• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero
If he is revealed, I will probably have hidden joy until I can buy him. If I have open joy, people will then ask me 'why are you so happy' and then I would have to explain it but other people won't be there so I will have to explain it to lots of people but I really hate repeating myself so I would start getting annoyed.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
.U. I'm not sure if it is a joke...but...are you really people scared of that number? it's just superstition.
And if I understand it correctly, it's a mistranslation of sorts, anyway. The original and correct one is 616, and not only did we leave that page behind ages ago, @MarioMeteor was the very first person to post on that page. ;)

I've got an idea for a topic.

Type your reaction if Bandana Dee were to be revealed. Mine will be typed once I've seen at least 3.
As I've said in response to similar questions in the K. Rool support thread, I'd probably be surprisingly calm. Then I'd probably bounce off of everyone else's freak-outs for the fun of it. :laugh: It'd be great!

I've got an idea for a topic.

Type your reaction if Bandana Dee were to be revealed. Mine will be typed once I've seen at least 3.
I'd have a heart attack. (Why can't I strikethrough anymore? I'm deesappointed.)

Actual reaction: I would be very deelighted and would go buy him instantly.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I know that, but a list doesn't make a character a shoo-in.
And I said that because you said something about annoy Gamefaqs users, not because you said Bandana Dee is likely.
Whoa calm down, it was only a joke, sorry to rile you up. Besides, the list was just a way to compile the most likely additions.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Has anyone else noticed that Chandy has been acting strange around me? He's making me kind of look bad. I know I've made mistakes in this past, but hasn't everyone? What's going on?

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I haven't noticed...

EDIT: How is he making you look bad?
He's been pointing out a lot of my mistakes, and It's making me look like a questionable figure. In fact, last time he pointed something out was a joke I made about Gamefaqs, and he then accused me of wanting to annoy them.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
He's been pointing out a lot of my mistakes, and It's making me look like a questionable figure.
Chandeelure Chandeelure stated before all he wants people to do in this thread is to stay on topic with BDee stuff and don't spread incorrect information around like it's a fact. He has done similar things to other people, so, it's not like he's singling you out ot anything.

Morbi

Scavenger
Has anyone else noticed that Chandy has been acting strange around me? He's making me kind of look bad. I know I've made mistakes in this past, but hasn't everyone? What's going on?
Minor disagreements are bound to happen; however, I highly doubt that he intends to make you look bad. As far as I understand, if you support Bandana Dee, you are a friend of Chandelure. If you make a mistake, brush it off. Perhaps him pointing out that mistake will help you in the future, as you would be less inclined to do it once more whereas if he did not say anything, well, you get the point. The only important thing here is your support for Bandana Dee.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Chandeelure Chandeelure stated before all he wants people to do in this thread is to stay on topic with BDee stuff and don't spread incorrect information around like it's a fact. He has done similar things to other people, so, it's not like he's singling you out ot anything.
But the last time I did something, it was on topic, but a joke. And he still pointed it out as though it was a mistake.
Minor disagreements are bound to happen; however, I highly doubt that he intends to make you look bad. As far as I understand, if you support Bandana Dee, you are a friend of Chandelure. If you make a mistake, brush it off. Perhaps him pointing out that mistake will help you in the future, as you would be less inclined to do it once more whereas if he did not say anything, well, you get the point. The only important thing here is your support for Bandana Dee.
Huh, I see your point. Okay, I'll take your word! :)

Last edited:
Agreed. I don't think Chandelure has anything against anyone, especially towards other members of Bandana Brigade.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
He's been pointing out a lot of my mistakes, and It's making me look like a questionable figure.
He's offered you valuable guidance, because it's poor form to tag people in posts and then say accusatory and incorrect things about them as if they won't see it, and it's also poor form to talk about going off to annoy random strangers on some other site, even if the latter is a joke.

I'm quite certain that Chandy has pointed out such things so as to help you to improve, and to prevent you from becoming a questionable figure. ;)

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
He's offered you valuable guidance, because it's poor form to tag people in posts and then say accusatory and incorrect things about them as if they won't see it, and it's also poor form to talk about going off to annoy random strangers on some other site, even if the latter is a joke.

I'm quite certain that Chandy has pointed out such things so as to help you to improve, and to prevent you from becoming a questionable figure. ;)
The first one was a mistake I didn't correct, and also a mistake in general, auto-correct slipped up, and the accusations I made were unintentionally false, and the second one, yeah, I see your point. Thank you for letting me realise this! :)

Last edited:

Hypernovaguy64

Smash Lord
NNID
Warpstar64
We're getting very close to page 666. I'M GETTING THAT FIRST POST.

My reaction if Bandana Dee were revealed? Scream and kick at the wall. Chew up my shoes and video tape myself eating a molded sandwich while doing the casper slide. I'd then send that video to Etika.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
My reaction to Bandana Dee would be that I would scream with joy, and then keep saying yes over and over and then shed tears of joy. Or Etika X 1000.

Last edited:

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero
People posting their reactions, but the way they are saying it, it seems like they will be on a sugar rush while doing so. Why does nobody go for the "Oh cool, he's in."?

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
People posting their reactions, but the way they are saying it, it seems like they will be on a sugar rush while doing so. Why does nobody go for the "Oh cool, he's in."?
Because that's no way to party!

(Source.)

Seriously, though, I think I'm the only one who said they'd be in some way calm. :laugh:

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero
Because that's no way to party!

(Source.)

Seriously, though, I think I'm the only one who said they'd be in some way calm. :laugh:
I said I would be calm. To quote myself:
"If he is revealed, I will probably have hidden joy until I can buy him. If I have open joy, people will then ask me 'why are you so happy' and then I would have to explain it but other people won't be there so I will have to explain it to lots of people but I really hate repeating myself so I would start getting annoyed."

Also, slightly differently, I had a dream last night that a Waddle Dee got into Smash 4, and it was called, weirdly "Wii Waddle Dee" and I remember saying in that dream "If they say Wii Waddle Dee, that means that BDee could still get in." I rarely remember dreams, so this must have been kind of weird.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
I said I would be calm. To quote myself:
"If he is revealed, I will probably have hidden joy until I can buy him. If I have open joy, people will then ask me 'why are you so happy' and then I would have to explain it but other people won't be there so I will have to explain it to lots of people but I really hate repeating myself so I would start getting annoyed."
I meant other than yourself. :laugh: Sorry, I thought that was clear from context. :)

Also, slightly differently, I had a dream last night that a Waddle Dee got into Smash 4, and it was called, weirdly "Wii Waddle Dee" and I remember saying in that dream "If they say Wii Waddle Dee, that means that BDee could still get in." I rarely remember dreams, so this must have been kind of weird.
I'm imagining a Waddle Dee wearing a hat like you'd see in StreetPass Mii Plaza, for some reason.

Crimson23

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0662-3915-4434
And if I understand it correctly, it's a mistranslation of sorts, anyway. The original and correct one is 616, and not only did we leave that page behind ages ago, @MarioMeteor was the very first person to post on that page. ;)
Well then.
If BDee gets announced, I'd probably go crazy for half a minute, then be chill.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Also, one more thing I want to say about my prediction list is that I was suprised by the results of it. I didn't expect it to turn out the way it did. (Another thing was that of all characters Cloud Strife from Final Fantasy 7 was one of the choices for the list. However I didn't pick him.)

Last edited:

BlueZard

Smash Journeyman
NNID
tangerine1234
I know I'm a little bit late to the party, but if Bandana Dee is revealed, my reaction would probably be something like this:

"YESSSS! BANDANA DEE! *Joyful screeching*! I knew you could do it, buddy!"

In fact... If he makes it in, that will probably be my new status message for a while. XD

Furret24

Smash Master
Also, one more thing I want to say about my prediction list is that I was suprised by the results of it. I didn't expect it to turn out the way it did. (Another thing was that of all characters Cloud Strife from Final Fantasy 7 was one of the choices for the list. However I didn't pick him.)
How'd you determine your choices?

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
How'd you determine your choices?
Oh, it wasn't entirely me, @PushDustIn has found results through research across the internet and has recorded what characters are popular, have good chances, etc. If you want the full list of characters that were listed, please ask.

Last edited:

Furret24

Smash Master
Oh, it wasn't entirely me, @PushDustIn has found results through research across the internet and has recorded what characters are popular, have good chances, etc. If you want the full list of characters that were listed, please ask.
You put Shovel Knight and a random SEGA character.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
You put Shovel Knight and a random SEGA character.
It's actually not a random SEGA character, but rather the main character from the popular Puyo Puyo series, it's never really been popular outside of Japan, but it's sales are impressive none the less. Plus it would help boost the series popularity outside of Japan ala Marth and Roy. As for Shovel Knight, he has a very credible rumor that could end up turning true.

Last edited:

Welshy91

Smash Ace
I'll admit, never thought this thread would get this big. Congrats on approaching the number of the beast.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
It's actually not a random SEGA character,
Nor a Sega creation, as we all know, but that's a moot point nowadays. I feel sorry for the Puyo Puyo series in the same way that I feel sorry for the Bomberman series - both series popular in the 1990s that were bought up by other companies and effectively killed off in one way or another. :c

but rather the main character from the popular Puyo Puyo series, it's never really been popular outside of Japan, but it's sales are impressive none the less.
Except, via three or four localised versions, it was, in the mid-to-late-1990s, where it was very well-received outside of Japan indeed.

Plus it would help boost the series popularity outside of Japan ala Marth and Roy.
Er, no. What would actually help here is if they hadn't stopped releasing the games outside of Japan years ago. I dare say that the series nosedived outside of Japan after it was bought up by Sega.

As for Shovel Knight, he has a very credible rumor that could end up turning true.
Didn't you believe that random rumour by a guy who claimed to work for Bandai-Namco Games, too? ;)

I'll admit, never thought this thread would get this big. Congrats on approaching the number of the beast.
Hey, thanks very much! :grin:

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Nor a Sega creation, as we all know, but that's a moot point nowadays. I feel sorry for the Puyo Puyo series in the same way that I feel sorry for the Bomberman series - both series popular in the 1990s that were bought up by other companies and effectively killed off in one way or another. :c

Except, via three or four localised versions, it was, in the mid-to-late-1990s, where it was very well-received outside of Japan indeed.

Er, no. What would actually help here is if they hadn't stopped releasing the games outside of Japan years ago. I dare say that the series nosedived outside of Japan after it was bought up by Sega.

Didn't you believe that random rumour by a guy who claimed to work for Bandai-Namco Games, too? ;)

Hey, thanks very much! :grin:
That was different, and I have second thoughts now, it was just the information drought that most likely convinced me (Also someone convinced me it was fake through a PM). Also I've been in contact with @Tama before. As for Arle, she's been highly requested in Japan, and from what I've seen the series is still going strong (in Japan) and it's most recent game was in fact, a crossover with Tetris. I can see people in the West becoming more invested in the series if she's included. (Also the other option was Cloud, and I think we all know he's definitely not going to happen.) Also I know it was always very well recived, but I was more or so talking about sales.

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
That was different, and I have second thoughts now, it was just the information drought that most likely convinced me (Also someone convinced me it was fake through a PM).
I'm just saying, it's best not to automatically believe every rumour that pops up. ;)

As for Arle, she's been highly requested in Japan, and from What I've seen the series is still going strong (in Japan) and it's most recent game was in fact, a crossover with Tetris. I can see people in the West becoming more invested in the series if she's included.
Current decisions to replace Arle with a random anime-licensed character have already thrown a spanner in the works for future localisations, however.

(Also the other option was Cloud, and I think we all know he's definitely not going to happen.)
Ah, Cloud. Have your picks come from the lowest percentages from the pie-chart here, by any chance...?

Also I know it was always very well recived, but I was more or so talking about sales.
Fair enough. :)

HES TAKING OGRE.
It's not ogre 'til it's ogre! :laugh:

Furret24

Smash Master
It's actually not a random SEGA character, but rather the main character from the popular Puyo Puyo series, it's never really been popular outside of Japan, but it's sales are impressive none the less. Plus it would help boost the series popularity outside of Japan ala Marth and Roy. As for Shovel Knight, he has a very credible rumor that could end up turning true.
Shovel Knight is an indie character that has only appeared in a single third party game. Do I really need to say any more.

Puyo Puyo is a third party franchise. Unless you're as well known or popular as Sonic, Pac-Man, or Ryu, you aren't getting in.

D

Deleted member

never underestimate the Kirby fanbase my friend we are tough SOB who well work together to get what we want ROW,ROW, FIGHT THE POWER TO GET BANDANA WADDLE DEE IN SMASH 4! LET DO THIS BROTHER AND SISTER BANDANA WADDLE DEE SUPPORTERS!

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I'm just saying, it's best not to automatically believe every rumour that pops up. ;)

Current decisions to replace Arle with a random anime-licensed character have already thrown a spanner in the works for future localisations, however.

Ah, Cloud. Have your picks come from the lowest percentages from the pie-chart here, by any chance...?

Fair enough. :)

It's not ogre 'til it's ogre! :laugh:
(Puyo Puyo) Wait, say whut? Hatsune Miku Puyo Puyo editon!? CURSE YOU SEGA-SAMMY!!! (Rumors) No, that rumor was just a mistake on my behalf, I do think some of the stuff in it will come true though, by coincidence of course. (Character list) I asked Push for a list of characters he thinks may be likely and he gave me about 12 choices and possible outcomes. I put the list together by process of elimination and the result is what you saw. So technically, yes, certain things may've been from the poll.

Last edited:

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
I would be perfectly calm, I'm really not all that super wanting him to be playable really. I would LIKE to see Dee in, definitely. If he gets in I will be "Oh, awesome! Time to go congratulate the Bandana Brigade, then buy B. Dee and see if he's secondary material."

Edit: Also, Nintenzilla, I think something like this would be better to be brought up with Chandy in private instead of garnering attention in the B.Dee support thread.

Last edited:
Top Bottom