• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Basic Wolf Combos

Dustero

Smash Journeyman
What are some basic combos that you can do with Wolf? I started playing as him a couple days ago, so I'm new to him. Also besides scaring and that ledge cancel thing where you use you side B when Wolf is able to grab the ledge and that makes wolf appear above the ledge on the stage, what are some advanced tricks?

JCav

Smash Lord
probably one of the most reliable combos is nair to shine to AAA, reverse throw to fair at low damage, d throw to b, but i think its best to combo with his shine, if you play n00bs you can d throw into f smash or even shine into f smash

its kinda hard to combo someone good

Ookami-kun

Smash Ace
His down B has nice small combos. Enemies with low % can be combo'd with his utilt.

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
Don't forget dash cancelling with Wolf. It has been useful for me in a few situations. It's where you start dashing in a direction, press down on the c-stick, and IMMEDIATELY press up and z. It takes practice, but if you get it right, you will see your character slide across the floor doing an up smash. Good for some approaches.

JT_productions829

Smash Cadet
Don't forget dash cancelling with Wolf. It has been useful for me in a few situations. It's where you start dashing in a direction, press down on the c-stick, and IMMEDIATELY press up and z. It takes practice, but if you get it right, you will see your character slide across the floor doing an up smash. Good for some approaches.
The second to last sentence sounds like you are doing a hyphen smash. In case anyone doesn't know what it is, a hyphen smash is just dashing then hitting up on the c-stick which makes you do something like a dashing upsmash.

Sometimes I like to shine, fsmash, to hyphen smash. Only at low percentages and when against noobs. lol. Most of the time I play against not-so-great players and it seems to get them a lot. Then after the hyphen smash I follow up with various aerial combos depending on where the opponent flies.

Vshadow

Smash Rookie
I've heard near the edge, d-throwing the opponet off the edge into a short hop dair works sometimes.

Top Bottom