• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Banana dribbling?

JakobFe

Smash Cadet
I still don't know how to do it.

One of the tuts mentioned a glide toss, yet I don't know what that is either.

I'm obviously new to this. :urg:

ADHD

Smash Hero
Glide tossing is when you roll and there is a certain timing that you can throw a banana during the roll (or any item.) What happens is that you are throwing the item while gliding in a direction.

Don't learn to dribble until you master glide tossing though, but what it is is when you glide toss down and pick up the banana with strict timing. It helps you evade attacks and get good spacing.

Btw, I wouldn't bother with any diddy kong AT's until you master the basic stuff but glide tossing should come first.

ADHD

Smash Hero
Is the roll you're speaking of a forward or backward dodge?
forward or backwards always, using the c-stick you can throw in any direction while gliding forwards or backwards.

If you glide toss throw forwards, you roll forwards and press A

In any other case of glide tossing you would use the c-stick instead of A to throw, it sounds kinda confusing when I put it

JakobFe

Smash Cadet
I can't put it into words either; has to do with the stick being unavailable though.

Thanks, I can actually do it.

Now it's time to practice dribbling....:(

3transfat

Smash Journeyman
Assuming you now understand glide tossing, banana dribbling has little implication. The only uses for it would a. as a taunt or b. as a mindgame. But even as a mindgame, elongating the dribble sequence wouldn't be that great of an idea. Best way would to run to your opponent, banana in hand, with another banana in correct position, glide toss backwards throw down, pick up the other banana, glide toss forward, throw down, pick up the original banana, glide toss forward and throw forward. Or backward to really screw with your opponent.

NinjaLink Dribbling.

JakobFe

Smash Cadet
Yea, NinjaLink's vids are the reasons why I asked about dribbling; I saw him fake out that pikachu a few times.

ADHD

Smash Hero
Assuming you now understand glide tossing, banana dribbling has little implication. The only uses for it would a. as a taunt or b. as a mindgame. But even as a mindgame, elongating the dribble sequence wouldn't be that great of an idea. Best way would to run to your opponent, banana in hand, with another banana in correct position, glide toss backwards throw down, pick up the other banana, glide toss forward, throw down, pick up the original banana, glide toss forward and throw forward. Or backward to really screw with your opponent.

NinjaLink Dribbling.
No, it is very useful for spacing I don't know what I would do against Game and watch without it

Mizar

Smash Ace
Dribbling = 5 min in training mode. I think it has many uses. Mindgames, spacing and even edgeguarding (yes edge guarding. especially on people like ness, lucas, fox , falco etc.) When they try to recover from under the stage, just drop a banana ;D

jogues_street

Smash Cadet
Diddy Kong is lucky he aint fat like donkey bc he ate healthy but dopnky ate choclate and **** donky =gay
Diddy=awesome cool F....U...C..K..E..R

IDK

Smash Lord
don't we have a q/a thread? or am i mixing this up with the marth boards...

Top Bottom