• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

swordofacorn

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Swordofacorn
3DS FC
0216-0878-5036
It's almost 3am for me, I guess it's time to go to sleep, would've loved to battle some of you, maybe tommorow. I guess that also means I'll miss 700 page celebration

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Very good games, Tortilla Noggin Tortilla Noggin . That was the most fun I've had playing Smash in a while. We'll have to play seriously sometime. Good games too, Furret24 Furret24 . You're G&W was pretty on point. Sorry I had to break out the Doc.

Furret24

Smash Master
There's no better time to battle than 1 am. (There's no school tomorrow so i can battle)
I'd love to a no-items match with you.
Very good games, Tortilla Noggin Tortilla Noggin . That was the most fun I've had playing Smash in a while. We'll have to play seriously sometime. Good games too, Furret24 Furret24 . You're G&W was pretty on point. Sorry I had to break out the Doc.
I'd recommend making him your primary main. He's your most threatening character. Your Jiggs was decent, but I think you're kinda limited by her due to the fact she's bad.

You're fun to fight. Let's do this again some time.

I'm thinking of picking up Pac-Man again. I did quite good with him here.
:gawmelee:

Last edited:

Haydossy

Smash Journeyman
Sure! Play too!
Edit: wizardto1 wizardto1 I friended you. PM me.

2 more people can play, just ask!
Edit 2: pm already created
Me! Just how though

This is the most active thread i've ever been on. Thanks for being such great company while we wait for the inevitable Deepocalypse.

We may have some tough competition....

But we'll serve it to them in the end!

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Congratulations on reaching page 700, everybody! And just in time, too! :4dedede:

MarioMeteor MarioMeteor - A serious 1v1 type of thing, you mean? Absolutely, yes! The penguin agrees to a duel.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Wow, 700 pages, thanks for your support!

Hmm... 700... 7 is the number of luck... the ballot will end in some hours... my bodee is readee.

Agent Emerald

Smash Journeyman
We did it guys. 70 x 10.

When I first saw this thread, I never thought it would be the no. 2 largest character support thread on smashboards.

Cheers!

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I'd recommend making him your primary main. He's your most threatening character. Your Jiggs was decent, but I think you're kinda limited by her due to the fact she's bad.

You're fun to fight. Let's do this again some time.

Oh, you think so? I never considered maining the Good Doctor. He's always been a secondary. I wouldn't call Jigglypuff bad, but she struggles against Pac-Man, so naturally fighting you wasn't an easy task. Mario is my primary main, but I didn't show him because I don't like the Mario/Dedede matchup. What did you think of my Rosalina?

Happy 700th everybody!
It's clever because I used the 7 font.

Yoshister

Smash Champion
NNID
DinoandAllen1
3DS FC
5386-7994-1390
I need to make a meaningful post here, since I missed page 666 (By a single post too!).
Congratulations everyone!

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Congratulations on 700 pages, Bandana Brigadiers!

It's well into October 3rd my time (GMT), so I expect the ballot will be closing very soon.

Incidentally, if BeeDee is confirmed...

You can definitely expect to see me in the new social thread~ ;3

SpiralGalaxies

Smash Lord
NNID
SpiralGalaxies
Congratulations on 700 pages fellow BD supporters! You'll definitely see me in the social thread if he's confirmed. Here's to DeeLC and rounding out the Kirby Quad!

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Your Pac-Man is fab. I was laughing to myself at that point on the Duck Hunt stage when Dedede caught the orange - if it looked like I had no idea what to do with it, I really didn't, because I wasn't expecting to catch the thing! :laugh:

Haydossy

Smash Journeyman
I think our biggest competition is
  • K. Rool
  • Isaac
  • Paper Mario
  • Shovel Knight
  • Inkling
  • Wolf
But we've got the willpower!

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
  • K. Rool
  • Isaac
  • Paper Mario
  • Shovel Knight
  • Inkling
  • Wolf
I don't think Paper Mario, Shovel Knight, or Inkling are competition. Paper Mario, while popular, doesn't stack up to some of the most requested characters, Shovel Knight is self-explanatory, and Inkling is the same case as Paper Mario.

Haydossy

Smash Journeyman
I have to go now, and I won't be back for a couple of hours. By then, the ballot will probably be over. So, to all of you, Good Luck!

Last edited:

SpiralGalaxies

Smash Lord
NNID
SpiralGalaxies
  • K. Rool
  • Isaac
  • Paper Mario
  • Shovel Knight
  • Inkling
  • Wolf
I doubt Paper Mario and Issac are much competition. I'm doubitng K.Rool too because of the mii fighter costume, but then again some playable characters have costumes after them. Wolf is a popular pick and so is the inklings. Though I suspect we'll get Callie&Marie then. Not sure about Shovel knight.

I think BD has a really good chance, but we'll have to wait and see! I'm not sure we'll see the actual results tomorrow though.

Doctor_Link

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Plat002
3DS FC
0259-0882-5580
only if you play him for the easiest "down-throw - the game" ever. he may have lost his supercombos into super kill confirm, but that was just unhealthy anyways. otherwise, he's still quite viable.
but his traction tho.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
May not post here a lot but to say Bdee is one of my most requested characters would be insane.See you guys on the other side...Hopefully that side is the playable side

Furret24

Smash Master
I'm still immensely salty that Luigi got nerfed. That's one whole secondary down the drain.
Just because Down Throw isn't as good at comboing and Down Special is worse doesn't mean you should just drop him.

His Down Throw has new potential, his Down Air spikes easier, and his Down Smash is stronger. He's still a great character.

You can still do that sick Down Throw -> Down Air spike you got on Yoshister. That was hype.
What did you think of my Rosalina?
Outside of not using Gravitational Pull against my Pac-Man, it was pretty good.
No, I'm not salty at you nearly killing me at 34% with Up Air.

Last edited:

FancySmash

Smash Lord
Congrats on 700 pages everyone. I've been gone for sometime due to college taking my attention, but Bandana Dee is still one of the primary characters I support. May the ballot live on (even though it's ending) :sadeyes:.

Err, but let's keep up with positive outlooks. Bandana Dee's got a really good shot!:grin:

D

Deleted member

I'm going to guess page 700 is all going to be "PAGE 700 YES".

So let me ask you a question, why do you love Bandana Dee?

i love him because his dialogue in SSU.

Last edited by a moderator:

Elec

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5086-5666-2210
OMG PAGE 700 guys, just before the ballot's end.

(inb4 someone famous died(not like I want it to happen))

Last edited:

FancySmash

Smash Lord
I'm going to guess page 700 is all going to be "PAGE 700 YES".

So let me ask you a question, why do you love Bandana Dee?

i love him because his dialogue in SSU.
Why do I like Bandana Dee? I think it's because he's the first Kirby character in a while to actually make a name for himself. Aside from Kirby, Meta Knight, King Dedede, and to a lesser extant, Adeline, he's the first character in the series for a long time to be given a character, and really feel like a part of the series.

Doctor_Link

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Plat002
3DS FC
0259-0882-5580
Actually it would be cool if BDee's reveal trailer was this: (CGI) so dedede is enjoying a stroll outside castle dedede, and then all of a sudden Luigi comes flying in with a misfire and slams into him. Dedede flies out of view, and then we cut to a scene inside castle Dedede, where we see Dedede fall through the roof. The Palace doors then slam open, and luigi walks in with his mean face on, looking for revenge, and then proceeds to combo dedede through the wall, where we find the waddle dee army doing heir daily training. at the sight of Dedede flying at them most of the waddle dees scatter, but a waddle dee with a bandana does not. Dedede lands on the bandana'd Dee in statue form, and luigi walks off, feeling satisfied. Shortly after, Dedede's revival badge wakes him up, and he sees the waddle deestanding next to him. the waddle dee salutes to dedede, and picks up a spear and runs after luigi. An epic battle ensues inside the castle, and the waddle dee emerges victorious with luigi being shot out of the hole in the castle ceiling.
Dedede then congratulates the waddle dee and promotes him to captain of the guard.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
only if you play him for the easiest "down-throw - the game" ever. he may have lost his supercombos into super kill confirm, but that was just unhealthy anyways. otherwise, he's still quite viable.
but his traction tho.
It's a pretty big goddamn difference when that was the whole crux of his character.
Just because Down Throw isn't as good at comboing and Down Special is worse doesn't mean you should just drop him.
I mean, I already second Dr. Mario, and without his down throw, what really is he besides Weaker Green Dr. Mario?
I understand that he has new combos, but his old ones were what made him fun. There's no enjoyment to be had anymore when he can get people to 120% and still not be able to kill people.

You can still do that sick Down Throw -> Down Air spike you got on Yoshister. That was hype.
How the hell did you see that? But yes, that was great. Of all the spikes I've gotten with Luigi, that one will always hold a special place in my heart.
Outside of not using Gravitational Pull against my Pac-Man, it was pretty good.
I was trying to, but it was easier said than done with Tortilla Noggin Tortilla Noggin coming in after me like a wrecking ball.
No, I'm not salty at you nearly killing me at 34% with Up Air.
Rule #10: you never air dodge against Rosalina.

Last edited:

FancySmash

Smash Lord
Actually it would be cool if BDee's reveal trailer was this: (CGI) so dedede is enjoying a stroll outside castle dedede, and then all of a sudden Luigi comes flying in with a misfire and slams into him. Dedede flies out of view, and then we cut to a scene inside castle Dedede, where we see Dedede fall through the roof. The Palace doors then slam open, and luigi walks in with his mean face on, looking for revenge, and then proceeds to combo dedede through the wall, where we find the waddle dee army doing heir daily training. at the sight of Dedede flying at them most of the waddle dees scatter, but a waddle dee with a bandana does not. Dedede lands on the bandana'd Dee in statue form, and luigi walks off, feeling satisfied. Shortly after, Dedede's revival badge wakes him up, and he sees the waddle deestanding next to him. the waddle dee salutes to dedede, and picks up a spear and runs after luigi. An epic battle ensues inside the castle, and the waddle dee emerges victorious with luigi being shot out of the hole in the castle ceiling.
Dedede then congratulates the waddle dee and promotes him to captain of the guard.
But... Dedede and Luigi were friends in the Subspace Emissary...

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Sweet, 700 pages!
Also, don't forget to cram in your last couple votes for the Dee! And if you already voted for him, vote for him again. :p

Top Bottom