don't understand why people get so hung up on this.
It's not like she'd get ported completely from one of her games.
They'd need to specifically implement anything she does, so this is all they need to implement. They're not going to have her swear in a taunt, or at all. And that is not a problem at all.
You know they could easily implement three of her taunts from Bayonetta as her taunts in smash bros:
  • "You want to touch me?"
  • "Bring it!"
  • "Let's Dance."
  • "Your halo is Mine!" (I can see this as a character specific taunt for Pit, since he is an angel)
  • "Comon!" (The pose for said taunt is fairly sexual, but they could easily give her a new animation for it in SSB4)
  • "I've got a fever, and the only cure is more dead angels!" (could easily be a victory quote for winning a match)

andimidna

Smash Master
You know they could easily implement three of her taunts from Bayonetta as her taunts in smash bros:
  • "You want to touch me?"
  • "Bring it!"
  • "Let's Dance."
  • "Your halo is Mine!" (I can see this as a character specific taunt for Pit, since he is an angel)
  • "Comon!" (The pose for said taunt is fairly sexual, but they could easily give her a new animation for it in SSB4)
  • "I've got a fever, and the only cure is more dead angels!" (could easily be a victory quote for winning a match)
I like the 2nd and the 3rd one for sure!
The 1st sounds a bit suggestive...
The pose being sexual for the 4th might be a reason to choose a different one
And I like the idea of the 5th being a victory quote
I want the 3rd taunt to be "Did you miss me?"
I'd love to use that taunt after something like, Zelda's light arrow or Captain Falcon's Blue Falcon missing her.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
So here's two arguments and counter arguments. One is really bad. Lol

1. "Bayonetta was never on a Nintendo console!"
She is a hidden character in Wonderful 101. She was on the Wii U for a while now.

2. "She wouldn't fit!"
Like people in this thread have stated, she could be toned down without ruining her character. Have her say weak innuendoes and get rid of her swearing. There's also ways I avoid her stripping down.

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
So here's two arguments and counter arguments. One is really bad. Lol

1. "Bayonetta was never on a Nintendo console!"
She is a hidden character in Wonderful 101. She was on the Wii U for a while now.

2. "She wouldn't fit!"
Like people in this thread have stated, she could be toned down without ruining her character. Have her say weak innuendoes and get rid of her swearing. There's also ways I avoid her stripping down.
Not only was Bayonetta in Wonderful 101, but Jeanne was too!
And both are back in Bayonetta 2!
If Bayonetta gets in, the series assist trophy would be Jeanne.
Or at least that's what I hope and want.

Ixbran

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
4549 - 7836 - 2775
Personally if Bayonetta did get in, we'd more likely get an assist trophy based off a major character from the second game. Jeanne is, more or less, turned into the games Damsel in Distress when her soul is sucked into inferno in the beginning of the game. That and shes basically a Bayonetta 2.0, there would be no point to Jeanne being the assist trophy since she can do all the same things Bayonetta does.

I'd rather have the Masked Lumen Sage, Rodin (who was also playable in W101), or the Mysterious Boy as the Bayonetta series assist character, if she did indeed get in. At least they would bring something new and have abilities Bayonetta her self doesn't.

andimidna

Smash Master
Hello Bayonetta supporters!
This very unique character is currently being rated and discussed in the uniqueness tier list thread!
Come give your rating!

Ixbran

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
4549 - 7836 - 2775
I got bored so I made dis cus reasons
BayonettaSymbol-Fanmade.png
A fan made Bayonetta Universe icon, incase she ever Did get in. Based off the umbran clan symbol.

Snakeyes

Smash Journeyman
Contrary to popular belief, Wonder Red is actually owned by Nintendo. His non-inclusion has no bearing on Bayonetta's chances.

Ixbran

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
4549 - 7836 - 2775
True, but still both game series are handled by Platinum Games. So if there was going to be included with ties to the company, it would have been either someone from W101 or Bayo, as either a Nintendo 1st party, that PG just helped make. or a PG 3rd Party character whos appear in a game on a nintendo console.

And even if W101 is a first party game, there are a lot of people who don't know that. So this helps Bayonetta's chances getting in, in the aspect of a character related to PGames.

Snakeyes

Smash Journeyman
These are the same people who request dumb stuff like Goku in Smash. I doubt Sakurai cares about who they perceive as first-party or not when thinking up the game's roster.

Last edited:

Ixbran

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
4549 - 7836 - 2775
lol, true enough. Personally I hope this could increase Bayonetta's chances of getting in, even if its just by a small amount.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
The only thing that affect Bayonetta is that PG is not against some PG in Smash, first or third party. I mean, we didn't get an Super Mario RPG content because of Square, right? (not sure about that, actually).

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990

I just want to put on the record, if I haven't already, that while I don't think she really deserves or fits in Smash...

She is just way too damn fabulous and over-the-top to the point where I know I'd get hyped from seeing her in regardless of what I think is logical.

I just don't care.

And if she were to be put in, be prepared for a LOT of fan art with her and Zamus. >____>

Last edited:

ultimatekoopa

Smash Ace

I just want to put on the record, if I haven't already, that while I don't think she really deserves or fits in Smash...

She is just way too damn fabulous and over-the-top to the point where I know I'd get hyped from seeing her in regardless of what I think is logical.

I just don't care.

And if she were to be put it, be prepared for a LOT of fan art with her and Zamus. >____>
It wouldn't be that bad, you just have to avoid some websites

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Snake, honestly, didn't deserve to be in Smash. Look how great he turned out.

Being "UNDESERVING" is never a true argument. Bayonetta would definitely work well in Smash. It's really hard to mess up characters from Character Action Games when they are brought to fighters.

Unfortunately, her chances are extremely slim. You can thank a certain hedgehog for that.

Ixbran

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
4549 - 7836 - 2775
Considering the fact that SEGA was willing to let this franchise die, simply because they felt it wasnt worth investing in, makes me hope that Nintendo will buy the rights to the IP from them and make the Bayonetta Franchise a 2nd Party game series, allowing her to get in without having any ties to sega what so ever. Or at the very least have her get in as a Platinum Games Rep, as Kamiya had said before.

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
Considering the fact that SEGA was willing to let this franchise die, simply because they felt it wasnt worth investing in, makes me hope that Nintendo will buy the rights to the IP from them and make the Bayonetta Franchise a 2nd Party game series, allowing her to get in without having any ties to sega what so ever. Or at the very least have her get in as a Platinum Games Rep, as Kamiya had said before.
And people discount the possibility when that statement exists?

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Snake, honestly, didn't deserve to be in Smash. Look how great he turned out.

Being "UNDESERVING" is never a true argument. Bayonetta would definitely work well in Smash. It's really hard to mess up characters from Character Action Games when they are brought to fighters.

Unfortunately, her chances are extremely slim. You can thank a certain hedgehog for that.
I don't argue about characters at all because the entire concept is bogus, if you think that my intention was like that. Just personally she doesn't fit into the cast in such a way that I personally care for, just as I don't have that attachment to Snake, although I'd also agree that he was a wonderful addition in terms of what he offered with his play style, and thus a lot of what I feel for her inclusion is the same.

IronFish

Smash Ace
I think Bayonetta's chances have improved now because of Wednesday's PoTF it would be weird to give P Games representation only in trophies... also she isn't any more sexual appearance wise than Zamus, and if Snake can get in, she can get in.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
It appears that SEGA is still involved with Bayonetta 2, though.
Which is why things are getting bleak for the Umbran Witch. The fact that Kamiya's not a friendly guy ("**** off, Smash idiots!", "Is Star Fox your god?", ect) doesn't help.

chronomantic

Smash Ace

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Woah, woahwoahwoahwoah! He said that!?
Yes, when many people were pestering him on Twitter about Bayonetta's inclusion. It didn't really end well, neither did the controversy over him "not wanting to do Star Fox anymore."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom