• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
So @Burruni posted something interesting on the DLC thread, here's what it is.
“We conduct a character popularity poll both domestically and internationally. We also research games that are currently being developed. After that, it’s pretty much up to us, with a touch of convenience.”

“There are a lot things to take into account when deciding [characters]. Does the character have something inherently unique about them? Can that be used to make Smash Bros. interesting? Is the character a representative character [for the source material]? Do they conflict at all with other characters? Was there anything about them that stood out when we began development?”

“Characters from a series that has no future are rarely chosen. Also, fighters that switch models are a different matter.”

“Basically, any character is accepted if I believe it works [in the game]. On the other hand, even if a character is unique, if they overlap with other characters and aren’t unique as a fighter, they are rejected.”

In summation:

1) Is the character popular across the world?

2) Is there anything that the character going to be in within the near future?

3) Is this character unique? Are they /interesting/?

4) Are they representative, important to their series?

5) Do they conflict with how another character works?

6) Do they stand out?

Those are the 6 "Principles," not going to call them straight rules, for first party candidates.

Judge your characters upon this in our final hours.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
IT WAS

EDIT: TODAY'S MY BIRTHDAY :starman::starman::starman::starman::starman::starman::starman::starman::starman::starman::starman::starman::starman::starman::starman::starman:
:seuss:
Happy Birthday! Just try to make sure your cake's actually a cake though, you wouldn't want to end up unleashing Dark Nebula would you? :p Seriously though, enjoy your birthday!

Smashboards has decent mods we should be glad.

speaking of mods we should really just stop talking about /v/.

Do you guys think we can get another stage?

i'm really hoping for Dedede castle.
For new stages, I've always wanted Dark Star to be a stage, but that's basically a pipedream at this point :laugh:, so I'll just say Cookie Country.
For old ones, it's Fountain of Dreams by a mile, nothing else could compare.

Does anyone else wish Dark Matter Swordsman got a Mii costume for:4miisword:? I mean, c'mon he even has Swordsman in his name, he's practically asking for one.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
i'm really hoping for Dedede castle.
As I've said often, Castle Dedede is a must!

It would be especially fun if it was made in the fashion of Luigi's Mansion and Tomodachi Life, where the whole thing is a cutaway that you can see into, as this would provide a fantastic opportunity for repeatedly, hilariously, launching people out through that one spot in poor Dedede's roof that he himself has been launched out of more than once.

Hoping for Fountain of Dreams. Pirate Ship's return proved that stage's music appearing in other stages isn't an obstacle.
It's always good to see a silly fabricated "rule" like that one blown out of the water. ;)

Does anyone else wish Dark Matter Swordsman got a Mii costume for:4miisword:? I mean, c'mon he even has Swordsman in his name, he's practically asking for one.
The thing about the Mii outfits is that they're mainly quick asset-pulls from elsewhere, though. For example, the Fox McCloud outfit made available today derives its headgear from StreetPass Mii Plaza.

synesthe-sia

Smash Journeyman
If anything, couldn't we at least get the bandana as a hat? Just the tip of the Dee, essentially. Or Fountain of Dreams? Please respond.

Bandana Dee3

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0379-7875-6874

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Etika put literally every stupid suggestion from the comments to the poll.... also, he is biased towards SK, and look who is leading...
Let's not bring him here, who cares about some dumb meme youtube guy and his poll?
the poll is already dumb enough, please just don't pay him attention.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Let's not bring him here, who cares about some dumb meme youtube guy and his poll?
Notice how in his last ballot video, he almost mentions Bandana Dee but then immediatly stops talking after seeing Roy and says, "Gee, I don't know..."

D

Deleted member

Notice how in his last ballot video, he almost mentions Bandana Dee but then immediatly stops talking after seeing Roy and says, "Gee, I don't know..."
Forgive me but i'd rather not waste my time watching him do dumb videos.

Morbi

Scavenger
I actually enjoy the poll, someone with so much influence making a poll with a large portion of votes is leaps and bounds more accurate than any poll I have had the displeasure of sifting through. Bandana Dee is not too high on it, but he is much higher than the vast majority of characters. And, even more to the point, if you remove third-party characters (as we are probably only going to get one more) and troll characters from the equation, he is doing quite well.

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Happy Birthday Bandana Dee3 I hope you get a lot of presents

Last edited by a moderator:

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Alright guys; let's move on to something else, please. Arguing about a silly poll from a youtuber isn't going to get us anywhere when it means nothing. So tell me; Do you guys think we will receive any sort of news on Friday or over the weekend about the Ballot? Or do we think we should base it off whatever message is left behind on the 3rd and go from there?

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Alright guys; let's move on to something else, please. Arguing about a silly poll from a youtuber isn't going to get us anywhere when it means nothing. So tell me; Do you guys think we will receive any sort of news on Friday or over the weekend about the Ballot? Or do we think we should base it off whatever message is left behind on the 3rd and go from there?
As nice as the former would be, I would say the latter.

Even trying to make a prediction right now feels like a fool's game, to me. :laugh:

Hey guys, what type of music do you like better, the original version, or the version from a remake? For example, this:
or this:
The original, without a shadow of a doubt. I've never been an enormous fan of remakes, personally - there's always something off about them in some way or another, and they never feel the same, either. :p

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Does anyone remember when Etika choked on a sandwich?

Last edited:

SwitchButton

Banned via Administration
I'm thinkin' we'll get a message from Sakurai that is along the lines of "Thanks for your input! Please stay tuned ect ect" then silence until December or somethin'

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero
Now that I think about it, I feel the 3DS is due for a Kirby remake. Let's take a look:
Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land (GBA) - Remake of Kirby's Adventure (NES)
Kirby Super Star Ultra (DS) - Remake of Kirby Super Star (SNES)
Sensing a pattern yet? Semi-logically speaking, this means that should there be a remake soon, it should be Kirby 64 and it should be on the 3DS. Of course this is all speculation. But it seems logical enough to arrive at that conclusion.

Edit: Such an interesting post number for this one. Not trying to start a new segue for that though.

Last edited:

SwitchButton

Banned via Administration
Now that I think about it, I feel the 3DS is due for a Kirby remake. Let's take a look:
Sensing a pattern yet? Semi-logically speaking, this means that should there be a remake soon, it should be Kirby 64 and it should be on the 3DS. Of course this is all speculation. But it seems logical enough to arrive at that conclusion.

Edit: Such an interesting post number for this one. Not trying to start a new segue for that though.
I'd hope that they'd replace Waddle Dee with BanDee. (Assuming that they're different Dees, of course)

Hypernovaguy64

Smash Lord
NNID
Warpstar64
I don't get it. People say Bandana Dee isn't relevant yet they vote for SHREK?! Why would ETIKA EVEN PUT HIM ON THE POLL?!?!!?

I tell you, the worlds stupidity astonishes me sometimes.

JetSwerve

Smash Rookie
NNID
Rushdrive (Wii U
I don't get it. People say Bandana Dee isn't relevant yet they vote for SHREK?! Why would ETIKA EVEN PUT HIM ON THE POLL?!?!!?

I tell you, the worlds stupidity astonishes me sometimes.
I don't like memes in my Smash, look what they've done to Shulk. (But on the other hand, that's funny. Shrek getting in? Nightmare)

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team

While I want a Kirby 64 remake badly, wouldn't Dreamland 3 be next in line? I guess they might end up skipping it due to demand for a 64 remake, but I don't know? I'm not even sure which one I want more to be honest :laugh:.

Also, I wouldn't worry about the Etika Poll, it's only a YouTube poll, YouTube, 4chan, and GameFAQs are not reliable sources at all :p.

Last edited:
Top Bottom