• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Ban"wagon: Getting ridiculous

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zinc Elemental

Smash Journeyman
Ease of technical mastery and ease of winning are two completely different and quite possibly unrelated things. Just because Meta-Knight is the easiest character to win as doesn't automatically make him the easiest character to control.
Seconded. This distinction needs to be made.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
He seems pretty easy to control for me, nothing too odd or different about him and the only basic mechanics that needs practices is variations of shuttle looping. Even that only takes about ten minuets or so to get down, the rest of his game is pretty straightforeward from looking at the metaknight boards, I've even started using him just for MK dittos if one shows up to practice/tournament. Doesn't really seem as difficult as the other characters I've played to get a handle on.
Yes, but the poster I posted spoke as if Meta-Knight is the easiest character to play on a technical level in Brawl. Now while he's not hard to play as, he's hardly the easiest to play, either.

Veil2222

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I agree there, but I usually speak as if we're all talking to higher level technical players for the sake of intelligent convorsation. To me, he's the easiest *tournament viable* character to play as and learn on a technical level. Sorry for not catching your direct reference and assuming it was a more broad statement.

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
Ease of technical mastery and ease of winning are two completely different and quite possibly unrelated things. Just because Meta-Knight is the easiest character to win as doesn't automatically make him the easiest character to control.
Who among the viable characters is easier to master than Meta Knight? And besides, we could assume the MK mains who win tourneys have great control of their character because only the great players regardless of their main could win a tournament anyway.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Who among the viable characters is easier to master than Meta Knight? And besides, we could assume the MK mains who win tourneys have great control of their character because only the great players regardless of their main could win a tournament anyway.
I'm sorry, I mentioned the term "viable character" when?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom