• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Thats a shame, I'd love a Kirby vs Dedede trailer where D3 is in trouble, so BD comes to save the day by knocking Kirby away.

Last edited:

synesthe-sia

Smash Journeyman
I have to say, if Kirby were to ever get another representative in Super Smash Bros., Bandanna Waddle Dee would be the one and likely only one do get that honor.

...Not this time, though. Somehow, I get the feeling that he'll sit this one out. There doesn't really seem to be anything indicating that Bandanna Dee would be playable, not to mention we have so many other characters filling up the roster as it is. Also, despite Bandanna Dee's increasing relevance in the Kirby series as of late, I don't think he's gotten to be THAT important to warrant a spot on the roster, at least not yet.

I mean, there MIGHT be a chance, and I certainly would welcome it, but I'm not holding my breath.
But Dee's got a BIG chance for Smash 5.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
WE NEED TO GET TO 200 PAGES BEFORE THE GAME IS RELEASED OK GUYS

Last edited:

Enigma14

Smash Champion
For lulz it will be given 5 jumps to match the other characters just like in KRtD

Enigma14

Smash Champion
How would spear copter work?

Does it get charged while on the ground or is it automatic?

D

Deleted member

You guys have it wrong for the spearcopter. Its instant in the air, and he gets a good initial boost off of it. Multiple hits trap opponents that are caught by that portion, and then proceed to produce a fairly large amount of knockback when the initial boost ends. Bandana Dee can then fly down with a moving hitbox, kinda like Peach's up B, and can cancel it by pressing down, like Peach's up B.
On the ground, he charges it up, then boosts upwards with a stronger hitbox.

But thats just my dollar two cents.
That looks amazing! :love: Did you make that? If you did, it might look even better, but I don't know if thats possible!

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Reading through the movesets others have made and the first gave him a LANDMASTER as a final smash. xD

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
So hits once with some recovery? In KRtD it had multiple hits.
Link's Spin Attack has multiple hits in the air.
But, yeah, it was an example.
That looks amazing! :love: Did you make that? If you did, it might look even better, but I don't know if thats possible!
Yeah, it looks amazing!
I didn't do it :c XD

Last edited:

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Link's Spin Attack has multiple hits in the air.
But, yeah, it was an example.
Though that was Tink's recovery.

Speaking of recovery, would it be wise to have the spear used as a tether? I can see it, but at the same time, I could also see it as a small platform for others to stand on.

AutorQuinttana

Smash Rookie
That picture is from a friend! What a coincidence.

Well, I say hello, I read long ago, but never comment. I like Bandana Dee, and since much I want for Smash 4 makes (is the character I love most in the game!), And I feel I have a good opontunidad appear, plus their movimienos are great, especially Spear Copter!

Whenever I talk to my friends about Bandana Dee, say their design is boring and ... read with attention ... They say it would be a clone of Kirby and Link! It makes no sense!

Least here I find people who think like me about this little orange ball with a bandana. Oh, almost forgot, the sets of movements created are great, I saw one that used various objects of Waddle Dee, and I loved it.

Well, we're going through a difficult momeno for Bandana Dee, but we have to hope and wait until the 13th to find out their fate.

PD: Sorry for my bad English, I speak Spanish, I need to use my own experience and Google translator.

PD2: I do not think much comment, but know that I always read.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Your friends lack imagination then.

Meta Knight is more likely to be a clone of Link (shoots projectiles from swords, wind elements, down thrust, tornado like moves), then De is.

Also De lacks a mouth like Kirby.

smashkirby

Smash Hero

Well, I say hello, I read long ago, but never comment. I like Bandana Dee, and since much I want for Smash 4 makes (is the character I love most in the game!), And I feel I have a good opontunidad appear, plus their movimienos are great, especially Spear Copter!

Whenever I talk to my friends about Bandana Dee, say their design is boring and ... read with attention ... They say it would be a clone of Kirby and Link! It makes no sense!

Least here I find people who think like me about this little orange ball with a bandana. Oh, almost forgot, the sets of movements created are great, I saw one that used various objects of Waddle Dee, and I loved it.

Well, we're going through a difficult momeno for Bandana Dee, but we have to hope and wait until the 13th to find out their fate.

PD: Sorry for my bad English, I speak Spanish, I need to use my own experience and Google translator.

Welcome to Bandana Waddle Dee's Bandana Brigade!:b: (*raises spear*)

Enigma14

Smash Champion
You know, looking closer at this cute piece of art, please, someone tell me I'm not the only one who can see this art as B.D.'s official artwork for Smash 4?!
That retro Dreamland 3 art style? Depends on if Sakurai likes the titles he didn't work on.

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory
You know, looking closer at this cute piece of art, please, someone tell me I'm not the only one who can see this art as B.D.'s official artwork for Smash 4?!
Same body position? Sure.

Same art style? Probably not.

D

Deleted member

How would spear copter work?

Does it get charged while on the ground or is it automatic?
I think that you will be able to charge it slightly.

I think that the Spear Copter will work by having Bandana Dee ascend and he could freely move in every single direction. Because of this, it will easily be one of the best recovery moves in the game; he could go from the magnifying area to the edge of a platform easily. An amazing recovery will make up for a single double jump.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain

¡Bienvenido!

IronFish

Smash Ace
This wait is killing me, now I kinda get how Ridley people feel... Sakurai hasn't made any word about BD yet, and that's... suspicious to say the least...

FangedSniper

Smash Apprentice
Ice climbers were sacrificed for Bandana Dee.

There can only be one overly cute character in smash

(Kirby is a blob, but the ice climbers were sliming little kids that helped eachother and wore silly costumes. Point to the climbers)

Servine

Smash Cadet
I think the Ice Climbers will still make it back in.
Still holding on to hope, guys. We've still got 4 whole days until the game is released in Japan.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
My hope is for next game. I've seen the Geno Alliance fall apart during Brawl's time on here, and well I'd like for history to not repeat.

On the plus side: Assuming we're getting a few successful IPs in the next few years (Xenoblade success) the next newcomers would be somewhere from 12-18 characters.

Clones are always guaranteed to be added due to saving on resources, time and budget so to see BD in the next game as playable is likely. That and in its home game, it throws food to Kirby and Isabelle does that already. That and no two assist trophies do the same thing besides the sword users right?

Last edited:

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Ice climbers were sacrificed for Bandana Dee.

There can only be one overly cute character in smash

(Kirby is a blob, but the ice climbers were sliming little kids that helped eachother and wore silly costumes. Point to the climbers)
Kirby > all characters for cute sorry

He's a little baby pudgy round squishy strawberry cake loving cotton candy monster from the world of stars and candy. Also... those hats.
point to Kirby!

All other Kirby characters are also cute by default

IronFish

Smash Ace
Kirby > all characters for cute sorry

He's a little baby pudgy round squishy strawberry cake loving cotton candy monster from the world of stars and candy. Also... those hats.
point to Kirby!

All other Kirby characters are also cute by default
Especially:4metaknight:

Top Bottom