• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Legend of Dee - Our Star Ally as DeeLC?! (v(- ' ' -)>↑

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Ah, the Dee thread.

Support. The Kirby crew is incomplete without him.

lady_sky skipper

Smash Ace
Hey! Welcome back aboard, you guys! It's great to see you all again! :grin:

While I'm here, I'll just make a mention of the fact that my old Kirby series merchandise-updates will be revived for this thread, to provide some on-topic Kirby-related means of keeping things ticking along. I'm really hoping that we'll see Bandana Waddle Dee added to San-ei's Kirby All Star Collection plush line this year, especially considering that they made a lot of general Waddle Dee plushes throughout 2016.
That's great, I loved looking at Kirby merchandise on the old thread. In fact I got myself a Waddle Dee plush a few weeks ago because I loved Waddle Dees so much:)

I would LOVE a Bandana Dee plush, maybe he'll have a little plush spear also.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Aside from Chef Kawasaki, who has his famous frying pan, none of the Kirby All Star Collection plushes have any accessories. A spear wouldn't be very difficult to make, though, if you were so inclined.

That's great, I loved looking at Kirby merchandise on the old thread. In fact I got myself a Waddle Dee plush a few weeks ago because I loved Waddle Dees so much:)

A bandana wouldn't be hard to make either, so you could give one to Waddle Dee plush, if Bandana Dee doesn't end up getting a plush.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Here's my old moveset btw
BDee moveset!
Speed: a bit faster than Kirby
Jump Height: Toon Link
Regular moves
Jab: Stabs with his spear, can be followed up to a multi stab very similar to Spear's multistab move
FTilt: Same as Marth's
UTilt: Does a flip kick
DTilt: Jabs spear at enemy's toes
Smash attacks
Usmash: Overhead Stab
Fsmash: A solid thrust with great strength
Dsmash: Thrusts forward and then thrusts behind him
Grabs
Grab: Grabs opponent
Pummel: Beats with the wooden end of the spear
Fthrow: Stabs the spear into them
Bthrow: Puts spear undo their feet and slams them behind him
Uthrow: Stabs foe and flings them in the air
Dthrow: Trips foe, punches them in the gut and kicks upwards
Aerials
Nair: spins spear in a 360 angle
Fair: swings spear like an axe
Bair: Drop kicks
Uair: Slashes a crescent shape with the spear tip, short range but great power
Dair: Mooncresent Drop
Specials
B: Spear throw, BDee grabs his trusty spear and charges up, can be angled
Side B: Rides spear like a hoverboard
Up B: Spear Copter, a damaging version of Palutena's Jump Glide:
Down B: Cannon Hat, puts on a hat that shoots a cannonball which then explodes, can be angled
Final Smash: Megaton Punch: 3 slabs of concrete appear and Bandana Dee looks angry, creating a shockwave that stuns enemies, the 3 meters from the original sub game appear, each successful hit makes a bigger shockwave, the final hit is a super powered Smart Bomb
Miscellaneous
Taunt1: Tightens Bandana
Taunt2: Falls asleep
Taunt3: Randomly starts stabbing with the blunt end in all directions, notices he's holding it wrong and jumps
Victory Theme: Same as Kirby
Victory Screen1: Jumps for joy
Victory Screen2: Does the Kirby Dance with fellow Waddle Dees
Victory Screen3: Slashes spear frantically and cuts the background open with a shocked expression
Guidance: "Who's that Lady Palutena?"
"That's Bandana Dee, a loyal servant of King Dedede"
"Why does he have the bandana?"
"Legend has it that long ago, this Waddle Dee somehow saved the entire universe and donned the Bandana to distinguish itself further"
"Really? Wow, that's actually pretty cool!"
"I agree, but the problem is Bandana Dee is not only shy but never opens his mouth."
"He has a mouth?"

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
After messing around in the Abilities Testing Room in the Access Arc, I kind of want Metal Waddle Dee to be an alternate costume for Bandana Dee.

Sure it's a little random, but at least he gets a nice shiny grayish sheen.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
After messing around in the Abilities Testing Room in the Access Arc, I kind of want Metal Waddle Dee to be an alternate costume for Bandana Dee.

Sure it's a little random, but at least he gets a nice shiny grayish sheen.
He could be Metal Mario and Pink Gold Peach's new best friend! :p

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
He could be Metal Mario and Pink Gold Peach's new best friend! :p
Maybe talk to them abut how scary it is that he had to be a living punching back for Kirby just to test his copy abilities.

I can see some potential in that.

D

Deleted member

I'm a bit late to the party, but I still support the little mouthless, noseless guy. HOW DOES HE EVEN BREATHE?!

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
I'm a bit late to the party, but I still support the little mouthless, noseless guy. HOW DOES HE EVEN BREATHE?!
Just because you can't see his nose, it doesn't mean it's not there - you can't see a penguin's ears, for example, but they still have them.

... I can't explain the mouth, though. :laugh:

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
We have a new Kirby merchandise-update, featuring some new items that were just announced today;

Releasing on April 26th (the day before Kirby's 25th Anniversary), are these plush mascots, from SK-Japan, in Game Boy, NES, SNES, and modern-day styles.

There's no word on any import-retailers picking these up yet - I'll post an update if or when any of them do.

EDIT: First 4 Figures has announced a Fighter Kirby statue.

Information about pre-ordering, as well as a chance to enter a draw to win F4F Reward Points, which can be put towards the purchase of a statue, can be found here.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Chalk up another support cameo for Bandana Dee in Kirby Team Clash Deluxe

Also, Waddle Dee's amiibo is a total game breaker when scanned. And the other three Kirby amiibo too...

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Since we just got a Deerect, I think the title should change to reflect our upcoming long and arduous wait for Dee3. It's 59 or so days away, yet it feels so close!

Edit: Hey look, it alreadee changed!

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
It's finally happened! Courtesy of a posting on the Kirby Train Twitter account, we now have our first hint at Bandana Waddle Dee's first ever official plush!

This will probably be a variant that's exclusive to the Kirby merchandise stand in Tokyo Station, but it also very likely means that a retail version without the travelling gear will be available later on.

Exciting times, guys, exciting times! :grin:

Last edited:

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero
Hey, I finally became unlazy enough to show up back at the place that essentially started it all for me.
Now I just gotta make sure I don't accidentally do some of that whole playthrough stuff here.
-Ionekonwolf, XenoBrawler610, Liberation, Toxicroaker and God Robert's Cousin, MarioMeteor, Tortilla Noggin, Sir Gengar de Èctoplasma, Chalo5000, Shadow Keebey, Bandana Dee3 and Zero Soul.
For being dedicated Bandana Dee supporters.
ayyy, I made it. at this point two years ago, I was actually a Kirby newbie.
A bandana wouldn't be hard to make either, so you could give one to Waddle Dee plush, if Bandana Dee doesn't end up getting a plush.
Giving a Waddle Dee plush a bandana? Sounds like the first big thing I did here:
009.JPG

Dated August 20th, 2015. Little guy's almost had his pillow case (yes, that blue fabric is from a pillow case) bandana for two years.
:050:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I've been playing Triple Deluxe over the last few days. I'm loving the game so far. Bandana Dee is helpful. :p

Beat Coily Rattler yesterday actually. Best boss in the series.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Hey, I finally became unlazy enough to show up back at the place that essentially started it all for me.
Now I just gotta make sure I don't accidentally do some of that whole playthrough stuff here.

ayyy, I made it. at this point two years ago, I was actually a Kirby newbie.

Giving a Waddle Dee plush a bandana? Sounds like the first big thing I did here:
View attachment 128060
Dated August 20th, 2015. Little guy's almost had his pillow case (yes, that blue fabric is from a pillow case) bandana for two years.
:050:
BTW, you did see the post that announced B.D. getting his first TRUE plush, right? Just curious.

BTW, I was talking to my brother a few days about Kirby, and he said he would be....pretty surprised to B.D. in smash. He doesn't dislike by any means, but he doesn't think much of him. I had to remind him that B.D. (ever since SSU/Mass Attack) has appeared in EVERY game to date. I told him that not even the ANIMAL FRIENDS can claim that. Not to mention that Rainbow Curse marks the first time that B.D. has appeared in-game WITHOUT King Dedede.

Top Bottom