• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

Juliusaurus

Smash Ace
NNID
Juliusaurus
I think Banjo-Kazooie should be in the base game, they would make an excellent final reveal, and would be the ultimate cherry on top of an incredible roster.

Though I do think DLC should be a thing, especially for characters that showed up after Sakurai finalized the roster in early 2015, characters like Spring Man/Ribbon Girl, a Fire Emblem Three Houses rep, an 8th gen Pokemon rep, Octoling Echo, and Rex & Pyra... And then maybe since they have Microsoft on board, one last "WTF!?!" addition with Master Chief as the final DLC.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Hey guys, I previously made a joint support server for Banjo and Rayman, but recently decided it would be best to split the two.

If you wanna hang out in the new and improved Banjo Discord server, there's a link at the top of the OP!

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Question

Based on the rathalos and Dracula theory

That those may be boss battles in a melee esc story mode

Would you think this possible Gruntilda would be one of those bosses if banjo and kazooie are confirmed?

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Pokemon and Banjo-Kazooie in the same CGI trailer ? Yes Please !!!
We open in a seemingly empty Spiral Hill.

We suddenly see Red (Pokemon Trainer) At the top of of the spiral and shouting orders to Charizard. Charizard is in the middle of an battle in the sky against Ridley. Both are breathing fire and clawing at each other. Ridley suddenly grabs Charizard and mimics the seismic toss and slams him into the ground.

Ridley dives to end him when "GUH-OH-!"

A certain duo Beak Bomb into Ridley and knocks him away from Charizard. Red pulls out his Pokedex but gets an error message. Camera swings up to see Banjo and Kazooie flying in the air and circling Ridley.

BANJO AND KAZOOIE PUZZLE THE COMPETITION

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
Looks like most speculators are thinking Geno, Isabelle, and Skull Kid.

A lot of speculation is not taking Banjo seriously yet

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Last edited:

ryuu seika

Smash Master
We open in a seemingly empty Spiral Hill.
We suddenly see Red (Pokemon Trainer) At the top of of the spiral and shouting orders to Charizard. Charizard is in the middle of an battle in the sky against Ridley. Both are breathing fire and clawing at each other. Ridley suddenly grabs Charizard and mimics the seismic toss and slams him into the ground.
Ridley dives to end him when "GUH-OH-!"
A certain duo Beak Bomb into Ridley and knocks him away from Charizard. Red pulls out his Pokedex but gets an error message. Camera swings up to see Banjo and Kazooie flying in the air and circling Ridley.
BANJO AND KAZOOIE PUZZLE THE COMPETITION
So much set up for a single bad pun. I love it! It's so them!

Last edited:

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord

That's shame, Banjo-Kazooie can really use a roster spot a lot more than any of those 3 as pick me up for the sake of their own franchise.

Last edited:

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Isabelle is "echo" material at most, Geno seems to be completely unheardof outside the Smash crowd and Zelda hardly deserves another rep after upping the Link count to three. Normally I'd laugh out the first two and be rather skeptical of the third but this is Smash Ultimate and Sakurai has already proven that he's putting fan requests over what actually makes sense coughridleycough coughsnakecough coughbelmontoverbombermancough.

I'm not sure about Isabelle but the other two have been very popular among the series' fanbase for a long time. They might actually happen.
Banjo's a bigshot too, though.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Isabelle is "echo" material at most, Geno seems to be completely unheardof outside the Smash crowd and Zelda hardly deserves another rep after upping the Link count to three. Normally I'd laugh out the first two and be rather skeptical of the third but this is Smash Ultimate and Sakurai has already proven that he's putting fan requests over what actually makes sense coughridleycough coughsnakecough coughbelmontoverbombermancough.

I'm not sure about Isabelle but the other two have been very popular among the series' fanbase for a long time. They might actually happen.
Banjo's a bigshot too, though.
Yeah 2 of them are one time characters in franchises that already have plenty of representation and I also think Isabelle would work more as an echo, in a perfect world everyones favorites will get in, but let's be honest some of them are not gonna make the cut and Main Characters should be prioritize over minor and side characters, Banjo-Kazooie are more deserving and would have a lot more meaning and impact than the other 3 padding their franchise representation.

Last edited:

spoilerowl

Smash Journeyman
I would actually say that, Echoes aside, the big three now in terms of discussion are Skull Kid, Isaac, and Geno. Getting Ridley and K. Rool confirmed, along with Simon being confirmed after months of leak speculation, has really changed the playing field.

Banjo is often brought up as well, but a lot of people are quick to detract with statements like "B-K is a dead third party franchise" or "Phil Spencer wouldn't have said anything under NDA". I think they're quick to count the bear and bird out and I still think they have a decent shot, whether it's base roster or DLC, but I do think those three above have better odds.

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
Didn't Phil Spencer openly state that he would support B-K in the roster though? I believe he said this again before Smash 4 as well, but I could be wrong on that one. He definitely said it more recently though, and that was before Microsoft and Nintendo have formed what seems to be a bromance against Big Bad Sony and their bad publicity/poor decisions lately.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
It's been said before, but while I'll always support my duo I feel like they'll ultimately be DLC and not in the base roster

That was Microsoft can get a share of the cut from the profits

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
Well, I'd just like to say that as a supporter of all the top picks, some of the above comments disappoint me. Honestly, there's really no reason to dredge up the "more deserving" argument at this point, considering there is plenty of room for all of the frontrunners.

Isabelle will for sure be an echo, or at worst, a semi-clone. She doesn't factor into the newcomer count. Beyond her, There will likely be 3 or 4 more full newcomers--I'm betting 4, simply because that would make an even 8, same as the starting roster. Considering that...

1. Geno
2. Isaac
3. Skull Kid
4. B&K

See? Plenty of room. Granted, the other top contender, Bandana Dee, or possibly a Pokemon could be swapped out for one of these, but I'm sure there will be DLC to pick up any stragglers.

The point is, there really aren't very many possible newcomers to pick from anymore, and even with as limited of spots as we have, there should still be enough room, especially if there's DLC (which, come on, we know there will be.)

So let's just get along, guys. This is the first time in Smash history where it is entirely possible every favorite could get in. Let's enjoy that!

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Bandana Waddledee is a generic and is treated as such at least some of the time within his franchise. He makes no more sense to include than White Shyguy.
Skull Kid is technically not a one-off character, having appeared in both N64 Zelda games, but there are definitely more relevant characters from his series, all the same. His popularity is high but not on par with the likes of K-Rule and his final smash also being an assist trophy would be kinda weird.

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
Bandana Waddledee is a generic and is treated as such at least some of the time within his franchise. He makes no more sense to include than White Shyguy.
Skull Kid is technically not a one-off character, having appeared in both N64 Zelda games, but there are definitely more relevant characters from his series, all the same. His popularity is high but not on par with the likes of K-Rule and his final smash also being an assist trophy would be kinda weird.
I'm merely pointing out who the top contenders are, based off a general understanding of polls, thread reply count, and overall enthusiasm from any sources I see it coming from across the internet. I didn't pick them, but I do support most of them. I'm not here in this thread to defend or support anyone else but the character mentioned in the thread title--AKA Banjo and Kazooie. And to be perfectly honest, I do not think they need defending, as I haven't seen any such attacks on them coming from any of the many support threads I visit.

My point here was that supporting B&K doesn't have to involve devaluing others' chances, as there are more than enough spots to include every fighter. Thus, all we really need to do anymore is hope and pray that Sakurai actually picked these characters, and look for any evidence that he might have done so that we can find. The "deserving/spots" approach, as well as knocking other fighters to support has no place in the current speculation scene. Not when "everyone is here."

It was never really a great approach to support to begin with anyway. Let's all just be positive, since we can actually do that this time, with such an inclusive roster.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Glad to see Waluigi under meme characters where he belongs. Less glad to see him ranking in the regular character bracket too.
And don't get me wrong, I'd love to see Skull Kid (and White Shyguy) in Smash, I just don't understand why he's seen as likely in any way.

It's a natural thing to want to believe in your most wanted above everyone else so I'm not surprised that making light of others' chances is a big thing. I know I'm guilty of it and that it's not the most sensible thing to do but it's human nature to make things a contest. That and it helps to vent my frustrations with other portions of the fanbase coughridleycough and poor official choices coughpacmanwithlimbscough.

Mona Pizza

Smash Cadet
I do think the bear and bird have the highest chances for selection than any they’ve ever had before. Whether base or DLC obviously remains to be seen. I won’t attempt to quantify their odds with a percentage or anything of that sort, but as has been said earlier on this thread, with such efforts being made to have an all inclusive roster, I feel that for the first time there’s room for everyone, Banjo and Kazooie also, and that’s a thought I would never have dreamt of entertaining a few years ago.

Last edited:

GravelerChamp60

Smash Apprentice
I would actually say that, Echoes aside, the big three now in terms of discussion are Skull Kid, Isaac, and Geno. Getting Ridley and K. Rool confirmed, along with Simon being confirmed after months of leak speculation, has really changed the playing field.

Banjo is often brought up as well, but a lot of people are quick to detract with statements like "B-K is a dead third party franchise" or "Phil Spencer wouldn't have said anything under NDA". I think they're quick to count the bear and bird out and I still think they have a decent shot, whether it's base roster or DLC, but I do think those three above have better odds.
During the Smash ballot I remember Banjo being in the top 10 in internet polls and all of that stuff. Him, Shovel Knight, and Geno I would say were the most popular 3rd party picks around that time. I feel that since Ultimate was announced people have been a lot less vocal, but in the end what matters is what was requested in the 2015 ballot and Microsoft's approval is a big plus.

Also this goes out to everyone, but what do you guys think of the two books that were shelved in the back of Sakurai during the Smash direct? The yellow and blue books can be most clearly seen after Sakurai shows off the main menu for the game and some people think that Banjo is in the cover of the blue book, but it is too blurry to tell. But either way a blue and yellow book still sounds kind of suspicious to me.

Last edited:

GravelerChamp60

Smash Apprentice
Glad to see Waluigi under meme characters where he belongs. Less glad to see him ranking in the regular character bracket too.
And don't get me wrong, I'd love to see Skull Kid (and White Shyguy) in Smash, I just don't understand why he's seen as likely in any way.

It's a natural thing to want to believe in your most wanted above everyone else so I'm not surprised that making light of others' chances is a big thing. I know I'm guilty of it and that it's not the most sensible thing to do but it's human nature to make things a contest. That and it helps to vent my frustrations with other portions of the fanbase coughridleycough and poor official choices coughpacmanwithlimbscough.
The thing with Waluigi is that I believe that his franchise is just under too much competition. For example during the Smash ballot the fans of the Mario franchise were split into factions with people asking for Waluigi, Geno, Paper Mario, Daisy, Captain Toad and even King Boo and Kamek had their fair share of fans requesting them. So in the end we are yet to know what Paper Mario and Geno's fates are.

With Skull Kid I think it has to do with his support during the pre-Smash 4 days. Skull Kid was actually a hugely requested character in the past, but the fandom sort of died out after that. I actually like Skull Kid and I think he would add a lot of unique things to the roster. Banjo stands in the same row with Skull Kid in how versatile they can be as fighters.

Dixie Kong

Smash Ace
I wish if he wasn’t going to be in, Gregg Mayles would just tweet it. Unless it breaks protocol, or hurts his chances of becoming dlc.
I wonder if he said Banjo wouldn’t be in 4 back in the day.

Last edited:

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
It would be great if everyone's favorites got in ,but we have to be realistic not everyone is going to be pleased with the final roster. I have been guilty of down playing a few other choices other than Banjo ,but not go overboard with it ,so I apologize if I upset other people's choices, I don't want the Banjo-Kazooie fanbase to get toxic and hated, I'm just really trying to rally up hype for them and get lost in the moment, it is a Banjo support thread after all.

Last edited:

KeyFortune

Smash Apprentice
Banjo feels like such a 50/50 at this point that I'm way too antsy to find out more even just 8 days after the Smash Direct. I would be ok with them being DLC, but that likely wouldnt happen until a year after the game is out. How do I kill the time at this point? :(

ProjectDream

Smash Apprentice
Hello, going to be a long first post but I had to just make an account to I guess make the case for why I think Banjo-Kazooie is not a certainty, but a likely newcomer (For the record Geno fans overestimate their chances, they're in the same licensing red tape boat). I've just about seen and heard every argument for and against BK and I wouldn't even be posting about it, let alone looking at Smash Boards if there wasn't at least a chance. For the first time in well over a decade, there is.

Its probably best start at the beginning, when Melee was in development and due to the high popularity of Banjo-Kazooie, both in the West & Japan, Sakurai did consider them in Smash 64 but left it until Melee to add them unfortunately this was cut due to as Sakurai says 'adult issues' meaning the legal kind, soon after was the Microsoft buyout of Rare and the rest is history from that point. First point being, if Sakurai is going back and bringing all the things he possibly could from past cut games, namely Banjo-Kazooie and Geno from Brawls development, these are the most notable exclusions from the series. Sakurai's interest may have changed in those years, so who knows maybe he feels differently about the bear and bird. But theres evidence of personal interest on his part.

Throughout Smash's history the same names have always been requested, and Banjo-Kazooie easily sits in the top 5-10 on any poll period, (and theres about 5 other polls from different times betweeen 2015-2018 I can show) difference being between Brawl end of Smash 4, Banjo-Kazooie fans were quietly hoping something could even so much as hint that they could be in the game, but under a seemingly impossible Microsoft banner, it would be impossible.

Flash forward to post Smash 4 for the first time ever Phil Spencer tweets in 2015 about his enthusiasm for getting Banjo into Smash 4's DLC and I believe before Ultimates roster was finalised. What does he mean by the ease of licensing the Rare IP? Well you have the notorious DK64 to Virtual Console which contained a full game of Jetpac inside the game which was a big licensing deal at the time, then you've got Diddy Kong Racing DS port, and the GBA Banjo-Kazooie games (Banjo Pilot & Gruntildas Revenge). People perceive Microsoft as a staunchly fierce competitor-- (hardly these days as Nintendo is fully handheld & Microsoft is merging the console with the PC market)-- who would be even more difficult than Square-Enix to deal with. A decade long history tells otherwise, especially with the Rare IPs, Microsoft is fully aware with how little they use them and have no issue with licensing them out for what I can only imagine are small fees considering their worth. This is not on the same level as licensing out Pac-Man or Cloud, or Ryu or any other big relevant franchises.

On the topic of relevancy, it doesn't matter. People use this argument all the time and it drives me nuts, a good portion of Smashs roster hasn't had games in decades, and K.Rool is the latest example, he's never shown up in anything DK related for 10 years, but I digress.

People seem to claim that 'suits would get in the way of any deal', not so much on Microsofts end. Phil Spencer is head of the gaming division, there's nobody high up who can stop that call from him. It would all come down to Nintendos call at that point and working out an agreement, which as previously stated shouldn't be a problem considering the history of past deals. How would such a deal work with Microsoft? I have a theory; Microsoft needs to build trust back in their Rare IPs, they've been squandering them for 10+ years and nothings been done about it, enter Phil Spencer, he's been highly interested in engaging with Microsofts exclusives upon his promotion and in that time we've seen the Rare Replay, Killer Instinct, a Battletoads reboot announced this year, and a host of merchandise and collectables lined up for Banjo-Kazooie's 20th anniversary (Contrast to the 15th anniversary where they did nothing). Its also worth noting they've gone back from the Nuts & Bolts designs to the classic designs.

Steps are in place to regain trust back into old fans, but what about new fans? Enter the Smash deal. The BK license is arguably at its lowest worth since 2008, Microsoft approaches Nintendo looking for both representation for their IP, gaining good will and getting a free advertisement/celebration of Banjo on Nintendos behalf, thus springboarding off this and gaining the trust of old fans and gaining new fans. Smash is notorious for exposing franchises to people who missed out on their games, Fire Emblem wouldn't be as popular in the west if it weren't for Smashs exposure.

Which is why I think, if Phil's a smart man, and to be in his position you'd have to be, he's been planning this maybe even before 2015 but certainly since then. The relationship between MS & Nintendo, the anniversary, the merchandise, the reverting to old designs, its all coordinated to me, in the hopes that Phil can garner a deal to revive a dead IP by licensing it out to Smash for virtually peanuts, costing Nintendo little, generating massive Smash hype and both companies come out looking good in the eyes of fans with potentially a new market created via the exposure for old fans and new for Microsoft to MAYBE make a new game out of.

And how about that Minecraft crossplay? The latest in the new deal between the companies has seen MS shares its famous properties with Minecraft skins, including Banjo-Kazooie. And with the DasVergeben original leak claiming SOME form of Minecraft rep is in Smash, that bolsters the chances of BK being in the base game tenfold, and enforces my theory that Phil's been planning this for a few years. I imagine part of the deal being that Microsoft would happily give Nintendo the BK license for cheap, if Minecraft is somehow included to generate interest for younger fans. Nintendo wouldn't be opposed to this, Minecraft is a core to the Switch library. Now somewhere in these talks I imagine would be discussions of the N64 mini which we've heard nothing about, a good chunk of the best selling library are Rare games and this would probably where the discussions get murky but it brings Nintendo to the table to make a deal with MS in the first place and Nintendo needs it more than MS does, so the Smash deal and the N64 mini deal are deals that go both ways in favour of both companies.

"but what about the 2018 tweet, doesn't that violate NDA!?" - no, not at all. Phil cherry picked this question to that image to give his answer which confirms or denies nothing, it is simply to the question "is he still willing?" Being under an NDA myself, this violates nothing, its not a clear cut question or an answer. Phil's a smart guy, he gets asked this question everyday. I'm sure he picks the questions he answers carefully for such a delicate matter as Smash.

At the end of the day is it a 50/50? Yes. But its more likely than it ever was before, and that puts them in the running just as equally as Geno in my mind or any other third party character. It's Nintendos call, and if they came to the table as early as 2015. My hunch says maybe.

Anyway sorry for the long post, I had to get this out of my system because I feel, personally, after waiting 10 plus years and nothing happening, that this is the best chance they've had ever. I'm 100% positive they'd be DLC, but the base game is where I fall back to 50/50.

Last edited:

KeyFortune

Smash Apprentice
That was a really good read, thanks for sparking the hope back in me, lol. Here's to hoping. And honestly, if Minecraft is involved in the base game for Smash I have no doubt Banjo and Kazooie will be as well.

AzureFlame4

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4811-6946-8468
If nothing else, Banjo will have a massive backing for DLC if he misses the base game this time around. Knowing that Microsoft is very likely to play ball it's all just a matter of showing Nintendo how high the demand for Banjo is. I'm not holding my breath for Banjo in the base game, but have high hopes as far as DLC is concerned.

ProjectDream

Smash Apprentice
I wish there were a way to immortalize this amazing post.

I hope you stick around, we could use a great writer for moral support! I haven't been able to get the hype train rolling very fast alone.
When BK comes into Smash, I'd delete my account and consider my work done. Until then, I'm here to document as much evidence as possible.

EnthusedPanda

Smash Journeyman
I guess I'll probably have to jump ship from supporting Rool to either Geno/BK at this point. You guys have at least 49% of my total support, trust me on that! Banjo-Kazooie/Tooie were some of the most formative experiences of my childhood, and while I can conceive of them being in Smash even less than K. Rool, it'd overjoy me senseless to see it happen. Rare always instilled a certain panache in everything they touched that first party Nintendo games couldn't really match.

D

Deleted member

Add me to the list pls!! I never knew this thread was here, but I've wanted Banjo in since I was 10 years old when Tooie came out. That was 18 years ago man!

Also, on the split up mechanic, aside from what others have pointed out. Another major issue is that it'd be an incredible amount of work. You'd have to make a moveset and animations for THREE characters, not to mention Banjo solo and Kazooie solo in Tooie always had more limited movesets, leaving you with not enough material for Smash moves. You're better off just incorportaing some of their splitup moves into their main moveset, like Pach Wack NAIR, etc...

I wrote up a moveset a couple days ago on 4chan, I'll be doing some sketches for it to show it off later.

Also also, I wanna point out the recent post they had over on the K.Rool thread detailing how much the fan support helped revive the Kroc. That's really good news for Banjo as he caused as much of a buzz online at his mere suggestion. So who knows, I think his odds are really good overall this time around.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Super Smash Bros Ultimate: Banjo and Kazooie Moveset.

Character: Banjo and Kazooie

Franchise: Banjo-Kazooie

Games: Diddy Kong Racing (1997)
Banjo-Kazooie (1998) Banjo-Tooie (2000)

Series Logo/Icon: Jiggy/Jigsaw

Movement:

(Left/Right) just like in their games Banjo can slowly creep, walk or run/dash with the same animations depending on the input of the control stick.

Jump:

Y/X: Same animations from like the game Banjo jumps.

YY/XX: Banjo double jumps and Kazooie pops out and flaps wings, Hold same button on the 2nd jump and Kazooie will help you slowly decent to the ground.

Basic Attacks

A: Claw Swipe
AA: Claw Swipe
AAA/Hold A: Infinite Kazooie Pecks

Side A: (Beak Bayonet) Banjo uses Kazooie as a bayonet and pokes opponent, great range and keeps opponents at bay.

Down A: (2 ideas) While crouched, Kazooie quickly pecks at opponent at a downward angle or Banjo does a quick hit with his backpack.

Up A: Kazooie does an upward double wing whack that sends opponent upwards.

Dash Attack: (2 ideas) Roll Attack or Banjo can do a running Claw Swipe.

Smash Attacks:

Side Smash: (Breegull Bash) Banjo slams Kazooie on the ground with considerable force, great range and high knockback.

Down Smash: (Pack Whack) Banjo Swings Backpack 360 degrees hitting opponents left and right.

Up Smash: (3 ideas) Kazooie does a 1-2 Wing Whack followed by an upward beak peck, Quick Triple beak peck or Upward Beak Drill sending opponents upward.

Special Attacks:

B: (Egg Fire) Kazooie fires eggs.

(Blue)Rapidly fires 3 at a time, Low knockback.
(Fire)Rapidly fires burning red eggs.
(Ice) Rapidly fires freezing ice eggs, freezes opponents at high percentage damage.
(Grenade)Fires explosive eggs one at a time, but has high knockback.

Hold B: (Change Egg's) Blue/Fire/Ice/Grenade.

Side B: (Beak Barge/Bomb) Banjo and Kazooie charge themselves up and lunge with a powerful beak strike.

Down B: (Clockwork Kazooie Egg) Kazooie lays an egg that hatches into a Mini Mecha Kazooie, can be controlled and detonates after a 5-7 seconds or when the player presses B.

Up B: (Flap Flip) Banjo and Kazooie perform a backflip kick that sends the duo airborne for an upward recovery or the duo can launch themselves upwards to fly and damage the opponent in the process.

Aerial Attacks:

A: (Pack Whack /Wing Whack) Banjo swings his backpack airborne in a 360 degree spin or Kazooie Slashes opponent with her wings in a 360 degree spin.

Forward A: (Rat-a-tat-Rap) Kazooie does a forward triple peck, quick and great for short hopping.

Back A: (Rat-a-tat-Rap) Backwards triple peck or Banjo can swing his backpack backwards.

Up A: Banjo swings Kazooie or backpack in an arch or Kazooie pecks multiple times.

Down A: (Beak Buster) The duo flips upside down and Kazooie pounds the ground with her beak spiking the opponent.

Hold Down A: (Bill Drill) The duo takes a second to wind up and Kazooie Drills downward on opponent, stronger than the Beak Buster.

Grab and Throws:

Pummel: Banjo grabs a hold of opponent while Kazooie pecks them.

Forward: Banjo throws opponent over his head in an arch with both paws like in his games when he gives items to NPC's.

Back: Banjo stuffs opponent in Backpack spins him around and is thrown in the process.

Down: Banjo slams opponent to the ground and uses Kazooie like a Jackhammer in the process.

Up: Banjo throws opponent up and Kazooie pecks them upward.

Shield: Kazooie covers Banjo with her wings, like her (Wonder Wing) animation.

Final Smash: Daddy T-Rex /Jinjonator

Taunts:

Kazooie pecks Banjo's head like their Idle animation,

Banjo strums his instrument to the last tune in their theme song.

Banjo chokes Kazooie and laughs afterwards.

Victory Screen Pose:

Duo performs their Jiggy Dance like when they collect a Jiggy and Kazooie swallows it.

Banjo Dances and the duo takes a bow twice like when they collect all the Jiggy's in one world.

The Duo play their instruments to the last tune of their theme song like in thier video game intro.

Victory Theme: The tune that plays when they collect 1 or all the Jiggy's in a world.

Last edited:

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Super Smash Bros Ultimate: Banjo and Kazooie Moveset.

Character: Banjo and Kazooie

Franchise: Banjo-Kazooie

Games: Diddy Kong Racing (1997)
Banjo-Kazooie (1998) Banjo-Tooie (2000)

Series Logo/Icon: Jiggy/Jigsaw

Movement:

(Left/Right) just like in their games Banjo can slowly creep, walk or run/dash with the same animations depending on the input of the control stick.

Jump:

Y/X: Same animations from like the game Banjo jumps.

YY/XX: Banjo double jumps and Kazooie pops out and flaps wings, Hold same button on the 2nd jump and Kazooie will help you slowly decent to the ground.

Basic Attacks

A: Claw Swipe
AA: Claw Swipe
AAA/Hold A: Infinite Kazooie Pecks

Side A: (Beak Bayonet) Banjo uses Kazooie as a bayonet and pokes opponent, great range and keeps opponents at bay.

Down A: (2 ideas) While crouched, Kazooie quickly pecks at opponent at a downward angle or Banjo does a quick hit with his backpack.

Up A: Kazooie does an upward double wing whack that sends opponent upwards.

Dash Attack: (2 ideas) Roll Attack or Banjo can do a running Claw Swipe.

Smash Attacks:

Side Smash: (Breegull Bash) Banjo slams Kazooie on the ground with considerable force, great range and high knockback.

Down Smash: (Pack Whack) Banjo Swings Backpack 360 degrees hitting opponents left and right.

Up Smash: (3 ideas) Kazooie does a 1-2 Wing Whack followed by an upward beak peck, Quick Triple beak peck or Upward Beak Drill sending opponents upward.

Special Attacks:

B: (Egg Fire) Kazooie fires eggs.

(Blue)Rapidly fires 3 at a time, Low knockback.
(Fire)Rapidly fires burning red eggs.
(Ice) Rapidly fires freezing ice eggs, freezes opponents at high percentage damage.
(Grenade)Fires explosive eggs one at a time, but has high knockback.

Hold B: (Change Egg's) Blue/Fire/Ice/Grenade.

Side B: (Beak Barge/Bomb) Banjo and Kazooie charge themselves up and lunge with a powerful beak strike.

Down B: (Clockwork Kazooie Egg) Kazooie lays an egg that hatches into a Mini Mecha Kazooie, can be controlled and detonates after a 5-7 seconds or when the player presses B.

Up B: (Flap Flip) Banjo and Kazooie perform a backflip kick that sends the duo airborne for an upward recovery or the duo can launch themselves upwards to fly and damage the opponent in the process.

Aerial Attacks:

A: (Pack Whack /Wing Whack) Banjo swings his backpack airborne in a 360 degree spin or Kazooie Slashes opponent with her wings in a 360 degree spin.

Forward A: (Rat-a-tat-Rap) Kazooie does a forward triple peck, quick and great for short hopping.

Back A: (Rat-a-tat-Rap) Backwards triple peck or Banjo can swing his backpack backwards.

Up A: Banjo swings Kazooie or backpack in an arch or Kazooie pecks multiple times.

Down A: (Beak Buster) The duo flips upside down and Kazooie pounds the ground with her beak spiking the opponent.

Hold Down A: (Bill Drill) The duo takes a second to wind up and Kazooie Drills downward on opponent, stronger than the Beak Buster.

Grab and Throws:

Pummel: Banjo grabs a hold of opponent while Kazooie pecks them.

Forward: Banjo throws opponent over his head in an arch with both paws like in his games when he gives items to NPC's.

Back: Banjo stuffs opponent in Backpack spins him around and is thrown in the process.

Down: Banjo slams opponent to the ground and uses Kazooie like a Jackhammer in the process.

Up: Banjo throws opponent up and Kazooie pecks them upward.

Shield: Kazooie covers Banjo with her wings, like her (Wonder Wing) animation.

Final Smash: Daddy T-Rex /Jinjonator

Taunts:

Kazooie pecks Banjo's head like their Idle animation,

Banjo strums his instrument to the last tune in their theme song.

Banjo chokes Kazooie and laughs afterwards.

Victory Screen Pose:

Duo performs their Jiggy Dance like when they collect a Jiggy and Kazooie swallows it.

Banjo Dances and the duo takes a bow twice like when they collect all the Jiggy's in one world.

The Duo play their instruments to the last tune of their theme song like in thier video game intro.

Victory Theme: The tune that plays when they collect 1 or all the Jiggy's in a world.
This is my moveset pitch for the bear and bird that I made for the Fighter Ballot back in 2015 with a few refinements and updates I made for their 20th anniversary, It really shows how you can literally copy and paste most of their moveset into Smash , Banjo and Kazooie were built for Super Smash Bros. Let me know what you guys think.

Last edited:

AzureFlame4

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4811-6946-8468
How would everyone react if Banjo is revealed and when he is Nintendo announces that they have bought the rights to the character and plan to revive the series? (Let a guy dream.)

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
How would everyone react if Banjo is revealed and when he is Nintendo announces that they have bought the rights to the character and plan to revive the series? (Let a guy dream.)
It would be dream come true, If I were Nintendo I would hand the series to Retro Studios, They revived the Metroid and Donkey Kong Franchises, If anyone can bring back and reboot Banjo-Kazooie it's them.

Last edited:

Wyvern 0m3g4

Smash Cadet
NNID
Wyvern_Omega
3DS FC
3952-7962-4278
Switch FC
SW-4111-0849-8220
Count me among the list of new supporters as well please. What more can I say when it comes to Banjo-Kazooie? I've adored playing both it and Banjo-Tooie when I was a kid, and only recently (since the Smash Ballot) have I noticed the demand for Banjo & Kazooie in Smash Bros. So of COURSE I have to back up my beloved adventuring duo too.

I don't think I'm quite ready for a massive heart attack of that caliber just yet. If/When that day comes, I'll try to keep everyone updated. Until then, fingers crossed. It's been far too long since I played a new BK game; I need my fix, man.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero

It's so exciting to me to think Isaac and Banjo & Kazooie have the best chances they've ever had at getting in. Golden Sun and Banjo Kazooie were two major games from my childhood.

I feel like Isaac and Banjo Kazooie fans should be able to relate to each other since I think both characters tend to not be taken that seriously in speculation. (it's started to change a little for Isaac since King K. Rool got in but it's still there)

Last edited:

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
I think Isaac is taken more seriously because he is not with a rival company.

A lot of people say if any leaks have Banjo in it, you can ignore them because it is impossible for them to get in.

I don’t think that is the case as Microsoft and Nintendo have collaborated before, specifically on Banjo in fact, so I’d ignore that

Mona Pizza

Smash Cadet
I'm considering keeping an ambulance on standby for all future Directs leading up to Dec 7. The shock of not only a roster reveal but also a series revival on the Switch would be cause for instant 'death by euphoria overload'.

Last edited:
Top Bottom