• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Banned Miiverse Users Annonymous

Do you think a 2 week ban is an appropriate time span?

• Yes

Votes: 23 54.8%
  • No

Votes: 19 45.2%

• Total voters

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I love how saying PM gets you a warning for illegal activity.

Especially when I'm referring to Paper Mario or something completely unrelated.
Yeah, as was mentioned before, PM could mean other things, like "Paper Mario", the time (3:00 PM), private message, among other things.

Booster

Smash Lord
For posting sexual innuendos like I did? No because those are commonplace. I got banned for that

DatKarpTho

Smash Rookie
All that demonstrates is that you don't learn.
Little late replying here, but this demonstrates nothing, other than the fact I don't word my posts correctly. I meant the same post, saying that "Waluigi is too elegant for Smash" complete with a drawing of Waluigi in a Rosalina costume. Deleted for hateful/bullying. That post was taken down five times.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Do you think you could get reported for posting the leaked roster? Just a thought.
Well I got a warning for telling people that Mega Sceptile and Mega Swampert were a thing. So if you aren't careful then you probably could be banned.

I got perma-banned just before E3 because I speculated on what characters would be shown. Apparently people don't like it when you bring up Ridley, Palutena and K Rool. So falsely reported by some snotty little kid. I think the reason was for hateful content/bullying. It would help if the admins and mods for Miiverse actually existed and read the reported posts. Not that I care. I was getting fed up with the ignorant 6 year olds and Shrek lovers running the place.

DatKarpTho

Smash Rookie
And yet, you kept putting up Waluigi in a dress, despite it being taken down 5 times.

I think you just proved my point.
You aren't getting it. I posted Elegant Waluigi ONCE. That SINGLE post. Got taken down Five times. I never posted elegant Waluigi after that. It was one post.

Gamecube Kid

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SuperSonicX2014
3DS FC
3325-3644-1635
You aren't getting it. I posted Elegant Waluigi ONCE. That SINGLE post. Got taken down Five times. I never posted elegant Waluigi after that. It was one post.
LOL when I deleted my comment that contained a friend code I deleted it myself and somehow the admins deleted. How is that even possible cause that's like kissing your own face.

UberTuber145

Smash Rookie
As of this post, a few hours ago I was very depressed to see that I had gotten perma'd. I got depressed because I love drawing on there and sharing it with people. I then got desperate (And also was tired at the time) and formatted so that I could link my alt and go on Miiverse again. I then realized that If I linked another account, I wouldn't have my games. (Please tell me if I can have my games and my alt at the same time) Then, I remembered that you have to test the 3D while setting up your "new" 3DS. Unfortunately, a little tab having to do with the turning on of the 3D was broken. I now have to open my 3DS later and manually slide up the 3D. By the way, the reason I got perma'd was because I posted part of the "You're vs. Your" lyrics by Jacksfilms and got falsely reported. There is my story.

Last edited:

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
Never been banned here. I got a warning for accidentally mentioning the
secret levels in SM3DW (lol)

I love listening to stories of people getting banned. I tend to be cautious because Miiverse is the sole method I have of taking screenshots on the WiiU. Usually, a lot of little kids harass me about stupid stuff and I feel like if I respond telling them to screw off, I'd get banned. I got a WiiU already knowing that the community would be crap (like seriously, if you didn't expect that...) so I don't let any of that bother me.

Carrill

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3325-2718-4699
@ DatKarpTho DatKarpTho

Hm... I fail to see what's wrong with posting Waluigi in a dress. I've seen plenty of fanservice-y drawings of the female characters of Smash and those weren't removed.

Gamecube Kid

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SuperSonicX2014
3DS FC
3325-3644-1635
Miiverse logic: havng a prefrence that is unfavored is now bullying and you should be perma'd. LOL

Doogle

Smash Rookie
NNID
iamdoogle
3DS FC
3265-5178-3310
Inviting your friends round to play the Wii U and going to the toilet is never a good idea. Mario penises galore. The worst (or best?) part is they don't delete them from your view which I find hilarious.

And then I posted "shut up" on his post jokingly and got a warning for that too and a temp ban. Arsehole friends.

Shog

Smash Ace
Well, I do not want to get banned because I couldn't share stages later with you guys :)

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I at this point of time have not been banned (yet). However I did get a warning for spoilers. Specifically in an old post about Oracle of Ages (due to the fact that I had the Long Hook out).

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I've posted a lot on Miiverse while I'll was following the Pic of the Day, and even amongst the chaos, I've actually met some pretty cool people there. I've never been banned once; but there are some serious problems with the administration.

I'll say this now; at least some of the admins are bots.
- All of them are faceless, nameless, and never say anything directly. They just pull from the same reservoir of quotes every time.
- They keep little control over Miiverse as a whole. The Smash Community was bad before Smash 3DS came out, but look at the Zelda series community now that all the spammers needed to find a new home. How come the administration has done nothing about that yet?
- I know someone who was attacked by a sudden amount of deleted post, banning his account. He made a secondary account that only specific people knew about. He posted only in his activity feed with this account. However, it was banned in little time as well, despite him saying nothing wrong. He still post on Miiverse today with a third account, but he changed his name and mii completely.
- One time, some guy called "The Bard" came around the Super Smash Bros Series community and started up this thing he called "Miiverse After Dark". I don't think I need to explain. It quickly rose in popularity, and even though The Bard got banned several times, and even though the post that were really bad were deleted, nothing else was really done about it.

If they are real people, they're really lousy compared to all the forum moderators I've had experience with.

Toon612Link

Smash Journeyman
I was the Waluigi agents of miiverse... Me and a few friends created 70+ accounts and spammed miiverse for 3 days straight. We onnly did it to counter shokio's revolution. We said things like #TurnMiiversePurple and #WaluigiForSSB4 We even had a website... its been long abandoned now http://happypurpleism.weebly.com/
Anyway I am console banned now :(

Last edited:

Minuy600

Smash Apprentice
I got warned once because I was angry for someone who left in the middle of a race in my communtiy in Mario Kart 7. Well, that WAS kind of a good reason to warn me. And some of the reasons that you guys brought up were also kind of appropiate to be warned/banned.

Master Knight DH

Smash Journeyman
I've posted a lot on Miiverse while I'll was following the Pic of the Day, and even amongst the chaos, I've actually met some pretty cool people there. I've never been banned once; but there are some serious problems with the administration.

- All of them are faceless, nameless, and never say anything directly. They just pull from the same reservoir of quotes every time.
- They keep little control over Miiverse as a whole. The Smash Community was bad before Smash 3DS came out, but look at the Zelda series community now that all the spammers needed to find a new home. How come the administration has done nothing about that yet?
- I know someone who was attacked by a sudden amount of deleted post, banning his account. He made a secondary account that only specific people knew about. He posted only in his activity feed with this account. However, it was banned in little time as well, despite him saying nothing wrong. He still post on Miiverse today with a third account, but he changed his name and mii completely.
- One time, some guy called "The Bard" came around the Super Smash Bros Series community and started up this thing he called "Miiverse After Dark". I don't think I need to explain. It quickly rose in popularity, and even though The Bard got banned several times, and even though the post that were really bad were deleted, nothing else was really done about it.

If they are real people, they're really lousy compared to all the forum moderators I've had experience with.
Amen to that.

Here's my experience with the Kid Icarus Uprising Miiverse board: all the gameplay posts are about is how to build more powerful weapons, which is absolutely not interactive. It's just promotion of nothing more than what amounts to being a contest of who has the biggest...you know what. It's telling when Evasion+ is deemed not broken at all by its competitive community. For those who aren't in the know, here's what Evasion+ is like:

You know how Smash 4's rolls in general tend to be so annoying to punish? Yeah, well, guess what? At base level, Kid Icarus Uprising's dodge moves have the same frame data, both in invincibility frames and duration aside from KIU's dodge moves having invincibility at the very start. Which actually isn't the big deal, no, because that would be too simple. What is the problem needs me to point out that Smash 4's rolls and KIU's dodge moves have 30 frames of uninterruptible duration, and 22 frames of invincibility. Evasion+, for each point, adds TWENTY-FIVE PERCENT OF THE BASE INVINCIBILITY AMOUNT. That is not an exaggeration, and if you couldn't tell from the math, this means that +2 is enough to let the invincibility last right into another dodge move and its own extended invincibility that results in an infinite loop upon dodge spam. Yes, that's ridiculous. KIU does prevent dodge moves from being used just on command, but even ignoring that bit of bad design, it doesn't keep them from being spammable, let alone to the point where Evasion+ is the most broken thing in KIU, EASILY, and believe me, that says something. It instagibs anything just for having low mobility or close range reliance, punishes you for using powers like Mega Laser or (WHY) Black Hole, and drags out matches beyond belief when the abuser actually is inept enough to not turn it into its very capable ugly abuse. This sort of thing would only be acceptable for a power that would be very easy to Grid Read, if that, but instead, Sora Ltd. had to put it on a 30 Value mod for +4. There's no reason it should be on a mod, period.

And I've actually defeated an entire Japanese team who had abused Evasion+ when using the freaking Skyscraper Club. Let me tell you that trying to do so is absolutely NOT FUN. It's degenerate because you have to catch them burned out. It takes God knows how long for that to happen, and since KIU's matches are supposed to be fast-paced, this results in the match outlasting all the power usage. Given the game tried--too hard in fact--to make the power system a core mechanic, you can see how degenerate this becomes.

Naturally, you can see why I'd leave rooms where an unrepentant Evasion+ abuser is hanging around no matter which side I'm on. I did this with somebody who turned out to be a guy named T. Turamber, who bragged about his "win" which was absolutely lopsided even before his own Evasion+ abuse. He said that, no, I just left myself wide open and I just suck at the game. Even though he had a teammate with his own broken weapon--Brawler Claws if you're wondering--while my teammates were AI garbage for him and his teammate to turn into target practice. Nope, I had used powers to prepare for a melee rush just after the Brawler Claws guy used Super Armor and Lightweight, and somehow I deserve to be told I left myself open for having a "weak" weapon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNpr8CMI38E
You can tell I totally leave myself open by getting frustrated by a spam of 6% projectiles somehow. Of course, the problem is, in KIU, projectiles are so powerful. I know KIU is a shooter, but that's not an excuse to make projectiles able to deal the damage they deal as a whole if you're going to have a weapon family that can't rapid fire.

The clincher is, I wasn't going to take the string of LvDs that was from seriously at all, because weapon modifiers as a whole had proven imbalanced enough to warrant a 7K word blog post, which by the way people have not tried to deconstruct, and no, throwing ad hominems around doesn't count as effort. But T. Turamber wanted to abuse his popularity and brag about a so-called "win" knowing that everybody would defend that case of blatant fraudulence akin to building a tower with a very flimsy base and then knocking it down as a display of one's own strength. That guy is needless to say a walking Berserk Button for me.

Fast forward to some time later when I would post some re-balance suggestions for KIU and people would tell me that I'm a troll. I'm a troll for wanting a game to be much better balanced than what we got. Wh-oh guess who was posting that nonsense? T. Turamber, or should we call him Troll Turambler. So I call him and the creator of the topic involving the stupidity out for their abrasive ****, and oh look, I get BANNED and the two of them get off scott free. Because apparently I was harassing people who were in fact the ones doing the harassment. And naturally, the userbase predictably had humor exploiting that I got banned. They even indulged in mockery using IMPERSONATION. They have done that stupidity before too, and I had reported them THEN to no effect.

Oh, and by the way, among the non-gameplay posts, there was a post with a screenshot of Dark Pit and Amazon Pandora taken out of context to make it sound like they were making love. Freaking Young Justice's scene of Artemis talking to Wally while wearing clearly no underwear and a shirt big enough to suggest it actually belongs to Wally is subtle compared to that. It, along with stuff like that, has not, to this day, been removed.

No, seriously, if Nintendo can't police something they need to get under control, they need to shut it down, period.

Dhillz521

Smash Apprentice
I got a warning for posting my Wii Fit Community (They got mad because I put Join Now in it LOL)
F**King Miiverse. Also you guys thought this was bad what about that Miiverse stage in smash?

Last edited:

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion

Using Miiverse is like being at a really neat party where everyone has shock collars if they pass the acceptable boundaries and will trigger security to drag you away if you keep doing it. Logging in brings up throes of anxiety that I'll be greeted by an admin notification or a ban message. And that's especially bad since I genuinely love Miiverse.

The new ban policies make it even more egregious and basically nullify the purpose of alt accounts. Ironically, alt accounts aren't condemned by the Miiverse Code of Conduct. It's like you put a soft rule against them. Also, what if I'm a rule-abiding user sharing a console with a banned user? You'll get just as much punishment for the actions of another, even if you have a spotless record or password protection. Gods forbid I can't play online games or browse the net because of a ban!

From using the service for years, I can tell you that the only way you'll get the most out of Miiverse is if you're an artist. It's the only way I've made a name for myself and met great friends though. It feels like we art community pretty much subsumes the entire experience at time, with little enclaves of talented people commingling across the cluttered mess of communities and profiles. You could get along as someone who's friendly with artists and posts casually to regularly. Yet the only person I've seen who actually made something off the use Nintendo designed Miiverse for in the first place (sharing game inf & tips, discussing games) is Diane.

My own addendum on your points:

-Once I submitted a consumer webform to Nintendo requesting them to lift a wrongful report against my account. It took under and hour to get my automated response, in which I'm directed to call Nintendo Customer Support. It takes a few minutes to get connected to a live person. The lady I got connected with was actually very comfortable to speak with and answered all my questions in detail. She said she could submit requests to some board that handles the admins for them to take a second look and possibly lift the report. Just a thing to keep in mind: if you have an account on the same system and/or it's related to a banned NNID on the system, the admins may issue you a permaban if they deem so. She mentioned something about a "yellow card" the admins mark down on accounts that has to due with warnings or something.
-Say hello to the Wii Fit U community! It's basically become Miiverse's /b/. I can see this being problematic for communities that have people posting content from games at least. I guess the admins won't really do anything unless it goes against the rules.
-Ah, The Bard. Actually interacted with him a little bit until he went under a new name (probably because his ass was in hot water with MAD). Even had his last authentic Bard account follow me! Considering just about everything he posted was beckoning to be reported, there's no other way to really defend his actions besides the fact that he was doing it to poke fun at the strict adminship or prudes.

Swampertrulz

Smash Lord
NNID
Swampertrulz
3DS FC
3883-9003-2472
I got permabanned by some racist guy. It sucks being banned from Miiverse cuz I some really good friends there :glare:

ThePuffDaddy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
flashman69
I made a troll thread saying that Playstation All Stars came before smash and was ripped off on by Nintendo. Too many kids got mad about it and reported the hell out of me I didn't even say anything bad, however the post got do popular it was on the popular post section for a day.

カワシさん

The funny thing to me is that I feel Miiverse doesn't take care of things enough. If you don't believe me just go to the Miiverse stage in Smash. The mods seemingly rely on the community, which is good and bad. Not everyone in Miiverse has good judgement and common sense, and many tend to false report to troll. Others (thankfully) ARE mature. I personally am getting sick of reporting post... just.. so.. many.. bad.. posts!

Now I just hope no one false reports my support messages that were in Japanese... .-.

PokÉmblem

Smash Apprentice
NNID
wolfvdc
3DS FC
4553-9960-0926
Miiverse should delete your old notifications since I did a lot of stupid things when miiverse first started like ask for a friend codes few times or saying slightly off things. Now they banned me for saying troll and linking nintendo's website. Really? Not to mention I got reported for saying "p*****" and yes I put exactly that not the word and ironically this is the exact post: "Reminder that I get banned for saying troll but people draw P****' and don't"

I also got banned for mentioning project m and I think I have one more notification until a perma ban.

Last edited:

spamwichx

Smash Cadet
NNID
samantharrgh
i realised when miiverse was a ****ty place when i went into the cooking mama forum and tried to be funny by drawing a pic of mama being angry because she burnt her food. that post promptly got taken off and i got a warning. it was the first post i ever made on the damn place. they're making that place only welcome to little kids. ugh.

D

Deleted member

The rules on Miiverse aren't that hard to follow tbh. I suggest not posting on Miiverse if you do not like the rules there. It's an official company's product and is ran by a company, not the fans.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I've been banned on Miiverse only once since I started the service. Haven't been using it much in recent months mainly because of...well...Miiverse logics.

PKFreeze89

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Scizor711
3DS FC
4742-5952-7792
I got permabanned for saying "hey hacker" on that Splatoon hacker's profile.

Her profile got deleted and I got permabanned, I sent an email to Nintendo asking if they can do something and they gave me an number to call. Idk if I should do that cause Im feeling it's not gonna be a good experience and they won't give back the Miiverse access to my NNID. What should I do?

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
I've actually been banned twice on Miiverse (heh...it's not like its happened here before...). I'm glad I did though, I seldom use the service outside of posting pictures on 3DS and Wii U games. Most of the users are fourth graders anyway.
I got permabanned for saying "hey hacker" on that Splatoon hacker's profile.

Her profile got deleted and I got permabanned, I sent an email to Nintendo asking if they can do something and they gave me an number to call. Idk if I should do that cause Im feeling it's not gonna be a good experience and they won't give back the Miiverse access to my NNID. What should I do?
I'd call anyway. No harm in trying.

Top Bottom