• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bayonetta Summons the Climax! Updated OT. - (Old Bayonetta Support Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rosalina suporter

Smash Ace
May 1st isn't that big of a deal imo. Its been in development for a while (wasnt it annoucned around the same time as Smash 4?).

It will be out after Mario Kart and Potentially smash at this rate.

Just searched and,I found that Bayonetta 2 was announced September 13, 2012..

development for Super Smash Bros 4. did not start until May 2012 smash bros 4's. development started 5 months before Bayonetta 2.

D

Deleted member

Bayonetta 2 potentially coming out on May, 2014?

Please let it be true :).

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
By the way, this is the weakest argument for her non-inclusion.

Isn't one of the rules for 3rd parties: "must have appeared on a Nintendo System?"
And she hasn't.
She will.
But she hasn't.
Bayonetta 2 has no release date yet - just 2014. If it were for sure releasing before SSB4, I would say there would be more of a chance.
The reason she won't be included, the only reason that matters, is that she lacks the Legendary aspect that Sakurai looks for in 3rd Parties. Sonic, Snake, and Mega Man are Giants of gaming. So much so that they were included in SSB even though Mega Man hasn't had a new game in ages and even though Sonic's games are declining in quality. Bayonetta is a legend in no facet of the word: she just doesn't have the right stuff. She's got the right stuff for fanboy erections, NSFW fanart and that faux, B-Movie "edginess" that comes from being an over-the-top, sexual-ized, Femme Fatale character type. But there are only a few characters deserving of a 3rd Party spot, and she just isn't one. The point of 3rd parties, yes, is to bring more fans from other games to Smash, but is not to do so haphazardly. Fans of Sonic, Mega Man and Snake grew up with these games and love these characters. Clearly, I'm not saying Bayonetta isn't a loved character, simply that she has only been around since 2009-2010 and 3-4 years is simply not enough time to garner the type of response or nostalgia that these other characters bring to the table. (I doubt that people were ever sitting around and they seriously asked, "Who would win a fight: Mario or Bayonetta?" That idea is stupid. However a competition between Sonic and Mario makes far more sense given their historic rivalry.) Someone like Pac-Man or Bomberman; gaming icons which are more deserving despite their failure to transition to the modern era. After them come lesser known 3rd parties that still have an avid sense of nostalgia about them: Geno, Lloyd, Crono, Crash, Simon Belmont, Spyro, Banjo, etc. The only more recent 3rd party with a chance would be Professor Layton because he's made quite a name for himself in the past few years. However, I suspect that there is only 1 (POSSIBLY 2) third party spot left in SSB4 and it may just go to Snake. Adding just anyone because they have a game on a Nintendo console would just seem like pandering and Nintendo isn't like that. (Would it make sense to add Edward Kenway, the Assassin from Assassin's Creed IV, just because he had a game on the Wii U? **** no.) If they did do that, they would lose my respect as a company.

It is fine to make a support topic for a character you don't believe can get into the game, but stop clinging to bits of useless information like they prove something: they don't. It's sick. It's dumb. And annoying. It's even annoyed the creator of Bayonetta. The only proof is the Dojo. I do think that if Bayonetta games keep getting made her popularity could reach a level where hoping for inclusion in Smash wouldn't be insane. I'd say maybe Smash 6. Until then discuss moveset possibilities, how she would fit in/stand out and what you like about her games. You can't wave theoretical release date info and clearly sarcastic tweets around like they're proof. It's dumb. As dumb as saying Pyrosphere destroy Ridley's chances as a playable character or that this long without a reveal that Ridley is a stage hazard proves he's playable. We literally know nothing. Deal with it.

That being said I have nothing against Bayonetta. And I would still buy SSB4 and play as her if she were playable. I also wanted to get Bayonetta but just sort of forget about it.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
So Wonder Red saved Bayonetta from being a non factor it seems. lol

But i'll be honest. If anyone from Platinum gets chosen, chances are it will be one of the WONDER ONES and not Bayonetta. (Wonderful 101 being a Nintendo owned game) Thats not to say i wouldn't like her. She'd be awesome. But i really doubt she'll get in. Especially since it's really unlikely SEGA will get a second rep.

Rosalina suporter

Smash Ace
So Wonder Red saved Bayonetta from being a non factor it seems. lol

But i'll be honest. If anyone from Platinum gets chosen, chances are it will be one of the WONDER ONES and not Bayonetta. (Wonderful 101 being a Nintendo owned game) Thats not to say i wouldn't like her. She'd be awesome. But i really doubt she'll get in. Especially since it's really unlikely SEGA will get a second rep.

:o i did not know she was in that,this is news to me, i dont know who owns the rights to her all i can find is this.

Developer(s)​
Publisher​

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Oh, a topic for that witch!

Even if I think there's is almost no chances, I support her strongly (my 10th most wanted character). For my arguments why she should be in (or, should I say, why nothing is against her):

-Obviously, there's the Bayonetta 2 WiiU exclusivity.
-She is the "mascot" of Platinum games.
-She does have moveset potential.
-Games like "Dead or Alive Xtreme Volleyball" have a PEGI 12 rating :troll: Her +18 rating comes from blood, torture and swearing, 3 things easily removable. (here is a link to the PEGI rating system, it's really interesting, especially everything about mature content: http://www.pegi.info/fr/index/id/1192/media/pdf/354.pdf )

But there's is counter arguments, like:
-Still, her wicked weaves wil be hard to put in smash. Well, not the wicked weaves, but her outfit.
-Not a big franchise, like Metal Gear, Sonic and Megaman.
-Guns. They are considered magical guns in the game, but they still are guns. If Captain Falcon can't use one, I wonder how she could use four of them.

By the way, I still did a moveset for her:
Bayonetta is a light weight, tall and fast character.
What makes her moveset unique is that every normal moves can be held to deal a lot less knockback, but shoot with the guns for additional damage. The bullet must deal no knockback and very few percentages (like fox blaster), and have a limited range.

Normal moves:
Neutral A:
Her basic combo in the game, bayonetta attack with her hand guns. Shoots horizontally.

Forward Tilt: Two circular kicks. Shoot horizontally.
Down Tilt: rotating low kick.
Up-Tilt: An uppercut. Shoots diagonally.
Neutral Aerial: Excute a salto. Shoots randomly around her.
Forward Aerial: A kick that can meteor smash enemies (similar to one of Snake's aerial). Shoots downward.
Back Aerial: Kicks behind her. Shoots horizontally.
Up Aerial: Bayonetta use the claws Durga, fire type, to slash enemies.
Down Aerial: Bayonetta use Durga, electric type, with her foot to create a small explosion.

Smashes: She use her wicked weaves, of course. And they also should be smaller than in her game.

Forward Smash: Attack with her back, forward wicked punch.
Up Smash: Another uppercut, but she makes her pistol turn. The wicked punch comes from the ground.
Down Smash: Stomps the ground, a wicked kick does the same.

Grab: Use the whip Kulshedra.

Special Attacks:
Neutral Special: Shuraba:
Bayonetta use her Katana, Shuraba. She makes a slow circular movement with it, charging an attack. If she did less than half of a circle, she simply slash in front of her. In she did more than half of a circle, it also send a shockwave, and the full circle shoot a laser.

Side Special: Breakdance: Well, the name speak for itself. She does a breakdance, and you can move her during the attack.

Up Special: Wings: From Bayonetta 2, Bayonetta use her wings to get back on the stage.

Down Special: Witch Time: A counter attack. Bayonetta prepare to snap her finger's. If she is attacked before, she avoid the enemy and make time slower for him for a short amount of time, giving an opportunity to attack.

Final Smash: Queen Sheba:
First, a "tornado of hair" is created around Bayonetta. If ennemies get caught in it, a cinematic occurs (like Falcon's FS), where foes are send in space, and a giant queen Sheba punches them.
(doing it like help not seeing Bayonetta naked, as if the attack don't hit, we only see her in "bikini mode")

There may be some error, as I traduced it from French.

Edit: Added some things I forgot, like the grab or the Final Smash.

Last edited:

Jubileus57

Smash Ace
Oh, a topic for that witch!

-Obviously, there's the Bayonetta 2 WiiU exclusivity.
-She is the "mascot" of Platinum games.
-She does have moveset potential.
-Games like "Dead or Alive Xtreme Volleyball" have a PEGI 12 rating :troll: Her +18 rating comes from blood, torture and swearing, 3 things easily removable. (here is a link to the PEGI rating system, it's really interesting, especially everything about mature content: http://www.pegi.info/fr/index/id/1192/media/pdf/354.pdf )

But there's is counter arguments, like:
-Still, her wicked weaves wil be hard to put in smash. Well, not the wicked weaves, but her outfit.
-Not a big franchise, like Metal Gear, Sonic and Megaman.
-Guns. They are considered magical guns in the game, but they still are guns. If Captain Falcon can't use one, I wonder how she could use four of them.
I agree that Bayonetta will face some problems with the game, but there are some that still might be avoided imo. For example, the guns might fire bullets entirely surrounded by darkness effect, so we dont actually see those bullets. And there are some character that use gun-like thingies in Smash Bros, like Fox or Zero Suit Samus. In the worse case she still can use her Bazillions, that are rayguns if I remember correctly.

As for her outfit, they might try not to remove too much of her clothing during Wicked-Weave-like attacks.

And finally, even if she is not with Sonic or Megaman in the legendary third-party, she still might advertise her new Wii U exclusive title that seems to be meant to be also a system-seller. I think an inclusion in Sm4sh might make more people aware of Bayonetta's existence. It has already worked for Fire Emblem with Roy and Marth, so why wouldn't it with her.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I agree that Bayonetta will face some problems with the game, but there are some that still might be avoided imo. For example, the guns might fire bullets entirely surrounded by darkness effect, so we dont actually see those bullets. And there are some character that use gun-like thingies in Smash Bros, like Fox or Zero Suit Samus. In the worse case she still can use her Bazillions, that are rayguns if I remember correctly.
Magical bullets for magical guns sound right, I think it's not a good idea to remove her iconic guns.

As for her outfit, they might try not to remove too much of her clothing during Wicked-Weave-like attacks.
I wonder if this is acceptable:
http://static2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100811164411/bayonetta/images/a/ae/Bayonetta´s_Gommorrah.jpg

Still, the real problem is when she is naked. And the solution is simply not showing it.

And finally, even if she is not with Sonic or Megaman in the legendary third-party, she still might advertise her new Wii U exclusive title that seems to be meant to be also a system-seller. I think an inclusion in Sm4sh might make more people aware of Bayonetta's existence. It has already worked for Fire Emblem with Roy and Marth, so why wouldn't it with her.
Well, the difference with Roy is the "guest effect". But the first game is a really good game (it's not like she is a bad character from a bad game), she is still recognize by many gamers, and "being a not too known, predictable guest" can also be an argument, but we don't know how Sakurai think.

Also, SoulCalibur 5 have Ezio Auditore as a guest, and I see him similar to Bayonetta (from a recent good game, known but not iconic to video games). Similar, without stripping, of course :troll:

Jubileus57

Smash Ace
Magical bullets for magical guns sound right, I think it's not a good idea to remove her iconic guns.

I wonder if this is acceptable:
http://static2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100811164411/bayonetta/images/a/ae/Bayonetta´s_Gommorrah.jpg

Still, the real problem is when she is naked. And the solution is simply not showing it.

Well, the difference with Roy is the "guest effect". But the first game is a really good game (it's not like she is a bad character from a bad game), she is still recognize by many gamers, and "being a not too known, predictable guest" can also be an argument, but we don't know how Sakurai think.

Also, SoulCalibur 5 have Ezio Auditore as a guest, and I see him similar to Bayonetta (from a recent good game, known but not iconic to video games). Similar, without stripping, of course :troll:
I think everyone agree that her guns are untouchable. Too iconic.

As for the Wicked Weave problems, I don't know how ratings in the US or even in Japan are (being from France) but I think that most of her demonic summons somehow denude her too much already for a T rating, even if she's not stark naked... Still I trust Sakurai for overcoming these problems if he intends to add her to the roster.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I guess there's no problem. Games like Hyperdimension Neptunia are for teen everywhere, yet contain scenes where characters are naked, only covered by fog and soap's foam.

Also, I think demonic summons would be too much, excluding the final smash. They always are finishers. So, as I said, just showing Bayonetta in her "swimsuit mode" when starting the final smash, and not showing her during the cinematic (also avoiding the free camera) is true to the character, yet not too naked.

Ps: I'm also from France! \o/

Jubileus57

Smash Ace
I guess there's no problem. Games like Hyperdimension Neptunia are for teen everywhere, yet contain scenes where characters are naked, only covered by fog and soap's foam.

Also, I think demonic summons would be too much, excluding the final smash. They always are finishers. So, as I said, just showing Bayonetta in her "swimsuit mode" when starting the final smash, and not showing her during the cinematic (also avoiding the free camera) is true to the character, yet not too naked.

Ps: I'm also from France! \o/
I fear even the swimsuit she wears in her game when summoning even Madama Buterflies limbs is too much already for the ratings. Though that's just my two cents. I hope so much I'm wrong.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Well, there's a lot of games with fanservice that just get a "Teen rating".

Even Dead or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball, AKA "Voyeurisme: the game" got a PEGI 12 rating in Europe, but a Mature rating with ESRB and CERO rating system.

Also, Darkstalkers character in Marvel Vs Capcom 3.

Again, rated for teen everywhere.

Jubileus57

Smash Ace
Well, there's a lot of games with fanservice that just get a "Teen rating".

Even Dead or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball, AKA "Voyeurisme: the game" got a PEGI 12 rating in Europe, but a Mature rating with ESRB and CERO rating system.

Also, Darkstalkers character in Marvel Vs Capcom 3.

Again, rated for teen everywhere.
Then I hope you're right. If this is the sole thing that barred Bayonetta from being in Sm4sh I would be extremely disappointed. She is my most wanted newcomer after all.

Hopefully there still is Sakurai's pic of Platinum Games front desk. Let's hope it's hints at Bayonetta's inclusion.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
There's actually a lot of rumors and speculations about Bayonetta in Smash.

This, the mysterious email exchange on twitter between Sakurai and Kamiya, and other things (reliable or not)...
Also, Sakurai and Kamiya seems to be friend, similar to Sakurai and Kojima.

Let's hope the bi-... I'm mean the Witch get in SSB4!

Ixbran

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
4549 - 7836 - 2775
Well, regarding the clothing issue, instead of making it go 'swim suit mode', just have her hair shawl disappear.

They can just get rid of the hair shawl around her shoulders and torso during her attacks that would, normally, make her entire outfit disappear. It would just make it so the part of her outfit under the shawl is exposed, but still keeping her clothed.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Damn, I always forget the new outfit.

Well I watched a Bayonetta 2 gameplay video, and she still get in "swimsuit mode".

But I don't mind if she don't strip. After all, she send A LOT of wicked weaves in boss battle, when she is in "serious mode", and she rarely strip. Isn't Smash Bros a serious battle? :)

On a side note, this discussion reminds me of someone who kept telling me I wasn't a fan of Bayonetta and that I didn't even played the first game because I didn't care if she don't strip down, yet every moves in the moveset I did are canon :troll:

Ixbran

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
4549 - 7836 - 2775
I think it would be cool if her grapple attacks in smash, if she got in, were based off the Torture attacks she has in the series.

Down throw would be the guillotine, the up throw would be that pulley and chain, forward throw being the iron maiden, and back throw could be her special grapple from anarchy reigns, performing a series of back flips while holding onto them, and slamming her heels into their stomachs, her heel guns going off, as confetti shoots up around her.

I always figured her special attacks would be her wicked weaves from the series. Over special could be summoning Madama Butterflies fist which would punch enemies in front of her, down special summoning madama's spiked heel to stomp enemies too the ground, her neutral could be to perform the Break Dance technique, and her up special could be summoning Mamdama Butterflies wings for a 3rd jump, the attack aspect could be forming a dark aura around them damaging enemies while rising and floating downwards with them still out.

Her normal attacks could just be various different attacks with her guns, yea shes known for wielding multiple weapons, but
I think having her just use her guns would be the best choice, since their the only weapons shes ever seen wielding in cut scenes. I also feel their just more iconic too her character than the swords, whips and ice sates she fights with.

As for her final smash, I dunno, i think Summoning Queen Sheeba would be odd, considering she needed Jeannes help to do so in the end of the first game. I think her activating Witch Time would be a decent enough final smash, maybe have her summon the wings of her demon Maphlas, to give her temporary flight during her witch time, as she did in the trailer. It could function like Warios smash attack, giving her limitless number of jumps while slowing down time to get to her opponents.

Tesh

Smash Hero
If Bayonetta doesn't get naked during battle, its not Bayonetta. Sorry.

I'd much rather see the wonderful 101 take her spot than see a toned down, kid friendly bayonetta.

Taking away falcon/snake's gun isnt anywhere near what they would need to strip away from Bayonetta for her to fit Smash.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Bayonetta's "lewdness" is part of her character. To take it away would be to strip her (:troll: ) of her character.

Ixbran

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
4549 - 7836 - 2775
If Bayonetta doesn't get naked during battle, its not Bayonetta. Sorry.

I'd much rather see the wonderful 101 take her spot than see a toned down, kid friendly bayonetta.

Taking away falcon/snake's gun isnt anywhere near what they would need to strip away from Bayonetta for her to fit Smash.
Bayonetta's "lewdness" is part of her character. To take it away would be to strip her (:troll: ) of her character.
"Oh no, shes not getting naked, shes not the same character anymore!"

really, thats the argument y'all going to make? they can still keep the sexual positions and swivel hips, just minus her stripping. I mean just look at the positions that ZZSamus is capable of making, have you ever paused the game while playing as her and payed attention to her bodies positioning and angles? and really, is it so necessary that Bayonetta gets naked while playing as her to truly enjoy her as a character?

Also, the W101 is a Nintendo IP, not a Platinum Games IP, its just a game PGames made for Nintendo. Like how Koei is making Hyrule Warriors for Nintendo. So even if Wonder Red got in, he'd be a first party character, which wouldn't prevent Bayo getting in as a 3rd Party Character to represent P.Games.

Tesh

Smash Hero
That IS part of her character. ZSS is a realistic looking character with a logically tight fitting spacesuit and her movements are acrobatic, not sexual.

Don't try to act like changing her wicked weave would make it okay to have her pole dance as a special and use hardcore BDSM torture devices as finishers in a T rated game.

Her appearance, behavior AND moveset from Bayonetta are not appropriate for smash bros. IMO, platinum is racking up nifty and cool IPs fast enough to make a smash bros of their own in the next few years and it can be rated M.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
"Oh no, shes not getting naked, shes not the same character anymore!"

really, thats the argument y'all going to make? they can still keep the sexual positions and swivel hips, just minus her stripping. I mean just look at the positions that ZZSamus is capable of making, have you ever paused the game while playing as her and payed attention to her bodies positioning and angles? and really, is it so necessary that Bayonetta gets naked while playing as her to truly enjoy her as a character?

Also, the W101 is a Nintendo IP, not a Platinum Games IP, its just a game PGames made for Nintendo. Like how Koei is making Hyrule Warriors for Nintendo. So even if Wonder Red got in, he'd be a first party character, which wouldn't prevent Bayo getting in as a 3rd Party Character to represent P.Games.
Never said she wouldn't get it because of "lewdness." Just said that without it, she's not the same character.

I think she could work, they just need to be careful. There's a fine line here. Very fine.

Ixbran

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
4549 - 7836 - 2775
Don't try to act like changing her wicked weave would make it okay to have her pole dance as a special and use hardcore BDSM torture devices as finishers in a T rated game
I never said anything about changing her attacks, just making it so only her shawl from her new appearance be the only thing to disappear. No need to be snippy. and really, the only BDSM style attack she has is that weird horse thing she uses on the Joy angels. Stated so in the official art book that its really the only truly sexual move she has. But then again, I'm a homosexual, so nothing she does is considered 'sexy' or 'sexual' to me, aside from the horse thing. Just flashy attacks and kick ass moves.

Unlike most men who play Bayonetta, I dont see her as a sex object or eye candy. I see her as a strong independent woman who uses flashy attacks and the occasional suggestive move here and there. Its nice being able to play a game and not care if a character is sexy or not to be able to enjoy it. <3
Never said she wouldn't get it because of "lewdness." Just said that without it, she's not the same character.

I think she could work, they just need to be careful. There's a fine line here. Very fine.
as i said before, she can still be lewd and keep the swivel hips, just make it so she doesn't get naked when doing her attacks, and shes she'll be fine. I mean the only other issue i could see with her is swearing, and even then she doesn't swear all that much. I think the only time i remember saying a legit curse word was when she was talking to Rodin when the game first introduced the shop to the players. But then again I could be remembering wrong, it has been a while since i played the first game. *shrug*

Tesh

Smash Hero
All of her moves hinge upon sexuality and ultra violence. Her special moves are even called "torture attacks".

When you take all of those things away from her, you really ARE just left with something that would fit the wonderful 101 better. It would just be a character that summons large things to do attacks (that what the wonderful ones do).

The only thing Bayonetta has on W101 is success and she hasnt had it yet with nintendo.

Bayonetta IS a sex object/eye candy. Yes she is independant and powerful, but I wouldn't see her stripped of any of thse character traits to be crammed into a spinoff game that doesnt need her.

Her cameo in Anarchy Reigns fit much better. Its a dark, gritty world and she got to join in on the massive multiplayer brawling there. I'm sure if Platinum makes another multiplayer game, we will see her again.

Jubileus57

Smash Ace
All of her moves hinge upon sexuality and ultra violence. Her special moves are even called "torture attacks".
The thing is that even if her moves are violent, many are not less violent than the ones we see in smash:
Sure she can stab angels with her Swords Shuraba and Pillow Talk, but there are many swordsmen in smash that do the same (Marth, Link, etc etc).
Sure, she can burn, freeze or electrocute others with her elemental weapons (Odette, Durga, etc), but so can Charizard, Ice Climbers or Pikachu among others.
Guns? Many characters already use gun-like weapons (Fox, Zero Suit Samus...), and one could easily hide the problematic bullets with darkness effects.
Etc...

So ALL her moves are not far more violent than ones seen in smash (IMO). Of course, torture attacks are a different story, but they COULD be absent from her moveset.

As for the sexuality, though, I don't really know (I'm not an expert), but I don't remember all of her moves involving it.

Wii Twerk Trainer

Smash Ace
NNID
Wiifitgaypride69
I don't want to be a negative nancy, but Sakurai said that he's not just letting any third party character get into smash bros, and even though Nintendo is publishing Bayonetta 2, it's just one game. They've made deals with third parties many tumescent before to have their games exclusively on their platforms, and besides, having just one exclusive game on a Nintendo console doesn't match the tons of Mega Man and Sonic games on Nintendo systems.
But why would Nintendo randomly choose Bayonetta and heavily advertise it? Maybe they wanted a series with a strong female lead. They probably couldn't think of one themselves and thought. Bayonnetta seemed perfect and revived the series. If Bayonetta is in smash and gains massive popularity from it that'll give Nintendo a reason to make more Bayonetta games in the future. :)

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Well, about torture attacks, I wonder if, in a game like Smash Bros, they goes in the 18+ PEGI rating. It says: "If they instantly disappear in a puff of smoke or are killed/injured and then come back to life or appear uninjured this will not be treated as gross violence". Which would happen. After all, we often see guilottine-like obstacles in dark dungeons in games like Zelda.

About stripping, I don't mind if she don't strip, but as I said, I suppose this is acceptable:

After all, we have the Darkstalkers characters in Marvel VS Capcom 3, a rated for teen game with Morrigan and especially Felicia, who always show more skin.

Again, for the PEGI rating, here is some questions about sexual content, with the logos that aer concerned by the questions:

Words or activities that amount to obvious sexual innuendo or explicit sexual descriptions or images or sexual posturing: This can refer to words or pictures that may be sexually explicit but do not amount to eroticism (a brief glimpse of a lady with bare boobs at a window or a brief glimpse of a naked couple (not showing genitalia) getting into bed). The sexual innuendo must be obviously relating to sexual intercourse/foreplay and can consist of words and/or activity. This would cover instances in which it is clear that sexual intercourse is taking place but the participants are out of view, under sheets etc. The importance is sexual connotation. If however, the couple can be seen, even if th ey are partially clothed, then question 27 ‘sexual
ntercourse without visible genitals’ will be more appropriate. The test is whether the mages could prompt sexual curiosity on behalf of the player. Sexual posturing means dancing or posing (while remaining clothed) in a manner intended to put across a sexual message or suggestion. This will include such things as pole dancing, lap dancing and even some of the more suggestive music video sequences.

The text in bold goes well for all her attacks where she is clothed, but have open legs for a bit a sensuality. Also, the pole dance ending.

Depictions of erotic or sexual nudity: This is where the depiction of nudity (including partial nudity) could result in sexual arousal or is shown as a prelude to human sexual activity. This can include still pictures particularly if they depict an erotic activity. This will not generally include straightforward pin-ups.

Bayonetta does not have the "sexual content logo", wich is logical as all situations where she is naked happens in battle, not in cinematics to arouse characters (If recall well, there's only the "swimsuit mode" in the 'let's dance boys" cinematic). And, obviously, there's no sexual activity.

Depictions of nudity in a non-sexual context: This is where the nudity (which includes partial nudity but no visible genitalia) has no direct or implied sexual meaning such as a lady breast feeding a baby, topless sunbathing or a nudist beach.

Yep. This goes under 3+. Again, her partial nudity happens in battle, and is not sexual. Sexy, for sure, but not sexual :troll:

Every 18+ sexual content is about visible nudity and visible sexual activity.

Obviously, the PEGI rating questions are not absolute, and we don't know how they consider if something goes in a category or not, but here is my interpretation about those 3.
Considering this, Bayonetta is acceptable if she appears like the picture I posted.

Oh, also, about Queen Sheba being an odd choice, two things to consider:

-She needs Jeanne to summons it: It's true, but logic is not something that happen in smash. Earthbound characters don't use their own PSI attacks for exemple.
-Why Queen Sheba? Well, she somehow happen to be the less brutal, just punching, yet being the most awesome summon (to me).

Edit: I realize I really like the word "consider"

Wii Twerk Trainer

Smash Ace
NNID
Wiifitgaypride69
I really don't know how a half naked woman is bad. I mean she still has clothes on. She aignt naked lol it's a T rated game that has a lot of violence to begin with. People will say crap like she's too sexual and that's bad yet abusing children and beating them is A ok and funny?

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Beating childrens in Anoraks with mines and a bazooka: OK.
Some boobs: NOT OK :troll:

I wonder how it is in america (ESRB rating) and Japan (CERO rating) but as I said, partial nudity is not a problem with the PEGI rating.

Edit: I found some articles about a game named Atelier Meruru. The CERO rating was initially A (for everyone), but after discovering some imagery with characters almost naked, only covered by steam effect, the game got a CERO B rating (12+)
It's an isolated case, but it look like partial nudity isn't a problem with teen rating. Again, just look at DoA Xtreme Beach Volleyball, rated for teen in Europe :troll:

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
If she winds up in Smash either way, it would be rated C in Japan for the first time in history since most SSB are always rated A. :troll:

Morbi

Scavenger
I wouldn't actually be opposed to the notion of Bayonetta, I finished playing through the first game about a week ago. I mean, she is better than a lot of the other 3rd party choices.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
If she winds up in Smash either way, it would be rated C in Japan for the first time in history since most SSB are always rated A. :troll:
It's true, every smash bros are Rated Cero A in Japan.
But I wonder, if a toned down Bayonetta make it (and by toned down, I talk about language and blood), if the rating would be CERO B instead? Lot's of game with fan-service tends to get a CERO B rating.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
It's true, every smash bros are Rated Cero A in Japan.
But I wonder, if a toned down Bayonetta make it (and by toned down, I talk about language and blood), if the rating would be CERO B instead? Lot's of game with fan-service tends to get a CERO B rating.
Captain Rainbow comes to mind in that notion, especially scenes involving Birdo or Takamaru. *shudders*

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Well, I can understand that games like Tekken and SoulCalibur get a CERO C rating (realistic character and somewhat realistic violence), but if you look at Street Fighter 4, it's a CERO B rating, probably because of the stylized and cartoonish look of the game. Same goes with Street Fighter X Tekken, WITH the Character Poison in the game.

Let's just take a few moments to admire the greatness of Poison and Hugo intro: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hy-lcdIwmZU
Also, spanking butts with a whip, sexy posing when she lose and other things.

D

Deleted member

Well, I'm surprised to see this thread is alive for some reason...

With E3 well over I figured people would have given up hope. There's literally no reason for her to be in anymore... Sorry to say guys, woulda been cool, but it didn't happen.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I don't see why the E3 being over would be a reason not to support her. If I'm fan of her, and think she has (small) chances to make it in smash to promote her WiiU exclusivity, I don't think I need a schedule to discuss about her.

At least, we learn some things about PEGI, ESRB and CERO :troll:

Jubileus57

Smash Ace
Well, I'm surprised to see this thread is alive for some reason...

With E3 well over I figured people would have given up hope. There's literally no reason for her to be in anymore... Sorry to say guys, woulda been cool, but it didn't happen.
E3 being over does not mean she doesn't have a chance at all. It's like telling that Ridley is out as he has not been revealed at E3. If she's in she still might be revealed on the day Bayonetta 2 gets launched.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Also, Sonic wasn't announced on a big event for Brawl, if I recall well.

Big events doesn't mean we get guests.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom