• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

random rendum

Smash Journeyman
Ok, why not? Pit had an anime trailer.
Kirby isn't an anime franchise, I liked Kirby Right Back at Ya, but I just find it weird, KI is anime-like and his trailer was bad imo, that link and pit fighting far-up had no faces, and Paulentena's hair had an eye outline, tbh e3 didn't excite me in terms of characters I only cared about pac man

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Kirby isn't an anime franchise, I liked Kirby Right Back at Ya, but I just find it weird, KI is anime-like and his trailer was bad imo, that link and pit fighting far-up had no faces, and Paulentena's hair had an eye outline, tbh e3 didn't excite me in terms of characters I only cared about pac man
but... Dedede's accent... clobbah dat dere Kirbeh

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Pit had an anime trailer because it was presented by the same studio that worked on the Uprising-styled anime short, Palutena's Revolting Dinner. Three anime shorts, each by a different studio, were presented as part of the game's release.

I don't think Bandana Dee would have a trailer with a specific style, since there's no particular style associated with the Kirby series in terms of cutscenes or animation.

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
I don't think Bandana Dee's Trailer should be in anime style, mostly because he has nothing to do with that
I mean if they were confirming someone like Escargoon, Tiff, Tuff, someone like that it would make sense
But Bandana Dee has never appeared in anime form
Also some characters from the anime were kinda annoying :urg:
At least for me, but I still liked it :drshrug:

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
They should make another season of the anime and put Bandana Dee in it. :estatic:

I can't get enough of Dedede's Southern accent or Meta Knight's Spanish. :laugh:

:231:

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
They should make another season of the anime and put Bandana Dee in it. :estatic:

I can't get enough of Dedede's Southern accent or Meta Knight's Spanish. :laugh:

and bandana dee could have a street accent english accent <<<<<< like that little kid in this old show I used to watch with my sister I forgot the name
I'll do it with anyone. My friend code is 1091-8635-3184
ok added you man I am slow today...

Last edited:

Hypernovaguy64

Smash Lord
NNID
Warpstar64
Mewtwo is a floaty character. I got meh codes! :) If DUCK HUNT can get in, (along with Fracking Dark Pit) he has to make Bandana Dee a fighter. The only thing irking me is that feeling. I feel he's gonna troll all of us and put in Shovel Knight. So help me...

Last edited:

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
Mewtwo is a floaty character. I got meh codes! :) If DUCK HUNT can get in, (along with Fracking Dark Pit) he has to make Bandana Dee a fighter. The only thing irking me is that feeling. I feel he's gonna troll all of us and put in Shovel Knight. So help me...
We talked about Duck Hunt before, he is an ICON, he is memorable and he is deserving to get in smash :oneeye:
Also Dark Pit was an alternate costume, are you still salty? :happysheep:
Oh, the leaks were about Roy from Fire Emblem coming back
And for some reason Ryu from Street Fighter :ohwell:
Personally, I'm okay with Roy, Ryu kinda bothers me, but some people are happy that he is most likely in so there's no reason to be upset :p

ShuckleBoard

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ShuckleBoard
My friend is extremely worried about Ryu in Smash and hes an avid SF player. He just thinks that Ryu won't fit well and will be broken.

Also NO MEWTWO CUSTOMS WILL MOST LIKELY MEAN NO DEELC CUSTOMS. I'm so salty about that.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Roy (FE) and Ryu from SF.

Roy is understandable given his massive support in Japan, while Ryu is probably Capcom shoehorning him into Smash. I'm happy for Roy though, indifferent to Ryu.

It does raise my hope that we have more DLC coming than we originally expected. 10 doesn't seem far-fetched any more.

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
Roy (FE) and Ryu from SF.

Roy is understandable given his massive support in Japan, while Ryu is probably Capcom shoehorning him into Smash. I'm happy for Roy though, indifferent to Ryu.

It does raise my hope that we have more DLC coming than we originally expected. 10 doesn't seem far-fetched any more.

wait wait wait 10 characters? were did this assumption or theory come from??? if that is the case then there is a huge chance for bandana Dee and other fighters too

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
wait wait wait 10 characters? were did this assumption or theory come from??? if that is the case then there is a huge chance for bandana Dee and other fighters too
Just a guess on my part. They already planned 4 characters before the ballot started, so...

Last edited:

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Y'know

Duck Hunt is actually real important to Nintendo, as the game, 'Duck Hunt' sold over 30 million units, while the one game BD is playable in only sold 1 million. Also, Duck Hunt is an icon; Dee is not. Dark Pit is a clone, anyways. It's like saying "sakurai, bcuz u made lucina fe haz 4 repz so u have 2 make king k rool".

It just seems too entitled for me. You might not like DH or Dark Pit, but it doesn't mean you have to downgrade them for BD.

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
My friend is extremely worried about Ryu in Smash and hes an avid SF player. He just thinks that Ryu won't fit well and will be broken.

Also NO MEWTWO CUSTOMS WILL MOST LIKELY MEAN NO DEELC CUSTOMS. I'm so salty about that.
Why in the world Ryu would be broken? :joyful:

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
i guess because he's from a fighting game and he would have a lot of combo strings
Maybe he thinks something about some special mechanic from Street Fighter.
In that case Mario is OP, he jumps on your head and makes a One hit KO :chuckle:
Or Kirby, he just eats you and that's it :p
He obviously will be adjusted, if he is a character, I don't think they would let something like that happen :smash:

inb4 Ryu God+++ Tier

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I am not a fan of this data mine as I am not a fan of either character.
Roy is not my boy, simply put and nuff said.
Ryu is a character that I don't want to see in Smash over other 3rd party characters like Bomberman. Even then, I rather have Amaterasu or Phoenix Wright be a new Capcom rep.
The only good I can see from this is maybe we will get some more DLC characters... maybe.

As for Mewtwo, he's pretty good. I need to learn the match-ups against him...

Hypernovaguy64

Smash Lord
NNID
Warpstar64
Y'know

Duck Hunt is actually real important to Nintendo, as the game, 'Duck Hunt' sold over 30 million units, while the one game BD is playable in only sold 1 million. Also, Duck Hunt is an icon; Dee is not. Dark Pit is a clone, anyways. It's like saying "sakurai, bcuz u made lucina fe haz 4 repz so u have 2 make king k rool".

It just seems too entitled for me. You might not like DH or Dark Pit, but it doesn't mean you have to downgrade them for BD.
Who said I was downgrading?

Ok. That came out wrong.

Let me just say that I take back what I said before. I'm not mad that Duck Hunt got in. He's actually one of my mains. What I MEANT to say is that if he can make a MOVE SET for duck hunt, what excuse is their for not putting in move set potential characters? (Bandana Dee, Rayman, etc.) It just makes me mad to see characters with no move set in the first place get in, and leave characters that were MADE FOR SMASH GET LEFT OUT OF THE GAME. I'm not downgrading Duck Hunt or Dark Pit, but if Duck Hunt was put in with a move set made for him, the same should be done with Bandana Dee, Rayman etc. They already have 60% of their move set worked out for them. I am pretty ticked off with Dark Pit though. He could have been one of Pit's alts. Like the koopaling, Robin and that one character from the Pikmin series. I think his name was Alph...? Duck Hunt is iconic, and Mario, Zelda, Poke'mon and Kid Icarus have all been getting the special treatment as of late. It would be nice to see some characters for other franchises.

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory
Well, I suppose I should point this out since it seems no one else has yet.

http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/32nymz/smash_update_106_decrypted_first_observations/

The creator of this post notes that "three" new Kirby songs have been found in the new data.

They are, as follows:

Kirby Air Ride - Forest Stage

Kirby Super Star - Gourmet Race (Also known as "Run, Kirby, Run!"

And last, Smash 64's Dreamland Remix. Sort of the same as the Super Star one, which is why I put quotes around 'three'.

With that being noted, it's all Kirby music, so.. I assume we'd get a new stage, (possibly Smash 64's Dreamland), and maybe even..?!

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
Who said I was downgrading?

Ok. That came out wrong.

Let me just say that I take back what I said before. I'm not mad that Duck Hunt got in. He's actually one of my mains. What I MEANT to say is that if he can make a MOVE SET for duck hunt, what excuse is their for not putting in move set potential characters? (Bandana Dee, Rayman, etc.) It just makes me mad to see characters with no move set in the first place get in, and leave characters that were MADE FOR SMASH GET LEFT OUT OF THE GAME. I'm not downgrading Duck Hunt or Dark Pit, but if Duck Hunt was put in with a move set made for him, the same should be done with Bandana Dee, Rayman etc. They already have 60% of their move set worked out for them. I am pretty ticked off with Dark Pit though. He could have been one of Pit's alts. Like the koopaling, Robin and that one character from the Pikmin series. I think his name was Alph...? Duck Hunt is iconic, and Mario, Zelda, Poke'mon and Kid Icarus have all been getting the special treatment as of late. It would be nice to see some characters for other franchises.
You can make a moveset for EVERYONE, it's not about their moveset potential, it's about their history
I am going to say it right now Duck Hunt is WAY more iconic than BD, and that's okay, obviously Duck Hunt is a priority over someone like Bandana Dee or Rayman
And we already talked about this!!! :facepalm:
AGAIN!! :drfacepalm:

Pikalink

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shining-Chi
3DS FC
1547-5757-5622
Sorry for being gone. I have been gaining hours in Twilight Princess.
Dang it you guys have been playing matches and I missed it. Doh' I missed.
Any new talk about the Dee?

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
I actually don't really play Smash anymore :x but I still want Bandana Dee of course. It's nice to know that Kirby got a buff in this last update but he's slower? That sounds awful. People who mained him (myself included) already found him slow before lol. I haven't downloaded mewtwo either but whatever... playing MH4U....

I'd be pretty hyped for new Kirby stages. I'm still very interested in the Lor Starcutter stage concept... though it might just end up being a returning stage like Fountain of Dreams... (which... I do love that stage. It is pretty... but...)

Pikalink

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shining-Chi
3DS FC
1547-5757-5622
Kirby's slower? Dang I found him fine as he was and just needed a few buffs. :l

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
It seems like most people were correct in assuming there would be a "DLC" block on the character select screen, instead of being with their respected franchises.

That means that all "the css shows they can't fit" arguments are out the window.

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
Just to clarify, Kirby is not slower, that's just your imagination.

Oh, also, Bandana Dee needs your help in the Rate their Chances thread.

http://smashboards.com/threads/rate-their-chances-the-dlc-edition-day-4-bandanna-dee.398604/page-11
I did mine. I gave him a 35% chance but to me that still a decent chance only gave him 35% because of I don't know how many DLC fighters we will have so I put it low but if it was say 10 or 12 as FalKoopa put it he has a extremely stronger chance

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
The last comments in that "Rate their chance" thread are giving me a disease. Not liking Triple Deluxe and Bandana Dee is generic/is only popular because of fans, etc.

I need to gain my composure. lol

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
The last comments in that "Rate their chance" thread are giving me a disease. Not liking Triple Deluxe and Bandana Dee is generic/is only popular because of fans, etc.

I need to gain my composure. lol
Or ... "Kirby already has 3 characters, WTF! Bandana Dee would be too much".
That's so ridiculous.

Top Bottom