• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

basic brawl.....

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
basic brawl
BASIC brawl

No, it's not ironic at all in fact.
People don't play in basic brawl to get good. They do it because their either 8 years old, or for taunt parties.

EDIT:
I felt like adding one of these: =P

Dr.Jo2229

Smash Rookie
I rarely find any good player in basic brawl and if i do we find ourselves fighting at the left side of the stage while the other two just...play..

Dr.Jo2229

Smash Rookie
Where can i find the friend codes thingie can anybody tell me please?and the worst thing is im latin..and i dont understand the lag reduction thread...

Dohhh!!!

Smash Rookie
Basic Brawl isn't that bad. Yeah there are some morons there (i.e., Wolf, yoshi, sonic spammers, and the like) but if you get four intermediate or better players together, it makes for alot of fun and good competition. It doesn't matter that you don't know who they are. It's always good to take a break from singles and do a ffa. Don't get all wound up about it.

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
Basic Brawl isn't that bad. Yeah there are some morons there (i.e., Wolf, yoshi, sonic spammers, and the like) but if you get four intermediate or better players together, it makes for alot of fun and good competition. It doesn't matter that you don't know who they are. It's always good to take a break from singles and do a ffa. Don't get all wound up about it.
The two things i highlighted need to be taken out of this post.

Just a heads up.

As for the rest, i agree with you (but it still pisses me off...)
;)

PitMasta

Smash Journeyman
I was in a Taunt party, it went on for about 20 matches, then i got disconnected

Those players were awesome =(

True Sonic

Smash Cadet
I came to this website expecting people that play super smash brothers for fun.

boy was i wrong.

ToiletRoll

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RiskyR
I play it for fun XD

Its lyk pokemon i take seriously =p

*look at sig Goddangit!!* lol

Sonikku the Pikachu

Smash Rookie
"Basic Brawl isn't that bad."

it is where I am.

"four intermediate or better players together, it makes for alot of fun and good competition"I acually enjoy doing ffa with some of the people I have on my list I just can't enjoy BB

Pikatwo

Smash Rookie
Some of the most skilled players i've seen online were in taunt parties.
But really, basic brawl is fun most of the time. For me, team brawl seems to have better players, but more lag.

Even when people suck in basic brawl, I can somehow tell that they are trying their best. If one thing doesn't work they switch tactics, they learn.
I can't say the same abount most Ike, Lucas and Zelda players i've seen though. The Ikes just use Fsmash, the Zeldas always use sideB, and the lucas players get all of their KOs through their upsmash. (I'm not being biased here, heck Lucas is one of my favourite characters.)
When someone doesn't play and just leaves their character standing there, it's always the Ike, Lucas and Zelda players that kill them.

Not that all Ike, Lucas and Zelda players are like that though.

Basic brawl is unpredictable, you can fight competativly (yes you can), or just have a bunch of fun. You never know what you'll find.

Ninja Sheikah

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
5455-9559-3780
Well I think its because theres no reason to try. If I win I don't get anything, If I lose I don't get anything. If only there was something to strive for I believe people would actually try.

~Peachy~

Creator of delicious desserts
Some of the most skilled players i've seen online were in taunt parties.
♥I actually find that true. ;)

♥In my experience, most of the people who try fighting through a taunt party are the ones who are of lesser skill while the ones who join in have the potential to 3-stock the party crasher.That is..... if they wanted to and there were actually stocks. ;)

♥This thread is a week old...

TEECO

Smash Ace
They all spam smashes and they are noobs, for the most part.
I fkn LOL though when they act stupid. (spam dtilt with ness, break thier own shields, taunt together)

Pink_Yoshi

Smash Rookie
When I'm bored, I play Basic Brawl. I know it sucks because of all the above comments, but still, most show people to show some respect for Yoshi.

stratele

Smash Apprentice
I play it cause its quicker than the regular brawl with friend codes. (as long as you find players)

I win 90% of matches, yeh most people arnt that good but thats because they are either young or very casual.

Shadow_of_Link

Smash Apprentice
I occasionally use Basic Brawl to find at least decent players (I have found 1 or 2 before), but mainly for screwing around and stuff, especially in lag.

Top Bottom