• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BattleGrounds - Long Island, NY 12/26/08 - 1v1,2v2 - BRAWL the day after Christmas

battlegrounds

Smash Cadet
Time for another great Long Island Tournament

Site: www.Battlegroundsli.com
631-772-6786
199 Mastic Beach Rd
Mastic Beach, NY 11951

Time: 5:00pm
Fee: $10 (Singles) $20 (Doubles)
Format: Singles AND Doubles
(Which ever we have more players for will go first)

Average player count: 27+ players!

Best of 3 matches Sets. Finals Best of 5.
1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
2. Opponents start the stage striking procedure
3. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counterpicks of the set
4. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match
(This information is supported by Smashboards and is credited to them as well)

3 Stock, 6 Minutes, Items OFF, Team Damage ON.

Stages

Neutral Random:
BattleField
Final Destination
Smahville
Yoshi's Island

CounterPicks:

Castle Siege
Rainbow Cruise
Delfino Plaza
Brinstar
Frigate Orpheon
Norfair
Pokemon Stadium 1
Jungle Japes
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Corneria (Doubles)
Luigi's Mansion (Doubles)

Banned:

All Others.

Patsie

Smash Journeyman
hey minty, where do you live? i can give people rides, provided youre not too far away (or we could work something out where you take a train to cold spring harbor and ill drive the rest)

if you want we could partner, but im out of practice. we could try a bunch of matches online when i finish finals around the 16th.

Fyist

Smash Journeyman
YESSS THE DAY AFTER CHRISTMAS!!!!! Ill be there.

MBlaze

Smash Champion
You guys really need to stop putting these on Fridays, but luckily we have this day off. MAYBE, I'll enter doubles if I'm there!! :O

Punishment Divine

Smash Champion
Will be there if I can make it
What's this place like?
The TVs lag, you can't play friendlies, they **** the pot, there's little kids running around screaming things along the lines of "GRAB THE ****ING BATTLE AXE *******!" and I believe there are abortions in the back alley.

Hey man, it's your decision from there.

KirinBlaze

Smash Lord
NNID
KirinBlaze
The TVs lag, you can't play friendlies, they **** the pot, there's little kids running around screaming things along the lines of "GRAB THE ****ING BATTLE AXE *******!" and I believe there are abortions in the back alley.

ONE MORE UNTIL I GO UP A TIER!

So who is actually going to this?

doowop

Smash Apprentice
I'll go if I can get a ride, and if I can get a partner. Who wants to win doubles?

Ownasaurus

Smash Journeyman

Do the TVs really lag?

I'll come and possibly bring a friend if the venue is OK.
Representing Western NY!

Also how is the pot going to be distributed? 60/30/10?

Finally, if I do go and my friend cannot make it, I'll be scouting for a teams partner who is playing to take 1st.

KirinBlaze

Smash Lord
NNID
KirinBlaze
Do the TVs really lag?

I'll come and possibly bring a friend if the venue is OK.
Representing Western NY!

Also how is the pot going to be distributed? 60/30/10?

Finally, if I do go and my friend cannot make it, I'll be scouting for a teams partner who is playing to take 1st.
It's all fancy flat screen plasma TV nonsense. It's not lag like you'd find on WiFi but you will notice constant button delay.

Ownasaurus

Smash Journeyman
It's all fancy flat screen plasma TV nonsense. It's not lag like you'd find on WiFi but you will notice constant button delay.
Is there at least one CRT TV or something that has no lag? If not, would someone who lives close be able to bring a lagless TV?

I'm excited cause I've only been to one tournament on Long Island, but I don't see the point in coming if I'm going to lose to lag :(

KirinBlaze

Smash Lord
NNID
KirinBlaze
Is there at least one CRT TV or something that has no lag? If not, would someone who lives close be able to bring a lagless TV?

I'm excited cause I've only been to one tournament on Long Island, but I don't see the point in coming if I'm going to lose to lag :(
No, it's all TV's like I explained in my last post and I don't believe we can bring our own TV's.

Ownasaurus

Smash Journeyman
Very disappointing :(. I'm surprised people play competitive smash on TVs with video lag. Nevertheless, I'll still come if and only if my friend still wants to go as he's never been to a brawl tournament :p

Ownasaurus

Smash Journeyman
Since my friend wants to come, we'll both be there assuming that someone posts how the pot will be divided.

doommachine15

Smash Ace
The pot is divided 60-30-10 and they take like 30% of the pot. So its like a cheap venue fee, and I promise either me or if I ask will...one of us will bring a lagless tv to increase attendance.

EWING

Smash Apprentice
School: Nashville, TN Home: Long Island, NY
i guess ill bring my wii though putting it in my bag for traveling to and from college has ****ed it up quite a bit; it takes a few tries to get it to recognize brawl but its fine after it does

i still need a partner if someone wants to team

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Anyone Can Lift Me From Copiague Station , Lindenhurst Station , Babylon Station , Or Massapequa Station?

Ownasaurus

Smash Journeyman
The pot is divided 60-30-10 and they take like 30% of the pot. So its like a cheap venue fee, and I promise either me or if I ask will...one of us will bring a lagless tv to increase attendance.
Thank you very much for the info and for doing what you can to try to increase attendance.

By the way, is there any recording equipment by any chance?
I'd bring mine, but Xiivi is borrowing it :p

KirinBlaze

Smash Lord
NNID
KirinBlaze
Thank you very much for the info and for doing what you can to try to increase attendance.

By the way, is there any recording equipment by any chance?
I'd bring mine, but Xiivi is borrowing it :p
A few of us have the Inifinte Replay codes on our Wii's, I can bring mine to save the replays then have a friend record them afterward. Other then that I'm not sure if anyone has a recording device handy.

Korpocalypse

Smash Journeyman
we can't bring our own tv's? I'd love to supply a tv, wii, and disc
punishment divine why are you here?
EDIT: tourny starts at 5 pm i'll be there
EDIT2: will be coming with 2-3 other people

Top Bottom