• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

BandanaDee

Smash Journeyman
why take those up close pics rather than just show it with the trophy description?
doesnt seem legit to me, seems usual "way to close stupid angles" leak thing to me

Lord Goomy

Smash Apprentice
Not to mention the /v/ leaker is text only. It's best to go by one of the cardinal rules of leaks. Pics or it didn't happen.

D

Deleted member

I say that Bandana Dee isn't disconfirmed yet. These leaked pictures are especially fishy and less convincing than the ones that we've seen with Spectator Mode, Challenges, the Devil Car, and trophies of characters like Wario and Tharja.

Don't take everything for granted yet, especially when many leaks have been piggy-backing this one.

IronFish

Smash Ace
I still don't think he's deconfirmed until Sakurai says so, plus seeing MK8 get DLC kinda makes it a bit more likely for smash to have DLC. Plus I find it unlikely that the leaker still has a copy of the game.

Lord Goomy

Smash Apprentice
Wait. So is B.D. confirmed or (GOD FORBID) de-confirmed?
Neither yet. Unlike the CSS leak all of the pictures either have a reasonable explanation or have serious glaring errors. And the /v/ leaker is a known troll, so its best to not take him seriously. Don't feed the troll.

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
thats what I have been fearing all along the reason why the hype train crashed for me with the leak, Sakurai cares more about uprising then modern kirby. If the leak is real then Kid icarus, Fire emblem, and donkey kong have more reps than kirby. In this survey (http://news.mynavi.jp/c_cobs/enquete/realranking/2012/09/22_1e.html) kirby beats ALL of these series in popularity (lets face it, Sakurai could care less what we think in other countries) so why is a series that for girls is even more popular than legend of zelda and for both of them even more popular than donkey kong? shouldn't a series this BIG get more reps? not to Sakurai. In my opinion Sakurai could care less about new kirby. Cookie country? nope. greens greens again. new kirby stage? nothing... KIRBY NEWCOMERS? NOPE NOT A SINGLE F*****G ONE. the only thing new is ultra sword, but we all know kirby needed a change in final smash. To be honest I would absolutley LOVE to hear sectonia's 1st stage theme remixed for smash bros, but that isn't going to happen. (translated version of above link http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=492600)
I've worried about this too. Especially with Sakurai's attitude towards K64. Not that I can blame Sakurai. Not only was a console game stalled for 10 years, but Kirby took awhile before he even returned to more compelling form. Not since the last 2 recent games has it felt like the Kirby formula was heading the the right direction. It's hard to say what exactly happened at HAL too. I'm HOPING we're getting more than just Ultra Sword.

Sakurai can only go so many new smashes while ignoring new Kirby. If he makes a game years from now that's smash, he simply can't let the only Kirby things be from the 90s, lol...

D

Deleted member

I will say this right now though: We have to be careful about the upcoming leaks.

I suggest that we get a move on for him being DLC. If he's in, this is basically a safety net. For now, it's best that we start promoting and pushing him to become a DLC character.

Servine

Smash Cadet
The Dee one looks extremely convincing aside from the Impa picture. It hink the rest could be real.
And I bring again, how can you get two views of the same Dee trophy, it just seems like it's over for the spear master.
What breaks it for me is that, in the second picture, the spear tip is conveniently out of view of the screen.
Also, it still looks very low poly.

Maikou

Smash Ace
Nobody can blame such low quality on a 3DS system: We've seen those characters in motion, they look just as good if not better than from Melee and even Brawl. That low poly looks more like something from 64.

Seriously, people underestimate the 3DS.....

Ridles the Space Pirate

Smash Journeyman
The Dee one looks extremely convincing aside from the Impa picture. It hink the rest could be real.
And I bring again, how can you get two views of the same Dee trophy, it just seems like it's over for the spear master.
In 3dsmax:
1. import both the trophy stand model from a smash game and Bandana dee model from RtD and place and pose convincingly.
2. take one picture from the front
3. turn camera and take picture from behind.
4. put on 3ds screen through sd card and take picture of screen with phone.
5. Upload to internet
6. wait for speculation.

I don't want to sound rude, but any model ripper would have an easy time making a scene that looks like a smash trophy. And while it is possible that these pics are real, its also highly unlikely.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
In 3dsmax:
1. import both the trophy stand model from a smash game and Bandana dee model from RtD and place and pose convincingly.
2. take one picture from the front
3. turn camera and take picture from behind.
4. put on 3ds screen through sd card and take picture of screen with phone.
5. Upload to internet
6. wait for speculation.

I don't want to sound rude, but any model ripper would have an easy time making a scene that looks like a smash trophy. And while it is possible that these pics are real, its also highly unlikely.
I hardly see those kinds of leaks at all. :p

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
The wolf and impa renders look way less convincing as Bowser Jr. or Duck Hunt Dogs. They just seem off.

Dr. Canadian Bacon

Smash Cadet
R.I.P. Bandana Dee:

Can I just say, that model looks the exact same as the RtDL model, and you know why? I have the model in Gmod, and used it so many times, and the spear. If you use "Stand Pose" tool, the pose is almost identical. Then, Gmod also has Green Screen Material addons also, so it's easy to make a new pose for a model like this, it's fake, trust me. 100% guarantee it's fake. Don't worry lads, we're all good.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Can I just say, that model looks the exact same as the RtDL model, and you know why? I have the model in Gmod, and used it so many times, and the spear. If you use "Stand Pose" tool, the pose is almost identical. Then, Gmod also has Green Screen Material addons also, so it's easy to make a new pose for a model like this, it's fake, trust me. 100% guarantee it's fake. Don't worry lads, we're all good.
Are you sure? Show me the model first.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
While I'm not as advanced of a modeler as most people here, that Bandana Dee model looks like it was ripped from Return to Dream Land, then had his T-Pose only slightly altered. Also, the Return to Dream Land model is already ripped and shoved on VGResources, so anybody can grab it. Being completely honest, the leaked pictures that were just shown wouldn't take nearly as much time to fake as the other leaks we've seen - it could be done really fast, actually. Models for the Trophy Stand, Bandana Dee, and Roy Koopa can all be grabbed in less than a minute, so...

I honestly think that it's fake - mostly with the fact that the same leaker had said that Isabelle from Animal Crossing: New Leaf is going to be a new playable character, along with an assist trophy (the leak was posted a day after MK8 Isabelle), and Ridley will be both a stage boss and a playable character.

If this is real, and Bandana Dee is reverted back into a standard enemy, then we can all know that Sakurai is completely biased towards his Kirby games. I find it insulting to all Kirby fans, and especially HAL Laboratories. They put all the work into making Bandana Dee the fourth Kirby rep for the series, and in Smash Bros. he gets degraded to a standard enemy? That's like having Sakurai go up to HAL in a livestream and saying that Bandana Dee is a standard Waddle Dee who nobody cares about. I don't think Sakurai is that much of a jerk, though. I admire him, so I don't think he'd go as low as disregarding Bandana Dee as a Kirby character completely.

EDIT: Yeah, that Wolf model de-confirms it. Thank you, @ GamerGuy09 GamerGuy09 and @Yonder!

Last edited:

Wasoodle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Wasoodle
Wolfs model is found, Lucarios score adds up wrong, Roy should be in koopa car, Bandana Dee has his rtdl model, and BD's back sprite screenshot looks like it's drawn in MS paint by an 8 year old.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Until Bandanna Dee is officially deconfirmed by Sakurai then his chances of being playable are still good.

Last edited:

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Now that we can stop talking about Bandana Dee being deconfirmed, I'd like to re-posting this, as I hadn't gotten any feedback about it.

I'll be completely honest - thinking that Green Greens appearing in the 3DS version as a song is lowering Bandana Dee's chances as a playable character is just stupid. Green Greens is a staple song of the Kirby series, and has appearing in almost every single Kirby game to date. As much as I love Cookie Country, I'd much rather have more recognizable stages represent Kirby. If I am correct, we're actually getting Kirby's Dream Land as a stage on the 3DS, which I think is amazing. Tossing aside the chances of a Wii U version of Cookie Country is ignorant, as the 3DS stages and Wii U stages will be completely different, except for Smash Bros originated stages, with a few exceptions. Even if Cookie Country was a stage on the Wii U, the Green Greens music could easily be attached to it.

Anyways, while most of you don't seem as excited, I'm amazed! I've been waiting for them to finally release that amazing Green Greens song, and now they did! I woke up this morning and grabbed my phone, and while checking Google+ I saw a video had been posted for Smash Bros. music - I had watched a version that had both the Try, Try Again! song and the Green Greens music combined, so I didn't actually know it included the Green Greens song. Clicked the video, read the title, and hype induced super speed scrubbing, I landed on like, the last second of the Try, Try Again! theme, and then Green Greens started - IT'S SO GOOD. IT IS SO ****ING AMAZING. I don't know how any Kirby fan couldn't love it! It may possibly be my favorite version of Green Greens now, and I can't wait to hear it in-game!

For those who haven't heard it, here's an extended version:

On to some other things I've been doing, though:

I've been messing around with Kirby's Adventure, which was a bit of fun. I changed all of the blocks in Vegetable Valley - Level 1 to be Star Blocks, and killed myself several times trying to get around. I also had messed with some doors a bit too much, as I had accidentally made it so when Kirby tries to exit Crane Fever, it sends him to one of the debug rooms and automatically kills him. I couldn't even see Kirby while in this room, he just died. The colors were inverted and none of the buttons worked, either, so I couldn't exit the level. I also made it so DeDeDe, Nightmare Orb, and Meta Knight's army all spawn in Level 1, which ended up crashing the game from a memory overload. I decided to actually do something productive, though, so I decided to see if I could make the game a little harder.

I'm planning on doing all of the levels, along with adding in a few secrets and fun things, but for right now, Level 1 in Vegetable Valley and the Whispy Woods boss fight have been buffed up. Level 1 mainly has stronger monsters, and the Maxim Tomato in the middle of the level is removed. The level is harder than before, but is still pretty easy, being the first level. I had changed a bit of the Whispy Woods boss fight, mainly adding in a few enemies to attack Kirby and help Whispy. Following what recent Kirby games do with the Copy Essence bubbles at boss fights, I added in two enemies - Sparky and Hot Head, to get a copy ability before you fight. They can't move, or hurt you - if you walk into them, they just die and you're not damaged at all. After you go down, Whispy Woods comes in along with a Waddle Dee with a Waddle Doo charging at you, and two Bronto Burt's charging at you. After they either hit you, die, or fly off screen (Bronto Burt), you can focus more on Whispy Woods. There's also a Shotzo that shoots at you at a slow pace at the other side of the stage, and follows you around the stage. This makes it so you have to be more aware while fighting him. It seems like a bit harder fight, as after the basic enemies go away, you have Whispy using his air bullets on you, apples falling from his leaves, and the Shotzo following you around trying to shoot you. The boss fight isn't super hard, as it's stll the first boss fight, so I didn't want to seem impossible.

Here's a video of the Whispy Woods fight:

The game was played and recorded with my phone, as it's a lot easier than getting everything done on my computer. Most videos I upload from now on are going to be directly from my phone, so hopefully it'll be okay. Also, just to make sure, does the video frame rate and quality look good, or does it look bad (make sure to watch it in 720p or 1080p)? I'm more concerned about the frame rate than the quality, because being directly from my phone may cause it to be a little choppy.

Also, any suggestions for what I should be doing for Kirby's Adventure 2 is welcome! Just so you guys know, I can also change where the sub-games lead to, so I could instead have more Copy Ability rooms or something like that.

---

2. Bandana Dee is a generic enemy.

This is by far one of the most used arguments against Bandana Dee's inclusion in Super Smash Bros, and while it may seem like it, it's actually not. Bandana Dee has a unique personality compared to all other Waddle Dee's, as he is considered to be a brave warrior, while most, if not all other Waddle Dee's are cowards. It should also be noted that he confirmed to be Kirby's best friend, even more so than other characters such as King DeDeDe, Meta Knight, and Gooey. Bandana Dee also is known as the most loyal Waddle Dee, serving King DeDeDe at all costs, where as other Waddle Dee's are considered to be cowards, hence always running away from Kirby. In Kirby: Super Star Ultra, Bandana Dee had also attempted to stop Kirby before he could get to King DeDeDe, essentially making a sacrifice for him.

Bandana Dee, as the name implies, wears a blue bandana to differentiate appearance between other Waddle Dee's, essentially removing any confusion. He also wields a spear, and is considered a "Spear Master". Waddle Dee's have been known to wield spears, although this is a rare occasion and hasn't been seen in Smash Run - they're also pretty bad with spears, because the only thing they can actually do is poke it forward. Also, if you're going to use the "generic enemy" argument, tell that to Pikachu, Pichu, Jigglypuff, Lucario, Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charizard, and Greninja. Yoshi is also essentially a "generic enemy", as there are multiple Yoshi. This is also shown in the Super Smash Bros. Melee intro, where a herd of Yoshi is seen running.

Also, replace the picture under "Kirby doesn't need a fourth rep" with this one:

Last edited:

synesthe-sia

Smash Journeyman
WHOA, WHOA, WHOA, WHOA, WHOA, WHOA, WHOA! WHAT THE F*** IS THIS?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! WHERE DID YOU GET THIS?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:TELL ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: I SWEAR IF HE IS DE-CONFIRMED........:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: WHAT DO YOU MEAN, "R.I.P"?:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
Don't you mean... Deeconfirmed?

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
I'll be completely honest - thinking that Green Greens appearing in the 3DS version as a song is lowering Bandana Dee's chances as a playable character is just stupid. Green Greens is a staple song of the Kirby series, and has appearing in almost every single Kirby game to date. As much as I love Cookie Country, I'd much rather have more recognizable stages represent Kirby. If I am correct, we're actually getting Kirby's Dream Land as a stage on the 3DS, which I think is amazing. Tossing aside the chances of a Wii U version of Cookie Country is ignorant, as the 3DS stages and Wii U stages will be completely different, except for Smash Bros originated stages, with a few exceptions. Even if Cookie Country was a stage on the Wii U, the Green Greens music could easily be attached to it.

Anyways, while most of you don't seem as excited, I'm amazed! I've been waiting for them to finally release that amazing Green Greens song, and now they did! I woke up this morning and grabbed my phone, and while checking Google+ I saw a video had been posted for Smash Bros. music - I had watched a version that had both the Try, Try Again! song and the Green Greens music combined, so I didn't actually know it included the Green Greens song. Clicked the video, read the title, and hype induced super speed scrubbing, I landed on like, the last second of the victory theme, and then Green Greens started - IT'S SO GOOD. IT IS SO ****ING AMAZING. I don't know how any Kirby fan couldn't love it! It may possibly be my favorite version of Green Greens now, and I can't wait to hear it in-game!

For those who haven't heard it, here's an extended version:

On to some other things I've been doing, though:

I've been messing around with Kirby's Adventure, which was a bit of fun. I changed all of the blocks in Vegetable Valley - Level 1 to be Star Blocks, and killed myself several times trying to get around. I also had messed with some doors a bit too much, as I had accidentally made it so when Kirby tries to exit Crane Fever, it sends him to one of the debug rooms and automatically kills him. I couldn't even see Kirby while in this room, he just died. The colors were inverted and none of the buttons worked, either, so I couldn't exit the level. I also made it so DeDeDe, Nightmare Orb, and Meta Knight's army all spawn in Level 1, which ended up crashing the game from a memory overload. I decided to actually do something productive, though, so I decided to see if I could make the game a little harder.

I'm planning on doing all of the levels, along with adding in a few secrets and fun things, but for right now, Level 1 in Vegetable Valley and the Whispy Woods boss fight have been buffed up. Level 1 mainly has stronger monsters, and the Maxim Tomato in the middle of the level is removed. The level is harder than before, but is still pretty easy, being the first level. I had changed a bit of the Whispy Woods boss fight, mainly adding in a few enemies to attack Kirby and help Whispy. Following what recent Kirby games do with the Copy Essence bubbles at boss fights, I added in two enemies - Sparky and Hot Head, to get a copy ability before you fight. They can't move, or hurt you - if you walk into them, they just die and you're not damaged at all. After you go down, Whispy Woods comes in along with a Waddle Dee with a Waddle Doo charging at you, and two Bronto Burt's charging at you. After they either hit you, die, or fly off screen (Bronto Burt), you can focus more on Whispy Woods. There's also a Shotzo that shoots at you at a slow pace at the other side of the stage, and follows you around the stage. This makes it so you have to be more aware while fighting him. It seems like a bit harder fight, as after the basic enemies go away, you have Whispy using his air bullets on you, apples falling from his leaves, and the Shotzo following you around trying to shoot you. The boss fight isn't super hard, as it's stll the first boss fight, so I didn't want to seem impossible.

Here's a video of the Whispy Woods fight:

The game was played and recorded with my phone, as it's a lot easier than getting everything done on my computer. Most videos I upload from now on are going to be directly from my phone, so hopefully it'll be okay. Also, just to make sure, does the video frame rate and quality look good, or does it look bad (make sure to watch it in 720p or 1080p)? I'm more concerned about the frame rate than the quality, because being directly from my phone may cause it to be a little choppy.

Also, any suggestions for what I should be doing for Kirby's Adventure 2 is welcome! Just so you guys know, I can also change where the sub-games lead to, so I could instead have more Copy Ability rooms or something like that.

---

2. Bandana Dee is a generic enemy.

This is by far one of the most used arguments against Bandana Dee's inclusion in Super Smash Bros, and while it may seem like it, it's actually not. Bandana Dee has a unique personality compared to all other Waddle Dee's, as he is considered to be a brave warrior, while most, if not all other Waddle Dee's are cowards. It should also be noted that he confirmed to be Kirby's best friend, even more so than other characters such as King DeDeDe, Meta Knight, and Gooey. Bandana Dee also is known as the most loyal Waddle Dee, serving King DeDeDe at all costs, where as other Waddle Dee's are considered to be cowards, hence always running away from Kirby. In Kirby: Super Star Ultra, Bandana Dee had also attempted to stop Kirby before he could get to King DeDeDe, essentially making a sacrifice for him.

Bandana Dee, as the name implies, wears a blue bandana to differentiate appearance between other Waddle Dee's, essentially removing any confusion. He also wields a spear, and is considered a "Spear Master". Waddle Dee's have been known to wield spears, although this is a rare occasion and hasn't been seen in Smash Run - they're also pretty bad with spears, because the only thing they can actually do is poke it forward. Also, if you're going to use the "generic enemy" argument, tell that to Pikachu, Pichu, Jigglypuff, Lucario, Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charizard, and Greninja. Yoshi is also essentially a "generic enemy", as there are multiple Yoshi. This is also shown in the Super Smash Bros. Melee intro, where a herd of Yoshi is seen running.

Also, replace the picture under "Kirby doesn't need a fourth rep" with this one:

I LOVE this versions of Greens Greens! It's so energetic. I also agree that I'd rather have the most iconic tunes. It's really a pleasure.

I also love what you're doing with with the rom hack. I really want to play that. You actually made Wispy Woods look threatening, haha. Love that you put a chozo in there. Great idea to keep the player on their toes. I'd like to see more of what you do and play it as well. You should try to make the waddle dee threatening as well for once, haha. Maybe a room full of them dropping and chozos too? I dunno. Keep at it though. I'm definitely interested!

Dr. Canadian Bacon

Smash Cadet
Are you sure? Show me the model first.
http://imgur.com/lmhxLAh
This, just using a green screen material addon, and a bit of photoshop magic to make it seem more "Leakish" and presto, you got a Bandana Waddle Dee trophy leak.
I did end up making this in Garry's mod, wasn't difficult, but if I really wanted it to look more promising I would've taken more time and been able to do it.
At this point, I'm still iffy on everything, except the leak, I'm sure it's true, but as for characters that haven't been leaked I'm not sure. To be honest, I'm not sure how much chances Bandana Dee has anymore, seeing Sakurai is Bias to old Kirby, but, I want to believe, even if all we end up getting is DEE-L-C, I still want him playable.

Last edited:

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
http://imgur.com/lmhxLAh
This, just using a green screen material addon, and a bit of photoshop magic to make it seem more "Leakish" and presto, you got a Bandana Waddle Dee trophy leak.
Then, render it up in 3DSMax, give it a bit better lighting, and fix up the pose a little, then photoshop it into your brand new Bandana Dee leak!

I LOVE this versions of Greens Greens! It's so energetic. I also agree that I'd rather have the most iconic tunes. It's really a pleasure.

I also love what you're doing with with the rom hack. I really want to play that. You actually made Wispy Woods look threatening, haha. Love that you put a chozo in there. Great idea to keep the player on their toes. I'd like to see more of what you do and play it as well. You should try to make the waddle dee threatening as well for once, haha. Maybe a room full of them dropping and chozos too? I dunno. Keep at it though. I'm definitely interested!
Yeah, the Green Greens song is this game is so goood, haha. I find it a bit odd that they'd use a new, high quality song for a Kirby's Dream Land stage instead of using chip-tune music or something like that.

After I finish Vegetable Valley, I'll probably send it out to a few people to test it and make sure there isn't any crashes, bugs, etc. and just give me some general feedback. I may have a few special, hidden rooms, so one of them could possibly be devoted to Bandana Dee. Shotzo is a great enemy for antagonizing the player, since they don't die, haha. One of the things I find funny is that the Shotzo I included in the Whispy Woods boss fight is actually on it's slowest shot rate, so if I shoved in a fast one then Whispy would be the scariest boss ever, haha. I'm most excited to work with Rainbow Resort, although that comes further on.

Thank you for your feedback!

Last edited:

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319

The fonts are completely different. So 100% confirmed.

Also, that kerning on Sp ecknose. eugh.
I deconfirmed it, the fonts are different. Noticed the T in the specknose trophy goes over the "u", but doesn't in the Starlow one.

Last edited:

Lord Goomy

Smash Apprentice
And Bandana Dee survives another "leak." Just a few days left until Japanese release, it's really getting down to the wire and I'm sure that there are going to be some really hard deconformations coming soon, but I'm confident in the Dee.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I'm still waiting for evidence that Sakurai gives a crap about what happened to his series after he left HAL. Brawl got Halberd and Knuckle Joe, SSB4 has a real old Dream Land stage and Nightmare Wizard, all of whom are fairly old characters. Even most of the Kirby trophies last time were of early enemies. Sure we haven't seen all the content yet, and it's not like there won't be anything from the new games, but there really isn't any precedent of major representation from the post-Sakurai Kirby games, which is when Bandana Dee actually started to matter.

Some people claim Sakurai bias will help BD, but if anything it seems more like Sakurai bias will hinder him.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
I'm still waiting for evidence that Sakurai gives a crap about what happened to his series after he left HAL. Brawl got Halberd and Knuckle Joe, SSB4 has a real old Dream Land stage and Nightmare Wizard, all of whom are fairly old characters. Even most of the Kirby trophies last time were of early enemies. Sure we haven't seen all the content yet, and it's not like there won't be anything from the new games, but there really isn't any precedent of major representation from the post-Sakurai Kirby games, which is when Bandana Dee actually started to matter.

Some people claim Sakurai bias will help BD, but if anything it seems more like Sakurai bias will hinder him.
Kirby's Final Smash is the Ultra Sword. And we have yet to see King Dedede's Final Smash, which has a good chance to be Masked Dedede.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Kirby's Final Smash is the Ultra Sword. And we have yet to see King Dedede's Final Smash, which has a good chance to be Masked Dedede.
That's still only a single thing, literally everything else so far has been during Sakurai's tenure of the series, as it was for Brawl as well.

I could list all the Kirby content from old games versus new games, but it's clear which way Sakurai leans. Which, incidentally, seems to be the opposite as compared to how he leans for pretty much every other series.

Last edited:

Lord Goomy

Smash Apprentice
That's still only a single thing, literally everything else so far has been during Sakurai's tenure of the series, as it was for Brawl as well.

I could list all the Kirby content from old games versus new games, but it's clear which way Sakurai leans. Which, incidentally, seems to be the opposite as compared to how he leans for pretty much every other series.
At least the sword is something. It shows that Sakurai us growing to accept more of the new Kirby, as opposed to Brawl. I do agree with you that Sakurai's bias towards his own series doesn't really help Bandana Dee, it really doesn't hurt him all that much either.

Top Bottom