• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Balancing Snake

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Link to original post: [drupal=664]Balancing Snake[/drupal]

Snake seeks to obtain victory by being clever and tricking his opponents.

Snake is easily gimped by attacks by attacks that can knock him out of his Up-B or knock him horizontally off the stage. Characters fast enough to not let him use his time-consuming stage control give him problems.

-Jabs and Tilts, especially forward and up, have far too much knockback growth for their speed.
-Snake's overall damage dealt and weight exceed his weaknesses.
+Side-B and D-Smash are often worthless.

- Drastically reduce damage and knockback growth of all tilts and jab combo. First hit of f-tilt will do merely 2%.
- Slightly reduce damage of nair.
- Slightly reduce character weight, perhaps to that of King Dedede.

+ Increase base knockback from tilts and jab combo.
+ Decrease initial and ending lag on D-Smash.
+ Increase Side-B missile speed and damage.
+ Give Snake *TWO* placeable C4s; similar controls to Samus missiles, where tilt Down-B places/detonates a normal C4 pack, and smash Down-B places/detonates a butterfly C4 pack. Perhaps the butterfly C4 can do less damage and greater knockback.

Snake is the only character whom I feel ought to have remotely drastic changes to his playing style... and I promise that pun was unintentional. This modified Snake uses his excellent tilts not to deal tons of damage or KO opponents, but reliably get them away from him so he can go back to his explosives. This Snake becomes all about C4 madness; not only can he confuse the opponent with 2 C4 out at once, but he can save one for recovery! (The butterfly would probably work better.)

Mmac

Smash Lord
I agree for the most part. but I want to raise some questions and opinions.

- I don't think his Dtilt should be touched at all.
- For Side B, I think the initial speed is fine. It could use a Turning Speed Boost though.
- Dsmash startup lag I agree should be reduced, but I don't think the after lag should be touched
- I can say without a doubt that Two C4's is Impossible, or at the very lease, buggy as hell.
- I think his Dair should have a slight Damage reduce too.

I also think you should post the exact values when adjusting damages, comparing to the original

MuBa

Smash Lord
+Be able to have 3 grenades on the field
+Tilts KO at low percentages
+Give him super armor when recovering
+Bigger hitboxes from explosives
+Grenades explodes on impact
+All aerials autocancelable
+Not affected by his own explosions

That should do the trick on balancing Snake.
On a serious note I think Snake should have at least one Aerial to be autocancelable. Preferably the Fair since the other ones may become spammable.

Top Bottom