• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

SwitchButton

Banned via Administration
So does anyone have any ideas as to why Bandana Dee was completely ignored in Smash 4?

Like okay I guess I could understand not being playable and all that jazz, but for godssake, he didn't even get a trophy.

The friggin' LOR STARCUTTER got a trophy!

synesthe-sia

Smash Journeyman
So does anyone have any ideas as to why Bandana Dee was completely ignored in Smash 4?

Like okay I guess I could understand not being playable and all that jazz, but for godssake, he didn't even get a trophy.

The friggin' LOR STARCUTTER got a trophy!
Maybe they forgot? Trophies don't have anything to do a characters chances of being DLC. Or it was cut for some reason.

On a somewhat unrelated note, I wonder how Sakurai feels about his large following in the gay community.

Hypernovaguy64

Smash Lord
NNID
Warpstar64
Maybe they forgot? Trophies don't have anything to do a characters chances of being DLC. Or it was cut for some reason.

On a somewhat unrelated note, I wonder how Sakurai feels about his large following in the gay community.
"It's just Peachy." -Masahiro Peach of the Mushroom Kingdom.

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
NintenZ NintenZ unless you know what you are talking about dont start an arguement with people about Bandana Dee especially this close to the end of he ballot. Please think before you type.

That was unnecessary.

Remember your actions leave an impression on us as a community

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
NintenZ NintenZ unless you know what you are talking about dont start an arguement with people about Bandana Dee this close to the end of he ballot. Please think before you type.

That was unnecessary.

I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about… I'm very confused.:confused: Did I do something?

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
:glare: Did you really have to bring this up, it's been hours since this happened, I was just trying to explain something to a person and others ganged up on me because that's what happens in Smash speculation, I didn't have time, okay, I was trying me hardest, please. This did not need to be brought up. :facepalm: Everyone please ignore this.

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
NintenZ NintenZ unless you know what you are talking about dont start an arguement with people about Bandana Dee especially this close to the end of he ballot. Please think before you type.

That was unnecessary.

This was unnecessary. Exactly what did he do wrong? He defended Bandanna Dee, which you've been known to do several times yourself, Ghostly. In much more aggressive tones, mind you. It's not like he sparked a war or anything.
Greninja as well...okay, that was mainly the patches being unforgiving while higher tier characters weren't effected that much. (Inb4 next patch makes Gren OP AF)
To be fair, the Greninja jokes can be pretty ****ing hilarious is used correctly.

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
While I am guilty of such I am trying to grow up and move on from the past I suggest you do the same.

Besides there really was no point all of a sudden someones opinion is gonna change.

Last edited:

Elec

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5086-5666-2210
So, its only 3 days till the ballots end, I think we should resend our votes just incase we voted for someone else or are unsure of who we voted for.

EDIT: change of text.

Last edited:

Doctor_Link

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Plat002
3DS FC
0259-0882-5580
So, its only 3 days till the ballots end, I think we should resend our votes just incase we voted for someone else or are unsure of who we voted for.
A) sakurai probs isn't paying (much) attention to the ballot right now.
B) everybody here has posted multiple times about voting for BDee.

I really don't see the point of re-voting this close to the end of the ballot.

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
No no I wasn't trying to make you feel bad it was just a reminder.

While of course previous people I've tangled with are trying to make it a big deal.

EDIT: Sorry Ninten if there is anything I ddon't do it's delete what I say (if I mean it)

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
No no I wasn't trying to make you feel bad it was just a reminder.

While of course previous people I've tangled with are trying to make it a big deal.
Okay, I understand, but a person was legitimately confused, I didn't have enough time to give a solid answer, and people were ganging up on me and bringing opinions to counter actual facts, really, I know arguments aren't good, but I was trying to show Naoshi Naoshi that B.D. has good potential, so that's what spawned the discussion. So I hope you've learned from this and can accept that it happened a while ago, so let's just move on.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Erm, well, hello. This is kinda awkward since I was just tagged. I just kind of want to point out that I did not say BDee at any time didn't have potential as a fighter. I actually would like him in Smash even though I don't support him much.

What I've really said was that I don't think he's likely in a hypothetical situation where there's only 2 newcomers coming from Nintendo because he has competition with other characters who feel like they have much higher priority (that's my opinion though). He does have good potential, but I just believe a lot of other characters do too. Hence the competition remark. It doesn't mean I don't think BDee has what it takes to be a fighter, I do think he's definitely next in line for a Kirby rep.

Really though, Nintenzilla, I thought I made that clear and you acted like we were bullying you. Multiple people disagreeing with you =/= ganging up.

Anyways I hope you all have a good day! I don't mean to cause trouble, but I just wanted to bring in my side of the story for clarifications sake.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Erm, well, hello. This is kinda awkward since I was just tagged. I just kind of want to point out that I did not say BDee at any time didn't have potential as a fighter. I actually would like him in Smash even though I don't support him much.

What I've really said was that I don't think he's likely in a hypothetical situation where there's only 2 newcomers coming from Nintendo because he has competition with other characters who feel like they have much higher priority (that's my opinion though). He does have good potential, but I just believe a lot of other characters do too. Hence the competition remark. It doesn't mean I don't think BDee has what it takes to be a fighter, I do think he's definitely next in line for a Kirby rep.

Really though, Nintenzilla, I thought I made that clear and you acted like we were bullying you. Multiple people disagreeing with you =/= ganging up.

Anyways I hope you all have a good day! I don't mean to cause trouble, but I just wanted to bring in my side of the story for clarifications sake.
Everything's fine now, let's just move on if we will. :)
I've learned from this?

Anyways I didn't apologize..
I think we should move on. Just know that you should PM me next time. And don't worry, no one really agrees with me on that thread. Sorry if I upset you, now let's just move on from this mistake.

Last edited:

Furret24

Smash Master
This page is a mess, except for Naoshi's post.

So, do you think we will receive a character for the end of the ballot?
Probably not. It's unlikely that they would have two DLC updates in the same week.

On a side note, do any of you wanna fight on the Mario Maker stage for fun? We could use our tourney to do so.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
This page is a mess, except for Naoshi's post.

So, do you think we will receive a character for the end of the ballot?
I don't have a clue. They could literally do anything at this point, I've no means of trying to guess these days. Given that the end of the Ballot is 2-3 days away and we just got a DLC wave video with no hints of anything in the near future, they'll almost certainly---

I take that back.

Nothing is certain with this guy anymore. This Sakurai.

---there is a fairly good chance they will tease it beforehand, so if we don't see anything in the next few days, I predict we will sadly be in the dark for some undisclosed amount of time after the Ballot ends, just as I feared. The June-September drought was awful (I don't consider Mii Costumes to be content, I'm talking characters) aside from a few stages here and there and it seems we might go through that again.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Be on the lookout, for the last Thursday Thoughts I have a big story to share.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Look at who Yacht Club Games supports.
:p
This is surprising.

Very surprising.

YCG was being rather coy and giddy about the end of the ballot. They could just be going on Bozon styles of teasing (I'm not kidding, Mr. Bozon has been ripping out Shantae fan's heart strings for a while now with every other tweet) or they know something we don't know. If they did then they'd have to keep their mouths shut either way.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
There are honest-to-God only 3 days left of the Ballot. Where has the time gone?
I dunno about you

but I spent it trying to justify why Mii Costumes don't deconfirm characters in an otherwise long slog through an information drought. For me, being only 3 days until the end of the ballot is like the end of a long journey to me.

BlueZard

Smash Journeyman
NNID
tangerine1234
Look at who Yacht Club Games supports.
:p
Well, that was a nice little surprise, there!
I wonder if it means anything...? :3

Also, aw man... As October 3rd gets closer and closer, it gets harder and harder for me to wait. We are so close to the end, and yet these last couple of days are going to feel like forever to me.

...OK, maybe I'm exaggerating a bit, but still! It's just too exciting!

Top Bottom