• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bamsoldier's Shine Combo

Miharu

Smash Hero
Lmao. I believe that this all started over a name. How meaningless -_-

Honestly, Bam has a nice Falco, that's all.

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
After watching the ToS2 fights, my review is that he's about at DaShizWiz's level, and needs to work on his spacing and edgeguarding, as well as his a bit on his mindgames (he was grabbed after a shine several times). I think he'd probably make it out of the amatuer bracket at an MLG if he didn't end up in the mix with too many pros.

There's no doubt that this guy is legit, but this video doesn't make him at DaShizWiz's level. His opponent didn't appear to DI much, if at all. Pretty easy to shine combo if your opponent doesn't try to get away; you wouldn't even need to shffl. That being said, he's still nice.

Dice

Smash Lord
There's no doubt that this guy is legit, but this video doesn't make him at DaShizWiz's level. His opponent didn't appear to DI much, if at all. Pretty easy to shine combo if your opponent doesn't try to get away; you wouldn't even need to shffl. That being said, he's still nice.
Your reading skills are pathetic. He was not referring to this video, he was referring to the ToS2 videos that can be found on youtube.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Wait, that WASN'T Bombsoldier in the original vid? Whoops. I could've sworn it was.

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
I appreciate it Tarheeljks :).

Can someone give me the link to the Tos2 vids? I would like to see them.

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
Your reading skills are pathetic. He was not referring to this video, he was referring to the ToS2 videos that can be found on youtube.
Two things: First, the original statements were in fact regarding the first video posted. That being said, I have also seen the other videos and I stand by my previous statement-- he's good but I think Shiz is better. Second, no need to get testy and make this personal. Let's just talk about Smash, not about how smart you think I am.

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
Yeah, that was a little harsh Dice.

Yeah, lets try to keep it a little friendly in this thread guys. And talk about Smash.

ThatGuy

Smash Master
We wouldn't know if Shiz is better than Bam. I believe Shiz has been playing competitively longer than Bam. But Bam has been playing with people of vast experience and has improved at a ridiculous rate (he gets so much better every tournament).

Shiz is (I think?) rated #1 in Florida, Bam is rated #1 in East Coast Canada.

In any case, Bam will be in Conneticut in the near future, so you'll get to see how he fares against some other professionals :D

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
ThatGuy, I've known about wavedashing and L-canceling for about a year and a half. And I started going to tournaments about a year and a couple months ago. And yea, I'm ranked #1 in Florida. I would say this guy is about FlowinWaters level of skill. Currently he's ranked around #6 in Florida, but doesn't go to that many tournies.

Check him out and tell me what you think

http://youtube.com/results?search_query=DaShizWiz+vs+FlowinWater&search=Search

This is Grand Finals

Edit: By the way, this was a while ago, he's gotten better.

Dice

Smash Lord
After smashing with Bam last night, I have come to the conclusion that his falco has gotten much, much better since those ToS2 videos. Bam (along with Vwins, a fox player from EC Canada) are getting too good, too quickly. It will be interesting to see how they do when they go to the conneticut tournament in a little while.

Oh, and it was too good when Bam was doing "Dashizwiz" style and doing all that flashy stuff you do :p

Miharu

Smash Hero
Well Dice, I have to say that you're a little biased =/

Not bashing on Bam's skill, but yeah, all these hypotheticals are really pointless until we see some real action. I'd like vids when they come out =]

Dice

Smash Lord
Obviously I am biased...

And nowhere did I say Bam could beat Shiz or anything like that, I was just merely stating that he is improving very quickly and we'll see how he does in the Conneticut tournament.

humBAM

Smash Journeyman
After smashing with Bam last night, I have come to the conclusion that his falco has gotten much, much better since those ToS2 videos. Bam (along with Vwins, a fox player from EC Canada) are getting too good, too quickly. It will be interesting to see how they do when they go to the conneticut tournament in a little while.

Oh, and it was too good when Bam was doing "Dashizwiz" style and doing all that flashy stuff you do :p
haha yeah it was fun thx for support Dice we'll see what happen at Connec

Spartamus

Smash Apprentice
you now the best falco in canada is bluntedodject10, he was just at gamecluks in WA last weekend, he is not the best falco in canada for sure.

Blazey

Magical Love Gentleman
BRoomer
So this combo is basically a spot waveshine, waiting for opponent to come up and down to a shffl dair-able height and repeating, yeah? With abit of wavedashing/shining to the follow DI if there is any? Thought so. Is it only effective against fastfallers? Thanks in advance to anyone who answers =].

Top Bottom