• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

Quidohmi

Smash Apprentice
Honestly, the Google crew makes a ton of sense to me, even down to a hypothetical release schedule. The volume of M-rated dudes isn't a breaker for me either considering our literal fighter pass opener comes from a series that famously features a giant green **** demon.

Doomguy and Banjo would make for a bombshell E3 double reveal.

Hayabusa gets a middle of the road Pac-Man esque reveal further down the line. Not particularly world shattering but garnering a reasonably positive response.

Artorias could be the "DARK SOULS IS IN SMASH" finisher.
I don't know if it's been asked but has Artorias ever been in any other leaks? If he was revealed before the other three would that be kind of a soft-confirm?

Rubberfrog

Smash Apprentice
I don't know if it's been asked but has Artorias ever been in any other leaks? If he was revealed before the other three would that be kind of a soft-confirm?
There was one that simply said that Artorias is the 2nd DLC character. I cant find the source though.

Mr. Stagg

Ay ugly! Gimme back my friggen sister!
Well, it might be fake, but some insiders still say Banjo could get in.
The ones we know so far is:
Rand Al Thor, a leaker who said Banjo is in from "a very reliable person". He made his claim around late December.

Indie Gamer Chick, an indie enthusiast who makes indie bundles for Microsoft. Made a tweet heavily implying Banjo was getting in before deleating it a few hours later. Has recently been supported by Sabi and soft confirmed she was going in for Banjo.

Sabi/Polarpanda: Used to go in for Steve but has less confidence about that now. Wont go fully in for Banjo, but has revealed that an "old leaker from the Smash 4 days" told her Banjo's in. Has made confident claims that Rare Replay is coming to Switch.

Ryze: Insider in Resetera who is confident for Banjo but not officially leaking him, just opinion, but we take those.

Papagenos: Claims to have a source that was confused during the Grinch leak because it had Banjo but not Incineroar.

Phil Spencer: Not a leaker or anything, but has supported Banjo for Smash for years. I'm counting this as support for us.

These are people that have supported or announced Banjo for smash. The theories that could point further on our favor is the Loot Crate Theory, and the Google Theory.

The Loot Crate theory took place about a month or so ago where a Banjo-Kazooie item was advertised for that months crate. All seemed fine until a meme post on twitter referencing Banjo for Smash bros appeared on the Loot Crate Twitter. One the same day, both the Twitter post and the Banjo-Kazooie item were taken down.

The Google Theory was when it was discovered that an ad for the fighters pass would show up on European google searches if you search for Banjo, Artorias, Ruy Hyabusa, Joker, and Doom Slayer with the prefix of Smash Bros as well. This could only be done if search history was turned off, cleared and VPN's were disabled while on the European google servers. Currently no other name except those 5 characters made the ad pop up after hundreds were tested. Right now, those names were added as "Negative Keywords" meaning the ad would not show up with those 5 names. As it stands, the Google theory could possibly be fake, but doing that would entail tons of monetary and possible legal costs. Various Google employees have contradicted themselves, one claiming that Ads can only be used if the ad buyer has copyright control where the other stated that it could be faked and used Amazon ads as their reasoning, though that is hardly a actual debunking and more of a weak counter-theory.

Im sure there are various text leaks and such from 4chan, but those are about as reliable as a boat made of bread. That is all I know in regards to our duo.

Anyone got more to add to the pile?

Darkbeard

Smash Apprentice
I really hope we get some news or leaks officially soon. Never have we been this close to Banjo making it, but since I was a stern Isaac supporter last year, Ill handle it more gracefully than I did before if things don't pan out as we hope like how last time went for me.....
With regards to Isaac, I know a Mii outfit feels like a consolation prize, but at least it's something. For example, I never had high hopes for Ray Mk III being playable, but I was pleasantly surprised to have a Mii outfit for him. Sure it's not as good as the real thing, but it's better than nothing for the less-blockbuster-y characters. Plus the Miis actually have decent/fun movesets.

Last edited:

Quidohmi

Smash Apprentice
With regards to Isaac, I know a Mii outfit feels like a consolation prize, but at least it's something. For example, I never had high hopes for Ray Mk III being playable, but I was pleasantly surprised to have a Mii outfit for him. Sure it's not as good as the real thing, but it's better than nothing for the less-blockbuster-y characters. Plus the Miis actually have decent/fun movesets.
If Banjo got a Mii costume I'd feel sick to my stomach, tbh. If Shantae got one I'd be disappointed but I'd get over it. There's a certain caliber of character that if they were relegated to a Mii costume I think it would be worse than if they just weren't in the game at all. Banjo is one of those characters.

JonSmash

Smash Ace
I'm shcoked shovle knight never got a mii sword fighter outfit & a shaunte one would be cool

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Honestly, the Google crew makes a ton of sense to me, even down to a hypothetical release schedule. The volume of M-rated dudes isn't a breaker for me either considering our literal fighter pass opener comes from a series that famously features a giant green **** demon.

Hayabusa gets a middle of the road Pac-Man esque reveal further down the line. Not particularly world shattering but garnering a reasonably positive response.

Finishing it off with a bang? Nah, that's not Sakurai's style. You gotta end the roster with the least hype characters so you put Hayabusa at the end.

If Banjo got a Mii costume I'd feel sick to my stomach, tbh. If Shantae got one I'd be disappointed but I'd get over it. There's a certain caliber of character that if they were relegated to a Mii costume I think it would be worse than if they just weren't in the game at all. Banjo is one of those characters.
I would literally throw up if Banjo only got a mii costume or if Steve got in and had a Banjo outfit. We would be living in the worst timeline. Fingers crossed that we don't live in that timeline.

Darkbeard

Smash Apprentice
Banjo & Kazooie are far and away blockbuster-caliber characters. It absolutely wouldn't sit right just giving them a Mii outfit - especially since none of the Mii fighter archetypes would be suitable. I was careful to make that distinction. :ness:

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Rand Al Thor, a leaker who said Banjo is in from "a very reliable person". He made his claim around late December.

Indie Gamer Chick, an indie enthusiast who makes indie bundles for Microsoft. Made a tweet heavily implying Banjo was getting in before deleating it a few hours later. Has recently been supported by Sabi and soft confirmed she was going in for Banjo.

Sabi/Polarpanda: Used to go in for Steve but has less confidence about that now. Wont go fully in for Banjo, but has revealed that an "old leaker from the Smash 4 days" told her Banjo's in. Has made confident claims that Rare Replay is coming to Switch.

Ryze: Insider in Resetera who is confident for Banjo but not officially leaking him, just opinion, but we take those.

Papagenos: Claims to have a source that was confused during the Grinch leak because it had Banjo but not Incineroar.

Phil Spencer: Not a leaker or anything, but has supported Banjo for Smash for years. I'm counting this as support for us.

These are people that have supported or announced Banjo for smash. The theories that could point further on our favor is the Loot Crate Theory, and the Google Theory.

The Loot Crate theory took place about a month or so ago where a Banjo-Kazooie item was advertised for that months crate. All seemed fine until a meme post on twitter referencing Banjo for Smash bros appeared on the Loot Crate Twitter. One the same day, both the Twitter post and the Banjo-Kazooie item were taken down.

The Google Theory was when it was discovered that an ad for the fighters pass would show up on European google searches if you search for Banjo, Artorias, Ruy Hyabusa, Joker, and Doom Slayer with the prefix of Smash Bros as well. This could only be done if search history was turned off, cleared and VPN's were disabled while on the European google servers. Currently no other name except those 5 characters made the ad pop up after hundreds were tested. Right now, those names were added as "Negative Keywords" meaning the ad would not show up with those 5 names. As it stands, the Google theory could possibly be fake, but doing that would entail tons of monetary and possible legal costs. Various Google employees have contradicted themselves, one claiming that Ads can only be used if the ad buyer has copyright control where the other stated that it could be faked and used Amazon ads as their reasoning, though that is hardly a actual debunking and more of a weak counter-theory.

Im sure there are various text leaks and such from 4chan, but those are about as reliable as a boat made of bread. That is all I know in regards to our duo.

Who on earth is Rand Al Thor?

Mr. Stagg

Rand al Thor 19 is an Xbox pundit who appears to have sources into Microsoft's affairs. The fact that he mentions Banjo being in smash, while not being a fan of Rare seems odd that he was saying anything at all. He seems credible and has gotten some stuff right allegedly. Later on in that video one of his co-podcasters mentioned that Banjo in Smash would provide good "optics" for Microsoft so take that how you wish.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
The main character from the Wheel of Time novels. It was a pretty good fantasy series, though I stopped reading around book twelve when the author seemed to spend an entire book having minor characters that haven't been mentioned in a while reacting to the events of the previous book, as opposed to furthering the plot in any way. (I'm not sure of which book it was specifically; it's been a while)

Also, an alleged leaker with some kind of ties to, or sources in, Microsoft.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
The main character from the Wheel of Time novels. It was a pretty good fantasy series, though I stopped reading around book twelve when the author seemed to spend an entire book having minor characters that haven't been mentioned in a while reacting to the events of the previous book, as opposed to furthering the plot in any way. (I'm not sure of which book it was specifically; it's been a while)

Also, an alleged leaker with some kind of ties to, or sources in, Microsoft.
Who knew that even fictional characters could be Microsoft insiders. Microsoft must be an open book with secrets.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord

With so many "Potential Insiders" one of these are bound to stick... Right ?

TheHeartbreakKid

Smash Journeyman
Quick reminder for those losing hope on Banjo being chosen over Steve:

There is a plethora of evidence out there regarding Smash DLC and what characters will make the cut.

Some characters, like Ezio, Klonoa, and Frogger, have no solid evidence FOR or AGAINST their inclusion. No real reason to assume them, no real reason to rule them out (beyond relevancy/marketing arguments)

Banjo and Steve are not like these characters. They have evidence supporting them one way or another.

Thing is, there is more evidence pointing IN FAVOR of Banjo being DLC than there is evidence AGAINST Banjo being DLC.

There is also more evidence pointing to Steve NOT being DLC than there is evidence pointing IN FAVOR of him being DLC.

Don’t lose hope.

Last edited:

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
With so many "Potential Insiders" one of these are bound to stick... Right ?
One could say the same about Steve and Erdrick. Even if you keep discrediting various insiders, the sheer volume of them should appropriately arouse some extra attention. That said, I don't think you should be entirely relying upon them either.

And I'm not calling you out specifically or anyone when I say this next part, but some people believing Banjo leaks and then being so keen to shoot down other characters who have been "leaked" feels super off and inconsistent to me and there's a part of me that wants to address that.

Just feels like consistency really needs to be established with leakers and leaks. We can't be shooting down certain ones because the characters are less well liked and competing with someone liked, or being more keen to accept them when we like the characters. There's obviously nuance to every character's situation and more specific leaks and leakers, but it just feels wrong the more times I see this across all Smash communities as to how people respond to them as a whole being so character dependent. Obviously certain people like Hitagi and LoZ18 are examples of people who demonstrably lost credibility quickly, but I feel like I've seen so much rallying against the Erdrick/Steve stuff era of leakers on principle, but then a more willing tendency to be open to those who may say Banjo (or even Geno ages ago when that Sabi NOA contact said his name).

Plus you have such uncertain situations like Verge, where if Steve and Erdrick show up later in the Fighter's Pass, suddenly he's back to being correct in his predictions and only really off on the Ender Dragon boss claim and the timing of Square's DLC reveal. I know we don't always like some of them (God knows I can't stand how Verge conducts himself on a regular basis) or what information they bring to the table, and may especially dislike what their information does to the speculation community, but I just really think more consistency is needed overall on this topic...

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
I honestly don't believe anyone truly knows who the Fighter Pass characters are and won't believe any of these leaks until we see who the second and possibly third fighter pass characters are at E3. It's crazy that we've only seen one character for the Fighter Pass thus far and people are actually expected to blindly buy it without having any knowledge or hindsight over who will make it in. I certainly haven't bought it yet and won't until all the Fighter Pass characters have been revealed with hopefully one of those character passes being Banjo & Kazooie. They're literally the only characters that would make me want to buy the whole thing, which I would want to to have everyone and everything the game can offer. But I think we're all gonna be in the dark until E3 and the Nintendo Direct.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Quick reminder for those losing hope on Banjo being chosen over Steve:

There is a plethora of evidence out there regarding Smash DLC and what characters will make the cut.

Some characters, like Ezio, Klonoa, and Frogger, have no solid evidence FOR or AGAINST their inclusion. No real reason to assume them, no real reason to rule them out (beyond relevancy/marketing arguments)

Banjo and Steve are not like these characters. They have evidence supporting them one way or another.

Thing is, there is more evidence pointing IN FAVOR of Banjo being DLC than there is evidence AGAINST Banjo being DLC.

There is also more evidence pointing to Steve NOT being DLC than there is evidence pointing IN FAVOR of him being DLC.

Don’t lose hope.
Plus, consider the following:
  • Pac-Man being the bigger icon is NOT why Heihachi didn't make it.
  • Sakurai chose Robin over Chrom for Smash 4.
  • Instead of Mimikyu or Lycanroc, Sakurai initially planned on Decidueye and went with Incineroar.

Wiziliz

Smash Journeyman

Yeah, I agree that Doom Slayer and Banjo-Kazooie would be great for E3, they'd completely blow up the internet.
Ryu Hayabusa has recently become one of my most wanted characters for Ultimate. Having the entire crew of the NES icons in would be awesome. I knew Simon would get in because he fit in with Mario, Samus, Link, etc., and now I want Ryu to get in to complete the group.
Artorias looks awesome, and I can see that he'd be fun as a character. Having Dark Souls in Smash is a great idea too, it'll be awesome to see this happen.
The BRAD lineup is what I'm hoping for, but I'm not going to expect it like I was putting my hope into the Grinch.
As for the other characters I really want, Travis Touchdown, Crash Bandicoot, Mach Rider (won't happen), another Zelda rep, etc., I'll wait for Smash 6.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
I honestly don't believe anyone truly knows who the Fighter Pass characters are and won't believe any of these leaks until we see who the second and possibly third fighter pass characters are at E3. It's crazy that we've only seen one character for the Fighter Pass thus far and people are actually expected to blindly buy it without having any knowledge or hindsight over who will make it in. I certainly haven't bought it yet and won't until all the Fighter Pass characters have been revealed with hopefully one of those character passes being Banjo & Kazooie. They're literally the only characters that would make me want to buy the whole thing, which I would want to to have everyone and everything the game can offer. But I think we're all gonna be in the dark until E3 and the Nintendo Direct.
I mean, you're not expected to buy anything. You're just given the option of purchasing all the content up front and the pass specifies exactly the type of content you're going to get in the pass: 5 characters, 5 stages, music for each character, and a Rex Mii fighter costume. At the end of the day, the pass just exists as an option for people who are interested in the discount because they know they'll be buying all the DLC anyway (like me). If you don't want to buy the Pass, then simply don't. You can buy the characters you're interested in piecemeal, or you can wait til the end of the cycle and announcements to assess if you're interested in the entire pass. There's absolutely zero rush to do so or limited time offer thing that would compel you to make such a purchase. It's just an option for certain consumers. Nothing more, nothing less, and pretty fairly laid out at the end of the day.

I'm also super confused as to how you'll call the current state of the Fighter's Pass problematic, then say that Banjo Kazooie would make you want to buy it. They are in no way guaranteed to be indicative of future choices and it seems just more beneficial to buy the characters you're interested in. You're far from the only one to mention this, but it just confuses me when people bring up that they don't trust the Fighter's Pass now, but would trust the entire thing in the event that character x or y are announced for it...

It makes me mad there was a chance of getting one of those three Pokemon and we still end up with Incineroar because Sakurai wanted a wrestler.
At best, there was a chance for one of those other Pokemon and we don't even know how far Decidueye made it into the consideration process honestly. At least he has come out of the whole thing genuinely unique and with an interesting new move set and personality.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
I mean, you're not expected to buy anything. You're just given the option of purchasing all the content up front and the pass specifies exactly the type of content you're going to get in the pass: 5 characters, 5 stages, music for each character, and a Rex Mii fighter costume. At the end of the day, the pass just exists as an option for people who are interested in the discount because they know they'll be buying all the DLC anyway (like me). If you don't want to buy the Pass, then simply don't. You can buy the characters you're interested in piecemeal, or you can wait til the end of the cycle and announcements to assess if you're interested in the entire pass. There's absolutely zero rush to do so or limited time offer thing that would compel you to make such a purchase. It's just an option for certain consumers. Nothing more, nothing less, and pretty fairly laid out at the end of the day.

I'm also super confused as to how you'll call the current state of the Fighter's Pass problematic, then say that Banjo Kazooie would make you want to buy it. They are in no way guaranteed to be indicative of future choices and it seems just more beneficial to buy the characters you're interested in. You're far from the only one to mention this, but it just confuses me when people bring up that they don't trust the Fighter's Pass now, but would trust the entire thing in the event that character x or y are announced for it...
You said it better than I did. I didn't mean to say it was problematic, I was more concerned that it's taken so long to reveal the next fighter, especially if they're trying to get everyone completed by 2020. They had an opportune time to reveal the next fighter last month in a Spring Nintendo Direct or when they revealed Joker. But I digress.

Last edited:
One could say the same about Steve and Erdrick. Even if you keep discrediting various insiders, the sheer volume of them should appropriately arouse some extra attention. That said, I don't think you should be entirely relying upon them either.

And I'm not calling you out specifically or anyone when I say this next part, but some people believing Banjo leaks and then being so keen to shoot down other characters who have been "leaked" feels super off and inconsistent to me and there's a part of me that wants to address that.

Just feels like consistency really needs to be established with leakers and leaks. We can't be shooting down certain ones because the characters are less well liked and competing with someone liked, or being more keen to accept them when we like the characters. There's obviously nuance to every character's situation and more specific leaks and leakers, but it just feels wrong the more times I see this across all Smash communities as to how people respond to them as a whole being so character dependent. Obviously certain people like Hitagi and LoZ18 are examples of people who demonstrably lost credibility quickly, but I feel like I've seen so much rallying against the Erdrick/Steve stuff era of leakers on principle, but then a more willing tendency to be open to those who may say Banjo (or even Geno ages ago when that Sabi NOA contact said his name).

Plus you have such uncertain situations like Verge, where if Steve and Erdrick show up later in the Fighter's Pass, suddenly he's back to being correct in his predictions and only really off on the Ender Dragon boss claim and the timing of Square's DLC reveal. I know we don't always like some of them (God knows I can't stand how Verge conducts himself on a regular basis) or what information they bring to the table, and may especially dislike what their information does to the speculation community, but I just really think more consistency is needed overall on this topic...
To be fair, and correct me if I’m wrong, but haven’t there only been 2 “insiders” (Hitagi and Xenother) claiming Steve? Both with shaky track records and both who have since disappeared from the Smash leaking scene? Also, Vergeben never claimed Steve. He just claimed “Minecraft content.” Erdrick is really the only one who seems to be backed by multiple insiders

Last edited:

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
Here's a thought I had that I'm sharing around my internet hangouts.

Imagine that Google theory is wrong, Steve is in, and Banjo isn't playable, but as a consolation prize, we get a Mii Brawler costume of Banjo. This costume is totally unlike all the others. The head covers the Mii Brawler's head completely and can emote like a real character (i.e. makes different faces when you're attacking, getting hit, etc.) and if you wear the head and body together, then the Mii Brawler's voice is replaced with clips of Banjo's whoops, grunts, and guhs ripped straight out of Banjo-Kazooie/Tooie themselves.

How satisfied would you be with this setup?

Darkbeard

Smash Apprentice
It's not a matter of trust; it's a matter of value. To some, getting their most wanted character is enough to justify the price of the entire pass.

As an aside, I already have it because I know I will want a complete roster regardless of who is in the pass.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR

Imagine that Google theory is wrong, Steve is in, and Banjo isn't playable, but as a consolation prize, we get a Mii Brawler costume of Banjo. This costume is totally unlike all the others. The head covers the Mii Brawler's head completely and can emote like a real character (i.e. makes different faces when you're attacking, getting hit, etc.) and if you wear the head and body together, then the Mii Brawler's voice is replaced with clips of Banjo's whoops, grunts, and guhs ripped straight out of Banjo-Kazooie/Tooie themselves.

Feel like if they went through all that trouble why not actually make Banjo and be pissed.

UnknownJ25

Smash Journeyman

I'd honestly be a bit more upset since they put in the effort to put the voices in but didn't put him in

ivanlerma

Smash Champion

Nope

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
I'd take it over nothing. I'm thinking back to the King K. Rool costume in Smash 4 and the kick in the balls that was, but given the choice between a Mii Fighter costume of a character I like and no representation of said character at all, I prefer the former.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
That honestly sounds like an awesome Mii costume to me. I would hope we got as much love with other Mii costumes too~

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
That honestly sounds like an awesome Mii costume to me. I would hope we got as much love with other Mii costumes too~
See, I think this would upset me, too =P

Because we've already gotten, for example, the Tails and Knuckles Mii costumes where we didn't get that much love.

Darkbeard

Smash Apprentice

Because we've already gotten, for example, the Tails and Knuckles Mii costumes where we didn't get that much love.
The Knuckles one works because you can create a Mii with an approximate Knuckles look. The Tails one, though - disappointing. Any of the hats that give the Miis two faces (like Tails - you have the Mii face and then above it, Tails' face) is just pointless IMO.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

True, all should be updated. But to say the least, any before this costumes was made would require a ton of negotiating to re-license how the IP is used. If they wanted to do this, they'd have to just keep it to "everything after this or around this time released". I mean, it'd suck a few are left out, but ideas cannot be implemented as fast as we want in cases like these. On the other hand, if Jane is Kasumi and a later Mii costume, they could actually implement it via updates and re-licensing deals.

To be honest, I don't think we'd ever get that awesome of a Mii costume for anyone. I'd still prefer it over the lifeless costumes, though. Even if a few got left out due to the timing of implementation.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Banjo & Kazooie are far and away blockbuster-caliber characters. It absolutely wouldn't sit right just giving them a Mii outfit - especially since none of the Mii fighter archetypes would be suitable. I was careful to make that distinction. :ness:
Tekken is the second best selling fighting game of all times and Isabelle was a Mii Gunner costume. Star power and not being one of three Mii archetypes aren't a gurantee for no Mii costume.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord

I would be pissed and it wouldn't do anything for me, It would be a punch to the gut and a kick to the "Jellies".

I personally don't give a crap about Mii costumes since I don't like or care about playing as a generic avatar (I want to play as an actual character) , I was fine with them during the Wii era ,Wii U era they kind of felt like they overstayed their welcome, But they should have been retired along with the Wii/Wii U branding during the end of that era and was kind of disappointed to see them carry over to the Switch. (At least their in a smaller capacity now)

Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
So much effort into a mii costume would personally feel like an insult to injury. I get mii costumes are meant to throw the fans of a character a bone and give them some representation. But they just make me wish I was playing the character . I don't want to play as some dude cosplaying. :v

But I am quite aware the way Sakurai thinks about Mii costumes is drastically different from the way fans interpret it. Sakurai wanting to do a little nice thing for a character he couldn't make playable comes off as insulting to many fans.

Last edited:

Mr. Stagg

A Banjo Mii costume would be terrible and I hope it never happens. I dont like the whole "Its a consolation prize!" excuse. Putting a heavily requested character in the Mii bin is still a loss to me because there is nothing unique aside from the Mii's moveset. Putting extra work would just be patronizing since if they were willing to put that much effort in a costume then why not just go the whole hog route and just make them a unique fighter?

Not having Banjo as a fighter is a loss to me. At least let me lose with some dignity instead of trying to patronize me with some half assed costume. It's basically Sakurai's way of saying "I was gonna put in the work, but I got bored."

Top Bottom