• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BasketBrawl

WFL

Smash Journeyman
Ok, so if you actually came into this thread after my title you're probably wondering what my idea is so here it is.

BasketBrawl!!!!!!!!!

That's right, basketbrawl is basketball type game implemented into brawl. If anyone here has ever played Alien Hominid's basketball-like game mode or even the slime games on teh blagosphere you'll know what I'm sort of saying here. There is a medium sized basketball that starts in the middle of the stage, only can be played on stages with stable platforms, and to score you have to hit and combo the ball and maybe even your opponents while comboing the ball and put it into your basket. I'm thinking there might be a block type move for every character, but most likely not. If you're defending you'll have to either use up+b to make a quick block. The "gravity" or weight of the ball is similar to Mario which is I believe the average weight in melee and most likely will be for brawl.

How does one come up with such a crazy and irrational idea you ask? Well, I was practicing some technical skill with Marf against a CPU and I pulled off some Fair combo to a Dair and was like, "Hmm, I guess that slightly resembled a slam dunk." So after that, I played a only slam dunk match with CF by coincidence of course and realized that BASKETBRAWL!!!!!1111! would just be an awesomely awesome idea for brawl. Also with the introduction of teh f00ts1007 jump every character would have the ability to Slam Dunk the ball.

Super Light Gravity Metal Bunny Curry BasketBRAWL!!!!!!

WFL

Smash Journeyman
Ok, Ok I see where your coming from here. I read the volleybrawl thread, but I mean come on. In no way is volleyball close to the popularity of basketball and that comes from a guy that plays volleyball competitively (actually as I write this I'm watching college volleyball). I know it's not mario party and it's a fighting game and shouldn't include sports, but think of how many noobs would buy this game and once they have fun they could tell other people to get this game because of how much ****ing fun they're having. Ok maybe it won't be that fun, but I could see it as a definite possibility for the tournament scene, not like 1v1, but more like low tier, side tournament while 1v1 is trying to get started. I'm not saying that you have to agree, but just consider how much fun you would have either playing BasketBrawl with a homerun bat for the automatic basket, or using raptor boost in the air, aka Slam Dunk, to end an amazing bawlz combo to get the basket. Lol, I said bawlz combo.

Brockman5

Smash Ace
this is so stupid...its a fighting game not a basketball game...go buy nba live..if you want to play basketball so badly...

although i do like the comboing part...:)

Icarus Descent

Smash Ace
this is so stupid...its a fighting game not a basketball game...go buy nba live..if you want to play basketball so badly...

Take this guys advice...sorry it is a fighting game not b-ball game.And it never will be

DrGrimReaper

Smash Apprentice
lol@pun.

ye basketbrawl could be fun. like an ffa mode where players compete to get a smash brawl icon into a basket that randomly re-appears in various places on a given stage until a timer runs out. player with most points wins.

wo0t :D

Tingle_Stole_My_Pants

Smash Apprentice
You do know I can just hold my mouse over the link to see the first few lines of your thread, right? And if a thread titled "basketbrawl" would keep me from reading it, why would I be any happier if I actually read it?

Back on topic, I'm pretty sure someone will make a spin-off just like that sooner or later.

WFL

Smash Journeyman

First of all I stated in my second post that I know this is a fighting game and not mario party or a terrible ea sports game, but I'm not really interested in the actual basketball part of this mode. It could be called Fun Put Ball into Hoop Brawl for all I care, but tell me with a straight face that you wouldn't love to block someone's "shot" with Black Knight and then saying "None Shall Pass" and then proceed to pelvic thrust into their ear, face, etc.

Back on topic, I'm pretty sure someone will make a spin-off just like that sooner or later. (If Mario is any hint)
Actually, it's called Mario hoops 3 on 3, but that doesn't really matter because this isn't really about the basketball part. It's about the trash talk, how you can combo a ball into a hoop, owning people who have know idea what the **** to do part.

Brockman5

Smash Ace
First of all I stated in my second post that I know this is a fighting game and not mario party or a terrible ea sports game, but I'm not really interested in the actual basketball part of this mode. It could be called Fun Put Ball into Hoop Brawl for all I care, but tell me with a straight face that you wouldn't love to block someone's "shot" with Black Knight and then saying "None Shall Pass" and then proceed to pelvic thrust into their ear, face, etc.

Actually, it's called Mario hoops 3 on 3, but that doesn't really matter because this isn't really about the basketball part. It's about the trash talk, how you can combo a ball into a hoop, owning people who have know idea what the **** to do part.
Nothing against you but i just wouldnt like to see it happen...it would just take away the brawl from ssb...

There will probably be a nintendo based b-ball game with all of your fav. chars. besides 3 on 3..
and comboing is fun but thats it..

Yea i would love to pac someone and say..."GET OUT OF HERE!!!"....:)

ksadkiller

Smash Apprentice
hahaha i made that volleybrawl thread, i think its a good idea. the smash engine will work great with sports think about it

Kaburii

Smash Apprentice
I don't see how it would translate well into Japanese as the word "Brawl" isn't in the JP title :)

Also, play Tekken Tag if you want side game quirks....Tekken Chess, Tekken Bowl...chicken

Magnacor

Smash Ace
I think that there is room for some brawls that aren't all about making your opponent fall to their doom. Maybe BasketBrawl is taking it to far but perhaps King of the Hill or something?

Akiak

Smash Ace
I like the idea. Like in tekken there was volleyball. And maybe when you touch the ball it gets in your hands like an item and you can bring it to the basket. And if the basket was super high you had to footstool jump to it to get that high! That sounds awesome.

Shiny Ivysaur

Smash Journeyman
I've never played this Hominid thing, but this idea sounds kinda cool.

I'm thinking of a kirbywieght bowsersized basketball being smashed across Hyrule Temple into a basket on either side. Mario footstool jumps off kirby and Fairspikes it into the basket. His team gets 2 points. Ball regenerates on the podium, Link grappleattacks it, rolling it to the bottom, where M2 intercepts and grab-throws it back up. Link's up on the canopy on the left where it lands and grabs it with hookshot, then backthrows it towards basket while Samus Spikes it in. This sounds kinda cool...

Top Bottom