• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
What? How could you not want a Sailor Waddle Des alt?
Full Sailor Dee alt, no :drwtf:
Palette swap Sailor Dee Alt, yes :dr^_^:
Just give BD's bandana some blue and white colors
Sailor Dee has never used a spear :drshrug:
We support Bandana Dee, because he is THE Waddle Dee
Playable Sailor Dee would be like saying that BD is only different because he has a bandana :drfacepalm:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Playable Sailor Dee would be like saying that BD is only different because he has a bandana :drfacepalm:
Actually, I support Bandana Waddle Dee partly because of Sailor Waddle Dee, myself!

After all, he was the first high-ranking Waddle Dee who proved that the species could amount to more than mere "Goombas with sticks", and is also the character on whom Bandana Waddle Dee is heavily based.

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
Actually, I support Bandana Waddle Dee partly because of Sailor Waddle Dee, myself!

After all, he was the first high-ranking Waddle Dee who proved that the species could amount to more than mere "Goombas with sticks", and is also the character on whom Bandana Waddle Dee is heavily based.
I love Sailor Dee, but I don't think that a full alt would fit
After all, Sailor Dee is a sailor, not a fighter :drwtf:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
I love Sailor Dee, but I don't think that a full alt would fit
I reckon it'd be a nice nod, myself.

After all, Sailor Dee is a sailor, not a fighter :drwtf:
Wii Fit Trainer is a yoga instructor, Villager is a homemaker, and so on. :laugh:

Seriously, though, even though Sailor Waddle Dee is a bit of a coward, he still is a member of Meta Knight's army. That probably counts for something. ;)

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Who is he? :0
Can you send me a link to the post?
Oh, it's an old post, yeah, I remember that, I thought it was today.

About Sailor Dee, I'm still not sure, he is not really that important and that would literally make Bandana Dee a generic Waddle Dee with a hat in Smash, because other Waddle Dee has the same abilities as him.
But Bandana Dee with a white and blue bandana, or a bandana with blippers would be really cool.

Last edited:

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
I reckon it'd be a nice nod, myself.

Wii Fit Trainer is a yoga instructor, Villager is a homemaker, and so on. :laugh:

Seriously, though, even though Sailor Waddle Dee is a bit of a coward, he still is a member of Meta Knight's army. That probably counts for something. ;)
But he has never used a spear :drwtf:
BD is the only notable Waddle Dee that actually fights (that I recall)
Maybe we should support a generic Waddle Dee with a lot of hats as alternates :drsad:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
But he has never used a spear :drwtf:
True, but on that note, have the Koopalings ever used Clown Cars? :laugh: (Seriously, I do take your point. I just couldn't resist pointing this out. ;) )

BD is the only notable Waddle Dee that actually fights (that I recall)
As far as I know, you're absolutely correct! :grin:

Maybe we should support a generic Waddle Dee with a lot of hats as alternates :drsad:
Bandana Waddle Dee should absolutely come first. That said, I don't think there's any harm in allocating two of his alts to Sailor Waddle Dee and a plain regular one/the guy from Kirby 64, though I'd imagine that Smash Run's usage of standard Waddle Dees would rule out the latter.

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
True, but on that note, have the Koopalings ever used Clown Cars? :laugh: (Seriously, I do take your point. I just couldn't resist pointing this out. ;) )

As far as I know, you're absolutely correct! :grin:

Bandana Waddle Dee should absolutely come first. That said, I don't think there's any harm in allocating two of his alts to Sailor Waddle Dee and a plain regular one/the guy from Kirby 64, though I'd imagine that Smash Run's usage of standard Waddle Dees would rule out the latter.
Yeah, the koopalings used Bowser's Koopa Clown Car in New Super Mario Bros 2
do you even bowser jr bro?
But this time, just like always, they had to steal BJ's spotlight in Smash ¬¬
Also, I do think that we should have Bandana Dee as the main character with a palette swap that is a reference to Sailor Dee
Sailor Dee isn't a spear fighter :drshrug:

Last edited:

random rendum

Smash Journeyman
There is a Waddle Dee Ball in Canvas Curse, his special ability is to bounce a little more than the other balls.
It would also represent Rainbow Curse, the game that has Bandana Dee as a main character.

And we don't really care if you think Smashified is not important.
it doesn't represent bandana dee as a whole, and I know you don't care, I dont care either:smirk:
SIGH Besides your terrible grammar all I got out of this was pure ignorance I've responded to your comments 2 or 3 times. I can summarize what you just said in a much more readable way:

I forgot that Waddle Dees have ridden Nruffs, oh well I guess I'm fine with the idea but if I were to suggest a gimmick I would say that the Nruff should be controllable for a short time. I don't really agree with your move set, mostly the Waddle Ball, do to it not representing Bandana Dee. To be completely honest I don't care about anyone's opinion on Smashified including yours since you won't respect my opinion I won't respect yours.

@ Chandeelure Chandeelure practically stated everything wrong with your Waddle Ball "argument" so I'll take on the Smashified

Respect your opinion. RESPECT YOUR OPINION. We've tried to convince you with VALID reasons why we need Smashified first but every time we say that your brush it off as if it never existed, your opinion has been udder (moo!) nonsense since you thought that we should get Bandana Dee in Smash before we get him Smashified, literally that makes no sense why would we want another 3D Render if we already achieved our goal. Instead of being over all ignorant you could simply state that you don't like Smashified because when I boil it down that's the core, rather than finding valid reasons to why we shouldn't keep trying to get him Smashified you throw invalid "facts" and pass them off as if anyone would believe them, it's ridiculous.

As you can tell, the longer you drag this on the more harsh I am going to get with my responses.
get more harsh :teeth: like I care, I never said I didn't like smashified do, im just saying its not an important step, my opinion is your opinion is udder nonsense :bee: in my opinion waddle ball is a horrid idea :pimp:I respect your opinion I dont care for it, it's a difference :psycho:, im gonna be more smart alec :rotfl:, really, it makes me laugh how you're so upset over an opinion, as you can tell I don't really care about this, but keep talking

I should do that, maybe... but I don't have an sd card for it... ill go make some now!

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
it doesn't represent bandana dee as a whole, and I know you don't care, I dont care either:smirk:

get more harsh :teeth: like I care, I never said I didn't like smashified do, im just saying its not an important step, my opinion is your opinion is udder nonsense :bee: in my opinion waddle ball is a horrid idea :pimp:I respect your opinion I dont care for it, it's a difference :psycho:, im gonna be more smart alec :rotfl:, really, it makes me laugh how you're so upset over an opinion, as you can tell I don't really care about this, but keep talking

I should do that, maybe... but I don't have an sd card for it... ill go make some now!
Hmm I'm questioning your reading skill, I guess you are dumber than I thought.

BTW Gets your facts straight :smirk:

We can play the asshole game..warning you I will win.

Last edited:

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
Punch me and I'll fight back.
He didn't punched you
He just said something that you didn't liked in an online forum :drsad:
Can't just both of you agree to disagree or forget that this ever happened and talk about BD again?
We already have some of the mods watching over us so we don't get off topic too much
We don't need another pointless fight ¬¬
(since he punched you, I guess this is a fight and not an argument)

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I noticed some of you made some drawings in the "Support King Dedede" section of Miiverse, I think it's more effective to make them in the general Smash Wii U section, beause not so much people visit the "Support" sections and the drawings that appear in the Miiverse Stage are totally random, not the most popular.

Punch me and I'll fight back.
Do you have a Counter as you Down Special?

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
I noticed some of you made some drawings in the "Support King Dedede" section of Miiverse, I think it's more effective to make them in the general Smash Wii U section, beause not so much people visit the "Support" sections and the drawings that appear in the Miiverse Stage are totally random, not the most popular.
I do this, but I will say it's also important to make them in the general section, as you mention. That said, I think it's also worth posting to the Dedede, Kirby, and Meta Knight ones often. Ones posted to the "Support Kirby!" section actually tend to do quite well!

Last edited:

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero
I personally think Sailor Dee deserves an alt dedicated to him. Think about it this way. He has appeared in three games. Yes, he wasn't a fighter in those games. But Bandana Dee wasn't a fighter until Revenge of the King, and even then, he wasn't much of a fighter. Bandana Dee and Sailor Dee shared video game appearances until Kirby's Return to Dream Land (or Kirby's Adventure Wii for you PAL readers). In Kirby Super Star, Sailor Dee had a more pronounced role in the story, being a Meta-Knight whereas Bandana Dee was just a simple opponent in Megaton Punch. In Super Star Ultra, Bandana Dee got an extended role in the story, being the King's adviser, being very similar to Sailor Dee. They could have even been the same person (that is, until Mass Attack came out and they both had a cameo at the same time).

So, Sailor Dee had two important to the story appearances, but was left unfought. Lets look at other alts based on characters.

Kirby's Yellow alt: This is most likely a reference to when Miyamoto wanted Kirby to be Yellow. But, lets not forget about Keebey who has knowingly appeared in one game. There is also Yellow Kirby who has appeared in a few games, but before Smash 64, only Keebey had appeared.
In fact, Most of Kirby's alts are based on other Kirbies(Kirbys?) and MK.

Speaking of Meta Knight, lets take a look at his alts.

6th alt: Based off of Galacta Knight. Two appearances. Yes, he was a fightable opponent. However, one appearance could easily be missed, if you didn't try True Arena in Return to Dream Land.
SPOILER FOR KIRBY TRIPLE DELUXE BELOW

7th alt: Based off Dark Meta Knight. Two appearances. Once again, fightable. This time though, second appearance is not as missable, unless you ignore Extra Mode (Dededetour)

SPOILER ENDS

Those Meta Knight alts only had two appearances, although they were fightable in both appearances.
So, even though Sailor Dee hasn't been fightable, he has had three appearances, and I think Sailor Dee warrants at least one alt.

TL:DR Sailor Dee should be an alt because MK has alts that have less appearances
End of novel.

random rendum

Smash Journeyman
Hmm I'm questioning your reading skill, I guess you are dumber than I thought.

BTW Gets your facts straight :smirk:

We can play the ******* game..warning you I will win.
*punches* no you dont, :awesome:, you need to curse, so im more mature, im just putting my opinion, so smashified isn't as important as people say it is, waddle ball is horrible, I walk away winning,since you had to curse
@ random rendum random rendum @ GhostlyLure GhostlyLure
Ok, guy, this is getting out of hand ¬¬
I'm not really "someone" to say something like this
But I believe that both of you should drop this argument :drifloon:
Sometimes being the bigger man means to know when to walk away.
well I was stating an opinion, yes he didnt like it, I responded, so im gonna put my opinion, if he replies, more smart comments, I didn't really start being rude until last comment. :smash:
also...
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkUEVxoIw

MlWA7726SucY4RkghV.jpeg

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Woah, now, let's chill out. It's getting kinda aggro in here and that's not okay.
Full Sailor Dee alt, no :drwtf:
Palette swap Sailor Dee Alt, yes :dr^_^:
Just give BD's bandana some blue and white colors
Sailor Dee has never used a spear :drshrug:
That's...not what that would be saying at all. It's not like Bandanna Dee is the only important Waddle Dee in the series. Sailor Waddle Dee is the second most prominent Waddle Dee in the series, and as such, he deserves proper representation. Besides, you're looking way too far into this. It's just a harmless homage.
*punches* no you dont, :awesome:, you need to curse, so im more mature, im just putting my opinion, so smashified isn't as important as people say it is, waddle ball is horrible, I walk away winning,since you had to curse

well I was stating an opinion, yes he didnt like it, I responded, so im gonna put my opinion, if he replies, more smart comments, I didn't really start being rude until last comment. :smash:
also...

View attachment 64552
Truth be told, you're acting rather childish yourself.

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
I personally think Sailor Dee deserves an alt dedicated to him. Think about it this way. He has appeared in three games. Yes, he wasn't a fighter in those games. But Bandana Dee wasn't a fighter until Revenge of the King, and even then, he wasn't much of a fighter. Bandana Dee and Sailor Dee shared video game appearances until Kirby's Return to Dream Land (or Kirby's Adventure Wii for you PAL readers). In Kirby Super Star, Sailor Dee had a more pronounced role in the story, being a Meta-Knight whereas Bandana Dee was just a simple opponent in Megaton Punch. In Super Star Ultra, Bandana Dee got an extended role in the story, being the King's adviser, being very similar to Sailor Dee. They could have even been the same person (that is, until Mass Attack came out and they both had a cameo at the same time).

So, Sailor Dee had two important to the story appearances, but was left unfought. Lets look at other alts based on characters.

Kirby's Yellow alt: This is most likely a reference to when Miyamoto wanted Kirby to be Yellow. But, lets not forget about Keebey who has knowingly appeared in one game. There is also Yellow Kirby who has appeared in a few games, but before Smash 64, only Keebey had appeared.
In fact, Most of Kirby's alts are based on other Kirbies(Kirbys?) and MK.

Speaking of Meta Knight, lets take a look at his alts.

6th alt: Based off of Galacta Knight. Two appearances. Yes, he was a fightable opponent. However, one appearance could easily be missed, if you didn't try True Arena in Return to Dream Land.
SPOILER FOR KIRBY TRIPLE DELUXE BELOW

7th alt: Based off Dark Meta Knight. Two appearances. Once again, fightable. This time though, second appearance is not as missable, unless you ignore Extra Mode (Dededetour)

SPOILER ENDS
Those Meta Knight alts only had two appearances, although they were fightable in both appearances.
So, even though Sailor Dee hasn't been fightable, he has had three appearances, and I think Sailor Dee warrants at least one alt.

TL:DR Sailor Dee should be an alt because MK has alts that have less appearances
End of novel.
Sailor Dee DOESN'T FIGHT :drflip:
But if we're talking about palette swaps like the GK and DMK alts...
That's what I want, similar to the Daisy palette that Peach has :dr-_-:
Truth be told, you're acting rather childish yourself.
You are not helping :glare:

Last edited:

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
I recently got a Ness Amiibo in my local Gamestop.

Down in the plataform he say APE inc. Just beautiful man. I buy for Iwata after all.

Now Im back to being a Ghost Kirby.

Favorite Kirby game- Return to dream Land and Triple Deluxe.
Least favorite- Mass Attack (I don't hate the game though...)

I want a direct but whyout Iwata is gonna be soo strange...

random rendum

Smash Journeyman
im taking a break from this thread, a LONG break, bye, no one cares about my opinions, ill quit I guess

Last edited:

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero
Sailor Dee DOESN'T FIGHT :drflip:
But if we're talking about palette swaps like the GK and DMK alts...
That's what I want, similar to the Daisy palette that Peach has :dr-_-:

You are not helping :glare:
I mentioned in my post, Keeby. Now I stated that the Yellow Kirby alt more than likely references the Yellow Kirby Miyamoto wanted. Keeby is a yellow Kirby probably referencing the above. BUT, he doesn't exactly "fight" does he?

Let me ask something, Does Villager fight in Animal Crossing(I actually don't know, I never played it)?

(It turns out I have been spelling Keeby wrong this whole time. Even my username. Whoops.)

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Oh boy. I'm in a class right now, so I can't hit you immediately, but rest assured I'll be back. :evil:

Chandelure, feel free to call any other mods if you feel it necessary.

:231:

Last edited:

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
Sometimes being the bigger man means to know when to walk away.
Ahem do me a favor and try not to tell me who I am, as the type of person I am I don't take to stuff like this very kindly.

also...

View attachment 64552
Until your the person doing all the work (or any at that) I don't care about your opinion ^.^

im taking a break from this thread, a LONG break, bye, no one cares about my opinions, ill quit I guess
*Walks away winning*

While we are giving opinions...I've seen 3rd Graders with better grammar and spelling than you :smash:

Alright I think I'm done this is getting idiotic, I don't have the time nor the energy to deal with ignorance

Nobody tell me who I am and what I should be...there are somethings I don't stand for and that's one of them.

Trust me I can't get fierce...that was just the tip of the iceberg

Alright back to watching American Dad

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Oh boy. I'm in a class right now, so I can't hit you immediately, but rest assured I'll be back. :evil:
Well, that's ominous.
But those characters are important.
It's not like I'm asking for him to be his own character. Besides, if we want to play the importants card, most of the characters in Smash are more important to their series than Bandanna Dee is to his.

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
This is kind of a dumb argument since :4duckhunt:,:4rob:,:4villager:,:4wiifit:, and :4drmario: don't fight.
Guys Sailor Dee isn't an iconic character like Duck Hunt, R.O.B. or Wii Fit Trainer
Also, R.O.B. fights in practically all of his videogame appearences
Dr. Mario is just Mario in other clothes :p
You can't compare Sailor Dee to those characters
This is how I want a Sailor Dee alt

Made by Thelimomon

Last edited:

random rendum

Smash Journeyman
how did my fight start anyway? giving an opinion? I dont care... really a petty argument? pathetic, it was my honest opinion... and the mods said stop...

Last edited:
Top Bottom