• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters
D

Deleted member

Well they're not really fit for battle, I would've liked ATTACK!
I have this on Metal Crystal in Project M. That song really reminded me of the Metal Mario theme from Smash 64.

He is cute, an Underdog and for some reason I always liked characters that are like just a generic enemy but NOT a generic enemy, it makes the species feel more like a species and less like just some filler
Also he has some crazy swag :p
HAHAHA! I remember I made this a year ago or something! :laugh:

Everytime I play in the Great Cave Offensive Stage (Omega Form obviously XD) and "The Adventure Begins" starts I'm like:

Why, Sakurai? WHY?
Because the games are not made by Sakurai.
"I didn't make these games? They don't exist! *laughs*"

D

Deleted member

Arenas in Kirby are hard for me; I just can't avoid everything and then I overcommit on a punish. And then I found out Leaf ability's shield was invincible and dropping it had a hitbox, so now its pretty easy in Triple Deluxe.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Arenas in Kirby are hard for me; I just can't avoid everything and then I overcommit on a punish. And then I found out Leaf ability's shield was invincible and dropping it had a hitbox, so now its pretty easy in Triple Deluxe.
All I did was use Rock Smash over and over again!:estatic:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
By the way this is off topic, but what is the commercial saying, "He's not the mayor of Dreamland!" :facepalm:?

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Hm, I've been one of those folks who had questioned whether or not Sakurai has kept up with recent games... and tbh maybe he hasn't but has had input from HAL. Yet MAYBE he has been keeping up with Kirby's gameplay....

The reason I'm starting to question these things now is because of Kirby's moveset in smash 4

Hammer Flip (as an example given above) is one of Kirby's most power moves. It's especially a notable and memorable move when mentioning power running the True Arenas with hammer ability. So this was put into Smash4

Than another even MORE notable feature added/improved to Kirby is that his crouch is so good and many attacks can be avoided with crouching. When developing RtDL/Triple Deluxe I believe it was stated in some interview I had read that this was purposely implemented by the developers when designing the boss fights. There are some boss moves you could avoid with crouching which gave players another option they may not have thought of to deal with boss attacks. This is something Kirby can do as well in Smash4

Than of course we have Ultra abilities in general represented by the fact Kirby can get Ultra Sword.

These are not all more obvious nods to modern Kirby games like a new character, stage, or item.... but they're gameplay nods for gameplay mechanics introduced to Kirby or notable of Kirby in recent titles...

So maybe...??

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Hm, I've been one of those folks who had questioned whether or not Sakurai has kept up with recent games... and tbh maybe he hasn't but has had input from HAL. Yet MAYBE he has been keeping up with Kirby's gameplay....

The reason I'm starting to question these things now is because of Kirby's moveset in smash 4

Hammer Flip (as an example given above) is one of Kirby's most power moves. It's especially a notable and memorable move when mentioning power running the True Arenas with hammer ability. So this was put into Smash4

Than another even MORE notable feature added/improved to Kirby is that his crouch is so good and many attacks can be avoided with crouching. When developing RtDL/Triple Deluxe I believe it was stated in some interview I had read that this was purposely implemented by the developers when designing the boss fights. There are some boss moves you could avoid with crouching which gave players another option they may not have thought of to deal with boss attacks. This is something Kirby can do as well in Smash4

Than of course we have Ultra abilities in general represented by the fact Kirby can get Ultra Sword.

These are not all more obvious nods to modern Kirby games like a new character, stage, or item.... but they're gameplay nods for gameplay mechanics introduced to Kirby or notable of Kirby in recent titles...

So maybe...??
Actually, cut Brawl animations show that Kirby's Hammer Flip was going to be in Brawl

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Actually, cut Brawl animations show that Kirby's Hammer Flip was going to be in Brawl
Ah well than. Perhaps not.

However his crouching is a notable way of avoiding some boss attacks in both RtDL and Triple Deluxe. His crouch is also useful in smash now... could this have been inspired by these two recent Kirby titles?

Or was this something he could also do in Brawl and prior games? I don't remember myself personally.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Ah well than. Perhaps not.

However his crouching is a notable way of avoiding some boss attacks in both RtDL and Triple Deluxe. His crouch is also useful in smash now... could this have been inspired by these two recent Kirby titles?

Or was this something he could also do in Brawl and prior games? I don't remember myself personally.
I remember 'teabagging' with Kirby. It's in quotations because I only did it for the funny noise.
Chalo, I feel honoured when you hit like and burst out laughing with the avi

Hypernovaguy64

Smash Lord
NNID
Warpstar64
Off-Topic Subject: I'm currently making a fanfiction about Triple Deluxe. The title? Er... Kirby's Triple Deluxe.

D

Deleted member

Say guys want to watch this funny video? XD

Off-Topic Subject: I'm currently making a fanfiction about Triple Deluxe. The title? Er... Kirby's Triple Deluxe.
What kind of "fanfiction" Hypernovaguy64? :nervous:

Last edited by a moderator:

ShuckleBoard

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ShuckleBoard
Anything notable happen in the 5 pages that happened in like the 3 days I was gone. Stay Awesome. :kirby:

Last edited:

Hypernovaguy64

Smash Lord
NNID
Warpstar64
What kind of "fanfiction" Hypernovaguy64? :nervous:
I'm trying to make the story humorous, but that's kind of hard. When you think about it, Kirby isn't really all that funny. It's more about killing enemies and swallowing their souls. :/

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
@Helmslock please try to avoid double posting. If you got something to add please use the edit function.

After all, its Bandanna Dee, not Bandanna Dee Dee

And no that doesn't mean you can go Triple post in King Dee Dee Dee, shrooby would kill me lol.

D

Deleted member

@Helmslock please try to avoid double posting. If you got something to add please use the edit function.

After all, its Bandanna Dee, not Bandanna Dee Dee

And no that doesn't mean you can go Triple post in King Dee Dee Dee, shrooby would kill me lol.
excuse me miss Moderator but do you support Bandanna Dee?

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
I remember 'teabagging' with Kirby. It's in quotations because I only did it for the funny noise.
Chalo, I feel honoured when you hit like and burst out laughing with the avi
So Kirby can crouch in Brawl as well but was it particularly as useful as it now is in Smash4 for avoiding a good amount f attacks and projectiles?

I just think it's interesting how HAL made mention of implementing it as a means to avoid attack and right after smash 4 also does it.

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
So Kirby can crouch in Brawl as well but was it particularly as useful as it now is in Smash4 for avoiding a good amount f attacks and projectiles?

I just think it's interesting how HAL made mention of implementing it as a means to avoid attack and right after smash 4 also does it.
i remember crouching a little mac in to submission he side B off the ledge not a scratch on me

Top Bottom