• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Balancing Lucas

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Link to original post: [drupal=689]Balancing Lucas[/drupal]

Lucas seeks to... okay, I give. I have no idea, I don't understand Lucas at all. He's one of my most played characters, but only because he intrigues me: I don't *get* Lucas. I understand all of his moves and how to use them effectively, but I see no common theme or purpose. He just seems like an arbitrary character with a random assortment of reasonably unique attacks!

He does suck in the air though. That's a pretty common theme.
<!--break-->
+B somewhat useless.
+Rather unremarkable...
+MARF.

+ Increase B speed, damage, freeze duration.
+ Increase Down-B knockback.
+ Increase fair, bair, dair knockback and damage.
+ Zair inflicts poison flower.
+ Decrease grab-release lag.
+ Partial super armor on double jump.

In conclusion, I have simply tried to make Lucas more random and bizarre than he already is. Increased dair knockback should make dair -> f-smash work at lower percents, which is pretty nice for him. Maybe I'm just a Ness fanboy at heart who refuses to accept Lucas's true purpose... whatever that may be...

Levitas

the moon
Decrease lag on dsmash and usmash. The grab release lag thing. Perhaps 5 or so frames less lag on pk fire.

That's what would help lucas the most.

Top Bottom