• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Balancing Fox

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Link to original post: [drupal=681]Balancing Fox[/drupal]

Fox seeks to use speed to easily approach with chains of moves and strong vertical KOs.

Fox has difficulty with characters who are hard to KO vertically, as well as those that can easily combo him.
<!--break-->
+ Increase Down-B knockback.
+ Increase damage on all throws.
+ Increase damage on U-Smash.

Yeah, I brought the shine back. Sue me, it's largely a gimmick against most recoveries, not Melee 2.0 or any of that jazz. Otherwise, a small increase in damage potential is the only thing given to fox, his existing playstyle is fine. He's underplayed right now, but far from a bad character.

OK'Ssuka?

Smash Cadet
Would you also address the issue that Fox has with Pikachu's Down Throw Chain Grab that Pikachu has against Fox when addressing the Grab Mechanic?

[Edit]

Never mind...I read the Grab Mechanic Blog Post you had put up and Pikachu may be affected by this as well. Hopefully the Fox v. Pikachu match-up wouldn't be so lop-sided in favor of Pikachu.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
An interesting property of Pikachu having two chainthrow, like the ICs, is that if he mixes up his throws unpredictably, he would still be able to chainthrow as long as you never guessed his next throw correctly.

Top Bottom