• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BASHCon XXV Gaming Convention - February 19-21st - University of Toledo - Toledo, OH

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
Awesome tournament. 27 players showed up for Melee, 28 for Brawl, and each payed a $5 entry fee/$2 venue fee. (And entry into the Con.) Let me know if I got any names or characters wrong!

MELEE SINGLES

(27 players)

1. Roel Valle (HoChiMinh) :popo: ($81)

2. Josh Patterson :falco: :marth: ($40.50)

3. Tyler Dennis :fox: ($13.50)

4. Wes Herr (Dr. D) :dk2: :ganondorf:

BRAWL SINGLES

(28 players)

1. (DarkLouis) :wolf: :snake: :diddy: ($84) (Lost first GF set 2-3 and won second GF set 3-1)

2. Zach Menden :yoshi2: ($42)

3. Korey Morris :dk2: :luigi2: ($14)

4. Corey Picknicki :metaknight:

VIDS AND PICS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sUdMCD6SSY

Last edited:

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
Shoutouts:

Wes :ganondorf: :dk2:- Epic match. Looking back...I should've stayed Sheik against your Ganon in match 3. But...I guess it turned out pretty awesome in the end. You really learned how to use UpB with DK. It showed in match 2. Too close...1 stock each in match 3. Looking forward to more smashing in the BASH office.

Dojo :mario2: :shiek:- Friendlies were fun, wish I could've talked to you a little more. Sounds like you got a really tough spot in the bracket. It's crazy that you ended up living only about a block or 2 away from my house. We'll definitely have to Smash sometime when both of our schedules allow some free time.

HoChiMinh :popo:- Congrats on winning the tournament. From what I saw, your IC's are most certainly ****.

Anthony Young :drmario:- Good set in the losers' bracket, you seem like a friendly guy. I haven't really played a good Dr. Mario yet, no Johns. lol

Josh Patterson :falcon: :peach: :jigglypuff: :fox: :falco: :mario2: :marth:- Like Coca told me...you **** with many different characters. I can see why you made it to the finals. Thanks for the friendlies afterward.

Coca :marth: :falcon: :kirby2:- Your Kirby beat my Falco in friendlies. I'm a little confused... o.o

DL :falco: :shiek: :link2:- You still suck, you effing scrub. xD Seriously...you're still long overdue on getting a life. I hope you get ***** at Brawl tomorrow. :p

BASH :pichu: - Great job. Everything ran very smoothly and I'm sure noone expected this kind of turnout. Thanks for setting this up and I was glad to advertise this and gather a great group of players for the tournaments.

Good stuff everyone and thanks so much again for coming. Hopefully everyone took something away from it. Most of you guys probably don't care about Brawl because you're not coming tomorrow lol, but I'm eager to see what happens tomorrow.

HoChiMinhTrail

Smash Master
Yea, good games to everyone i played.

Dojo - I'll let you know when we are gonna have our MSU tourney, you can come up with some people and we will go bar hopping or some ****.

Louis - Thx for organizing this thing, too bad we didn't get to play friendlies.

Josh Patterson - You are pretty **** good dude, a lil more tourney experience and you'd be beating my nub ***.

State guys - thx for coming down with me, good times.

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
Do it and come to MSU to show us how its done.

GGs everyone I played. Wish we could have had more "free play," but its all good.

1der - GG's. Next time we play I'll be ready for your falco. Hope to see you again soon at an AA or MSU tourny.

Glad I could come out, it was a lot of fun.

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
Brawl Shoutouts from me will come later. TONS of stuff to say. The BASH officers are kicking us out of the tournament room as I type, so I've g2g.

SharkAttack :yoshi2: - Good to see you again. We'll have to Smash with Bob and Reuben sometime. You're getting better...I can see it. Good stuff against Metaknight, you just need to be a little more patient and watch for tornado. Maybe if you saw Zelda's UpSmash coming, things would've ended up different. lol

J Thunda! :marth: - It's been a long time since I've seen you at the library tournament last August. Sorry you got taken out early, and nice talking to you.

Jeremy "Freedom" :olimar: - I struggled with you at the very beginning of the match, but you got my Snake down to 1-stock. Mad props. Work on your grab game...Olimar pretty much has the best grab in the game. Camp more too.

Amanda :lucario: - Fun set in the winners' semifinals. First time I ever pulled out my Diddy in a tournament.

Jasmine :pit: - Top 8 out of 28 people? First tournament? You did better than I did at my first tournament. >.<

Korey :dk2: :luigi2: - You placed in the top 3 this time instead of 4th! (In a tournament with tougher competition than last time.) Your DK looks legit. Definitely getting better.

Bobby :metaknight: - You really scared me in our set. The first close set I've had locally in a loooong time.

Zach :yoshi2: - Once I first saw you play, I knew we were going to meet higher up in the bracket sooner or later. Both of us displayed amazing adaptation. Mad props for taking a set off of me in the grand finals and getting past my Snake. A very inspiring match and I wish I could've got it on tape. I'll definitely remember it.

Louis :wolf: :snake: :diddy: - Maybe you should main Wolf again. And you still suck HORRIBLY...effing scrub. Never take anything for granted. Treat every match like it's M2K on the other side.

REALLY GOOD stuff Toledo. You really stepped it up a few notches from last time, and we're even attracting some out-of-city/state players. Hopefully there's another tournament soon. :)

Last edited:

anthony000

Smash Journeyman
GG to everyone I played. It was mad fun. Wish me and Tremor had got recorded. Set was too good.

Louis: Yeah just shoot more lasers. Honestly, I was terrified game 1 when we randomed FD. GGs

VVK

Smash Rookie
First off mad props to everyone who showed up at the tourney our area has some pretty sweet players and I enjoyed watching you all play.

Congrats Louis on your win you definetely deserved it your snake is a beast! At least I can take solice in the fact that you were the one to beat me. Ill try to come by the bash club more often for melee friendlies and if you ever want to play brawl hit me up im usually available the numbers 216-571-0580 that goes for anyone else in the area, im always up for some smash. P.S. my names bobby not anthony lol

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
First off mad props to everyone who showed up at the tourney our area has some pretty sweet players and I enjoyed watching you all play.

Congrats Louis on your win you definetely deserved it your snake is a beast! At least I can take solice in the fact that you were the one to beat me. Ill try to come by the bash club more often for melee friendlies and if you ever want to play brawl hit me up im usually available the numbers 216-571-0580 that goes for anyone else in the area, im always up for some smash. P.S. my names bobby not anthony lol
I'm so sorry! D: I'm horrible with names apparently. I'll fix it right away.

I'm (usually) in the BASH office from 3:30-6:30 on Mondays and Wednesdays. Sometimes I stay after on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3:40-whenever. Same goes for Fridays from 2:00-whenever. I have a couple papers that are due by the end of the semester I should probably get started on though...so my time may be more limited now. We can definitely play some Melee/Brawl sometime in the office. I added your phone number.

If I find some tournaments in MI or OH (Or if Toledo creates more of their own), maybe I can carpool some people from Toledo/Bedford sometime and we'll all pitch in for gas or something. The people I've played in Central MI are mad good at Brawl...

P.S. - Welcome to Smashboards.

Last edited:

CptDiabetes

Smash Cadet
im kinda dissapointed that crash or riazzi werent there. I was looking forward to playing them both.

OMG! LOUIS YOURE A ***** FOR WINNING BRAWL...oh well, guess ill have to try to get dk better in brawl

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
im kinda dissapointed that crash or riazzi werent there. I was looking forward to playing them both.

OMG! LOUIS YOURE A ***** FOR WINNING BRAWL...oh well, guess ill have to try to get dk better in brawl
Riazzi showed up for Brawl during the Grand Finals. But it took so long to finish, so he left. 45 minutes. Talk about mental strain/torture...but amazing **** happened. lol We had to go 2 sets bc the winner of losers' bracket had to beat me twice.

We were going to have an epic battle...he said it himself lol

BASHCon XXIV Champ vs BASHCon XXV Champ =( lol

I'm editing the videos. Part 1's finished. Tomorrow I have homework to do, and I'm tired, so I may not get much farther with that project. I may stop at BASHCon again on Sunday if I'm bored.

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
Wow! The Brawl Grand Finals took 45 minutes. I so wish I didn't have to work. I saw only the first match and a half of it.

Louis: Congradulatons on your tourament win. That's two straight for you now in Toledo for Brawl.

Zack: Awsome Yoshi! You've got a lot of techs down and have great patience and strategy in your matches. Amazing you were able to take a set in the Grand Finals. Our Yoshi Ditto match was fun. Your Yoshi definately inspired me to get better at Brawl.

Robert: Our set before the elite 8 was epic. You figured out my playstyle quick and dominated the last match of the set. I'm finally glad to have battled a Metaknight in a tournament to know how good one really is. Nice Zelda and Shiek too. Before that match I had never battled one period besides a level 9 CPU.

I wish I knew the names of everyone else I brawled or watched. Great matches.

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
Wow! The Brawl Grand Finals took 45 minutes. I so wish I didn't have to work. I saw only the first match and a half of it.

Louis: Congradulatons on your tourament win. That's two straight for you now in Toledo for Brawl.

Zack: Awsome Yoshi! You've got a lot of techs down and have great patience and strategy in your matches. Amazing you were able to take a set in the Grand Finals. Our Yoshi Ditto match was fun. Your Yoshi definately inspired me to get better at Brawl.

Robert: Our set before the elite 8 was epic. You figured out my playstyle quick and dominated the last match of the set. I'm finally glad to have battled a Metaknight in a tournament to know how good one really is. Nice Zelda and Shiek too. Before that match I had never battled one period besides a level 9 CPU.

I wish I knew the names of everyone else I brawled or watched. Great matches.
Yeah, it lasted 9 matches, about 45 minutes. I was sweating a tad after it was all over. It's crazy how something like this can tire you out. During set 1, he won 3-2 after I SD'd by using Wolf's illusion off the edge on Frigate Orpheon in game 5. I hate when that happens. It was a very un-epic way to finish the set. :( He was up 1-0 in set 2, but I ended up winning the next 3. Amazing Yoshi, he's very patient. And mad props for that kind of showing after me 3-0'ing him in the winners' finals earlier.

Dojomaster2

Smash Cadet
Hochiminh - Too bad we didnt get a chance for a friendly but congrats on the win and let me know about a MSU tourney and ill be there "Bashcon is serious business"

Louis- Yeah got the tough draw but its all good it was fun thanks for gettin this all set up bro.

Wes - "What I killed you at 0%" "Oh no sudden death" was too fun man good playin with you

Anthony Young - Dont get hit by sheiks up b twice lol naw was a good set man ur docs legit

Josh Patterson - Dude you rocked me so hard first match jv4 never feels good lol

Toadster5

Smash Journeyman
Josh Patterson - Nice Falco, but I'll get you next time! haha but seriously ggs

Wes - DK vs Fox is tough but just keep playin and you'll get it

DarkLouis - Thanks for arranging this thing, I don't think I actually got to meet you though

This is Tyler Dennis btw

CptDiabetes

Smash Cadet
Hochiminh - Too bad we didnt get a chance for a friendly but congrats on the win and let me know about a MSU tourney and ill be there "Bashcon is serious business"

Louis- Yeah got the tough draw but its all good it was fun thanks for gettin this all set up bro.

Wes - "What I killed you at 0%" "Oh no sudden death" was too fun man good playin with you

Anthony Young - Dont get hit by sheiks up b twice lol naw was a good set man ur docs legit

Josh Patterson - Dude you rocked me so hard first match jv4 never feels good lol

lmao, good **** man. I had alot of fun playing u in friendlies, that last match we had was awesome. We should totally hang out and smash.

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
Trying to get the vids up. School is kicking my ***. I was in the process of uploading the first one while I was asleep last night, but I had to cancel the upload to finish Spanish homework I just remembered.

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
Trying to get the vids up. School is kicking my ***. I was in the process of uploading the first one while I was asleep last night, but I had to cancel the upload to finish Spanish homework I just remembered.
That's alright. When you do get the videos up though I'll be looking forward to watching the finals matches that I had to miss because of work...that is if someone was recording while you and Zack were Brawlin. The Melee vids will be entertaining as well.

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
That's alright. When you do get the videos up though I'll be looking forward to watching the finals matches that I had to miss because of work...that is if someone was recording while you and Zack were Brawlin. The Melee vids will be entertaining as well.
I couldn't get the finals matches for Brawl. :( However, I do have the Melee finals up. Whenever I clear everything on my memory card, there's 15 minutes worth of video I can take.

CptDiabetes

Smash Cadet
lmao...ur poor sd card. i have one of my own, but i think its only 512 mb. :/
BUT, are the melee finals on ur youtube account? Again, i apologize for bothering you so much about this.

zachisasian

Smash Rookie
gg's to the people i played.

there needs to be more tournies around here though, the closest ones are usually in ann arbor.

Top Bottom