• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
If we are going to team up with anybody, we should look to align ourselves with the other Kirby characters first IMO. That way it gives us all a clear goal (new Kirby rep), and all the groups benefit. Besides most Kirby fans I see want a new rep, and many don't care who, so we should take advantage of it. We don't really have to right now though, were plenty big on our own, but, I'd support it. How would you guys feel about it?
I only feel like teaming up with BDee folks. I have no interest interest in other Kirby characters in smash because I don't see them as remotely likely and so a waste of my efforts. As a big Kirby fan, if I want my fave franchise to get a rep, I'd support the most likely candidate because it's the only way Kirby as a franchise is getting a rep. If that rep has a big enough role and is relevant than he's the best bet. Being currently relevant is important as well since it seems that Smash is also used to promote and bolster other games. Think of how Shulk was put in just before the release of Xenoblade Chronicles X. People knowing Shulk from Smash would hopefully boost interest in Xenoblade Chronicles and vice versa. The only character I can see being of franchise importance and interesting to the sales of Kirby games is Bandana Waddle Dee who has been playable lately and in the latest releases. If BDee doesn't get in I don't see any other rep getting in, period. If that's the case I'd think that Sakurai is happy with what he believes are the sufficient characters that matter, Kirby-MK-King Dedede. Which means the concentration of further rep considerations will be on new ips, other underrepresented franchises, and possible third party reps...

Last edited:

Indefinite Minimum

Smash Journeyman
I only feel like teaming up with BDee folks. I have no interest interest in other Kirby characters in smash because I don't see them as remotely likely and so a waste of my efforts.
Or you could team up with the supporter of the second most likely Kirby representative, Dark Matter.

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
Sorry just been dealing with a lot of annoying people today(rough day). I felt you were insulting my intelligence (You were mind-****ing me.) so I kinda just stated what I thought. Friends :D *holds out waddle dee stub* :4duckhunt:

I was looking for a reaction image to answer you but I couldn't find anything
So here's something that I found on Tumblr :drohyou:
Also this argument

10/10 "Would argue again" :dr^_^:

Last edited:

Hypernovaguy64

Smash Lord
NNID
Warpstar64
So this whole teaming up with other Kirby rep supporters seems to be the talk of the town. If we're gonna do this, we gotta be sure it's what we want. So if you want to team up with more supporters, vote on it.

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
So this whole teaming up with other Kirby rep supporters seems to be the talk of the town. If we're gonna do this, we gotta be sure it's what we want. So if you want to team up with more supporters, vote on it.
I don't want to, and it may not be a good idea bc not everyone who support BDee are big kirby fans. Teaming up may scare people away :(

D

Deleted member

Hey here is this funny comic I found in deviantart :laugh:

this was done by slimthrowed in case you are interested.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
If we are going to team up with anybody, we should look to align ourselves with the other Kirby characters first IMO. That way it gives us all a clear goal (new Kirby rep), and all the groups benefit. Besides most Kirby fans I see want a new rep, and many don't care who, so we should take advantage of it. We don't really have to right now though, were plenty big on our own, but, I'd support it. How would you guys feel about it?
Would you like to team up with the Adeleine thread? I don't know if you would benefit from that, but even if at the moment it's not much active, it's still the second most active Kirby thread after the Bandana Dee one.
Even if I don't support BDee, I would still be fine with a partnership, since it would benefit the character I support.
(and maybe it would help to reduce the hate towards the fans of the two characters each other).

inb4kirbyqueensayingno :upsidedown:

P.S.: Ado's boss battle is now one of Nintendo's gretest bits! I'm refering to Amiibo Tap, Ado's battle is the scene 6 in the Kirby 3 demo. The funny part is that Paint Roller doesn't have a scene in the Kirby's Adventure demo but Ado has :awesome:

I like Dark Matter, Chef Kawasaki, Lololo&Lalala, Daroach and the animals, but I think they are very unlikely... except the animals that unfortunatelly are very hard to adapt to the gameplay of Smash so they probably won't ever make it in as playable.
Well Dark Matter in the swordman form could work, kinda...

Last edited:

Flying_Skitty

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1091-8635-3184
Pretty Much :3

Would you like to team up with the Adeleine thread? I don't know if you would benefit from that, but even if at the moment it's not much active, it's still the second most active Kirby thread after the Bandana Dee one.
Even if I don't support BDee, I would still be fine with a partnership, since it would benefit the character I support.
(and maybe it would help to reduce the hate towards the fans of the two characters each other).

P.S.: Ado's boss battle is now one of Nintendo's gretest bits! I'm refering to Amiibo Tap, Ado's battle is the scene 6 in the Kirby 3 demo. The funny part is that Paint Roller doesn't have a scene in the Kirby's Adventure demo but Ado has :awesome:

I like Dark Matter, Chef Kawasaki, Lololo&Lalala, Daroach and the animals, but I think they are very unlikely... except the animals that unfortunatelly are very hard to adapt to the gameplay of Smash so they probably won't ever make it in as playable.
I'll do it.

It got corrupted.:troll:

At least someone will get the reference right?
I think I do…

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi

My only thing is most Adeliene fans hate Bandanna Dee calling us casuals and whatnot I'm in to this though so I'll do it! (Also it's probabky good to do it with an underdog like Adeliene)

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I don't want to team up with other fanbases.
We are fine.
The only character that would make sense as a partner in my opinion is Magolor, because he is a "new" Kirby character and is also, at least, popular in Japan. Being the second most wanted Kirby newcomer in general.

It got corrupted.:troll:

At least someone will get the reference right?
I do.

Indefinite Minimum

Smash Journeyman
I don't think a partnership is necessary at all.
But there are so many benefits. If you team up with the Dark Matter fanbase, you'll get one whole vote. And maybe if you find another Dark Matter fan, you can tell them to support you as well. Then you'd have two whole votes. Sounds pretty good right?

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
But there are so many benefits. If you team up with the Dark Matter fanbase, you'll get one whole vote. And maybe if you find another Dark Matter fan, you can tell them to support you as well. Then you'd have two whole votes. Sounds pretty good right?
Once again, don't think it's necessary.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Well, I don't even know how teaming up/partnership would work anyway... I was just replying at Zero Soul's request.
Your thread is already very big, that's what I said in my previous post, I don't think it would benefit you, but if you want, I'm open for it.

I'm not against Bandana Dee as a whole, I'm just not interested and hope that someone else from Kirby will make it in too (I support Adeleine because she definitely needs support since she's underrated and overlooked, but I would be fine with any of the other characters I mentioned in my previous post, Dark Matter included - I would support if there was a thread).

Bandana Dee3

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0379-7875-6874
Only your last vote counts on the ballot.

My problem is that King K. Rool might use that they don't want a "generic character" and blah blah blah but we can take a chance.

On an unrelated now TheKingNappy said Waddle Dee (Bandanna Dee) would be legit in Smash [Course the chat was filled with people saying he is Dedede's side b (Brawl)]
:4link: to the video pls

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
I'm a bit late on the whole E3 predictions thing, but Kirby-wise, here are mine...

I think that Kirby 64 3D will be the next portable Kirby title, for a few good reasons;

1: Ever since the Game Boy Advance, each Nintendo handheld has gotten a portable remake of a previously home-console-only Kirby game. Kirby 64 is the next in line for this.

2: HAL Laboratory has been making a ton of references to Kirby 64 of late, in Kirby Triple Deluxe, Dedede's Drum Dash Deluxe, and Kirby Fighters Deluxe, and some recent official Miiverse postings.

3: Dedede's design in Kirby Triple Deluxe is a modernised version of his beakier, sterner-looking Kirby 64 look, animations and all. Considering that the rest of Triple Deluxe's art-style is more in line with Return to Dream Land's looks, this is pretty unusual to say the least, and seems to be setting the stage for some asset re-use for the only other game where this design was used before.

I also believe that we will see a new four-player home-console installment for the Wii U, as there's been a raft of new Kirby merchandise in Japan lately which is focussed entirely on the playable quartet*, but in a refreshed art-style that has not yet been used to promote any games. Of particular note here is that the Waddle Dee who is Dedede's head guard, whilst clearly the same fellow (as indicated by the spear), has shed his bandana in the artwork used for this. I strongly suspect that this general style will be used for an upcoming game (and the lack of bandana may well be another pointer toward a Kirby 64 remake, too, assuming that Kirby 64's Waddle Dee is also the same guy). And, of course, adding to this, there's the fact that that usual team didn't handle Kirby and the Rainbow Curse, too.

*I recall seeing someone ask a large number of pages ago if those photographs of those Kirby baseball caps are real. Yes, yes they are (sadly for me, the Dedede variant is not for sale yet, though the Kirby, Meta Knight, and Waddle Dee ones are). There are also face-towels, watches, a backpack, and numerous other new items to match.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Will I tried and they kindly and warmhearted said no oh will.......so indefinite minimum :)?

D

Deleted member

Teaming up is weird. I don't want to lie by saying I want, Adeliene :troll:, for example. But what would be worse would be people who say they want Bandana Dee and if he does get in, not care for him at all. That's just :sadsheep:

Last edited by a moderator:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Teaming up is weird. I don't want to lie by saying I want, Adeliene :troll:, for example. But what would be worse would be people who say they want Bandana Dee and if he does get in, not care for him at all. That's just :sadsheep:
Exactly how I feel.

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
I mean our ultimate goal is to get Bandanna in them not caring for him once he gets in is irrelevant because we got him in. As for lying..It all comes up to really wanting Bandanna Dee that much...I would team up with Adeliene only because she's unique I don't like much after that.

:103:

Last edited:

Indefinite Minimum

Smash Journeyman
I mean our ultimate goal is to get Bandanna in them not caring for him once he gets in is irrelevant because we got him in. As for lying..It all comes up to really wanting Bandanna Dee that much...I would team up with Adeliene only because she's unique I don't like much after that.

:103:
I don't think you realize the low risk nature of teaming up with Dark Matter. You see, I am the only Dark Matter supporter I know and Bandana Dee is my second choice, so you don't need to worry about a team causing him to become irrelevant. Because you would essentially be teaming up with me on my own, it creates a low risk high reward scenario.

Basically, you lose nothing and gain nothing while I lose nothing but gain a lot. It's the perfect plan. Or maybe I'm just messing with you. Who knows?

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
I don't think you realize the low risk nature of teaming up with Dark Matter. You see, I am the only Dark Matter supporter I know and Bandana Dee is my second choice, so you don't need to worry about a team causing him to become irrelevant. Because you would essentially be teaming up with me on my own, it creates a low risk high reward scenario.

Basically, you lose nothing and gain nothing while I lose nothing but gain a lot. It's the perfect plan. Or maybe I'm just messing with you. Who knows?
Dear Indefinite you miss understood me I meant if Bandanna Dee gets in and the people that teamed up with us don't like him that's irrelevant because we got him in.

Last edited:
Top Bottom