• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

08skidoosh80

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tyler80
3DS FC
3136-6615-9131
Switch FC
SW-5074-0505-2141
C'mon Bandana Dee! You've gotta pull through!
We know you can do it!

Dr. Canadian Bacon

Smash Cadet
Now.
Bandana Dee isn't in the 3DS version. But, I'm not giving up until Wii U version, he's still got a chance, everyone still has a chance. The game isn't over... I'm still holding out for Bandana Dee, he has no sign anywhere... Just like Ridley, K. Rool, Mewtwo, Chorus Kids... ect. They all have a chance, the Wii U version may come out, and the 3DS version then gets free update with Wii U characters. It's simple!

Or I'm just insane and disappointed Bandana Dee isn't in... Either way, I'm satisfied with the roster for now... Really hoping what I said is true... or we get DLC of him, because he honestly deserves it.

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
Guys... It was fun supporting him for this long... I was enjoying this thread to this very end, and now is part of my new BIG tree because, at least Shulk is in. but the Lack of Kirby disturb me, Seriously not Dark Meta Knight Alt. I see you guys, but is Dee need support, count me in, Bandana Team will come, in another day.

Talking about the Roster we really have good characters but the secret character are very flat out not-interesting with those clones over here and there. They could do it better than that.
Bowser Jr. and Duck Hunt(Hype for him) are the only interesting secret newcomers.

How people are more Hype for Third party characters and gag characters than guys like Greninja and Rosalina. C'mon how Duck Hunt was 4x than Lucina and Dark Pit, or even Bowser Jr!?

Last edited:

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Eeeehhh I really don't want to keep getting my hopes up. I don't get what I want in these fanfare type deals so I'll just have no expectations and if it happens I can be extra happy. Which could end up being better.

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
Don't think he's in. I sort of saw it coming tho... Just too bad. Oh, well. It's been fun being part of the most controversial groups in rtc!

synesthe-sia

Smash Journeyman
We shouldn't be like Ridley, Mewtwo or King K. Rool fans. DeeLC is an option, but let's not jump the gun and go, "yeah, he'll DEFINITELY be in." He could be, if there even is DLC. We gotta take it slow. Not even Sakurai has fully taken the Dee yet. Gotta go slow if it's your first time. For now, we enjoy Duck Hunt Dog, ROY ****ING KOOPA, Little Mac, Mega Man, Pac-Man and Robin.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Thinking about it. If Sakurai hates the current Kirby games, just because it lacks his touch, then shouldn't that mean he didn't create Bandana Dee?

synesthe-sia

Smash Journeyman
Thinking about it. If Sakurai hates the current Kirby games, just because it lacks his touch, then shouldn't that mean he didn't create Bandana Dee?
No idea what you're talking about. Regardless of what he thinks of the new Kirby games, it doesn't change the fact he created Bandana Dee.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
He quit HAL some time ago and isn't part of their offices right? So doesn't that mean that he doesn't own the copyright to Kirby?

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
He didn't create the many other characters he's put in smash. It's beyond mattering imo.

as for his feelings regarding the new Kirby games. We don't know. We don't know if he HATES them, dislikes aspects of them, loves the new game or not, has played them, kisses each cartridge before tucking them in at night.... we don't know.

It DOES seem that he doesn't acknowledge later titles as much or hardly in terms of smash representation.

the Mario games have a stage representing the NSMB games, Pokemon has a stage from the latest pokemon stage, there's even a stage for the last paper mario game that came out

the Kirby stage is a retro dreamland gameboy stage.

He seems a bit stuck on his own stuff in comparison and I assume he is but I don't really know what he REALLY thinks about modern Kirby. Unless he says otherwise himself in an interview, we don't know.

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
He didn't create the many other characters he's put in smash. It's beyond mattering imo.

as for his feelings regarding the new Kirby games. We don't know. We don't know if he HATES them, dislikes aspects of them, loves the new game or not, has played them, kisses each cartridge before tucking them in at night.... we don't know.

It DOES seem that he doesn't acknowledge later titles as much or hardly in terms of smash representation.

the Mario games have a stage representing the NSMB games, Pokemon has a stage from the latest pokemon stage, there's even a stage for the last paper mario game that came out

the Kirby stage is a retro dreamland gameboy stage.

He seems a bit stuck on his own stuff in comparison and I assume he is but I don't really know what he REALLY thinks about modern Kirby. Unless he says otherwise himself in an interview, we don't know.
>Smash 3DS.
>Classic Portable and Retro Stages.

Any other fanbase would say "what a surprise and awesome way to represent the series", f-zero for example, but because is sakurai AND is kirby not having the most recent features then people complain, come on, just wait for wii u.

Last edited:

PotatoMashedDee

Smash Cadet
yeah, we don't know if Sakurai hates Kirby franchise or not, when we see that Sakurai was grabbing Kirby amiibo in E3 for some reason and i was lurking his twitter(lol) and seeing he was retweeting fanmade kirby dumpling cake but well everyone loves Kirby so yeah we don't know about him towards Kirby games, yet we see it's really lacks of Kirby content and i think that HAL have a minimal supervised role in sm4sh(3rd party characters was supervised by 3rd party companies, right?), remembering Melee was the best Smash game and it was developed by HAL, i still wonder if the Melee smash team from HAL is still supervise sm4sh or not.

well, still disappointed of lack new and modern Kirby contents yet gameboy stages still throwback the nostalgia

hoping there will be more content in general for WiiU

speaking BDee, think he is the Zhao Yun version of Kirby franchise

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
>Smash 3DS.

Any other fanbase would say "what a surprise and awesome way to represent the series", f-zero for example, but because is sakurai AND is kirby not having the most recent features then people complain, come on, just wait for wii u.
F-zero fandom would be happy with anything really, it can't be compared to the Kirby franchise. I'd bet they'd think a stage with nothing but captain falcon's helmet on top of an actual falcon would be better than no representation at all. Can't blame them since f-zero gets no love.

I think it's okay to critic the fact that a nod to modern Kirby would be preferable to some fans. I can have a dissenting opinion... or as you like to rudely dismiss "complaining".

and I am waiting until the Wii U version as I've mentioned earlier in this post. It's my last hope for new stuff so here's hoping.

Last edited:

08skidoosh80

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tyler80
3DS FC
3136-6615-9131
Switch FC
SW-5074-0505-2141
Well, if irc, the 3ds is supposed to represent the past, and the Wii U version is supposed represent the present. This would mean we could in fact be getting some more modern Kirby representation in the Wii U version!
I really hope we get a RtDL stage with...
!Return to Dreamland spoilers!
Magalor (or his final form) as a boss

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
F-zero fandom would be happy with anything really, it can't be compared to the Kirby franchise. I'd bet they'd think a stage with nothing but captain falcon's helmet on top of an actual falcon would be better than no representation at all. Can't blame them since f-zero gets no love.

I think it's okay to critic the fact that a nod to modern Kirby would be preferable to some fans. I can have a dissenting opinion... or as you like to rudely dismiss "complaining".

and I am waiting until the Wii U version as I've mentioned earlier in this post. It's my last hope for new stuff so here's hoping.
mnah you was actually pointing sakurai to be bias, you are just not saying it.

Any kind of love is welcomed, mushroomy kingdom over a NSMB stage could've been considered a way to say "old times were better", even if that wasnt the intention back in the day (it truly wasnt).

Here is the same, 3DS has mainly a retro feel, it really has nothing to do :B

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Well, if irc, the 3ds is supposed to represent the past, and the Wii U version is supposed represent the present. This would mean we could in fact be getting some more modern Kirby representation in the Wii U version!
I really hope we get a RtDL stage with...
!Return to Dreamland spoilers!
Magalor (or his final form) as a boss
Well my preference for a modern stage is both as a sign that Sakurai acknowledges HAL's continued work on the franchise and BOSS STAGES! I want to see a boss stage so bad and if it's the Wii U version that has them and I really hope you're right!

mnah you was actually pointing sakurai to be bias, you are just not saying
Think what you want. For someone who has "hates arguments" in their sig, you sure don't seem at all like you do.

por favor dejame en paz.

Last edited:

PotatoMashedDee

Smash Cadet
@ kirby_queen kirby_queen i'd like to see your gameplay video of sm4sh WiiU when you have it so i can see you kicking ass with Kirby, since i feel that you're GOD to Kirby

to be honest i REALLY want Kracko to be boss stages or boss hazards, maybe he will be Dreamland stages? Kracko was the reoccuring boss since GB Kirby's Dreamland to Kirby TDX, so it's a GOOD representation of Kirby in general

Last edited:

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
@ kirby_queen kirby_queen i'd like to see your gameplay video of sm4sh WiiU when you have it so i can see you kicking *** with Kirby, since i feel that you're GOD to Kirby

to be honest i REALLY want Kracko to be boss stages or boss hazards, maybe he will be Dreamland stages? Kracko was the reoccuring boss since GB Kirby's Dreamland to Kirby TDX, so it's a GOOD representation of Kirby in general
I like to think I'm good with Kirby and fair really well against various groups of friends in the past but I'm still just a casual player. I don't play it in depth as other folks do so I'm far from the best or even great. I love that Crowned remix.

I love Kracko but I honestly want either Marx or Magolor. I don't want Kracko only because he's already a boss I've beaten in a fighting stage in Kirby's Fighters Deluxe just recently... haha. I would be happy though.

IronFish

Smash Ace
>Smash 3DS.

please leave, like now

08skidoosh80

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tyler80
3DS FC
3136-6615-9131
Switch FC
SW-5074-0505-2141
Well my preference for a modern stage is both as a sign that Sakurai acknowledges HAL's continued work on the franchise and BOSS STAGES! I want to see a boss stage so bad and if it's the Wii U version that has them and I really hope you're right!
A boss rush level would be AWESOME!
I can already see it:
It could be set in a stage like this

and have the bosses would keep coming with 20 second breaks but having them get stronger and stronger!
It could go something like this- Kracko>Daroach>HR-D3>Dark Matter>RtDL final>Marx

PotatoMashedDee

Smash Cadet
I like to think I'm good with Kirby and fair really well against various groups of friends in the past but I'm still just a casual player. I don't play it in depth as other folks do so I'm far from the best or even great. I love that Crowned remix.

I love Kracko but I honestly want either Marx or Magolor. I don't want Kracko only because he's already a boss I've beaten in a fighting stage in Kirby's Fighters Deluxe just recently... haha. I would be happy though.
oh ok, well then i hope you can enjoy sm4sh WiiU (>-' .'-)>

that CROWNED remix is superb, that i can recognize it using ZUNpet(Touhou fans called the trumpets instruments in every Touhou music as ZUNpet) and it making that remix so unique than other remixes(also i really love Itoki Hana's CROWNED vocal remix)

well i want Marx or Magolor to be AT, hey they're everybody's favorite villains so they deserved AT either as a normal form or boss form. Especially Marx when he is the villain in original Super Star that everybody knows.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
You want me to be honest?

I think that we have plenty Kirby content as of right now, even if it isn't what we wanted. Go look at other franchises such as Earthbound, Donkey Kong, and Metroid. Earthbound got it's only other representative cut, Donkey Kong barely has any content in the game at all, whether characters, stages, items, Smash Run enemies, etc. and Metroid is pretty much on the same boat as Donkey Kong. However, we have THREE CHARACTERS, TONS OF SMASH RUN ENEMIES, ACTUAL KIRBY ITEMS, A KIRBY STAGE THAT ISN'T JUST A RETURNING MELEE STAGE, AND TWO ASSIST TROPHIES. I'm sorry to anybody who thought we're going to be showered in Sakurai's bias. Sakurai's latest title is Kid Icarus, so of course he's more attached to that series. He also tries to be modest, even though he's really bad at it.

We have tons of Kirby content and some of you guys are being really entitled, acting like we're getting no Kirby content at all. Of course we haven't gotten much newer Kirby content, but to be honest, I'm not really sure what you guys expect from newer Kirby games other than a couple items and Bandana Dee. None of the newer enemies from the latest Kirby games are iconic enough to be in Smash Run, many of the newer Kirby items such as the Cracker Launcher wouldn't be that unique, and we don't even have proof that a new Kirby stage isn't in the Wii U version.

After Kirby: Fighters Deluxe, a lot of potential went into Kirby representation, but none of it could really fit that well. Gordo's could be an item, but they're already a Smash Run enemy. Bomber could be an item, but, quite frankly, we have too much "explosive" items. Invincibility Candy is pretty much replaced by Star Man, and we're not going to have City Trial boxes fall out of the sky to give us some items or something. No proof has been given that Kirby isn't getting a newer stage, as not all Wii U stages have been revealed. The 3DS is supposed to have stages from different handheld games - Kirby: Triple Deluxe was being developed too far into Smash Bros. development, so they probably didn't have any time to get information and add everything in. Kirby: Triple Deluxe is really the only newer Kirby game that could have had a stage on the 3DS Smash Bros, because I doubt Squeak Squad is popular enough to warrant a whole new stage. The only Kirby 3DS stages I expected were from Dream Land, Dream Land 2, or Kirby and The Amazing Mirror. We got Kirby's Dream Land, from THE FIRST KIRBY GAME. HOW ARE YOU NOT ****ING HAPPY ABOUT THAT? We also got A WHOLE NEW ASSIST TROPHY, WHICH IS ****ING NIGHTMARE! NIGHTMARE IS ****ING AWESOME! Did you guys really expect us to get something such as Queen Sectonia or Taranza as an assist trophy? I have no idea what you guys expected from newer Kirby games, mostly when nothing really warrants to be in the game. The only thing I can see from newer Kirby games is Bandana Dee, Magolor, and a newer Kirby stage on the Wii U.

This needs to stop. Just because Bandana Dee isn't in the initial roster doesn't mean Sakurai "is a biased idiot". Also, so what if he is? I'm sorry, but all of you guys would be just as biased. I'm not going to listen to all the replies talking about "how you'll be the greatest director of all time, giving each franchise perfect balance of reps", because you won't. He's the one who made Kirby, he's the one who made Smash Bros. I think he deserves to put in what he believes is best. None of us even COMPARE to how legendary of a game designer Sakurai is! Who made our beloved Kirby franchise? Hmm? OH YEAH, IT WAS SAKURAI.

Please, just stop.

---

Oh, and on another note, this is getting me so hyped!

Last edited:

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Um... based on the purpose of the thread, we expected Bandanna Dee to be in the game.
I have no idea what you guys expected from newer Kirby games, mostly when nothing really warrants to be in the game. The only thing I can see from newer Kirby games is Bandana Dee, Magolor, and a newer Kirby stage on the Wii U.
... Did you finish reading before responding?

Last edited:

kirby_queen

Smash Lord

I think that we have plenty Kirby content as of right now, even if it isn't what we wanted. Go look at other franchises such as Earthbound, Donkey Kong, and Metroid. Earthbound got it's only other representative cut, Donkey Kong barely has any content in the game at all, whether characters, stages, items, Smash Run enemies, etc. and Metroid is pretty much on the same boat as Donkey Kong. However, we have THREE CHARACTERS, TONS OF SMASH RUN ENEMIES, ACTUAL KIRBY ITEMS, A KIRBY STAGE THAT ISN'T JUST A RETURNING MELEE STAGE, AND TWO ASSIST TROPHIES. I'm sorry to anybody who thought we're going to be showered in Sakurai's bias. Sakurai's latest title is Kid Icarus, so of course he's more attached to that series. He also tries to be modest, even though he's really bad at it.

We have tons of Kirby content and some of you guys are being really entitled, acting like we're getting no Kirby content at all. Of course we haven't gotten much newer Kirby content, but to be honest, I'm not really sure what you guys expect from newer Kirby games other than a couple items and Bandana Dee. None of the newer enemies from the latest Kirby games are iconic enough to be in Smash Run, many of the newer Kirby items such as the Cracker Launcher wouldn't be that unique, and we don't even have proof that a new Kirby stage isn't in the Wii U version.

After Kirby: Fighters Deluxe, a lot of potential went into Kirby representation, but none of it could really fit that well. Gordo's could be an item, but they're already a Smash Run enemy. Bomber could be an item, but, quite frankly, we have too much "explosive" items. Invincibility Candy is pretty much replaced by Star Man, and we're not going to have City Trial boxes fall out of the sky to give us some items or something. No proof has been given that Kirby isn't getting a newer stage, as not all Wii U stages have been revealed. The 3DS is supposed to have stages from different handheld games - Kirby: Triple Deluxe was being developed too far into Smash Bros. development, so they probably didn't have any time to get information and add everything in. Kirby: Triple Deluxe is really the only newer Kirby game that could have had a stage on the 3DS Smash Bros, because I doubt Squeak Squad is popular enough to warrant a whole new stage. The only Kirby 3DS stages I expected were from Dream Land, Dream Land 2, or Kirby and The Amazing Mirror. We got Kirby's Dream Land, from THE FIRST KIRBY GAME. HOW ARE YOU NOT ****ING HAPPY ABOUT THAT? We also got A WHOLE NEW ASSIST TROPHY, WHICH IS ****ING NIGHTMARE! NIGHTMARE IS ****ING AWESOME! Did you guys really expect us to get something such as Queen Sectonia or Taranza as an assist trophy? I have no idea what you guys expected from newer Kirby games, mostly when nothing really warrants to be in the game. The only thing I can see from newer Kirby games is Bandana Dee, Magolor, and a newer Kirby stage on the Wii U.

This needs to stop. Just because Bandana Dee isn't in the initial roster doesn't mean Sakurai "is a biased idiot". Also, so what if he is? I'm sorry, but all of you guys would be just as biased. I'm not going to listen to all the replies talking about "how you'll be the greatest director of all time, giving each franchise perfect balance of reps", because you won't. He's the one who made Kirby, he's the one who made Smash Bros. I think he deserves to put in what he believes is best. None of us even COMPARE to how legendary of a game designer Sakurai is! Who made our beloved Kirby franchise? Hmm? OH YEAH, IT WAS SAKURAI.

Please, just stop.

---

Who the heck is calling Sakurai an idiot? He's far from that. I think some are you all are being sensitive about defending him. I know he gets a lot of undue criticism and some of it truly is vapid but fans can always have desires regarding their favorite games and it's because they ARE so passionate about it. I'm ALWAYS going to want more Kirby stuff regardless. Just comes with the territory. Am I calling Sakurai an idiot and saying I won't play smash no more? No... no one in these threads are even acting like they're ready to boycott or start a riot. This thread is probably the calmest one, I'm betting.

Please he doesn't need a defense force either. Guy's going to make huge bank regardless of what forum goers from no where think, lolol

Morbi

Scavenger
... Did you finish reading before responding?
Why is it your first assumption that I did not read your post? Here is the only portion I quoted...

"I have no idea what you guys expected from newer Kirby games, mostly when nothing really warrants to be in the game."

To which I responded, "Bandanna Dee."

You asserting, "the most I can see," does not negate your preceding sentence. You insinuated that you did not understand what we expected. I answered your question. Do not blame me because you did not phrase your thoughts properly.

Last edited:

PotatoMashedDee

Smash Cadet

Please, just stop.

---

This tho, even we can disappointed BDee isn't in, but then we see A SWEET NOVA, HOLY NIGHTMARE WIZARD AT THAT MAKES ME SQUEAL REALLY HARD, KIRBY ADVENTURE/NIGHTMARE IN DREAMLAND IS GREAT GAME!!!

AND LET'S REMEMBER ABOUT NEW KIRBY FS DESPITE BEING ONLY MODERN KIRBY CONTENT THAT IS KICKING ASS, HECK IS EVEN MORE KICKING ASS THAN LINK'S FS IN MY OPINION. ULTRA SWORD!!!

we can just wait more DK, Metroid, or Kirby modern content in the future, yet we still don't know what happen in the future

so yeah even in my opinion needed more Kirby, but this time the content is enough to make we happy atleast

also Beetle ability bonus hat in Kirby Fighter Deluxe is legit cake, Hail Hydra

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Part of being in a fanbase are the complaints. I've just learned to ignore and roll with it, unless someone makes a point that is really dumb/not informative or they need to be kept up to date or super interesting and worth discussing.

Moving on, character wise people get caught in the hype. I've made light of this in the past few pages but people were already claiming he was in. I told them not to hope to much and despite the reality of it all, we're not the worst thread on here thats talking about the game. At least our thread is still open and we can discuss things civilly.

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
yeah I'm sure Sakurai needs to be protected from all these entitled forum goers, sure he's wiping his tears with all that yen ::rolls eyes::

I think the "complaining" is merely expressing a dissatisfaction with the content being new... we got new content but it's not the quantity some of us were complaining about but the freshness, I suppose. Some people have their preferences for what that content should be and we all have our opinions on the matter. However, no one is attacking Sakurai's skill as a director himself. He obviously knows how to craft a multiplayer experience anyway. His record indicates it. I just can't stop laughing at the absurd idea that we're doing him major wrong.

again I'm sure he's crying all the way to the bank.

moving on indeed.

PotatoMashedDee

Smash Cadet
yeah complaints is a normal stuff, either is informative or dumb.

And also Sakurai need to rest atleast, he have some serious health problem and developing sm4sh is really hard, so i hope after this he can rest, hangout with his family and friends, and even hangout and play with his cat :D

Speaking BDee, i think that the reason why he is not wielding his spear in revenge of the king because there's no time to take the spear and sacrifice himself. quite honorable.

i think Kirby and BDee relationship is quite funny weird, from inhaled by Kirby to become best friends and helping Kirby

also here a link of old but interesting interview with HAL Laboratory if you didn't see this before
http://www.vg247.com/2014/05/22/kirby-hal-laboratories-nintendo-interview/

Last edited:

Enigma14

Smash Champion
If you want people attacking him, go ask that guy who knows how to make a game or not.

Last edited:

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
Why is it your first assumption that I did not read your post? Here is the only portion I quoted...

"I have no idea what you guys expected from newer Kirby games, mostly when nothing really warrants to be in the game."

You asserting, "the most I can see," does not negate your preceding sentence. You insinuated that you did not understand what we expected. I answered your question. Do not blame me because you did not phrase your thoughts properly. :troll:
...you actually saw evil dead for the plot, dont you? :p

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
yeah complaints is a normal stuff, either is informative or dumb.

And also Sakurai need to rest atleast, he have some serious health problem and developing sm4sh is really hard, so i hope after this he can rest, hangout with his family and friends, and even hangout and play with his cat :D

Speaking BDee, i think that the reason why he is not wielding his spear in revenge of the king because there's no time to take the spear and sacrifice himself. quite honorable.

i think Kirby and BDee relationship is quite funny weird, from inhaled by Kirby to become best friends and helping Kirby

also here a link of old but interesting interview with HAL Laboratory if you didn't see this before
http://www.vg247.com/2014/05/22/kirby-hal-laboratories-nintendo-interview/
I've read this interview already serveral times. I LOVE this interview. I love how Shinya Kumazaki acknowledges hardcore fans of Kirby and the misconception people have about Kirby games.

He gives me such hope as the current director of Kirby games because of this. He really acknowledges what made KSS fun and what core fans enjoy about the gameplay. When he talks about translating the way Kirby's powers work in his games into 3D, I just know he's talking about how to make movesets and powers work in 3D and how he can give us that same feeling.

I really hope this is a venture he's still taking. I'm going to say that before the Wii U goes out, Kirby's trend of swan song games, will occur again with a 3D platformer.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl

You asserting, "the most I can see," does not negate your preceding sentence. You insinuated that you did not understand what we expected. I answered your question. Do not blame me because you did not phrase your thoughts properly.
Oh ****, sorry if I sounded rude or something. Hopefully you're not mad at me or something. I see what you're talking about though. My post was extremely sloppy, and was a bit rushed, so I probably came out wrong. Sorry again, I didn't mean to sound rude.

I've read this interview already serveral times. I LOVE this interview. I love how Shinya Kumazaki acknowledges hardcore fans of Kirby and the misconception people have about Kirby games.

He gives me such hope as the current director of Kirby games because of this. He really acknowledges what made KSS fun and what core fans enjoy about the gameplay. When he talks about translating the way Kirby's powers work in his games into 3D, I just know he's talking about how to make movesets and powers work in 3D and how he can give us that same feeling.

I really hope this is a venture he's still taking. I'm going to say that before the Wii U goes out, Kirby's trend of swan song games, will occur again with a 3D platformer.
Kumazaki, honestly, is my favorite Kirby game. I've read sseveral interviews that included him, and he always references the best features used in other Kirby games. He seems to do Kirby a lot better than the others, to be honest. I can't really go into detail since I'm on mobile, so I'll talk more about how I feel about him tommorow.

Last edited:

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
I'm just going to posts my favorite quotes from that interview because I love it so much. Also my mistake but the quotes I mentioned before are actually by Hattori

Hattori: “One day shortly after the release of Kirby: Triple Deluxe in Japan, I happened to see a little child on the train hugging a Kirby plushy with a big grin on their face. I can still remember how happy they looked. Their mother looked to have been in her 30s, the same generation as me. It just struck me as very humbling that this lady might have played the very first Kirby game, and 20 years later is able to enjoy it again with her own child.”

Hattori: “Maybe there is a bias against the Kirby IP as a whole with people thinking they are games just for young children. Although we’ve made the games so that even a novice can play them, they aren’t just something that only novices can enjoy.

“We designed the games to have a high degree of freedom so that even core action game fans could play it again and again and still enjoy it. We’ve had core Kirby fans in Japan for a long while, and they have followed the various different play styles we adopted, but there are still going to be people selecting Kirby as their first action game.

“We take the utmost care in making the game so that we meet the needs of both of these groups of users. Because of this, I think if someone thinking it was simply a game aimed at children took a chance and tried it out, they would find it surprisingly deep.”

Kumazaki: “We’re really interested in making a fully 3D Kirby game! I suspect there are also more than a few users who’d appreciate being able to freely run around a sprawling map, fighting with copy abilities.

“In one of our previous titles, Kirby Air Ride (seen below), there was a mode called City Trial which saw players racing around a large 3D city area on Air Ride Machines. It definitely showed off how well the combination of the Kirby style action and 3D environment works, so I think it’s certainly a possibility given how much Kirby is capable of!

Top Bottom