• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Banjo-Kazooie: Dynamic Jiggy Duo - Project Dream

Daybreak

Busy busy busy~
NNID
DaybreakPlz
3DS FC
1091-8175-8810
Switch FC
SW-6555-9639-6872
What did you all think of the arrangement (by Nathanael Platier) alongside Omni's Banjo Kazooie reveal? It's a pretty neat balance.

Oh also, I wouldn't mind joining the Brown Jinjo house.

Rueckkoppler

Smash Journeyman
I knew something was bothering me but I couldn't quite put my finger on it, but now I'm sure that's it.

Rayman's pose looked believable on the character select screen, but Banjo and Kazooie's poses are really off here.

But no, this one still looks so wrong to me. The smoothed out nose makes his blocky fingers stand out even more.

That lower jaw looks like it belongs on a horse too, come to think of it.

Also RIP in pepperoni Brown Jinjo Family.
Hmm yeah, might be too much of a hybrid to please everyone. What I actually like about it is Banjo's vivid expression, his pose & basically the "shading" of the skin. It looks much more 3D on this one. But I get what you're trying to point out, though. Anyway, we've got more material to work with, which is great! :grin:

edit: Yeah, it was definitely the eyes in Omnis art. I just tried it & copied Banjo's icy-blue-colored eyes from an official Banjo-Tooie render over & moved them a bit more towards the left edge of his eyeballs to make them look more focussed and less bland. Also, I copied his freckles over. Now that looks right for me & I realized that everything else about this model looks great! But I won't post it here - if Omni sees this as a needed improvement his art, he should do it. Respect the artist, after all.

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
OP Update:
  • Still waiting for that image.
  • Stage section to be worked on.
  • I never actually finished the stage section of the Rayman thread either...
  • Music section added and finished!
  • Check it out for a special treat at the bottom!
  • Make up a lot of rhymes.
  • There are still too many Grey Jinjos, come on guys.
  • Tried to have tea with Gregg Mayles, he called the cops.
  • Had tea with Grant Kirkhope instead (really great guy!).
  • Made a small thing for the Snake thread.
  • I'm still not playing Xenoblade... I got to a cave at least!
  • Note to self: find another anime to watch.
  • Also, get food. -with love, stomach.
  • Lot's of work in progress sections.

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
Green Jinjo please!

Glad to see so many people are ready to get jiggy with it :grin:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
If Banjo and Kazooie made it in, I'd definitely want a stage with musical remixes too. Aside from Mario RPG, the soundtrack from the original Banjo Kazooie is probably one of the most memorable from my childhood. While Nuts and Bolts was a massive disappointment, I will admit that it had a fantastic soundtrack with stellar remixes:

Narth

Plox
NNID
nathanrinkster
3DS FC
1736-2381-3285
If Banjo and Kazooie made it in, I'd definitely want a stage with musical remixes too. Aside from Mario RPG, the soundtrack from the original Banjo Kazooie is probably one of the most memorable from my childhood. While Nuts and Bolts was a massive disappointment, I will admit that it had a fantastic soundtrack with stellar remixes:

I absolutely agree here. I've caught myself listening to both of these tunes several times over the last few weeks, they really bring out the nostalgia "raves"... I shan't say more!

HotNTasty

Smash Apprentice
Does anyone have links to the other Banjo in Smash Twitter post? Looks like it'd go good in OP.

Daybreak

Busy busy busy~
NNID
DaybreakPlz
3DS FC
1091-8175-8810
Switch FC
SW-6555-9639-6872

Those remixes are bittersweet, I guess it goes to show you can find some good things from Nuts and Bolts. Like you said though, it could never give what the classics did.

Who's idea was it to make a Bear drive a car anyway? Bears can't drive.

SilverWolf7

Smash Apprentice
WHITE JINJO PLEASE! :D @ JamesDNaux JamesDNaux

just putting it out there...does anyone here that
actually likes Nuts and Bolts want to play it with me?

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Oh yes, I was about to ask this: I'd really love to play the XBLA remakes, but don't own a XBOX 360. Just theoretically: I heard that the cheapest one should be the "Xbox Arcade Edition". Of course, second-hand as well. What would I need to consider when trying to play these games on this machine?
You just need the console and to buy the games digitally. Honestly, the Xbox 360 controller is very comfortable so it's a joy to play on there. Vouchers are easy to obtain from amazon too, so there's no need to put your card on if you're uncomfortable with that.

Now you have me flipping through this trying to find where the reference is.

I should be working on the OP...

But then again, I'm still waiting for that other image of Banjo to get finished... or for Omni to fix the missing freckles on his.
If you just play the video, the reference was right in the first few seconds of where I linked to.

Last edited:

Rueckkoppler

Smash Journeyman
You just need the console and to buy the games digitally. Honestly, the Xbox 360 controller is very comfortable so it's a joy to play on there. Vouchers are easy to obtain from amazon too, so there's no need to put your card on if you're uncomfortable with that.

If you just play the video, the reference was right in the first few seconds of where I linked to.
But what about the XBOX arcade edition, do you know if it has a hard drive with enough space to download it there?

OP Update:
  • Still waiting for that image.
  • Music section added and finished!
  • There are still too many Grey Jinjos, come on guys.
- Which image?

- Can I suggest any Remixes? Then I strongly recommend:

Mr. Patch by Gooseworx
Final Battle by Blake Robinson's Synthetic Orchestra (far better than the Nuts'n'Bolts version!)

- Any idea where we could put Phil Spencer? Is he really a Jinjo? If we could make an exception for him, I would make him "Master Jiggywiggy" - since he opens doors... in a way :pimp:

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
But what about the XBOX arcade edition, do you know if it has a hard drive with enough space to download it there?
It comes with a 256mb hard drive and BK and BT are just under 142mb between them. The only potential issue I see with the space is that there could be an update that you have to download that could take up some of the space.

You could buy a memory stick anyway for a bit more space. Memory sticks are very cheap. Just get one with about 32gb (or less if you like). They don't allow you more than 32gb of space with the 360, even if you have a 2tb one. Memory Stick's are like £5.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Wrong. Microsoft refuses to accept vouchers unless you've used your card atleast once.

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I had a dream last night that I was playing the original Banjo Kazooie on a Playstation Vita.

Talk about random.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
WHITE JINJO PLEASE! :D @ JamesDNaux JamesDNaux
I shall ask to join the White Jingo family.
I thought I was pretty clear about that one being exclusive, sorry.

- Which image?

- Can I suggest any Remixes? Then I strongly recommend:

Mr. Patch by Gooseworx
Final Battle by Blake Robinson's Synthetic Orchestra (far better than the Nuts'n'Bolts version!)

- Any idea where we could put Phil Spencer? Is he really a Jinjo? If we could make an exception for him, I would make him "Master Jiggywiggy" - since he opens doors... in a way :pimp:

I just put tracks straight from the games, just something to listen to.

Master Jiggywiggy? Hmmm...

Only if Grant can be Mumbo.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Fine. Orange if you must have an exclusive. don't really understand why you do but okay then.

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
Wait a minute.... aren't all of the grey Jinjos dead because Grunty destroyed their house with the Hag 1?

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Then a majority of the support is dead.

Well, that's a lovely thought for our campaign. :troll:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Well what will we do, tag the entire Grey Jinjo House?

The Grey Jinjos were alive and well in Grunty's Revenge anyway (that was a prequel though)...

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Man... Third most wanted DLC for me. Ivysaur (and Squirtle at the same time I guess), then Dixie, then B-K. Though I'd still be really happy in general if B-K got in over the other two.

Daybreak

Busy busy busy~
NNID
DaybreakPlz
3DS FC
1091-8175-8810
Switch FC
SW-6555-9639-6872
What's Mumbo's Skull (creative section) about? Fan art? I would love to upload some of mine at some point.

I don't want to get turned into a dish washer.

Top Bottom