• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

GmanSir

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GmanSir
I wonder if the 'Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?' poll would have different results if it was reset. I feel that that people who voted against him are for him now.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I wonder if the 'Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?' poll would have different results if it was reset. I feel that that people who voted against him are for him no.
Opinions do change with time. That said, it's rare to see a poll go into excess of 500 votes, so it's something to look at.

:231:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Yeah, I know a lot of users that voted "NO", but now they are supporters or just indifferent.
Like Fortanono, Groose, oni333, andimidna, etc.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
I voted no but I'm indifferent, as long as Adeleine will make the cut too. If the poll was resetted, I probably won't vote at all.
I want to know what are the next projects of HAL. In the recent games, the references to KDL2, 3 and K64 are a lot, and I can't wait for the next step; if they bring back her, one single game is enough, she would became very likely all of a sudden; I don't think Elline will take her place, Elline herself was just a big indirect reference to Adeleine, both in look, role and name (it sounds similar), just like Paintra was an indirect reference to Drawcia.
In the meanwhile, the animals (at least the main 3) made lots of cameos in the last two games, it definitely looks like HAL is interested in bringing those 3 back, and I'm very happy with this.

This said, finally Kirby and the Rainbow Curse has been announced for may 8 in Europe!!!! Can't wait for playing Bubsy 3D 2 the game! (refered to Gamespot's score -.-)

I have big hopes for Kirby at the next E3, especially because Rainbow Curse was developed by a different team than the main one, and the main one is probably already working on something by the release of Triple Deluxe.

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
Lets go Wii U 3D Kirby! Animal friends are back, plus you can play as meta knight, king dedede, and bandana dee.

On another note, I think we will get a DLC confirmation for smash confirmation at E3. Do you think Bandana Dee has a chance as a character? Because Bandana Dee isn't going to be recieved too well probably, they would need to put him with another character like dixie or isaac probably...

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Because Bandana Dee isn't going to be recieved too well probably, they would need to put him with another character like dixie or isaac probably...
Smash makes all the characters awesome and popular.
If a character, Bandana Dee for example, is a newcomer, he will probably be well received just because he is in Smash, he would not need another character with him.
And well, he is already pretty popular in the Smash and Kirby fanbase.

Example: Rayman.
He was a pretty unpopular or meh character, but after the leak he is one of the most wanted newcomers.

Last edited:

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Lets go Wii U 3D Kirby! Animal friends are back, plus you can play as meta knight, king dedede, and bandana dee.
Technically, WiiU allows up to 5 playable characters, 4 WiiMote and 1 WiiU pad.
With the WiiU pad you can draw so... :happysheep:

I really hope the animal friends will be back though, even with minor role, as long as they are part of the game and not just cameos.

I'm scared, I dreamed about a may 8 release...
Oh, great!
It's not the same but, I said once "they could make a stand alone game out of this" refered to Cpt Toad's special levels in Mario 3D World, and well, you know how it ended :awesome:

Flying_Skitty

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1091-8635-3184

On another note, I think we will get a DLC confirmation for smash confirmation at E3. Do you think Bandana Dee has a chance as a character? Because Bandana Dee isn't going to be recieved too well probably, they would need to put him with another character like dixie or isaac probably...
I forgot about what could happen at E3. The Wii U screen only fit 1 more Deelc character while the 3Ds can hold 3.

random rendum

Smash Journeyman
I voted no but I'm indifferent, as long as Adeleine will make the cut too. If the poll was resetted, I probably won't vote at all.
I want to know what are the next projects of HAL. In the recent games, the references to KDL2, 3 and K64 are a lot, and I can't wait for the next step; if they bring back her, one single game is enough, she would became very likely all of a sudden; I don't think Elline will take her place, Elline herself was just a big indirect reference to Adeleine, both in look, role and name (it sounds similar), just like Paintra was an indirect reference to Drawcia.
In the meanwhile, the animals (at least the main 3) made lots of cameos in the last two games, it definitely looks like HAL is interested in bringing those 3 back, and I'm very happy with this.

This said, finally Kirby and the Rainbow Curse has been announced for may 8 in Europe!!!! Can't wait for playing Bubsy 3D 2 the game! (refered to Gamespot's score -.-)

I have big hopes for Kirby at the next E3, especially because Rainbow Curse was developed by a different team than the main one, and the main one is probably already working on something by the release of Triple Deluxe.
I think MOST of his arguments are crap honestly(I can't be biased)
·kirby has too many reps is a biased opinion with no real evidence supporting it kirby has many games he deeserves the reps(honestly he deserves more)
·bandana dee cant fight waddle dees is dissed after he fights them in rtd AND rob fights identical robs
·kirby is overrepresented no he has barley any content from new games
·generic enemies cant be in smash no one. said that and technically bowser is named koopa

EDIT http://www.giantbomb.com/reviews/kirby-and-the-rainbow-curse-review/1900-696/
http://www.gamespot.com/bubsy-3d/
http://www.gamespot.com/kirby-and-the-rainbow-curse/

giant bomb gave a 2 of 5 bubsy 3d is apparently better...
I already mentioned that :p

Last edited:

Banana Waffle Deed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sapsiper
3DS FC
1263-6961-7801
It was refered to your post indeed! I was just too lazy to find it -.-
Well, you guys both made a good point. It's still possible to have DeeLC come, especially because Sakurai tends to change his mind a lot (Villager became playable, right? :awesome:).

I also spotted something interesting in Kirby and the Rainbow Curse, I was going to post it yesterday but the sever was down.

Note: None of the information is Kirby and the Rainbow Curse (at least much I can figure out, though it still could.) Sadly I can't post any pictures of the painting either because of the school policy against posting pictures on our school iPads.

Okay, in the game if you go into your figure collection and carefully spin the camera you can see a picture showing the Popstar, presumably Earth and some other planet I can't figure out which is purple-ish. There's also a small, red, fiery planet which could be the sun very far away. They're all close to each other and we've never seen any earth-type planet other than Shiver star close to the Popstar before. This personally makes me question the relationship between the Popstar and Earth if they're that close to each other. Why hasn't it been explored by other humans? How does even have to do with the game's plot?

Nothing, so I conclude that in the next week Bandana Dee will travel with King Dedede to Earth Deelivering the news of the Dee and pleading to be added as DeeLC. Sakurai will lift up Bandana Dee, smile and say, "Yes my Deer son, you will be adDeed to 'Dee Smashing of Bros.". They both cry for about an hour and King Dedede is in the conner sniffling and wiping his tear with a hanky. Then the celebration of the millennium will take place and..

Okay, maybe besides the second part, would do you guys think about this?

random rendum

Smash Journeyman
It was refered to your post indeed! I was just too lazy to find it -.-
oh ok (btw I made a drawica thread not popular) :teeth: (I do like adeliene but her supporters on gamefaqs are HUGELYA biased im sure a lot of you know a specific one chiuahaha)

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
oh ok (btw I made a drawica thread not popular) :teeth: (I do like adeliene but her supporters on gamefaqs are HUGELYA biased im sure a lot of you know a specific one chiuahaha)
So that's why she gets so much hate... GameFAQ? -.- it looks a very bad site.

I saw your thread and I voted (and I put it in the watched threads also), but I voted for Adeleine for obvious reasons. I also like Drawcia, and she has been very influent recently, but I think she's harder to transform into a fighter, since she doesn't have any arm or hand. Yeah, you can make things float around, like Mewtwo, but it would look and feel very odd.

Last edited:

Flying_Skitty

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1091-8635-3184
Well, you guys both made a good point. It's still possible to have DeeLC come, especially because Sakurai tends to change his mind a lot (Villager became playable, right? :awesome:).

I also spotted something interesting in Kirby and the Rainbow Curse, I was going to post it yesterday but the sever was down.

Note: None of the information is Kirby and the Rainbow Curse (at least much I can figure out, though it still could.) Sadly I can't post any pictures of the painting either because of the school policy against posting pictures on our school iPads.

Okay, in the game if you go into your figure collection and carefully spin the camera you can see a picture showing the Popstar, presumably Earth and some other planet I can't figure out which is purple-ish. There's also a small, red, fiery planet which could be the sun very far away. They're all close to each other and we've never seen any earth-type planet other than Shiver star close to the Popstar before. This personally makes me question the relationship between the Popstar and Earth if they're that close to each other. Why hasn't it been explored by other humans? How does even have to do with the game's plot?

Nothing, so I conclude that in the next week Bandana Dee will travel with King Dedede to Earth Deelivering the news of the Dee and pleading to be added as DeeLC. Sakurai will lift up Bandana Dee, smile and say, "Yes my Deer son, you will be adDeed to 'Dee Smashing of Bros.". They both cry for about an hour and King Dedede is in the conner sniffling and wiping his tear with a hanky. Then the celebration of the millennium will take place and..

Okay, maybe besides the second part, would do you guys think about this?
Idk if it is Earth. Wasn't Samus in Kirby Dreamland 3? If I recall correctly on my little knowledge of Metriod, she never went to Earth.

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
I really don't want the animal friends back at all. I like how in Rainbow Curse they're just power ups... I really didn't like fetching them or relying on them. It's disempowering for me. I'm indifferent towards Ado. I don't understand why she's popular other than maybe nostalgia. It's not like she's ever been more than sub boss on occasion or item dropper. It's not like she plays a huge role in stories like MK or Dedede or even a final boss. So I guess I don't understand on a personal level. She's cute but yeah whatever. If Bandana Dee is added I think that would be fine for Kirby new comers for awhile. (I personally would love Magolor and or Marx too but that's pushing it and not necessary. Just would be nice for me as a Kirby fan xD) After BDee they should just consider added characters from the new IPs or ignored IPs like DK.

I wish they would bring back some aspects of the older days

dark matter and the fact that humans exist was cool

and I miss the animal friends

What I want to see more though is less sakurai-era kirby bias in smash.
nah, tbh I don't want any or that .

I like Dark Matter but I think it's such an overrated boss fight too and boss. OOH so edgy and dark. w/e... the design is basic and people being obsessed with Dark Matter is what's going to stunt boss designs and boss design diversity in the Kirby franchise. Everyone wants the bosses now to all a be damn eyeball and it's annoying when you get new boss concepts like a giant gorgeous fused flower queen bee boss attacking you with lazers and people are still whining about Dark Matter instead. WHY IS THIS NOT ANOTHER EYEBALL?? **** SuX

Also Zero and Dark Matter videos always have the most stupid and hilarious comment pages.... just people ****ing discussing the meaning and SADNESS and VICTIM hood of Zero. Like Ugh, I'm so over it.

Last edited:

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Idk if it is Earth. Wasn't Samus in Kirby Dreamland 3? If I recall correctly on my little knowledge of Metriod, she never went to Earth.
I don't think that Metroids and Samus in KDL3 can be considered canon, but yes, she was in a level of that game. In the credits of the game, every character is shown, and there is everyone, ROB included, but no Samus (nor every other cameo character), for some reason. I think that Samus in KDL3 is like the triforce in KSS, just a reference. Anyway, it could also be the theory that in Dreamland there are the instance of characters and items from other games because their worlds are linked through dreams, and Kirby's world is like a big dream (probably the same world as the SSB series, this would explain the presence of Master Hand and the Smash ability).

There is a little strange thing that I noticed in Super Smash Bros Melee:
When you do the adventure mode, at a certain point you are on Zebes and you escape from it because it's about to explode. After running away from Zebes, there is a small cutscene showing the transition from Planet Zebes to Pop-Star. The transition is almost identical to how you scroll between the various stars in Kirby 64; the fun thing is that the exploding Zebes is exactly in the place where in K64 there is the Rock Star!
So, maybe, Rock Star is Zebes, Shiver Star is the Earth...

I like Dark Matter but I think it's such an overrated boss fight too and boss. OOH so edgy and dark. w/e... the design is basic and people being obsessed with Dark Matter is what's going to stunt boss designs and boss design diversity in the Kirby franchise. Everyone wants the bosses now to all a be damn eyeball and it's annoying when you get new boss concepts like a giant gorgeous fused flower queen bee boss attacking you with lazers and people are still whining about Dark Matter instead. WHY IS THIS NOT ANOTHER EYEBALL?? **** SuX
I agree with this, and honestly this also applies to a lot more things even in other franchises. Personally I love both Dark Matter (DL2, with a sword) and Zero, but I don't like how there are many other bosses that copy that concept. I appreciated a lot more Queen Sectonia for being original and having a strong personality.
Zero was fine, was scary and all, but it's not like every boss must be like that.
On the other side, though, it's hard to make a completely original boss each time that doesn't feel generic.
Nostalgia used for the sake of nostalgia is always a bad thing anyway.

Last edited:

Flying_Skitty

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1091-8635-3184
I don't think that Metroids and Samus in KDL3 can be considered canon, but yes, she was in a level of that game. In the credits of the game, every character is shown, and there is everyone, ROB included, but no Samus (nor every other cameo character), for some reason. I think that Samus in KDL3 is like the triforce in KSS, just a reference. Anyway, it could also be the theory that in Dreamland there are the instance of characters and items from other games because their worlds are linked through dreams, and Kirby's world is like a big dream (probably the same world as the SSB series, this would explain the presence of Master Hand and the Smash ability).

There is a little strange thing that I noticed in Super Smash Bros Melee:
When you do the adventure mode, at a certain point you are on Zebes and you escape from it because it's about to explode. After running away from Zebes, there is a small cutscene showing the transition from Planet Zebes to Pop-Star. The transition is almost identical to how you scroll between the various stars in Kirby 64; the fun thing is that the exploding Zebes is exactly in the place where in K64 there is the Rock Star!
So, maybe, Rock Star is Zebes, Shiver Star is the Earth...

I agree with this, and honestly this also applies to a lot more things even in other franchises. Personally I love both Dark Matter (DL2, with a sword) and Zero, but I don't like how there are many other bosses that copy that concept. I appreciated a lot more Queen Sectonia for being original and having a strong personality.
Zero was fine, was scary and all, but it's not like every boss must be like that.
On the other side, though, it's hard to make a completely original boss each time that doesn't feel generic.
Nostalgia used for the sake of nostalgia is always a bad thing anyway.
She still was physically in a Kirby game as a character.

Also Zero and Dark Matter videos always have the most stupid and hilarious comment pages.... just people ****ing discussing the meaning and SADNESS and VICTIM hood of Zero. Like Ugh, I'm so over it.
There are a lot of eyeball bosses. To name a few: The Eye of Cthulhu, The Twins, Zero, 0 Squared, Dark Matter, Dark Nebula, and some others.

Flying_Skitty

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1091-8635-3184
Dark Nebula was the worst. Squeak Squad had bad bosses now that I think about it
Daroach was pretty cool though. I just realized I should make a new profile picture, it isn't the season anymore. Well, time to reinstall paint.net.

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
She still was physically in a Kirby game as a character.

There are a lot of eyeball bosses. To name a few: The Eye of Cthulhu, The Twins, Zero, 0 Squared, Dark Matter, Dark Nebula, and some others.
Exactly what Im getting at here.

Dark Nebula was the worst. Squeak Squad had bad bosses now that I think about it
I mean I get it, that Dark Matter is cool and mysterious but Dark Nebula is a good example of this fan obsession gone wrong. There's only so many ways to make this design appealing without occasionally running out of ideas. Dark Nebula has to be one of the lamest if not most lame looking Kirby boss. His design is so basic like Zero but lack ANY of the menacing aspect of it. I'd even say that
Rainbow Curse's final boss is this dark matter idea gone bad too since he's got the eye thing going too.

I mean Queen Sectonia and Magolor manage to invoke new feelings and old by meshing things. Even though they have eyeballs somewhere on their design they're not essentially and ONLY an eyeball. Kind of the same with the Amazing Mirror Boos. That's fine, I'll let that pass. Queen Sectonia's flower and gemes was ALL new and people hated her at first talking about how she should have been like Dark Matter.

Like I get Dark Matter is cool but the design has got to be more interesting. I never want to play a Kirby game again where it's this epic adventure and at the end is this stupid amoeba looking dark matter rip off. No more Zero/Dark Matter rehashes unless it's at the very least fused with another character design like in other recent bosses. At the very least.

Last edited:

Enderman1021

Smash Ace
NNID
Enderman1021
The one thing I hate about kirby characters is that they disappear after one game

We are never going to see claycia or elline in a game again.

We are never going to see dark kirby in a game again.

We are never going to see captain vul in a game again.

okay I think you guys get the point.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Alright, I need to start modding RtDL fully.

In at least a week, I want to have a test level done.

pls give motivation

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
The one thing I hate about kirby characters is that they disappear after one game

We are never going to see claycia or elline in a game again.

We are never going to see dark kirby in a game again.

We are never going to see captain vul in a game again.

okay I think you guys get the point.
The most important main cast returns and certain characters have been returning. We got MK and Dedede of course. Bandana Dee is now part of the main cast showing up more than 6 times. Shadow Kirby has returned 2 more instances after Amazing Mirror in Triple Deluxe within Kirby Fighters and than playable in Kirby Fighters Deluxe. Galacta Knight has shown up 2 times, same with Dark Metaknight. Dark Mater returned 3 times. Magolor has appeared three times and Taranza 2 times.

Captain Vul is unfortunately a minor character and and doesn't seem like they are going to make him too much of a reoccurring character outside of revenge of metaknight.

Some characters we might never see again because either Kirby befriended them from another world than left and/or they just don't have a major role, I guess. The main cast as of now seem all reoccurring in some form or another. Although MK has been a bit absent in the last two titles.

We're never going to see Escargoon in a game again.

press 1 if you feel bad for Escargoon

lol...

random rendum

Smash Journeyman
Dark Nebula is disappointing to me as a final boss, and Mrs Moley can be beaten in about 10 seconds (Inhale a projectile as Throw, don't throw it but keep it in your hand, if she spawns next to you she'll take hella damage)
I was being sarcastic :p If I wasn't kidding id put in doc's snail,mecha kracko, and daroach

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
I know that saying this I will go against what most of you think, but I wouldn't take Magolor as example of original boss though.
I don't like Magolor very much, because I think that it's a bit too much based on Marx (and the thing is pretty explicit, looking for example to the stone transformation that includes both of them, and the other references in KRTD). And even his final form, it takes the shape of a Dark Matter with big horns and a crown.

And honestly I even don't like very much the plot of RTD... the first time I played it, I just played it. Once I reached the 3rd zone, after a while I asked to myself "why I'm doing this? Why enemies attack me? Who is the enemy in this game?" I was missing a motivation. The beginning of the game introduced the characters for no reasons; Why Dedede is even there? And Metaknight, reading a book on the grass, he that tried to take over the kingdom because "the inhabitants of Dreamland are lazy" (that was pretty stupid too honestly -.-).
When you finally reach Halcandra finally you understand, or I should say, you suppose, that the Doomer attacked you becasuse Magolor tried to attack Landia to get the crown, but for 80% of the game you are attacked by mysterious enemies for apparently no reason, when the goal of the game is to help an alien and nobody cares of the doomers.

And the end of the story: Magolor got the crown, now he can destroy the universe. Why? Why should he destroy the universe? Why not simply dominating it?
At least in Milkyway Wishes there was the sun fighting the moon thing, you needed to save the Pop-Star, then you discover that Marx made the sun and the moon fight eachother to trick Kirby, it was a lot more solid as plot.

I think Magolor should have helped Kirby in finding the pieces of the ship, after all he was not strong enough to beat Landia, but he was still a powerful wizard.
And at the end, I think that it's a bit unnatural for him to become so evil. During the game he goes too far with the friendship with Kirby, he lets Kirby explore the ship, he tells a lot of things to him etc. If the friendship was fake and he hated Kirby so much that he wanted to kill him (like in the final part of the game), he should have shown some suspicious behaviors from the start.
I would have expected that, after getting the crown, he would have offered to Kirby and friends to save their lives in exchange of becoming their servants, just because they helped him. No, he just wants to kill them.

I think that the plot of Kirby Triple Deluxe is a lot more solid and clear from the start, even if you don't know everything from the beginning. My problem with Triple Deluxe is that the cutscenes are a bit unexpressive and "slow" in narration, but it's just a matter of how they made the videos; the story in the game is very cool, and it's one of the best plots of the series.

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Hey @ Aunt Jemima Aunt Jemima

For RtDL mod ideas, you should really consider and note the gameplay and design in the power challenge rooms. Some of that challenging, power mastering, and scoring should be melded into the main gameplay. A lot of those rooms really utlized and demanded use of the powers. It'd be nice to see some of it in the main game. However It'd also be cool to keep the freestyle action utilization of the powers, too. Maybe have level design that requires mastery of the various powers with action breaks that allow for free enemy smashing kind of like the Smash Bros Power room in Dream Collection had.

That's would be so awesome.

Last edited:
Top Bottom